Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Nuggets fire George Karl Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nuggets fire George Karl

Go down 
+4
Richardale
dongibby
Mutangclan
The Voice of Reason
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Nuggets fire George Karl Empty
PostSubject: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 am

Or at least don't renew his contract.....
So now they have parted ways (one way or another) with the coach of the year and the GM of the year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9348513/denver-nuggets-part-ways-coach-george-karl
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 10:25 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:
So now they have parted ways (one way or another) with the coach of the year and the GM of the year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9348513/denver-nuggets-part-ways-coach-george-karl

What the WHAT?! Man.....I think thats idiotic. Karl got that team GOIN. Knew that despite McGee's amazing talents, he still needed only 20mins per.....Corey Brewer revived.....wow. Thats amazing. I know he had a bunch of 1st round playoff exits, but still, can't always dictate coaching ability on that.

And here we sit KEEPING Corbin, could have Hollins, Karl man.....you know, Utah and Colorado are only a state away....

This is unheard of. If we count the Grizzlies there are going to be 12, TWELVE! new head coaches this upcoming season. Unreal. Go TYCO! scratch
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:57 am

WOW what the hell is going on in Denver they let their GM walk and now the coach, makes you scratch your head in wonder. I have heard that Karl can be hard at time's but for the Nuggets to walk away from him after the season they had make's one wonder what is going on behind close doors.

If I was the Jazz I think I would have to take a long look at Karl and maybe rethink where they are going with Corbin, George Karl is a proven winner who always get's his player to play at a higher level then most coaches get from their players those type don't grow on trees.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:07 pm

With sonics Karl won COY and was fired. Did he win COY this year?
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Richardale wrote:

Yup. And two wrongs don't make a right!

I think it's crazy for Denver to not invest in an extension for Karl. I also think Denver's front office is covering their own asses with this move. Karl made the most out of what the front office gave him. The front office hasn't really done anything to make Denver better next year, and, they've just fired the guy that made Denver's front office look not so bad. I don't think it (somehow blaming Karl for Denver's early exit) will work in diverting attention to the real problem in Denver: their front office.

Replacing a head coach is one of the hardest things for an organization. Golden State happened to get a good replacement a few years ago. I thought Vinny Del Negro was a good replacement for the Clippers, but, the Clippers didn't think so. The only firing I've seen this year that I probably would have done is the Bucks' firing. If a front office thinks it takes a long time to develop players, wait till they see how long it takes to develop a coach.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Yup. And two wrongs don't make a right!

I think it's crazy for Denver to not invest in an extension for Karl. I also think Denver's front office is covering their own asses with this move. Karl made the most out of what the front office gave him. The front office hasn't really done anything to make Denver better next year, and, they've just fired the guy that made Denver's front office look not so bad. I don't think it (somehow blaming Karl for Denver's early exit) will work in diverting attention to the real problem in Denver: their front office.

Replacing a head coach is one of the hardest things for an organization. Golden State happened to get a good replacement a few years ago. I thought Vinny Del Negro was a good replacement for the Clippers, but, the Clippers didn't think so. The only firing I've seen this year that I probably would have done is the Bucks' firing. If a front office thinks it takes a long time to develop players, wait till they see how long it takes to develop a coach.

He may never want to be coy agian.Maybe this is why Sloan stayed with the jazz so long? Arrow
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 am

dongibby wrote:

WOW what the hell is going on in Denver they let their GM walk and now the coach, makes you scratch your head in wonder. I have heard that Karl can be hard at time's but for the Nuggets to walk away from him after the season they had make's one wonder what is going on behind close doors.

If I was the Jazz I think I would have to take a long look at Karl and maybe rethink where they are going with Corbin, George Karl is a proven winner who always get's his player to play at a higher level then most coaches get from their players those type don't grow on trees.

Yup, yup and YUP. Would be nice Don, wouldn't it? Exactly what our young play hard guys need. And, defense is one of his hallmarks. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

PostSubject: Players vs Coaches   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:21 am

Mutangclan wrote:
dongibby wrote:

Yup, yup and YUP. Would be nice Don, wouldn't it? Exactly what our young play hard guys need. And, defense is one of his hallmarks. Ugh.

While the Jazz have frequently had a hard time drawing players here, I can't help but think the loyalty they have shown coaches, on the other hand, would be exactly what a really good coach, whose been fired twice after winning COY, would look for when choosing a team to take over. Combine this with the Jazz being team who is young, makes the playoffs consistently and who are pretty willing to take in the coach's opinion when building the team, it sure looks like a good fit, both ways.

Now, how do we convince the Jazz Front Office it would be okay just this once to forgo loyalty in favor of a deal too good to pass up if it can be had?
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:08 am

ptaz66 wrote:
While the Jazz have frequently had a hard time drawing players here, I can't help but think the loyalty they have shown coaches, on the other hand, would be exactly what a really good coach, whose been fired twice after winning COY, would look for when choosing a team to take over.

Yes, I agree that the Jazz, having kept Sloan for twenty two years, have a big selling point for prospective coaches. In fact a few years ago I heard Jeff Van Gundy specifically mention this as a selling point for the Jazz.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

What the WHAT?! Man.....I think thats idiotic. Karl got that team GOIN. Knew that despite McGee's amazing talents, he still needed only 20mins per.....Corey Brewer revived.....wow. Thats amazing. I know he had a bunch of 1st round playoff exits, but still, can't always dictate coaching ability on that.  

And here we sit KEEPING Corbin, could have Hollins, Karl man.....you know, Utah and Colorado are only a state away....

This is unheard of. If we count the Grizzlies there are going to be 12, TWELVE! new head coaches this upcoming season. Unreal. Go TYCO! scratch
I totally agree we should hire Karl, especially because he's y'know right there. Save on gas.

Kind of sorry to see this happen because he was really stymied, coaching that Melo/JR/KMart/Nene Krew. He finally gets a talented, young, coachable team and they want to "move in another direction"???

Sucks for him. At least Corbin moves up a spot in the coach rankings now*!

*-until someone is hired, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nuggets fire George Karl   Nuggets fire George Karl Empty

Back to top Go down

Nuggets fire George Karl
Page 1 of 1