Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?

Go down 
+10
dongibby
Romoholic
outerspacefan
TheMagnus
zero24gravity
therawns
rorybreaker
Mutangclan
Tarakaan
Trollificus
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? Empty
PostSubject: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:39 pm

I like it. ALL the moves so far have been solid.

Yeah, Murph is unproven and Mo isn't really a great PG (good shooter, though). And keeping Carroll and Evans is nice, but not earthshaking.

But they are all POSITIVE moves!! And that's very encouraging. For our best young players to reach their potential, the team needs to win, and the talent level and athleticism of this team keeps going up and up. You get good, athletic players, you win. You win, you get confidence. You get confidence, you get better.

You get better, THEN you start looking at contending. Yeah, I said it. Not this year. This year will be a coming-out party. This year we'll put the league on notice. Right? We will, won't we? We will. I think.

And let's not worry about "Is he good enough to win a championship?" or "Will they make an effective Big Three?" or any of that. We just want to get better, for now.

So, what moves does KOC make to give us a winning roster? A 50+ win roster, let's say. We probably don't keep Harris, and we don't have enough bigs, and a good young point guard would be nice, and DonG wants a wing...or maybe he just wants some chicken wings, I dunno.

Going forward, what does KOC do, and how does he do it? I mean, since he's clearly reading this board and all... Cool
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 pm

The 2012/13 Jazz roster as it stands –

PG Williams, Harris, Watson
SG (Harris), Burks, Murphy
SF Hayward, Carroll
PF Favors, Millsap, Evans
C Jefferson, Kanter

At the end of last season, the major issues in my opinion were -
1. inconsistent PG play (both from starters and the bench),
2. outside shooting,
3. experience for our young players,
4. veteran leadership.

So far, KOC has done a fantastic job of addressing these deficiencies. With the inclusion of Williams, we suddenly have two legitimate, ex-all star starting PG's. Considering the youth of our SG's, we will probably have a lot of line ups that include Williams and Harris playing together, which I don't see as a bad thing as Harris' skill set is more suited to the off guard than running the point. The other thing about Williams is that he comes in and is instantly the best outside shooter on the team as a career 0.387% from the arc. While on threes, Kevin Murphy, while being constantly praised for his mid-range game, but he also managed to hit .416% on threes. This to compliment Hayward (0.346% in 11/12), Burks (0.333%), Harris (0.362%) and Carroll (0.368%). Now I don't kid myself that this is Allen, Korver or Novak territory, but it should be a more consistent threat than this year play. Mo's inclusion also gives us a mature, veteran floor leader and wouldn't be surprised if he was named co-captain with either Millsap or Jefferson. As for experience, Favors, Hayward and Burk all got good minutes and roles as the season went on and showed they belong in the league while Kanter and Carroll both found niches for themselves in the squad.

So has the team improved? I think we have improved out of sight, especially with the additions of Williams and Murphy for only the loss of Bell (who you could argue was a distraction and hindrance towards the end of the season), Howard (useful but limited and injury prone) and Miles (burnt his last bridge), the finals experience from last season coupled with the natural improvement of the younger players in the team. Why shouldn't we as Jazz fans be considering ourselves a strong chance for a spot 3-6 in the West? Considering how fluid many of the other teams are (who knows what the *****, Dallas and Phoenix are going to look like, SA is older still, and Houston and Portland are both going to make us look ancient age wise) I like the idea of keeping what we've got and seeing what they can do! We have depth at each position, a refreshing blend of youth and experience, room to grow and develop, and the second highest scoring centre in the league (significant when there are only 5 averaging above 15ppg) and suddenly I can’t wait for camp to begin! The other thing to look at is, with two scoring PG’s, how good does having passing SF’s like Hayward, and in a dream situation AK (who could also add depth at the PF position to cover for injuries to our bigs) be. Though I don’t think the Jazz have the cap room to pick up AK any more though.

My take. Oh and hi all . . .
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Agree Troll, ALL the moves have been positive. Smart on the court and smart financially.

Dont forget that Mo Williams was an all star in 2009. This is no slouch. And now he has been added to a team that showed they want him when his last one showed the opposite. He's a leader type, whereas Devin was not. He's a better 3pt shooter, and better passer. He's a better mid range player and can get to the bucket just as well.

