Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz/Heat game thread Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz/Heat game thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Jazz/Heat game thread Empty
PostSubject: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Just turned it on. Jazz with nice little lead. Sounds like DC is having himself a great game. Portland will really enjoy having him next year. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Carroll has been outstanding. He's not strong enough guard Lebron in the post, but that was pretty much the only flaw in a nearly perfect outing for him.

Really like Corbin's rotations tonight, he got helped out a bit by Foye getting into foul trouble, but I love the three person rotation of Carroll/Hayward/Williams.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:51 pm

How about Burks getting some run at point with the first unit?! He wasn't that good, but he got the run, which I like going forward.

Jefferson and Millsap are just owning this game, they are both just impressing the hell out of me right now.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 pm

I knew the heat would make a run, but this is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:35 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:

The Jazz went ice cold for a few minutes there, but give them a lot of credit for stepping up and winning this one. Hayward was HUGE, and Millsap had two offensive boards that were critical.

I swear Jefferson does some of the dumbest stuff at the end of games, he's so clutch in his shooting but I swear it's like he gets tunnel vision or something and totally loses situational awareness. Overall he played a great game, but he had two plays in the last two minutes that just made me shake my head.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

The Jazz went ice cold for a few minutes there, but give them a lot of credit for stepping up and winning this one. Hayward was HUGE, and Millsap had two offensive boards that were critical.

I swear Jefferson does some of the dumbest stuff at the end of games, he's so clutch in his shooting but I swear it's like he gets tunnel vision or something and totally loses situational awareness. Overall he played a great game, but he had two plays in the last two minutes that just made me shake my head.

I absolutely agree. I should probably count to ten before I post in my anger. I was so irritated that they went so cold in the 4th. It wasn't even that the Heat were playing great defense. The jazz just took several bone headed shots. Granted, Miami raised their level of physicality in the 4th, which may or may not have contributed to the poor/rushed shot selection. However, overall I have to give the jazz credit. They pulled it out. Good game. Hopefully a confidence booster for them.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:28 am

TheMagnus wrote:

I absolutely agree. I should probably count to ten before I post in my anger. I was so irritated that they went so cold in the 4th. It wasn't even that the Heat were playing great defense. The jazz just took several bone headed shots. Granted, Miami raised their level of physicality in the 4th, which may or may not have contributed to the poor/rushed shot selection. However, overall I have to give the jazz credit. They pulled it out. Good game. Hopefully a confidence booster for them.

I think the team is improving and gaining confidence.

They have sort of quietly been putting together a really solid month of January. They have now won 6 of their last 8 games, including 3 of 5 on the road, and the two losses were on the road against winning teams. Now they only have 1 game in the next 8 days, giving them a ton of time to rest and practice, and finish the month with 5 of 6 at home. I'm cautiously optimistic that we are going to see the Jazz winning alot of games in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:28 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

They have sort of quietly been putting together a really solid month of January. They have now won 6 of their last 8 games, including 3 of 5 on the road, and the two losses were on the road against winning teams. Now they only have 1 game in the next 8 days, giving them a ton of time to rest and practice, and finish the month with 5 of 6 at home. I'm cautiously optimistic that we are going to see the Jazz winning alot of games in the next few weeks.

I'm pretty surprised. When mo went down, I thought they were done!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Magnus et al, what were the plays that Jefferson made that were so frustrating?? The thing I saw was that Lebron was on Al those last 4-5 minutes or so, and for how great Lebron is, he still can't do anything if Al gets the ball in the post. The part that absolutely KILLED me, was our guys either couldn't or mostly didn't even look to get it into him!!! ORRRRRRrrrrr, did Corbin actually not see that? Is that possible? No.....right? I mean, no. Right?

DC. What else is there to say, other than the same sh.. been saying since the offseason, he makes a difference!!!! I'm not even talking about his shot making, it's everything else! He makes the defense have to stay honest, not be able to sag into the post, and he's getting rebs/extra possessions. He goes all out on defense too, even when he's overmatched with Lebron. He's a difference maker out there for Utah, hopefully Ty is finally starting to see that.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Wow. One game in eight days. 5 or so practices in the middle of the season??? That NEVER happens! Or 4 practices and a three days of complete rest. Just never happens. How can that NOT be good for them? And the teams they play are mostly weaker teams for the next little while.

Here's a prediction: If the Jazz aren't 10 games over .500 by Valentines' Day, I'm gonna be pissed, and so will all of you. I think they will be.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 am

Don't look now, but if Houston and Portland keep losing the Jazz could move into 7th place in the west before they even play another game.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 12:07 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Don't look now, but if Houston and Portland keep losing the Jazz could move into 7th place in the west before they even play another game.
I want the Clippers in the first round. Bring them on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Heat game thread   Jazz/Heat game thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz/Heat game thread
Page 1 of 1