Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?

Go down 
+13
The Voice of Reason
ptaz66
rorybreaker
Trollificus
RookieJazz
MTJazz
shelley_utahjazzfan
Sampaguy
Subatomic
Mutangclan
Romoholic
TheMagnus
Leoverine
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:10 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
If you're going to go out and spend 7.5 Million on a player, Ariza is not the guy you should be looking at. He's a mid-level player at best, but since his contract comes off the books before the young guys are due for extentions, I think it would be well worth eating that cost and getting a servicable player for a #10 pick in this years draft.

I agree 98.8736356245% Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
aliveandkickin
Starter

Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:56 am

I'm for keeping all four bigs than do anything dramatic. Yeah Troll, there's enough minutes for everyone, and Kanter is just a filler, so, there's PLENTY of minutes for the other three- not to mention playing Sap at sf is a no-brainer imo.
Lets give Favors some serious time this coming year from jumpstreet. It'll be easy to tell how well he responds before the trade deadline. If his offense comes around and is reliable- trade Big Al- since Al will want more money (contrary to what I read here). At least he'll want the same money and with other contracts looming before Jeffersons would expire (if we resign him) then it'll be difficult to sign Favors and Hayward when their contracts come up.
I just can't see the Jazz trading Jefferson before knowing Favors can come around offensively - regardless of contracts. I completely agree that Jeffersons offense is the one thing that'll be missed the most- despite Favors being a better defender. There's not enough scoring, YET, to replace Jefferson.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:51 pm

ptaz66 wrote:
rorybreaker wrote:
The Jazz need-
An elite PG
An elite SF/SG
A very good PF/C
A decent PF/C

Bell, Harris, Big Al or Millsap may or may not be the ones to lift the Jazz to the next level.
Whatever combination it takes to get the four needs will determine if the Jazz move Big Al, Millsap, both or neither.
The most important thing to remember that all four of these guys I mentioned will be over with their contracts this time next year.
I say get the four needs one by one and don't just move someone for the sake of moving someone.
The exception would be Raja, it's time for him to move on.
My dream would be Dragic, Illyasova, Granger by FA, trade (even using Jazz/GS draft picks if neccesary) to start.

I agree with your needs list. However, my concern with a trade is we already have some of these needs covered.

Very Good PF/Center = Jefferson
Good PF/Center = Favors
Good possibly Elite SF = Milsap ??

We need an elite SG and and elite PG.

I think Hayward becomes a really good if not elite SG. This leaves PG as the main focus in my mind. Kanter is not ready to replace Jefferson and I already consider Favors as a starter. Hence, I'd say we keep both Jefferson and Milsap, then look to free agency or a trade using CJ Miles, Harris, and Evans, and possibly draft picks.
I wasn't too clear, I meant on top of the 8 players on the roster including-
Watson, Tinsley, Burks, Hayward, Evans, Carroll, Kanter and Favors
All for about $20 million, the Jazz need what I listed.
I like Harris a lot but I don't think he gets the Jazz to the next level, Big Al is great too, but same thing AND I think his next contract will be too much for the Jazz with others needing raises in the future. Bell absolutely must go and Millsap could fit in for a decent price but he might also be the most tradeable of the bunch.
Timing will be big and patience but I trust KOC and think he will come up with something very good considering he has some money to play with if he moves some or all of the guys and their $35-36 million in retiring contracts.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:52 pm

What do you all feel about Josh Smith? I think he could be had.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:28 am

rorybreaker wrote:

I've loved it for years. He would be an awesome defensive addition, scoring/slashing option, very good passing SF/PF. Same contract as Al almost, and ATL needs a scoring center. I would actually die if it happened. Getting that kind of athlete here......man. Not to mention we would grab even MORE of the available rebounds than we already always do. Favors and Smith blocking shots, Paul and Smith getting all those steals, finally getting a high flying athlete, and Smith is a very very good passing SF, and he still hasn't peaked....oh man. That is definitely my dream scenario.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
rorybreaker wrote:

I've loved it for years. He would be an awesome defensive addition, scoring/slashing option, very good passing SF/PF. Same contract as Al almost, and ATL needs a scoring center. I would actually die if it happened. Getting that kind of athlete here......man. Not to mention we would grab even MORE of the available rebounds than we already always do. Favors and Smith blocking shots, Paul and Smith getting all those steals, finally getting a high flying athlete, and Smith is a very very good passing SF, and he still hasn't peaked....oh man. That is definitely my dream scenario.
It looks like he's at $13.2 in the last year of his contract, unrestricted. That doesn't even bother me that much since whomever he would be traded for would most likely be in the same boat, unless he flat out hates SLC.
I'm with you, that would be great.
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

PostSubject: Decent Idea   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:32 pm

rorybreaker wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
rorybreaker wrote:

It looks like he's at $13.2 in the last year of his contract, unrestricted. That doesn't even bother me that much since whomever he would be traded for would most likely be in the same boat, unless he flat out hates SLC.
I'm with you, that would be great.

