Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  F the  Magic and F the Lakers! Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F the Magic and F the Lakers!

Go down 
+6
dongibby
MTJazz
Mutangclan
Tarakaan
zero24gravity
Romoholic
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

F the  Magic and F the Lakers! Empty
PostSubject: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Romoholic wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Dwight-Howard-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Andrew-Bynum-Philadelphia-76ers-Denver-Nuggets-Orlando-Magic-080912

What sucks is that division rival Denver got the best of this whole thing. Afflalo and Harrington to get Iggy and three first round picks .... that's an amazing deal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:47 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Dwight-Howard-Los-Angeles-Lakers-Andrew-Bynum-Philadelphia-76ers-Denver-Nuggets-Orlando-Magic-080912

What sucks is that division rival Denver got the best of this whole thing. Afflalo and Harrington to get Iggy and three first round picks .... that's an amazing deal.

Yeah and the east just got worse and the West a lot better.

The eastern conference has only one team now that can challenge whoever comes out of the west. It's a one horse show with the Heat in the east now.
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:55 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

From what I'm reading, I think it's Orlando who actually get the draft picks?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:35 am

Tarakaan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

From what I'm reading, I think it's Orlando who actually get the draft picks?

The article originaly said that Denver got those picks, but you're right, it looks like Orlando gets them. That makes more sense. I still think Denver got a good deal.

It seems to me that Orlando turned down better offers. Strange.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:41 am

Thats amazing. Truly amazing......amazingly lame I guess. The Lakers next year will have MJ wannabe at 30m, Pau at 20m, Dwight at, what, 20m PLUS, and Nash at 10m. 80million PLUS for 4 players!!! That is so freaking lame.....thats even worse than the Yankees and what they do.

I mean, the taxes will come into play and the FAkers will be paying an absurd amount, so I'm guessing it will only be for one season. But still. To be able to have a team salary at 30million more than anyone else is just stupid.

Best thing is though, that I'm guessing dwight still leaves, and injuries and drama keep these FAkers from winning it all anyway!
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:47 am

I'm not at all convinced that adding Howard and losing Bynum makes the Lakers tangibly better. Why I puke in my mouth a bit is that we all knew, at the end of the day, that Howard was going to the Lakers because the NBA needs the Showtime drama and cast of stars. Per discussions in the last horrible off-season, the NBA really didn't go far enough to prevent the Lakers and Heat from continuing to buy contender status. It seems a crime when other teams, such as SA, the Jazz, Thunder have to rely on shrewd player talent identification and genius level GM and coaching strategies to even smell contention. Then you have idiots like Orlando - seriously????? Have fun sucking for the next decade, Orlando fans.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:02 am

MTJazz wrote:
I'm not at all convinced that adding Howard and losing Bynum makes the Lakers tangibly better. Why I puke in my mouth a bit is that we all knew, at the end of the day, that Howard was going to the Lakers because the NBA needs the Showtime drama and cast of stars. Per discussions in the last horrible off-season, the NBA really didn't go far enough to prevent the Lakers and Heat from continuing to buy contender status. It seems a crime when other teams, such as SA, the Jazz, Thunder have to rely on shrewd player talent identification and genius level GM and coaching strategies to even smell contention. Then you have idiots like Orlando - seriously????? Have fun sucking for the next decade, Orlando fans.

You are absolutely right about Orlando sucking for years to come they are getting nothing back for giving up the best Center in todays game NOTHING, now if the NBA did not think that the Hornets was getting enough back in the trade with the Lakers last year for Paul they should do the same with this trade and veto it but we all know that's not going to happen this time around.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:49 pm

dongibby wrote:

You are absolutely right about Orlando sucking for years to come they are getting nothing back for giving up the best Center in todays game NOTHING, now if the NBA did not think that the Hornets was getting enough back in the trade with the Lakers last year for Paul they should do the same with this trade and veto it but we all know that's not going to happen this time around.

Actually I'm thinking now that Orlando did really well for having to get rid of him. They received:

Aaron Afflalo and Al Harrington from Denver, Maurice Harkless and Nikola Vucevic from Philadelphia, as well as Josh McRoberts and Christian Eyenga from the Los Angeles Lakers.

