Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz at Houston game thread  Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz at Houston game thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Jazz at Houston game thread  Empty
PostSubject: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Where the hell is kanter?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:11 pm

where the hell was the refs go! F%%k sakes! kicked the ball and the refs are checking out the girls on the first row! All of them?
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Richardale wrote:
where the hell was the refs go! F%%k sakes! kicked the ball and the refs are checking out the girls on the first row! All of them?
I didn't think the refs were that bad. I didn't see all the game, but what I saw, I lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of Corbin.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Typical Jazz road game. And that " terrible player" Patterson sure did some damage to the Jazz tonight..
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Typical Jazz road game. And that " terrible player" Patterson sure did some damage to the Jazz tonight..

Patterson always seems to perform against the Jazz, and who said he was terrible?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:46 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
Richardale wrote:
I didn't think the refs were that bad. I didn't see all the game, but what I saw, I lay the blame squarely on the shoulders of Corbin.

There was some really bad no calls towards the end of the game there, seemed like a row starting with a no call on a kick that turned into two points for the Rockets and then two blocks on Millsap that looked like clear fouls, all in all though I thought the officiating was pretty good in this one.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Ok, so I didn't watch every minute of the game...but here is what I saw.
Jazz get down by 10, second unit comes in and brings it back and ties the score. Corbin decides "wow, we are in this...I better get the starters back in", Houston goes up 10, jazz second unit comes in, ties the game...Corbin decides game is up for grabs, pulls second unit and starters lose game for us.
Rinse, lather, repeat.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:52 pm

You know, even though the Jazz lost, I really enjoyed that game, and I feel like the Jazz are slowly but surely improving.

I thought the Jazz played hard and did some really nice things. Everybody contributed, the young guys got some nice run, I thought Corbin coached a decent game... I don't know, I just really enjoyed watching that one and don't really feel the need to blame anybody for anything.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Jazz get down by 10, second unit comes in and brings it back and ties the score. Corbin decides "wow, we are in this...I better get the starters back in", Houston goes up 10, jazz second unit comes in, ties the game...Corbin decides game is up for grabs, pulls second unit and starters lose game for us.
Rinse, lather, repeat.

Na, the second unit was not pulling the Jazz back into the game, it was like -15 for the game. I watched the whole thing, the second unit was interesting but not very effective. Burks was very effective playing with the other starters, and Hayward was carrying the load offensively, but overall the second unit was not great.

The Jazz really miss Favors.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Rinse, lather, repeat.

Na, the second unit was not pulling the Jazz back into the game, it was like -15 for the game. I watched the whole thing, the second unit was interesting but not very effective. Burks was very effective playing with the other starters, and Hayward was carrying the load offensively, but overall the second unit was not great.

You sure could be right...as I was in and out. But that's just what it seemed like to me.
I agree that they miss favors. How long is he out? I missed the last game and as a result whatever his injury is.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:16 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Rinse, lather, repeat.

Yah, the only starter without a positive +/ - was Foye. And as well as he played, Gordon actually had the second worst +/- on the team (-14).

Nice to see Burks out there making good use of meaningful minutes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:49 am

That no call with the kicked ball and mo fouled to stop there fast break was key when jazz making push in 4th. refs made a few make up calls when it not really mattered much. just takes couple key calls the right time in game. wish teams had a challenge in each half like football where teams could help Refs not look like crap?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 am

Burks came out very unready but put in some good minutes once he got over the nerves. Favors play was missed very much in this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz at Houston game thread    Jazz at Houston game thread  Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz at Houston game thread
Page 1 of 1