Secondly, if the exact same 8th seeded playoff team returned next year, we would immediately be better this upcoming year. Another year of playing together, young guys growing up more etc. But now, we've added an all star type PG that has been desperate to lead his own team and is skilled enough to do it. We added a very good 3pt shooter, a better passer than Devin and another very good scorer. We also added a veteran tough player. This is seriously a significant upgrade. I look at Mo the same way the league is looking at Dragic now; just need a chance to show it. Not to mention, even if it doesn't work out, Mo is an expiring ALSO, just like our others after next year!!

We got rid of dead weight: CJ Miles, Raja, Howard. Gone.

We added Demarre Carroll who may convince me for the first time ever to buy a Jazz jersey. All he does is go 110%. Perfect bench player that can play two positions, rebounds, hustles, can even shoot the 3. And his dirt cheap. Great. Locked up our back up pg position, which is a very underrated move.

Man. With this team, we can compete for 5-6th seed, easy. Easy.

But now what????? Is Devin gone? We still have 3 PF's that should start. Is KOC looking at moving Al and Devin together? Or Paul and Devin??? Is he looking at someone like Josh Smith now for those two? I just dont know.
I can say, I now, with perfect fit Mo, love this team. If we're able to get a starting SF like Josh Smith, Rudy Gay, Iguodala and move Al and Devin, or Paul and Devin, that would seriously blow my mind. Utah Jazz wont be keeping 4 point guards this year, I'm sure of it. (Devin move already in the works??!!!)

** Actually just thought of the perfect move: Jameer Nelson opted out, the Magic need a starting PG. I think the money is close.....Devin Harris to Orlando for Ryan Anderson the 3 pt bombing PF. We get 3's, shore up the PG position and add another big.

This team is going to be good either way. I'm effing ready!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

** Actually just thought of the perfect move: Jameer Nelson opted out, the Magic need a starting PG. I think the money is close.....Devin Harris to Orlando for Ryan Anderson the 3 pt bombing PF. We get 3's, shore up the PG position and add another big.

Whoa. Actually, Ryan Anderson is a better fit for the Jazz than Korver. Or AK, probably.

Because, while people are counting our "3 centers", two of those players are also our PFs. WE ONLY HAVE 4 BIGS AND ONE OF THEM IS SF-SIZED. We really DO need another PF...and if it's one who can perfectly address our one, last, weakness...wow. Just wow.

Make it so, Mr. O'Connor.

ps) of course, this would only add to the problem the Jazz have of "too many good players". Dammit.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 am

Trollificus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Whoa. Actually, Ryan Anderson is a better fit for the Jazz than Korver. Or AK, probably.

Because, while people are counting our "3 centers", two of those players are also our PFs. WE ONLY HAVE 4 BIGS AND ONE OF THEM IS SF-SIZED. We really DO need another PF...and if it's one who can perfectly address our one, last, weakness...wow. Just wow.

Make it so, Mr. O'Connor.

ps) of course, this would only add to the problem the Jazz have of "too many good players". Dammit.

Well Anderson is a RFA, so Orlando can match anything. In the article I read they were saying is 9-10m too much for him. Well, thats not a question for me to answer, but if Devins $8.5 went out, I'd gladly add a PF that is not a good 3pt shooter, but a GREAT 3pt shooter. He also rebounds well. He's all of 6'10 and 240lbs, so no skinny PF type. I know Orlando is either trying to keep Dwight and doing cap room things, or will start over. Not sure Anderson is a guy that will fit there without Dwight, so if Utah offers a solid contract I think we could have him. My guess is he'd like to come to Utah too and play. Could be our 6th man.

Could you imagine having a 6th and 7th man that actually is someone you could count on to score etc? Burks and Anderson vs CJ and Howard??? Could you imagine???

I think that may be my new preference, even over getting Josh Smith......ok, no, wait, no way. I love Josh Smith Smile
But getting RA on this team would be killer and complete a balance, young, tough playing team.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:01 am

The Jazz bring on Mo, one year rent to own PG, add $8.5 million in salaries. This can only mean Harris is gone AND I'll bet Millsap or Big Al are gone with him to bring in a new elite player and bring the salaries back down to where they were. It's the only thing that makes sense.
Harris and Millsap (plus Bells dump of $3.5 somehow) for .............Smith? Granger? someone with about a $10 mil contract.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:41 am

rorybreaker wrote:
The Jazz bring on Mo, one year rent to own PG, add $8.5 million in salaries. This can only mean Harris is gone AND I'll bet Millsap or Big Al are gone with him to bring in a new elite player and bring the salaries back down to where they were. It's the only thing that makes sense.
Harris and Millsap (plus Bells dump of $3.5 somehow) for .............Smith? Granger? someone with about a $10 mil contract.

