Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Coin Flip for Golden State Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coin Flip for Golden State

Go down 
+4
zero24gravity
dongibby
TheMagnus
i[m]M.V.P.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

Coin Flip for Golden State Empty
PostSubject: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 am

The coin flip to determine GS draft pick is set for tomorrow at noon Mountain Time. If the Jazz gets the pick it'll be a huge addition to next season. It might be so huge that I could suggest draft Damian Lillard and signing Steve Nash (3years $22Million?) and Brandon Rush (4years 25M?). Of course we have to get rid of Jefferson, Harris, and Bell. But all those ideas depend on tomorrow's outcome. I hope Stern doesn't screw us over again.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:46 am

Nice, thanks for the heads up.

I've loved this current group so much that I honestly kind of hope that they bring back all the major contributors. I don't think they should bring back Howard or Miles, I think they should be trying to deal Bell and Watson if they don't retire, and I think that if there are roster spots open then they should bring back Carrol and Evans.

Love the idea of getting Nash, and I actually think the Jazz should keep Harris even if they do. Nash will be 39 and limited to 25-30 minutes a game when he's healthy, that leaves 20-25 minutes a game where the Jazz still need a capable PG. Harris has improved his shooting and can also play some minutes at SG when he's not playing point.

I'm not sure I love the idea of going after Rush, but I really like the idea of trying to bring AK back.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:42 am

That's the one thing that I don't like the coin flip, the Jazz has never done well when it comes to it maybe this will be when things start going the Jazz way. LOL
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:04 am

Guess this "coin flip" (which, unless it's televised live, I am forced to think COULD be rigged) will tell us how Stern really feels about the whole "tanking" issue. On the on hand you have a team which came out & said that they are going to tank games, & on the other side of the coin (pun intended) you have a team that fought tooth & nail to get into the playoffs despite losing their own draft pick for their efforts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 am

zero24gravity wrote:
. On the on hand you have a team which came out & said that they are going to tank games, & on the other side of the coin (pun intended) you have a team that fought tooth & nail to get into the playoffs despite losing their own draft pick for their efforts.

That in a nutshell is why the Jazz will always be successful and the Warriors will always be a bad team. How willing do you think teams will be to trade with GS after what they did this year. It's not like they tanked to grab a certain player. They tanked to avoid paying out a draft pick they they agreed to trade. I guess they didn't actually break any rules in doing it. It could however open them up to lawsuits from some of their season ticket holders. The only problem is their fans are as classless as they are and were rooting for them to tank and keep their pick.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Couple things here. Golden State set a record for their tanking: Last night they started 5 rookies, which had never been done in NBA history. Blatant taking at its worst. I hope the coin flip is rigged, Stern will give it Utah's way.

Secondly, even with the coin flip, there still is the lottery. So nothing even close to set in stone yet.

Lastly ,returning players, I"m torn. What about a guy like Ben Gordon? Detroit looking at amnestying him.....could be a nice scoring pickup. Older Burks? I dont know, just a thought. Good 3pt shooter too...
Back to top Go down
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

PostSubject: BG? No way!   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:24 pm

I'm disappointed in you MuClan. You suggest bringing in BG who plays Shooting Guard. The same positon Hayward excels at with stud Burks backing him up. Not only that, the dude is a chucker. We already suffered 6 years of Miles who is a taller version of BG (chucks and no defense). Since the Jazz won't get GS draft pick, we'll be trading people i.e. Jefferson and/or Harris.

The salary for 2012/13 season is $50,258,040 excluding Miles, Evans, Carroll, Ahearn, and Howard. Here are my thoughts for the offseason. Jazz have several assets this year including Jefferson, Harris, Bell, and 9.9M TPE.
1. Jazz can amnesty Bell's $3.5M
2. Sign Brandon Rush. We need outside shooters that aren't chuckers. At 6'6, I'm very high on him because he's a multidimensional player. Rush is one of the best 3-point shooters, a decent defender, can drive the ball, he can play Small Forward, he rebounds, and he is 27years-old.
3. Deal Jefferson. I don't know for who yet because the playoffs will determine his stock.
4. Keep or deal Harris. That all depends on how well he plays in the playoffs. He's been playing great so I'm on the fence.
5. Resign Jeremy Evans. The guy is a fan favorite; hence we'll have to match Portland's offer.
6. GS Warriors suck.

Those are my quick thoughts. They'll certainly change after the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:37 pm

I'm so not cool with trading Al. If we do we take a huge step backwards next season. Kanter and Favors are not ready to take on that much responsibility yet.. If you trade Al you make our biggest strength one of our weaknesses. The both need at least one more year to get to that level.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:05 pm

I know this is not a Jefferson thread, but since it has been brought up... I wouldn't trade Big Al.
Back to top Go down
Nomo4me
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 4:11 pm

I agree for two reasons:

- I think Al's ability to pass to the perimeter will continue to improve under Jazz coaching

- If we had a chance to draft a prospect who possessed the upside of becoming as good as AJ we'd be ecstatic.

