Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Nets Fire Avery Johnson Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nets Fire Avery Johnson

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Nets Fire Avery Johnson Empty
PostSubject: Nets Fire Avery Johnson   Nets Fire Avery Johnson EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:33 pm

The easy story is to say D-Will was able to get rid of another coach, but as much I think D-Will is a prima-donna, I don't think that was the case here. I think that management decided that it was unlikely that they were going to renew Johnsons contract, probably last summer, so when things started to go south they just took the opportunity to get a head start on getting a new coach and fired him.

Looks like PJ Carlisimo will take over as interim head coach, and my guess is that the Nets are looking for a top tier, high profile, coach. Just because that is their style.

Would be surprised at all to see them talking to Phil Jackson and Jerry Sloan in the next few days.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8783854/avery-johnson-fired-brooklyn-nets-starting-14-14
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Nets Fire Avery Johnson   Nets Fire Avery Johnson EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:31 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
The easy story is to say D-Will was able to get rid of another coach, but as much I think D-Will is a prima-donna, I don't think that was the case here. I think that management decided that it was unlikely that they were going to renew Johnsons contract, probably last summer, so when things started to go south they just took the opportunity to get a head start on getting a new coach and fired him.

Looks like PJ Carlisimo will take over as interim head coach, and my guess is that the Nets are looking for a top tier, high profile, coach. Just because that is their style.

Would be surprised at all to see them talking to Phil Jackson and Jerry Sloan in the next few days.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8783854/avery-johnson-fired-brooklyn-nets-starting-14-14

I really doubt Jerry would be the least bit interested in that job! The NY media and a team full of guys that don't have a clue how to play in a Sloan system. No way that would work.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Nets Fire Avery Johnson   Nets Fire Avery Johnson EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:20 pm

One does not become a prima donna without support. D-will is a coach killer. Think about it. The Nets are into DW for $100 million and he made it clear, to the media (again, old habits die hard), the "coach's system" isn't working for him, and since he is all buddy-buddy with Prokarov who otherwise looks stupid for paying Dwill that kind of money for the stats he is putting up and the team record, plays along, (because he is a prima donna too), and wham, throws a great coach making about a 10th of Dwills salary under the bus. Bye-bye Avery, scapegoat! Sloan had the good sense to quit when the Millers were lining up to suck on Dwill's lollipop when Sloan made it very clear he was not going to put up with his me-first shit. The fact he acted like he missed Sloan's system in the now infamous interview before the Utah game yet more testimony to what a completely arrogant, classlesss douche he is. Couldn't of happened to a nicer state - enjoy your Dwill, NJ!
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Nets Fire Avery Johnson   Nets Fire Avery Johnson EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Deron Williams has been getting some more negative press recently. Parker lit him up for 29 points in the last game he played, and then Williams took some games off before the All Star break to get special treatment on his ankles. This prompted the joke that "Parker broke DWill's ankles". Then yesterday Colangelo said DW showed up for the Olympics last summer a bit overweight and out of shape.

Earlier this season, I noted Deron's dropoff in play since the Jazz days of the Paul versus William's debates, but at the same time, I surmised the dropoff was largely due to his wrist problem, a circumstance out of his control. Someone else mentioned reports that Deron wasn't practicing hard and I defended him, thinking that practice probably aggravated his wrist. But with this latest report from Colangelo, you have to wonder whether some of his subpar performance early this season was self inflicted; perhaps carrying a little too much weight and/or not training hard enough.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1532994-deron-williams-must-be-in-top-shape-for-brooklyn-nets-to-contend-for-title
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Nets Fire Avery Johnson   Nets Fire Avery Johnson EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Deron Williams has been getting some more negative press recently. Parker lit him up for 29 points in the last game he played, and then Williams took some games off before the All Star break to get special treatment on his ankles. This prompted the joke that "Parker broke DWill's ankles". Then yesterday Colangelo said DW showed up for the Olympics last summer a bit overweight and out of shape.

Earlier this season, I noted Deron's dropoff in play since the Jazz days of the Paul versus William's debates, but at the same time, I surmised the dropoff was largely due to his wrist problem, a circumstance out of his control. Someone else mentioned reports that Deron wasn't practicing hard and I defended him, thinking that practice probably aggravated his wrist. But with this latest report from Colangelo, you have to wonder whether some of his subpar performance early this season was self inflicted; perhaps carrying a little too much weight and/or not training hard enough.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1532994-deron-williams-must-be-in-top-shape-for-brooklyn-nets-to-contend-for-title

If true, it's very surprising and pretty disappointing! Deron was the most fierce competitor the Jazz have had since Stockton and Malone. I have always thought being traded to the Nets kinda killed Deron's spirit and drive. I still think he brought it on himself, by not communicating with the Jazz, but being traded to a constant bottom dweller, really seemed to take a toll on his game and attitude.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Nets Fire Avery Johnson   Nets Fire Avery Johnson EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Romoholic wrote:
If true, it's very surprising and pretty disappointing! Deron was the most fierce competitor the Jazz have had since Stockton and Malone. I have always thought being traded to the Nets kinda killed Deron's spirit and drive. I still think he brought it on himself, by not communicating with the Jazz, but being traded to a constant bottom dweller, really seemed to take a toll on his game and attitude.

Yes, who knows for sure; lots of speculation here. Being out of shape for Olympics doesn't necessarily carry over to regular season, but that Bleacher Report link had some unflattering photos of Deron in his Nets' uniform.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Nets Fire Avery Johnson   Nets Fire Avery Johnson EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 am

Hmmm. Deron's ankles have been running on Cortisone:

D-Will expects more cortisone shots
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8974849/deron-williams-brooklyn-nets-reveals-third-round-cortisone-shots-expects-more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nets Fire Avery Johnson   Nets Fire Avery Johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

Nets Fire Avery Johnson
Page 1 of 1