Shut your mouth when you talk to me Rorybreaker.....you're making me feel all funny inside. That would be monster.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:11 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
rorybreaker wrote:

Shut your mouth when you talk to me Rorybreaker.....you're making me feel all funny inside. That would be monster.
You mean flowers and chocolates for KOC if this happens?, I'll go in halves with you.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:57 pm

I will watch the draft here in an hour or so. Utah has the 47th pick, so lets just say he is out of the rotation. (Paul Millsap's are extremely extremely rare.)

Harris/williams/watson/tinsley
burks/williams
hayward/carroll
favors/millsap
jefferson/kanter

The Jazz still have the mid-level exception. We can debate who starts at PG, and who is the 6th man. Whoever comes off the bench will be used very similarly to jason terry, I would think. Gets about 30 minutes.

Getting Williams helps SG out tremendously. Utah needs another wing player. Maguns has talked about how an ak47 reunion makes sense, and I cant help but agree. I see him getting about 24 minutes. I see Williams/Harris getting about 12 minutes a game at the 2, burks about 22-24, hayward 32 minutes, and ak47 24. Add those up and you get 92 minutes there out of them. Now, whoever is playing well gets the extra 6, or they move millsap to the 3 if the matchups are right. Get AK47 and this is a very nice looking team with the nucleus still young, with nobody really falling down yet.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:29 pm

therawns wrote:
I will watch the draft here in an hour or so. Utah has the 47th pick, so lets just say he is out of the rotation. (Paul Millsap's are extremely extremely rare.)

The Jazz still have the mid-level exception. We can debate who starts at PG, and who is the 6th man. Whoever comes off the bench will be used very similarly to jason terry, I would think. Gets about 30 minutes.

Getting Williams helps SG out tremendously. Utah needs another wing player. Maguns has talked about how an ak47 reunion makes sense, and I cant help but agree. I see him getting about 24 minutes. I see Williams/Harris getting about 12 minutes a game at the 2, burks about 22-24, hayward 32 minutes, and ak47 24. Add those up and you get 92 minutes there out of them. Now, whoever is playing well gets the extra 6, or they move millsap to the 3 if the matchups are right. Get AK47 and this is a very nice looking team with the nucleus still young, with nobody really falling down yet.

Good call Rawns, the Terry ref. Still have Evans up there too, and I'd wager Murphy is going to make this roster with his shooting and contribute some. I believe MO to be a much better PG and leader too, so if anyone is spending time at SG, I think it's Devin; he's a more natural scorer and less natural PG and leader. Either way, I think Devin is moving on for our sniper-shooter too. I'd like to see a combination coming back though with a 3rd string Center or so. Or going after some amnesty candidates, Tyrus Thomas, Brendan Haywood. OR, if we can move Devin to bring back a shooter, I'd like to see us use some of our MLE to go get Ronny Turiaf. Perfect teammate and rugged rebounding shot blocking Center.
So although I still think this is going to change quite a bit, depth looks like this to me right now, with starters:

Mo Will/Harris/Watson/Tinsley
Hayward/Burks (Harris/Williams/Murphy)
Paul/Carroll/Murphy (Hayward/Evans)
Favors/Evans (Millsap/Al)
Jefferson/Kanter (Favors)

Honestly, after securing Mo Williams as our starting PG/floor stretcher/leader, I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the possibilities, which is a great thing!! And thats 13 players on the team, not room for much else. So pretty sure theres going to be another trade here. Need our sniper shooter, and I think a backup Center. Gimme Danny Green/Ryan Anderson/Ronny Turiaf/Brendan Haywood/Tyrus Thomas/Lou Williams even maybe. Lots of players out there, without really a trade. Soooo many options.
(btw, just realized again, going into this season we have 8 expiring contracts....2013 summer could be unlike anything we Jazz fans have ever seen!)
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
therawns wrote:

Good call Rawns, the Terry ref. Still have Evans up there too, and I'd wager Murphy is going to make this roster with his shooting and contribute some. I believe MO to be a much better PG and leader too, so if anyone is spending time at SG, I think it's Devin; he's a more natural scorer and less natural PG and leader. Either way, I think Devin is moving on for our sniper-shooter too. I'd like to see a combination coming back though with a 3rd string Center or so. Or going after some amnesty candidates, Tyrus Thomas, Brendan Haywood. OR, if we can move Devin to bring back a shooter, I'd like to see us use some of our MLE to go get Ronny Turiaf. Perfect teammate and rugged rebounding shot blocking Center.
So although I still think this is going to change quite a bit, depth looks like this to me right now, with starters:

