Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?

Go down 
+10
dongibby
Romoholic
outerspacefan
TheMagnus
zero24gravity
therawns
rorybreaker
Mutangclan
Tarakaan
Trollificus
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:21 pm

therawns wrote:
hmmm... interesting thought. The Jazz have not exercised the team option on carroll yet. Are the Jazz holding out an another player they really like? Say, Ronnie Brewer who was released by Chicago? Obviously he is not a shooter, and never will be. However, he could take Carroll's spot. The problem is how do they divide the minutes? However, they would have one of the best benches. Can you imagine watson/tinsley burks brewer, Millsap/Favors, Kanter?

Most 6th men it seems like are wing players. Brewer's strength is defense. He could be the defensive stopper of the 2nd unit. Again, how do you divide the minutes if you bring him, is a question, but man, think about that bench.

I like your stuff Rawns, but for me no no no, no way. Carroll cheaper and IMO he is actually better than Ronnie Brewer. Better shooter, better hustle, and actually better defense. Always kind of thought Ronnie's D was overrated.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Jazz Dog wrote:
I was going to make the same statement MU. I want Hayward as my off guard and bring Burks off the bench to anchor the 2nd team unit with Milsap. I believe Marv Williams will start at the small forward with the roster we have right now. I have stated before but Marv Williams is a huge upgrade over Miles and Howard at the three. With the pressure off because of his draft position I think he surprises everyone and Altanta has egg on their face again.

Williams
Hayward
Williams
Favors
Jefferson

will be tough starting five and add Burks, Milsap, Kanter, Watson, Tinsley, Carroll and Evans off the bench and that is a better team than last year.

Yeeeeaauh DAWG! Could have written this myself. Marv is going to have a good season. And I like that starting 5 alot. I think it's the most balanced offensively, and is very good defensively. And selfishly like Paul coming off the bench and dominating with second units. With Paul and Burks, thats serious coming at you all up in your face ball, and teams wont like it.

Marv....what a huge huge upgrade over freaking CJ and Howard. Awesome:

David Locke
Jazz may have just gotten a ton better - Let's play with numbers for a moment. Josh Howard and CJ Miles both averaged using 10 possession a game. (UGHH) CJ averaged .88 pts per possession and Howard averaged .81 pts per possession. Marvin Williams also used 10 possessions a game and averaged 1.01 pts per possession. Just on those 10 possessions Jazz become 1.6 pts per game better - that is equal to about 4.2 wins in a season. Now if CJ and Josh both played on the same day ....
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:19 pm

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/7/31/3204962/the-questions-of-randy-foye#storyjump

This is at first a take on the Foye signing. I was surprised at what I read. Then again, dont really care because you can feel the rumbling, Burks is coming.

Second, and try to read all the way through, its about the state of the Utah Jazz and the plans for 2013.....CRAZY.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

This is at first a take on the Foye signing. I was surprised at what I read. Then again, dont really care because you can feel the rumbling, Burks is coming.

Second, and try to read all the way through, its about the state of the Utah Jazz and the plans for 2013.....CRAZY.

Hmmm...I...ummm...hmmm...

Well, it seems...ah....hmmm...

Maybe....no, no,...it's ...ummm...

I don't know what to say. It SEEMS to make sense, but it's also something that reeks of the kind of stupidity O'Connor hasn't been known for. The kind that leads teams to announce "We're so glad we cleared cap room and dumped good players to make a run at this free agent market." and "Now presenting our new max contract superstar...CARLOS BOOZER!!"

O'Connor may not be perfect. He may even have been stupid at some point. But not that kind of stupid. Sure, that may be what those moves look like...but I bet that isn't what happens.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:26 pm

What a bunch of horseshit. Honestly one of the worst things I have read in a while. The fact that is actually talking about the Jazz trying to save money to take a run at Paul and Howard tell you all you need to know about this guys thinking.

IF they were going that route it would all but say the are already giving up on Hayward, Favors, Kanter and Burkes. There is no way to pay those guys if you have two max contracts on the books. The Jazz CAN"T have those kind of salaries.. It just doesn't work for a team with the limited financial means the Jazz have.

He has no idea what plans KOC has and is just pulling stuff out of his ass. KOC isn't a stupid man and knows he can't try to run the Jazz like they are the ***** or any other large market team.

Last edited by Romoholic on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Romoholic wrote:
What a bunch of horseshit. Honestly one of the worst things I have read in a while. The fact that is actually talking about the Jazz trying to save money to take a run at Paul and Howard tell you all you need to know about this guys thinking.