In addition, the Magic have also acquired five additional draft picks over the next five years. Orlando receives: a second round pick from Denver in 2013, a first round pick from either Denver or New York in 2014, a conditional first round pick from Philadelphia and a conditional second round pick from the L.A. Lakers in 2015, and a conditional first round pick from the L.A. Lakers in 2017.

Thats alot of freaking stuff. Afflalo is a starter, Harrington is a starter and expiring I think, Vucevic could be very good. Also all the picks. It's no KOC haul from NJ, but it's not bad.

And I agree MTJazz, I'm not sure it makes them that much better either.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:20 pm

[/quote]

Actually I'm thinking now that Orlando did really well for having to get rid of him. They received:

Aaron Afflalo and Al Harrington from Denver, Maurice Harkless and Nikola Vucevic from Philadelphia, as well as Josh McRoberts and Christian Eyenga from the Los Angeles Lakers.

In addition, the Magic have also acquired five additional draft picks over the next five years. Orlando receives: a second round pick from Denver in 2013, a first round pick from either Denver or New York in 2014, a conditional first round pick from Philadelphia and a conditional second round pick from the L.A. Lakers in 2015, and a conditional first round pick from the L.A. Lakers in 2017.

Thats alot of freaking stuff. Afflalo is a starter, Harrington is a starter and expiring I think, Vucevic could be very good. Also all the picks. It's no KOC haul from NJ, but it's not bad. [/quote]

If that was my favorite team I would be crying for the future - so much would have to go absolutely right to contend again in the near future. I mean, who are they actually building around for the future? Afflalo and Vucevic? If they can clear enough cap space and with all those barter picks they can no doubt start picking up FA's but looks to me like this is basically stamping "REBUILDING" on their foreheads, and that is ALWAYS a crap shoot.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:14 pm

MTJazz wrote:

If that was my favorite team I would be crying for the future - so much would have to go absolutely right to contend again in the near future. I mean, who are they actually building around for the future? Afflalo and Vucevic? If they can clear enough cap space and with all those barter picks they can no doubt start picking up FA's but looks to me like this is basically stamping "REBUILDING" on their foreheads, and that is ALWAYS a crap shoot.

Well yea, I think they are rebuilding, knew they would be, and after losing the top player at his position in the league, you have to rebuild. I think they're looking at all the assets, but also being horrible so getting some lottery picks of their own in the near future. Orlando is going to looking at what KOC did, and what the Thunder did to get back into the playoffs after losing all stars.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:54 am

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:02 am

Romoholic wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1293294-dwight-howard-to-la-lakers-hurts-nbas-orlando-magics-credibility

Even though this is BleacherReport it's still dead on.

Sorry Romo, I'm having a really hard time concentrating on anything you say due to your distracting profile picture. Although for some reason I am having the urge to become a Cowboys fan (at least I THINK that's what that urge is). Razz
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:48 am

Romoholic wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1293294-dwight-howard-to-la-lakers-hurts-nbas-orlando-magics-credibility

Ok, so why then? Why would Orl do it? I'll say I have never believed in NBA conspiracy theories about how big bad Stern deciding where players go. Or it's all about ratings for who gets who, or who plays in the finals. So why would Orlando do this then----whats the reason?

Also, Romo, is that you??? Nice rear.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 pm

My son got a letter from the Jazz selling ticket packages and he replied with the suggestion they first join a league where the regular season offers legitimate athletic competitions with some significance beyond being part of a thousand-game preface to the Lakers/Heat ratings blockbuster that seems to be all the league cares about.

Seriously, I can see Stern in his best Network mode, telling the owners "The Lakers and the Heat pay the bills, they pull the network money, they draw the advertisers! They fill your wallets and mine and you will shut the ****** up about 'competitive balance'!!"

It's going to take the fans of a lot of teams playing for the "Also Participated" Trophy to give up on the league before anything's going to change.

Or is it already good enough? A two-tier league with most cities/franchises/teams having a maybe once-in-a-lifetime outside shot at competing? I think people who expect the Jazz to EVER win a championship are naive, as if this could be accomplished with smarts, hard work and luck. Won't ever happen, folks. And as long as the small-market owners can make money, they'll keep their teams running, a whole collection of Washington Generals to support the league's pretensions of national interest. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Ok, so why then? Why would Orl do it? I'll say I have never believed in NBA conspiracy theories about how big bad Stern deciding where players go. Or it's all about ratings for who gets who, or who plays in the finals. So why would Orlando do this then----whats the reason?