Mo Will/Harris/Watson/Tinsley
Hayward/Burks (Harris/Williams/Murphy)
Paul/Carroll/Murphy (Hayward/Evans)
Favors/Evans (Millsap/Al)
Jefferson/Kanter (Favors)

Honestly, after securing Mo Williams as our starting PG/floor stretcher/leader, I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the possibilities, which is a great thing!! And thats 13 players on the team, not room for much else. So pretty sure theres going to be another trade here. Need our sniper shooter, and I think a backup Center. Gimme Danny Green/Ryan Anderson/Ronny Turiaf/Brendan Haywood/Tyrus Thomas/Lou Williams even maybe. Lots of players out there, without really a trade. Soooo many options.
(btw, just realized again, going into this season we have 8 expiring contracts....2013 summer could be unlike anything we Jazz fans have ever seen!)

Id like to see tinsley moved for a kurt thomas type of player, if they plan on keeping the other 3 PG's. Turiaf for the mid-level makes very little to no sense. There is a reason why he changes teams every other year. He is a rugged nice guy to have at the end of the bench, but i do not want him getting consistent playing time. You can start the mid level at 5 million. The Jazz have to go after a quality wing with that.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:35 pm

therawns wrote:

Id like to see tinsley moved for a kurt thomas type of player, if they plan on keeping the other 3 PG's. Turiaf for the mid-level makes very little to no sense. There is a reason why he changes teams every other year. He is a rugged nice guy to have at the end of the bench, but i do not want him getting consistent playing time. You can start the mid level at 5 million. The Jazz have to go after a quality wing with that.

If the others are kept, I agree on Tinsley. But really think Devin is moving in a trade.
Thats exactly what we need though, a rugged nice guy at the end of the bench. He's good for rebounds and blocked shots, great. I'm not sure on the $$$'s used for him, but I think he'd be ideal.
Just saw Danny Green is popping up as Jazz interested. That'd be great, young 3pt shooting perimeter defender, perfect. That, could be an MLE type, though I feel like 5m is high.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:43 pm

Sorry, I disagree about some of the names/moves that have been thrown around. And I DELIBERATELY haven't noticed who's in favor of who too much, so don't take it personally. You idiots.

a) Tinsley over Watson, all day. More upside and has only played about 2/3 as much ball as Watson. Less wear and tear and so much better on the offensive end that it more than negates Watson's "little pest" defensive contribution. Also, when Watson's not being a little pest, he's being picked off, run past or shot over. Like with Ronnie Price, the few spectacular plays are countered by numerous possessions of ineffective defense, but people remember what?

3) Josh Smith has been a horrible character problem for the Hawks. Nobody wants him on their team, nobody wants him on the All Star team, despite his otherworldly athleticism. I don't like to call someone a bad human being without actually knowing them, but I have read a bit about the Hawks and their very good, "no chance of winning it all" team, and all signs point to
"asshole". Just sayin'.

V) Ronnie Turiaf is NOT a banger and has always been a very poor rebounder for his size, position and athletic ability. Good shot blocker, good passer...but he is NOT a rebounder or a physical defender. Whoever said that has not looked at the stats. (his per-36 for his career is like, 7.7 or sth, which is plain old BAD for a PF/C)

Cool Look at Machado's highlights on youtube. He sees and makes passes that very few in the NBA can. I find it hard to believe he's such a poor shooter or so restricted athletically that that kind of skill can't find a place in the NBA. We should get him. I'd be comfortable with a Mo/Tinsley/Rookie at PG. Matter of fact, I think that would be an IDEAL arrangement and we should be able to get something for Harris.

Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 pm

So...after listening to everybody's suggestions, here's what I think KOC should do. And I think it's all possible, though I haven't looked at our salary cap situation:

a) Bring in Machado to camp, offer him a contract, sign him for the summer league, whatev, but let's take a look at him. Dude can distribute the ball.

b) Sign-and-trade, Devin Harris to PG-desperate Orlando for Ryan Anderson.

c) Sign AK if the dollars can be made to work.

With these moves, and getting Mo and Murphy and retaining Tinsley, Carroll and Evans, we'll have addressed the PG situation, depth at wing and 4/5, and the 3-pt shooting problem.

PG: Mo/Tinsley/Machado
SG: Hayward/Burks/Murphy
SF: AK/Hayward/Millsap/Carroll/Evans?
PF: Millsap/Anderson/Favors/AK/Evans
C: Jefferson/Favors/Kanter/Anderson

14 players, 10 deep with guys that need minutes. 3 guys who can actually play C, logjam at PF, plenty of matchup possibilities at SF, solid at SG and PG.

