Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?

Go down 
+2
therawns
zero24gravity
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? Empty
PostSubject: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:57 am

Our favorite billionaire owner of the Blazers has just set his target on a different smaller market team, Indiana. The Blazers offered RFA Roy Hibbert a MAX deal. Hibbert is a top center in the league, but not a max player IMO.

I'd bet that the Pacers aren't thrilled about overpaying to keep Hibbert, but if they don't they will go from an up and coming team to a mediocre team overnight. Tough situation to be in. I'm guessing they choose to match.

Gerald Wallace will sign a 4 year deal with the Nets according to ESPN. DWill supposedly is leaning toward staying and D.Howard has said he wants to go to Brooklyn. Also, there are reports that Kidd wants to go where Deron goes. On top of all that, there are talks between ATL and the Nets about Joe Johnson. Of coarse, if they were to trade for JJ then they wouldn't be able to trade for Howard as well. I read that if the JJ trade doesn't work out then the Nets will make a play for Mayo.

P.S. Chris Paul refused a 3 year $60 mil extension, starting rumors that he is holding out until next year to sign with the Freaking *****.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:10 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Our favorite billionaire owner of the Blazers has just set his target on a different smaller market team, Indiana. The Blazers offered RFA Roy Hibbert a MAX deal. Hibbert is a top center in the league, but not a max player IMO.

I'd bet that the Pacers aren't thrilled about overpaying to keep Hibbert, but if they don't they will go from an up and coming team to a mediocre team overnight. Tough situation to be in. I'm guessing they choose to match.

Gerald Wallace will sign a 4 year deal with the Nets according to ESPN. DWill supposedly is leaning toward staying and D.Howard has said he wants to go to Brooklyn. Also, there are reports that Kidd wants to go where Deron goes. On top of all that, there are talks between ATL and the Nets about Joe Johnson. Of coarse, if they were to trade for JJ then they wouldn't be able to trade for Howard as well. I read that if the JJ trade doesn't work out then the Nets will make a play for Mayo.

P.S. Chris Paul refused a 3 year $60 mil extension, starting rumors that he is holding out until next year to sign with the Freaking *****.

My hate for the Blazers is growing. Im a jazz fan first, and always will be. Pacers, my hometown team is 2nd. I was afraid of this for the Pacers. I knew the Pacers would have to overpay to keep hibbert. I think the Pacers look at other centers. If they can get another center for a reasonable price, i think they could very easily sign that center and let hibbert go.

Thinking of centers. Anybody else really hoping asik signs with houston for the reported amount of 8 mil per year? I thought this was exactly why there was a lockout last year.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 5:27 pm

therawns wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

My hate for the Blazers is growing. Im a jazz fan first, and always will be. Pacers, my hometown team is 2nd. I was afraid of this for the Pacers. I knew the Pacers would have to overpay to keep hibbert. I think the Pacers look at other centers. If they can get another center for a reasonable price, i think they could very easily sign that center and let hibbert go.

Thinking of centers. Anybody else really hoping asik signs with houston for the reported amount of 8 mil per year? I thought this was exactly why there was a lockout last year.

Ya, the trouble with the Wallace deal is that it sets the bar for a Millsap deal, I was hoping that NBA owners could control themselves but they clearly didn't learn anything from the last decade. Still that is about where I thought it was going in, and I still think they can get Millsap for less than 10 Mil a year if they will give him a 5 year deal.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:21 pm

It doesn't help that the Nets and Blazers are both owned by billionairs. I can't imagine that theycare that much about the luxury tax.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:28 pm

losing hibbert is not that big of a deal, when you consider the pacers can just resign fesenko to replace him.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 am

And finally can put this in "rest of the league news"..... CJ Miles!!!

Brian T. Smith
Former Jazz forward C.J. Miles met Sunday night with Dallas coach Rick Carlisle in New York, a league source confirmed to The Salt Lake Tribune.
Miles first revealed the meeting via Twitter.
Several teams have contacted Miles since free agency began Saturday evening, the source said, and Dallas has sincere interest in the unrestricted free agent.
The Mavericks are an ideal destination point for Miles, who is from the area. Dallas will only become more desirable if ex-Jazz guard Deron Williams chooses the Mavs instead of Brooklyn.
The chance Miles would re-sign with the Jazz after the 2011-12 season was slim, at best, following a year that left the seven-year veteran frustrated with his unpredictable role and the limitations placed upon him by coach Tyrone Corbin.

Fantastic!!!!

Regarding Asik, most amazing thing is he's getting about 5m the first couple seasons, which is fine. The 3rd season he gets 15m. Yea, slightly backloaded.

Chris Paul should hold out if he wants to resign with the Clippers; next year they can offer him a longer deal and more money.

Funny about Dwight. He has said he ONLY wants to go to Brooklyn and wont resign with anyone else. Funny, because Brooklyn now actually cannot sign him. Funny.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
And finally can put this in "rest of the league news"..... CJ Miles!!!

