Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz/Pistons game thread  Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz/Pistons game thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Jazz/Pistons game thread  Empty
PostSubject: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Jeremy Evans getting minutes early & looking impressive.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Marvin not a bad option off the bench. I can handle him as a 7th or 8th man. Hope Corbin leaves him there.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Is Al Jefferson the reason that Marvin has been sucking so bad this year?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:12 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Marvin not a bad option off the bench. I can handle him as a 7th or 8th man. Hope Corbin leaves him there.

Thats been the idea for months. Too bad Corbin waited until it's too late. DC doesn't need the ball or plays to be effective. Makes sense to play with Al.

Marv is opposite, makes sense like Gordo does, off the bench.

Yippee.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Well. If you just started watching Jazz basketball tonight, you'd say Marvin and Mo were damn good off-season acquisitions.

weird, huh?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Is Al Jefferson the reason that Marvin has been sucking so bad this year?

I had some serious thoughts at the end of last season that Al Jefferson is the root of all of the Jazz problems, but I hid them away because he does so many good things. They are bubbling to the surface again...

Did you see this piece on his slow starts...

http://www.slcdunk.com/2013/3/5/4067430/jazz-bigman-al-jefferson-scores-points-in-crunch-time-but-what-about

Maybe we're looking past the real problem with the first unit. Who takes the most shots? Al. Who is the linchpin of the Jazz offense and the Center of the defense? Al. Who typically has the least "energy"? Al. Who's got the worst total +/- and the worst on/off of any Jazz player? Al.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:31 am

Jeremy Evans getting minutes early & looking impressive.

I don't think this got enough play in that last game, we need to talk some more about Jeremy Evans.

First of all, here's his line from last night

8 pts on 3/4 shooting (no dunks), 7 reb, 5 ast, 2 blks, and 0 TO in 24 minutes. He was also +20.

The thing that blew me way was how dynamic he looked out there last night. That drive from the top of the key into the running hook was a GREAT move, it was beautiful. His jumper looks great, he's rebounding, passing, blocking shots....

So here's my question, how much more data, how many more times do we have to see this before we can collectively agree that Jeremy Evans deserves a spot in the rotation?

I've been a big defender of the front office, but I am seriously more dissapointed every day that the Jazz didn't just trade Jefferson away for a bag of chips. Marvin has been great off the bench playing some PF, Evans is a joy to watch, Kanter is exploding all over everything, and I still hate watching the Jazz throw the ball to Jefferson and stand around.

Win or lose, I have realised I enjoy watching the Jazz play more without Jefferson than with him, a lot more.

Is this wrong? Am I just a victim of my own biases here? Is there anybody else that feels this way?

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Oh no, I"m with you. Before the season I was more in Al's camp, but even then still didn't necessarily enjoy watching him/them. Since this season and these guys have played, I'm completely out of Al's camp. We have the talent and size to move on without him and wont miss his offense, and will be better without his negatives.

When Gordo went down I mentioned how I am bored watching this team, and it was because even MORE stand around Al stuff was happening.

Also, the thing about Jeremy the other night, was he looked COMPLETELY different than he has all season, to me. Every other time he's been in there, I've thought he looked awkward and overmatched unless he was going after a helpside block or getting his alley-oop. But last night he looked like a real basketball player, and honestly that was the first time I've ever seen it. And he looked good. Very very interesting this Evans moving forward.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Oh no, I"m with you. Before the season I was more in Al's camp, but even then still didn't necessarily enjoy watching him/them. Since this season and these guys have played, I'm completely out of Al's camp. We have the talent and size to move on without him and wont miss his offense, and will be better without his negatives.

When Gordo went down I mentioned how I am bored watching this team, and it was because even MORE stand around Al stuff was happening.

Also, the thing about Jeremy the other night, was he looked COMPLETELY different than he has all season, to me. Every other time he's been in there, I've thought he looked awkward and overmatched unless he was going after a helpside block or getting his alley-oop. But last night he looked like a real basketball player, and honestly that was the first time I've ever seen it. And he looked good. Very very interesting this Evans moving forward.

Ya, it's starting to get a little painfull for me at times, so I know I'm a little fixated, but I think it has basis.

Agree with you on Evans, just a total revalation last night, what makes it more amazing is that it was when it actually mattered and not garbage time like it usually has been.

Another thing I failed to mention from this game...

Tinsley(out) + Watson(DNP-CD) = 0 minutes

I cannot tell you how great it was to see that, even if Burks didn't play all that well.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Ya, it's starting to get a little painfull for me at times, so I know I'm a little fixated, but I think it has basis.

Agree with you on Evans, just a total revalation last night, what makes it more amazing is that it was when it actually mattered and not garbage time like it usually has been.

Another thing I failed to mention from this game...

Tinsley(out) + Watson(DNP-CD) = 0 minutes

I cannot tell you how great it was to see that, even if Burks didn't play all that well.

Well it was alot of things going right, the way we've wanted for quite some time. DC starts, Burks first off the bench with Hay, and is the backup PG, Kanter getting minutes and flowin. And what a bonus, moving Marv to the bench actually was a bonus too. All moves that are 2 months too late, and makes me even more frustrated at Corbin. Had these happened in Dec or Jan, all the talk would be about the Lakers chasing down Houston and Utah and GS battling it out for 6th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Pistons game thread    Jazz/Pistons game thread  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz/Pistons game thread
Page 1 of 1