The problem with this collection of talent, as any conventional-wisdom-spouting NBA analyst will tell you, is NO SUPERSTARS! Just 240 minutes/game of very good play. A team can win 50+ games that way, but no title. I say let's get to the 50+ win level first, before we worry about the title, aight?

Last edited by Trollificus on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Nevermind. Looking at that team, I can't see how the minutes could possibly be distributed.

Too many "very good" players, not enough "great" ones.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:44 am

Trollificus wrote:
Nevermind. Looking at that team, I can't see how the minutes could possibly be distributed.

Too many "very good" players, not enough "great" ones.

Does it come back to our supposed "log jam" at the big spots?? Is it a lack of feeling like Paul can be our SF for 82 games? I tend to think so......OR, that starting 5, with Mo now is very very good and we can run with this. So we need supporting players. As much as I like AK and Ryan Anderson coming, I think we can only bring in one, just because of the minutes, if we dont make some sort of blockbuster trade. And maybe now with Mo, thats exactly what we need still: a blockbuster.
And as you know I think Ryan Anderson is the guy. I really really wonder if Orlando would let him go for the PG they desperately need. (Orlando is in a strange position, getting all these overtures for Dwight with him surely going.)

I'm on the Turiaf wagon. Per 36mins and all that jazz is nice, but what the heck are you looking for??? I thought we wanted a 4th string big basically. Paul/Al/Derrick all play 30mins minimum. We want Kanter to get at least 20-23 right? So how many minutes does that leave, like 3???? So for those 3 minutes, or when someone is in foul trouble, I want a vet that knows how to play and block shots. Do you guys want to bring in someone to take minutes from any of our big 4?? Not me.... And really, I like Fez too but is Fez > Ronny??? I tend to think its a push.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:05 am

According to a recent Trib article, the Jazz are not expecting to be a major player in this years FA market, but expect next summer to be a blockbuster summer since there will only be four players (Kanter, Favors, Heyward, Burks) under contract. Right now they have 62 million in contracts ($70 mil is the luxury tax).

However, the article did say this:

The Salt Lake Tribune learned Saturday that San Antonio guard Danny Green (restricted free agent) and veteran guard Roger Mason have interest in Utah. Green received a $2.7 million qualifying offer from the Spurs. But he’s open to exploring his options and a league source close to the guard believes Green could be a perfect fit for a Jazz team that enters free agency needing to address 3-point shooting and perimeter defense — two of Green’s main strengths.

Other shooting guards and small forwards who could fit Utah’s needs and price range: Gerald Green, Martell Webster, Michael Redd, Roger Mason, Shannon Brown, Lou Williams, Marco Belinelli and Nick Young.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:56 am

zero24gravity wrote:

The Salt Lake Tribune learned Saturday that San Antonio guard Danny Green (restricted free agent) and veteran guard Roger Mason have interest in Utah. Green received a $2.7 million qualifying offer from the Spurs. But he’s open to exploring his options and a league source close to the guard believes Green could be a perfect fit for a Jazz team that enters free agency needing to address 3-point shooting and perimeter defense — two of Green’s main strengths.

Other shooting guards and small forwards who could fit Utah’s needs and price range: Gerald Green, Martell Webster, Michael Redd, Roger Mason, Shannon Brown, Lou Williams, Marco Belinelli and Nick Young.

yea man, I saw that. Not only did he show he was a sturdy player, he hits a good 3 and is a good perimeter defender. He's also going to be a sophomore right? Perfect to grow with our other youngs. Thinking now about it, I think signing Danny Green to come off our bench with Demarre Carroll, Kanter and Earl Watson, we could have our very own junkyard dog pound 2nd unit: tenacious D, hustling, pestering, making them work beat em up unit. I like that...