Also, Romo, is that you??? Nice rear.

Yeah I've been working out cheers Just some random internet girl that I firmly believe wants to do me!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Thats alot of freaking stuff. Afflalo is a starter, Harrington is a starter and expiring I think, Vucevic could be very good. Also all the picks. It's no KOC haul from NJ, but it's not bad.

C'mon, man, those draft picks are LOTTERY-PROTECTED, which doesn't matter much coz they're going to be 20+, nowhere near where you need to draft to turn a franchise around.

And people (faker fans) are talking about McRoberts and Eyenga as if they were actual players who made any sort of difference except as roster-filler?? Afflalo and Harrington for Dwight Howard. That's about it, and any attempt to spin it as being even as good as the Gasol trade was for Memphis is ridiculous.

Of course, the Lakers will be handing out 3 million dollar checks to all 20 teams under the cap next year...but this helps me...how?

Ef the Lakers and ef the NBA.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:14 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
dongibby wrote:

C'mon, man, those draft picks are LOTTERY-PROTECTED, which doesn't matter much coz they're going to be 20+, nowhere near where you need to draft to turn a franchise around.

And people (faker fans) are talking about McRoberts and Eyenga as if they were actual players who made any sort of difference except as roster-filler?? Afflalo and Harrington for Dwight Howard. That's about it, and any attempt to spin it as being even as good as the Gasol trade was for Memphis is ridiculous.

Of course, the Lakers will be handing out 3 million dollar checks to all 20 teams under the cap next year...but this helps me...how?

Ef the Lakers and ef the NBA.

The Lakers are bumping 100 million freaking dollars in salaries this season. Competitive balance my ass. The vast majority of teams couldn't sustain that for even one season. The NBA doesn't care about parity. If they did they would have insisted on a hard cap. Either that or much harsher penalties for going over the cap. Like maybe forfeting draft picks for being a certain amount over the cap. That wouldn't work though, how would Stern maker sure the Heat and Lakers bought their way into the finals if they did that?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Romoholic wrote:

The Lakers are bumping 100 million freaking dollars in salaries this season. Competitive balance my ass. The vast majority of teams couldn't sustain that for even one season. The NBA doesn't care about parity. If they did they would have insisted on a hard cap. Either that or much harsher penalties for going over the cap. Like maybe forfeting draft picks for being a certain amount over the cap. That wouldn't work though, how would Stern maker sure the Heat and Lakers bought their way into the finals if they did that?

Troll, yea, I should of said that it wasn't as bad as I thought. That would have been better. But I will say Vucevic was a 2011 lottery pick that got a good amount of minutes last year and they are saying will be good. Harkless was a lotto pick that they say could very well be an all star. Then Afflalo who is a starter, and then all the picks. Not horrible.

Yea, I know. Thats never been done, 100million, unreal. Ever. Its like me entering a 3 on 3 tournament and just buying up some college players to compete in the rec division. It's stupid.

And they did try desperately for a hardcap remember? Nobody went for it......BUT!!!! Thats the whole reason the NBA locked out everyone until they got some sort of relief, that huge tax now going over the cap etc. Lakers are going to be able to do this for one season I believe, correct? Then next season the CBA kicks in and that 100million team salary then turns into like 150, 160million right? I think even the Fakers dont do that.
But, they have Slobe, who is continuing to break down. So they went all in at the same time while they still had him to keep happy, and before the massive taxes kicked in. So one or at most two years of this bullshit, and then the NBA will see alot more parity.

Until then, the regular season will be very good, the playoffs will be mostly good except for two matchups, and the Finals will be lame. But still, nothing like watching the ego's in LA destroy that team.....
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Im late to the party, but i will have a brief analysis of the trade from all ends, posted sunday or monday.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:24 am

A couple things to keep in mind though about this new "super" team.....

OKC handily beat the Fakers last year. Now, with their new additions, it just so happens that OKC STILL has the exact players that give them fits!