This is a trade I think could really be of benefit to the Jazz and based on salaries appears to be feasible. I think it would make us better on the defensive end. We would gain in steals any blocks we lose, plus be quicker in help situations, possibly drawing more charges, while getting opponents in foul trouble.

On offense we would be a faster more athletic team, plus our half court sets would be more fluid by adding a better passer. While I like Big Al's low post game, he does tend to slow down the offensive flow and gets to the free-throw line far less frequently than you'd expect from a good low post scorer. I think Milsap being undersized, makes him both move quicker with the ball, and more willing to pass the ball if his initial quick move doesn't free him up. He is also a player who rarely avoids contact, which improves his chances of going to the line. Last, but not least, if we are unable to upgrade the point guard position, then, adding another passer simply makes good sense, because we'll need assists from more players with a score first PG like Harris.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Couple VERY interesting items here..... :

Brian T. Smith: Whether Lillard's taken before No. 8 will likely impact any attempt made by Jazz to move up in first round of ‪#NBA‬ draft and select him. Twitter

Move up??? Sounds like there's more than just the 47pick on KOC's mind....also:

Steve Kyler: Hearing Houston Rockets have a deal in the works to move Sam Dalembert and possibly the 16th pick. Twitter

Could it be???? I know there are 28 other possibilities here but it SUUURE seems like it could be Utah, especially because nobody else seems to know who this mystery team is!
Back to top Go down
RookieJazz
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:39 pm

A guy, who insists he is an insider from Philly FO, said there is a deal in the table: Big Al and Watson for Iguodala. It seems done deal for Jaz FO, but Philly is waiting for a better offer. In fact they are keeping trade talks with Raptors in order to get 8th pick for Iggy. But if it fails, the Utah deal would be done. I guess Sixers are high on Big Al.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:40 pm

RookieJazz wrote:
A guy, who insists he is an insider from Philly FO, said there is a deal in the table: Big Al and Watson for Iguodala. It seems done deal for Jaz FO, but Philly is waiting for a better offer. In fact they are keeping trade talks with Raptors in order to get 8th pick for Iggy. But if it fails, the Utah deal would be done. I guess Sixers are high on Big Al.

I would be SO NOT INTO that trade. Seriously? Iggy can't shoot Iguodala? The guy who never lived up to his potential-dala? For Al the 20-10 machine? No way this goes down, bad internet rumor, thank god.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:26 pm

RookieJazz wrote:

I have read this elsewhere too...and while I don't believe it...I would do it.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Mr. Iguodala has 44M+ and 3 seasons left in his contract. That's really overpaying if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Mr. Iguodala has 44M+ and 3 seasons left in his contract. That's really overpaying if you ask me.

This is the thing that scares me, but does not at the same time if that makes sense. First, according to hoopshype its about 30 million for the next two years. That is overpay. However, the Jazz can do that, considering they only have rookie contracts after this year. Not saying they go crazy, but the Jazz will not be cap struck in the final year of his contract.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:43 pm

outerspacefan wrote:

Actually it's only two years $30M+. and it is overpaying, but iggy is one of the best defenders in the league, his shot has really improved, and he's a solid team guy.
I'd do the deal..
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Man, Igudoala is a really really good player on both ends. A SF who averages 6 assists, steals the ball, blocks the ball, shoots 40% on 3's, rebounds like a good SF would, and can score. Not to mention he can defend anyone.
Doesn't he make the same as Al, 13m per? One more season of that for a player that brings more of what we need, while getting rid of some of what we already have or dont need in Al. Thats a great great move.
Only thing that concerns me is the talk about possible knee/achilles issues. Hopefully nothing there.

But can you imagine AI on one wing, and GH on the other wing running with whatever PG we have? We'd end up having a beautiful team to watch, with 3 guys getting 5ast a game, moving the ball around. Those two alone next to each other, being the same type of player would be awesome. Also both wings being really good defenders makes for some serious defensive teams.
That'd be sweet.....still prefer Josh Smith, but give me AI any day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?   Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who should be traded: Millsap or Jefferson? Should they be traded?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2