IF they were going that route it would all but say the are already giving up on Hayward, Favors, Favors and Burkes. There is no way to pay those guys if you have two max contracts on the books. The Jazz CAN"T have those kind of salaries.. It just doesn't work for a team with the limited financial means the Jazz have.

He has no idea what plans KOC has and is just pulling stuff out of his ass. KOC isn't a stupid man and knows he can't try to run the Jazz like they are the ***** or any other large market team.

I agree this guy don't have a any way of knowing what O'Conner is going to do him and the Jazz don't let anything get out about what they want to do and this is only a guess from this guy and a very bad one at that.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Trollificus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Hmmm...I...ummm...hmmm...

Well, it seems...ah....hmmm...

Maybe....no, no,...it's ...ummm...

I don't know what to say. It SEEMS to make sense, but it's also something that reeks of the kind of stupidity O'Connor hasn't been known for. The kind that leads teams to announce "We're so glad we cleared cap room and dumped good players to make a run at this free agent market." and "Now presenting our new max contract superstar...CARLOS BOOZER!!"

O'Connor may not be perfect. He may even have been stupid at some point. But not that kind of stupid. Sure, that may be what those moves look like...but I bet that isn't what happens.

I think we all forget how close the Dwill/Okur/Boozer trio was to beating the *****. The first year the Jazz lost to the *****, 2 of the games came down to the final minute. Somehow, Phil Jackson worked his Magic and pulled out every close game. Let's look at some big splashes the Jazz could make.

Steph Curry- Probably not. GS will keep him no matter what offer probably, and his ankles are made of glass. I see him very similar to Eric Gordon type of situation.

Ty Lawson- Okay, I will admit, I have a man-crush on him. Probably my favorite PG. So efficient, and smart. Might be the fastest player in the league. Imagine Lawson leading a break, with Favors barreling down the middle ahead of his man.

Iggy has a player option for 15 mil. No way he opts out. However, if Philly falls off, they might look to rebuild. It would not take much to get him considering Philly would be looking to save money.

James Harden- Okay, I am probably dreaming here, but OMG. If they got Harden, well we all know how good he is.

These are just a few of the players I can see them going after, after this year.
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

PostSubject: Different take   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:29 am

dongibby wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

IF they were going that route it would all but say the are already giving up on Hayward, Favors, Favors and Burkes. There is no way to pay those guys if you have two max contracts on the books. The Jazz CAN"T have those kind of salaries.. It just doesn't work for a team with the limited financial means the Jazz have.

I agree this guy don't have a any way of knowing what O'Conner is going to do him and the Jazz don't let anything get out about what they want to do and this is only a guess from this guy and a very bad one at that.

I actually have a slightly different take on this article, though Dongibby alluded to it when he said, "this guy don't have any way of knowing what o'Conner is going to do". The writer of this article, who I think we all question, was able to provide three options of things KOC has the Jazz positioned to do.

KOC says he constantly listens to offers and pursues possiblilties. So, he puts his team in position to be able to sign the top two FA players, something unlikely to happen, but not impossible, while ensuring he has the money, if lightning doesn't strike, to resign all the good young talent he's assembled, and still have room to sign a couple of other solid pieces, or any number of other options this article's author hasn't even considered. Then, KOC is able to sit back, listen to and consider every offer extended to him knowing he's in position to fully explore and take advantage of or decline any of them. Looked at from this angle, IMO this sounds like KOC at his best.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:42 am

A good article on why to be excited about the Jazz this year. A few tidbits that yours truly, Mutang, pointed out earlier about Marv finally being on the correct team and will be utilized to the fullest, and also having all these good 3pt shooters to help out bigs and everywhere else......

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/8/7/3226588/top-10-reasons-to-be-excited-about-the-2012-13-utah-jazz
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Man, what a boring off season! geek
Are Bell and Watson STILL in Utah? What the heck is O'Connor doing? clown

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:05 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Man, what a boring off season! geek
Are Bell and Watson STILL in Utah? What the heck is O'Connor doing? clown

Come on man, CJ Miles is finally gone, it's time to celebrate!!! (sorry Richard)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/c-j-miles-wants-join-lakers-um-no-221300357--nba.html
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

** Actually just thought of the perfect move: Jameer Nelson opted out, the Magic need a starting PG. I think the money is close.....Devin Harris to Orlando for Ryan Anderson the 3 pt bombing PF. We get 3's, shore up the PG position and add another big.

This team is going to be good either way. I'm effing ready!