Brian T. Smith
Former Jazz forward C.J. Miles met Sunday night with Dallas coach Rick Carlisle in New York, a league source confirmed to The Salt Lake Tribune.
Miles first revealed the meeting via Twitter.
Several teams have contacted Miles since free agency began Saturday evening, the source said, and Dallas has sincere interest in the unrestricted free agent.
The Mavericks are an ideal destination point for Miles, who is from the area. Dallas will only become more desirable if ex-Jazz guard Deron Williams chooses the Mavs instead of Brooklyn.
The chance Miles would re-sign with the Jazz after the 2011-12 season was slim, at best, following a year that left the seven-year veteran frustrated with his unpredictable role and the limitations placed upon him by coach Tyrone Corbin.

Fantastic!!!!

Regarding Asik, most amazing thing is he's getting about 5m the first couple seasons, which is fine. The 3rd season he gets 15m. Yea, slightly backloaded.

Chris Paul should hold out if he wants to resign with the Clippers; next year they can offer him a longer deal and more money.

Funny about Dwight. He has said he ONLY wants to go to Brooklyn and wont resign with anyone else. Funny, because Brooklyn now actually cannot sign him. Funny.

Good bye CJ.....Think god!

I'm not understanding why Howard took the option if he still wants to leave? I get that it's about money, but if he would have just not opted in he could be going to the nets or anyone else he wanted to play for. Now he is stuck at the hands of the Magic. If I were the Magic I would send him to the wizards or some other garbage team. He has made the Anthony deal with Denver look like nothing.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:25 pm

According to Hoopshype, the Johnson to Brooklyn deal is done. Petro , J.Williams, Farmar, Morrow, sign-and-trade Stevenson and a 1st round pick is the cost.

I also read that his deal closes the door on AK going to the Nets .... come on home to Utah Andrei.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
I also read that his deal closes the door on AK going to the Nets .... come on home to Utah Andrei.

+1
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:09 pm

This actually makes the Nets a pretty solid contender in the east.....As long as Deron signs.

I hope that happens too. I don't want to see him sign with the Mavs. If they don't get Deron they are done being a serious threat. That's good for us!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:09 pm

therawns wrote:
losing hibbert is not that big of a deal, when you consider the pacers can just resign fesenko to replace him.

Dood, Fez went in and became an IMMEDIATE fan favorite there. They LOVE him!

I gather he actually played well, too. Maybe he quit smoking and drinking.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:11 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
According to Hoopshype, the Johnson to Brooklyn deal is done. Petro , J.Williams, Farmar, Morrow, sign-and-trade Stevenson and a 1st round pick is the cost.

Dwight Howard is gonna prima donna himself into a long-term deal with the Magic if he isn't careful.

Also, "AK, come back to Utah. Sign for the MLE and right the imbalance in The Force."
(*makes Jedi hand passes furiously*)
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Doesn't that mean the Nets have a line up of:

PG: Deron Williams
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Humphries
C: Lopez

Ummm...I know it's the Nets and all, but isn't that a damn strong starting 5??
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Trollificus wrote:

PG: Deron Williams
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Humphries
C: Lopez

I think it's a good enough starting lineup to make them the #1 seed in the east. That's a strong ass team there. I can't see Deron not signing with the Nets now.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Trollificus wrote:

PG: Deron Williams = Leading top PG, scores all over, dishes all over.
SG: Joe Johnson = all star shooter and scorer
SF: Gerald Wallace = does everything on both ends, grinder.
PF: Humphries = double double machine, can defend.
C: Lopez = Low post scorer, shot blocker, huge, very good center.

Yea man, and that includes Marshon Brooks as the 6th man which they and everybody else in the league are huge on.
I mean, thats a really really good team; inside outside scoring, slashing, multiple guys who can get their own shots..... Deron was already staying to see the Brooklyn revival, but now its set. Whether it turns into Dwight or not.
That really is a solid starting 5.....
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Nets are also about to nab Reggie Evans.

Worst part about JJ going to Brooklyn is that it probably means that Howard ends up on the damn ***** now. Mad
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Nets really lucked out, Dwill signed. They would have lost everything for two years straight if not, and Favors and I would have laughed for months.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

PG: Deron Williams = Leading top PG, scores all over, dishes all over.
SG: Joe Johnson = all star shooter and scorer
SF: Gerald Wallace = does everything on both ends, grinder.
PF: Humphries = double double machine, can defend.
C: Lopez = Low post scorer, shot blocker, huge, very good center.

Yea man, and that includes Marshon Brooks as the 6th man which they and everybody else in the league are huge on.
I mean, thats a really really good team; inside outside scoring, slashing, multiple guys who can get their own shots..... Deron was already staying to see the Brooklyn revival, but now its set. Whether it turns into Dwight or not.
That really is a solid starting 5.....

I think the Nets are stronger now than they would be WITH Dwight but MINUS Lopez, Hump and MarShon Brooks. Past a certain point, adding stars and their star stats is no longer additive...IOW, if you get 5 20ppg players for your starters, you will NOT get 100ppg from your starting 5. Sure, Dwight's good, but the players the Nets would have left would end up standing around jacking up 3s and letting Dwight gobble up all the reb/block stats. Much like Orlando, actually.

If I was the Nets, I'd say "Sorry Dwight. Good luck with the Fakers/Clippies/Celtics/Knicks or whoever.". Howard started out as one of the nicest guys in the league, this "star" business seems to have messed him up bad.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:08 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?   Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders? Empty

Back to top Go down

Max deal for Hibbert / Brooklyn Nets = contenders?
Page 1 of 1