Other guys on that list I'd like are Gerald Green who had a revival last year and does a bit of everything. After that, Shannon Brown I still like, Lou Williams isn't happening IMO, Belinelli is good for a min amount. Nick Young.....ehhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:44 pm

The Hawks have been open to moving forward Josh Smith though they’ve resisted offers so far. Apparently the Hawks balked at a potential deal with the ***** for Pau Gasol because L.A. wanted another major piece to go along with Smith. That would leave the Hawks with less than six players under contract, less talent, and no short-term cap relief because of the $38 million and two years remaining on Gasol’s contract. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Ken Berger: Atlanta has spoken with about 20 teams and is in at least a half dozen active discussions, source says. Nets/Joe Johnson one of many. Twitter

Before Ferry was hired, Smith told the Hawks he wants to be traded to a franchise he considers to be more committed to winning a championship. There’s been no indication that Smith has changed his mind after Ferry’s hire, which does nothing to placate Smith’s desire to also play in what he believes to be a better sports market. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Look man, KOC, Danny Ferry, we gotta do business. Come on, it's too sweet!! Josh wants to go, Al is a good scoring Center to put alongside Horford......salaries are close......come on!!!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Here's the thing, the team as it is now is a 50 win team. No kidding.

PG: Williams, Watson, Tinsley
SG: Harris, Burks, Murphy
SF: Hayward, Carrol
PF: Millsap, Favors, Evans
C: Jefferson, Kanter

If Williams and Harris play almost all of the PG minutes (Jazz need to dump watson or tinsley) and spend some time at SG, Millsap plays some meaningfull minutes at SF, Hayward, Burks, Kanter, and Favors make even just a little improvement on their performance form last year, and that my friends is a likely 50 win team.

Add a guy like Green to play SF and that is definately a 50+ win team.

Here's how I'd hope the minutes would break down as it stands now...

PG: Williams (30), Harris (15), Tinsley/Watson (3)
SG: Burks (25), Harris (14), Hayward (9)
SF: Hayward (25), Millsap (10), Carrol (13)
PF: Millsap (22), Favors (26)
C: Jefferson (33), Kanter (10), Favors (5)

I'm putting it out there right now, 50 wins.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
The Hawks have been open to moving forward Josh Smith though they’ve resisted offers so far. Apparently the Hawks balked at a potential deal with the ***** for Pau Gasol because L.A. wanted another major piece to go along with Smith. That would leave the Hawks with less than six players under contract, less talent, and no short-term cap relief because of the $38 million and two years remaining on Gasol’s contract. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Ken Berger: Atlanta has spoken with about 20 teams and is in at least a half dozen active discussions, source says. Nets/Joe Johnson one of many. Twitter

Before Ferry was hired, Smith told the Hawks he wants to be traded to a franchise he considers to be more committed to winning a championship. There’s been no indication that Smith has changed his mind after Ferry’s hire, which does nothing to placate Smith’s desire to also play in what he believes to be a better sports market. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Look man, KOC, Danny Ferry, we gotta do business. Come on, it's too sweet!! Josh wants to go, Al is a good scoring Center to put alongside Horford......salaries are close......come on!!!

I dont want josh smiths attitude in the locker room.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:31 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

PG: Williams, Watson, Tinsley
SG: Harris, Burks, Murphy
SF: Hayward, Carrol
PF: Millsap, Favors, Evans
C: Jefferson, Kanter

Add a guy like Green to play SF and that is definately a 50+ win team.

Ok, deal done. Dump Watson, Bell; just go for Green, overpay if necessary, kid worths it and I just can't imagine a better fit...

Then, IMHO, you have a starting lineup of Williams, Harris, Green, Millsap, Favors and a second line of Tinsley, Burks, Hayward, Jefferson, Kanter, and you've still got Carroll, Evans, Murphy...
Hey... a good shooter or an hyperathletic dunker would be your worst playing asset; that would be a good team... and you still would have Harris, Millsap, Jefferson's expirings to explore midseason tardeline...

Last edited by outerspacefan on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:33 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
According to a recent Trib article, the Jazz are not expecting to be a major player in this years FA market, but expect next summer to be a blockbuster summer since there will only be four players (Kanter, Favors, Heyward, Burks) under contract. Right now they have 62 million in contracts ($70 mil is the luxury tax).

Is danny green a product of the SA system? Im very hesitant about him. Im open to doing a small minor deal with another wing, but im not sure if green is the right guy.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:36 pm

therawns wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Is danny green a product of the SA system? Im very hesitant about him. Im open to doing a small minor deal with another wing, but im not sure if green is the right guy.

Green is the right guy. Call me crazy, but I prefer him over Hayward. Great attitude, toughness, shooting skills, good vision, good defender. Put some right coachin' on him and you probably have a beast wing in your hands.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
therawns wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Green is the right guy. Call me crazy, but I prefer him over Hayward. Great attitude, toughness, shooting skills, good vision, good defender. Put some right coachin' on him and you probably have a beast wing in your hands.

Green had some descent coaching in SA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? Empty

Back to top Go down

So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next