If we need to trade one of the big 4 I'd at this point my vote would be to move Kanter, who will really start to blossom about the time we are going to opt in on the final year of his contract.

outerspacefan wrote:
I know this is not a Jefferson thread, but since it has been brought up... I wouldn't trade Big Al.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:50 pm

i[m]M.V.P. wrote:
I'm disappointed in you MuClan. You suggest bringing in BG who plays Shooting Guard. The same positon Hayward excels at with stud Burks backing him up. Not only that, the dude is a chucker. We already suffered 6 years of Miles who is a taller version of BG (chucks and no defense). Since the Jazz won't get GS draft pick, we'll be trading people i.e. Jefferson and/or Harris.

The salary for 2012/13 season is $50,258,040 excluding Miles, Evans, Carroll, Ahearn, and Howard. Here are my thoughts for the offseason. Jazz have several assets this year including Jefferson, Harris, Bell, and 9.9M TPE.
1. Jazz can amnesty Bell's $3.5M
2. Sign Brandon Rush. We need outside shooters that aren't chuckers. At 6'6, I'm very high on him because he's a multidimensional player. Rush is one of the best 3-point shooters, a decent defender, can drive the ball, he can play Small Forward, he rebounds, and he is 27years-old.
3. Deal Jefferson. I don't know for who yet because the playoffs will determine his stock.
4. Keep or deal Harris. That all depends on how well he plays in the playoffs. He's been playing great so I'm on the fence.
5. Resign Jeremy Evans. The guy is a fan favorite; hence we'll have to match Portland's offer.
6. GS Warriors suck.

Those are my quick thoughts. They'll certainly change after the playoffs.

Well, first off, I dont even know who I'm replying too! This sucks...

Anyway, I think BG has shown that he is not a starting caliber player. So doesn't affect GH. I look at BG>CJ, and he is just scoring off the bench. Thats it. I dont think he'll be in high demand. But more than anything else, its a though, a 3pt shooter thought. I might take Rush over BG, but not by much.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:00 pm

I just read a ridiculous article about how karma owes the Warriors & should reward them with a move up the draft board.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2012/05/09/the-warriors-plausible-karmic-upgrade-for-once-they-should-be-ok-in-the-lottery-and-beyond/

Here's my response in the comments below the article:

Wait, so as Warriors fans you think Karma OWES you for tanking games so you don't lose your draft pick to the Jazz? As far as I'm concerned, you won the coin flip which gave you the 7th pick, and now your due your "karma" ..... when a team jumps you & send you back to 8th. Going back to 8th would give the pick to the Jazz, a team who Karma really does owe something. The Jazz played their butt's off to make the playoffs, despite losing their own draft pick to the Wolves for their efforts. That's how a real NBA franchise does things .... they try to WIN games. Karma owes the Warriors nothing but a swift kick back to the 8th spot.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:12 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
I just read a ridiculous article about how karma owes the Warriors & should reward them with a move up the draft board.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2012/05/09/the-warriors-plausible-karmic-upgrade-for-once-they-should-be-ok-in-the-lottery-and-beyond/

Here's my response in the comments below the article:

Wait, so as Warriors fans you think Karma OWES you for tanking games so you don't lose your draft pick to the Jazz? As far as I'm concerned, you won the coin flip which gave you the 7th pick, and now your due your "karma" ..... when a team jumps you & send you back to 8th. Going back to 8th would give the pick to the Jazz, a team who Karma really does owe something. The Jazz played their butt's off to make the playoffs, despite losing their own draft pick to the Wolves for their efforts. That's how a real NBA franchise does things .... they try to WIN games. Karma owes the Warriors nothing but a swift kick back to the 8th spot.

I love how one guy tried to say that GS played their asses off and denied their tanking. Another guy tried to say it was the same thing Utah did last year by trading Deron. GS fans are uber idiots!
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:14 am

Romoholic wrote:
I love how one guy tried to say that GS played their asses off and denied their tanking. Another guy tried to say it was the same thing Utah did last year by trading Deron. GS fans are uber idiots!

Yup, I responded to that fool & tried to explain to him the difference between what GS did & what happened to the Jazz last year (DWill traded, HOF coach retired, injuries to Okur & AK, etc). Probably fell on deaf ears though.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:24 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Yup, I responded to that fool & tried to explain to him the difference between what GS did & what happened to the Jazz last year (DWill traded, HOF coach retired, injuries to Okur & AK, etc). Probably fell on deaf ears though.

I just can't believe that GS fans actually think they are owed something. I would be really surprised if team were very willing to make trades with them, if it involves draft picks. What they did is circumvent the terms of the trade to make sure they were able to keep their pick in a strong draft. It's just bad business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coin Flip for Golden State   Coin Flip for Golden State Empty

Back to top Go down

Coin Flip for Golden State
Page 1 of 1