Westbrook- he will dominate Nash. To the point that they'll have to put someone else on him. Can't put Slobe on him, someone has to guard Harden too. Thats a real problem.
Ibaka- does a great great job on Gasol. And Ibaka is still improving.
Perkins- He just so happens to be the one guy in the league that is called the Dwight-stopper. I didn't make that up if you havent heard. He actually is the one guy that keeps him in check.
Harden- who guards him??? MWP? Not hardly.
Also remember, the Heat didn't win their first year, it takes awhile no matter how good you are to jell.
Then at this point that leaves Durant vs Slobe. At this point, wouldn't you say Durant has the edge on that one?? I definitely would.
So assuming (and I am) that the Fakers dont win it this year, then next year Nash is another ancient year older, and Slobe breaking down some more. This might not be as great as those bandwagon LA fans think....
So not that I enjoy putting all my faith in some team other than my Jazz, but OKC is still the West's best team.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:15 am

Dwight Howard hasn't exactly been the picture of health. I haven't followed his medical issues closely, but when I hear "back problems", a big red flag goes up and I wonder how long it will take for more back problems to develop.

Just found this after I wrote that above.

Dwight Howard Will Reportedly Miss Start of Season
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/08/dwight-howard-will-reportedly-miss-start-of-season/

Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Dwight Howard hasn't exactly been the picture of health. I haven't followed his medical issues closely, but when I hear "back problems", a big red flag goes up and I wonder how long it will take for more back problems to develop.

Just found this after I wrote that above.

Dwight Howard Will Reportedly Miss Start of Season
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/08/dwight-howard-will-reportedly-miss-start-of-season/

I have to agree with the people saying that Howard is not that mush better than Bynum as a basketball player in fact I think Bynum is better at the offensive end of the floor, so like they have said this trade does not really make them a whole lot better as a team. Who know's with Howard's altitude it could take a big toll and make then take a few steps backwards, I am not so sure that Howard and Kome and coexist together on the same team and still win games.

I just hope that after the CBA kicks in that teams won't be able to buy Championships any more and teams will have to earn them, I myself have no respect for those kind of teams and appreciate the teams that do it the right way by earning it through drafting and free agency pick up's building a team up to where they can compete for a title instead of going out and buying the best players in the league. It should not be about who has the most money to spend to buy a title it should be about who can build a team up to win one.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm in the "meh" camp on this deal, definitely don't think it's a "the NBA is completely and totally rigged" moment.

As I said on another thread I think the Sixers and Nuggets made out like bandits. The Magic got a Memphis like fleecing, but LA was not the major beneficiary of their inexplicable generosity. If Howard is healthy then the Lakers will have the best center in the NBA and be slightly better positioned as a legit contender, if he's not then they just traded the soon to be best center in the league for a broken down version of the former best center in the league.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:37 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
I'm in the "meh" camp on this deal, definitely don't think it's a "the NBA is completely and totally rigged" moment.

As I said on another thread I think the Sixers and Nuggets made out like bandits. The Magic got a Memphis like fleecing, but LA was not the major beneficiary of their inexplicable generosity. If Howard is healthy then the Lakers will have the best center in the NBA and be slightly better positioned as a legit contender, if he's not then they just traded the soon to be best center in the league for a broken down version of the former best center in the league.

Lakers gave up about par value for what they got back which makes it a good trade, (seldom happens you get back what you give in a top flight player), but nothing like the Gasol Affair. Boggles me no end though how their is always a Memphis or Orlando bottom to play submissive patsy to the Fakers. I mean seriously, they didn't get close to getting back what they gave up, making it a phenomenally baaaaaad trade for them and as noted on another thread as well, Orlando is officially in carnage management, er, "rebuilding" mode for the next half decade until their future lotto picks get decent and the warm sunshine starts attracting very average FA's. Based on simply every NBA player I am aware of who has back issues, (umm, Memo and AK come to mind for example), much less surgery, good luck keeping Superman on the floor at superpower levels of performance. To much weight, leverage and impact and general grindage over an NBA regular season and playoffs not to have an effect.

PS. Anyone else check out the MJ wannabe quote suggesting that acquiring Howard actually worked out better for the team than acquiring CP3? Priceless meat for the cross-town rival PG, whose team in my book is picked to finish higher than the Fakies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F the Magic and F the Lakers!   F the  Magic and F the Lakers! Empty

Back to top Go down

F the Magic and F the Lakers!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next