Damn, so close! I think that was Zero and I discussing Ryan Anderson.....argh.

http://sulia.com/channel/utah-jazz/f/db8fb3c5-0e8a-4eaf-9fd7-20ee365f7d40/?source=twitter
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

** Actually just thought of the perfect move: Jameer Nelson opted out, the Magic need a starting PG. I think the money is close.....Devin Harris to Orlando for Ryan Anderson the 3 pt bombing PF. We get 3's, shore up the PG position and add another big.

http://sulia.com/channel/utah-jazz/f/db8fb3c5-0e8a-4eaf-9fd7-20ee365f7d40/?source=twitter

Would have been a good addition. If it was a Harris/Anderson trade then I'm not sure which I would have rather had.... Marv or Ryan.

Marvin does have more flexibilty in positions he can play, which helps since the team needed a SF-type. Maybe it's for the better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:18 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Would have been a good addition. If it was a Harris/Anderson trade then I'm not sure which I would have rather had.... Marv or Ryan.

Marvin does have more flexibilty in positions he can play, which helps since the team needed a SF-type. Maybe it's for the better.

Yea I actually agree on getting Marv vs Ryan. Cheaper, better scorer, much better defender. Could have used the big body and shooting. But then again, there's a good chance Ryan Anderson isn't as good without the most dominant Center in the game on his team, and we already know that Marv is either going to be better or the same.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I'm very happy with Marv! I'm predicting he has career highs in most categories this season.

Yea I actually agree on getting Marv vs Ryan. Cheaper, better scorer, much better defender. Could have used the big body and shooting. But then again, there's a good chance Ryan Anderson isn't as good without the most dominant Center in the game on his team, and we already know that Marv is either going to be better or the same.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:18 pm

[quote="Mutangclan"][quote="zero24gravity"]
Mutangclan wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I am not so sure that Williams is a better scorer than Anderson with the Magic last season he scored more than Marv at .432% for 10.16 ppg , Ryan shot at 439% for 16.07 ppg I think Anderson was a little better at scoring. As to if Anderson can play with out Howard I think he played pretty well after Howard went down for the season and showed IMO that he is a NBA quliber player, not so sure that Williams won't turnout to be the better player for the Jazz but either way I think the team would have gotten better.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:00 pm

dongibby wrote:

I am not so sure that Williams is a better scorer than Anderson with the Magic last season he scored more than Marv at .432% for 10.16 ppg , Ryan shot at 439% for 16.07 ppg I think Anderson was a little better at scoring. As to if Anderson can play with out Howard I think he played pretty well after Howard went down for the season and showed IMO that he is a NBA quliber player, not so sure that Williams won't turnout to be the better player for the Jazz but either way I think the team would have gotten better.

Solid points Don. I definitely think Marvin is a better defender, but Anderson is an offensive machine, not only hitting threes in bunches but getting offensive rebounds at a high rate. The Hornets got a good deal for him, he's not making much more than Marvin is at 8-9 Mil a year. I'd bet the Jazz made a similar offer, but either the Hornets threw in Gustavo so they got the sign-n-trade deal from Orlando or Anderson decided he'd rather play in the Big Easy.

Andersons weaknesses are fairly glaring though, he's not a great defender, and he's a terrible defensive rebounder. That may be a product of playing with the best defensive rebounder in the NBA, but when Glen "Big Baby" Davis is out rebounding him on the defensive glass by a sizeable margin you have to wonder.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:49 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223122/Dumars_Looking_To_Bolster_Pistons_Backcourt

Joe Dumars is looking to solidify his backcourt with his PG of the now and future Brandon Knight, to go along with the masquerading Stuckey as a PG/SG hybrid. Seems a vet like Earl Watson would be a good pick up for him. Wonder if they have anyone of interest to Utah? With Foye playing a bunch of back up PG, we really only need Tinsley....hmmmm Jerebko? Would love to have him, he mostly a PF. I'd take Austin Daye for Earl. Kid has crazy talent, just is one of those that can't seem to put it together outside of Summer League. He's 6'10 or so, blocks shots, but also strokes 3's. Can play anywere from SG all the way to C, and is very young still. Yea, I'd do that.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 2:03 pm

The one thing the Jazz needs is a young up and coming PG and a guy that I would like to see the Jazz make a play for is Josh Selby the guy will be like the last guy off of the Grizzlies bench this season and with the way he played in the summer league it is pretty clear he is a very good player and could very well be the PG the Jazz are looking for to be their future at that position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4