Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?

Go down 
+10
dongibby
Romoholic
outerspacefan
TheMagnus
zero24gravity
therawns
rorybreaker
Mutangclan
Tarakaan
Trollificus
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:45 am

Time to:
- find a nice place for Bell and Watson; no need to "get rid" of them, I wish them well
- take a flyer on a young undrafted PG
- continue to explore trade value for Millsap/Jefferson, but start with them on board if nothing really good is at hand (sooner or later some teams will be desperate for expirings...)
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:05 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Time to:
- find a nice place for Bell and Watson; no need to "get rid" of them, I wish them well
- take a flyer on a young undrafted PG
- continue to explore trade value for Millsap/Jefferson, but start with them on board if nothing really good is at hand (sooner or later some teams will be desperate for expirings...)

I agree Bell and Watson are expendable along with the rights to Tomic if the Jazz could find takers for these guys and it nets them a young PG or a shooting wing that would be the way to go, both of them where talking crap at the end of last season and the Jazz don't need those kind of players around these young guys. Tomic is not going to come to the Jazz that's pretty clear so the Jazz should try to use his rights while they can and get something out of him before it is too late to do anything with him.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
rorybreaker wrote:
I hope the finishing touches on the roster will be get rid of Bell and resign Evans. I scared of what else might happen.

This is all I keep reading, all over:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/more-change-coming-for-utah-jazz

KOC not done, probably something bigger coming.

And as for me, turning Devin into MO/Marv, great deals.

All I ask is that Evans and Carroll are on the team, Watson and Tinsley are as much as you could ask for unless there is a young PG that falls from the sky (or Europe) no Machado.
I have no problem with Mo but I'm sure by March people will be calling for Burks to get more time and that Carroll is out playing Marvin. As for any more moves I still think Millsap makes the most sense to move and then it has to be for a big, taking Marvin shuts down any possibility of getting a guy like Danny Green or any other SF/SG.
If KOC can pull a Illyasova out of his hat for Millsap and a draft pick I will send those flowers and chocolates.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
rorybreaker wrote:
I hope the finishing touches on the roster will be get rid of Bell and resign Evans. I scared of what else might happen.

O'Connor was on 700 this afternoon and while he was his usual circumspect self (with the excuse of the league ruling 'no trades till 07/10'), he clearly insisted "we're going to continue to try and improve the team" giving a real impression that yes, there is more change in the works. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Trollificus wrote:

O'Connor was on 700 this afternoon and while he was his usual circumspect self (with the excuse of the league ruling 'no trades till 07/10'), he clearly insisted "we're going to continue to try and improve the team" giving a real impression that yes, there is more change in the works. What a Face

I still can't believe it. That KOC is doing all this, blowing my mind, all these moves, strengthening the team.

Rory, I agree with alot of what you say, hah. I could see me calling for DC to get the minutes over Marv; god knows I did it this past year, love me some DC! Then again, still thinking this is the best thing for Marv, and he might very well have a career year. Burks is going to be our 7th man minimum and will get minutes. Going to be tough for Ty this year, dishing out mins....

As for PG's, I dont know how some of you can say that Watson or Tinsley should go. Last year we NEEDED something from our backups because Devin wasn't reliable. We now have a reliable sturdy awesome PG (IMO Smile and so with those vets behind him, our PG spot is off the hook talented. We'll have no drop off in play, with either Earls tenacious hounding/defense and running the second units, or Tinsleys control and playmaking. We're good man, and not getting any other PGs this offseason.

Lemme see though:

PG: Mo/Watson/Tinsley
SG: Hayward/Burks
SF: Marvin/DC/Murphy
PF: Derrick/Paul/Jeremy
C: Al/UnderKanter

So thats 13 players, we're definitely adding one more even though we technically still have Raja. Mainly because of this MLE still, Danny Green maybe I'm not sure. I dont know if it makes sense, but man, Houston pulled the offer to Courtney Lee and I think he could be our perfect starting wing with Gordo. Defense and 3's, I love him. I think he can be had for 5m per. I hope we make offers for him, even though we just got Marv. Then again, would also like to see a big trade so we have 5 hardcore starters and a good bench, verses 8 somewhat quality starters. I think Courtney Lee is a stud and fits perfectly though...
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

I still can't believe it. That KOC is doing all this, blowing my mind, all these moves, strengthening the team.

Rory, I agree with alot of what you say, hah. I could see me calling for DC to get the minutes over Marv; god knows I did it this past year, love me some DC! Then again, still thinking this is the best thing for Marv, and he might very well have a career year. Burks is going to be our 7th man minimum and will get minutes. Going to be tough for Ty this year, dishing out mins....

As for PG's, I dont know how some of you can say that Watson or Tinsley should go. Last year we NEEDED something from our backups because Devin wasn't reliable. We now have a reliable sturdy awesome PG (IMO Smile and so with those vets behind him, our PG spot is off the hook talented. We'll have no drop off in play, with either Earls tenacious hounding/defense and running the second units, or Tinsleys control and playmaking. We're good man, and not getting any other PGs this offseason.

Lemme see though:

PG: Mo/Watson/Tinsley
SG: Hayward/Burks
SF: Marvin/DC/Murphy
PF: Derrick/Paul/Jeremy
C: Al/UnderKanter

So thats 13 players, we're definitely adding one more even though we technically still have Raja. Mainly because of this MLE still, Danny Green maybe I'm not sure. I dont know if it makes sense, but man, Houston pulled the offer to Courtney Lee and I think he could be our perfect starting wing with Gordo. Defense and 3's, I love him. I think he can be had for 5m per. I hope we make offers for him, even though we just got Marv. Then again, would also like to see a big trade so we have 5 hardcore starters and a good bench, verses 8 somewhat quality starters. I think Courtney Lee is a stud and fits perfectly though...
I look at that roster and think it is a good bunch, from here on in I hope KOC waits for the home run and not go for like you said "somewhat quality" starters.
I really hope Evans and Carroll get a chance to prove themselves, I'd love to see Damare committ to be the best shut down defender in the league, pass up a little on the offensive end if needed, but be that guy that can come in and drive MJ wannabe nuts or any other wing in the league. I also want to see Jeremy go from a freak athletic player to be a more refined guy that can be inserted at times for a certain need.
The design of a roster should be thought of like your bullpen in baseball and your different package defenses in football there is a need for your third PG, Tinsley was perfect for that role he knew enough to shut his mouth wait his turn and produce when he needed to and thats it. You should look for a third or forth SG/SF to be able to play both and be willing to watch and improve if young, or pass on information to a rookie, why this guy did this or what he did wrong when he was in the game.
There is an art to building a roster.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 pm

rorybreaker wrote:

I really hope Evans and Carroll get a chance to prove themselves, I'd love to see Damare committ to be the best shut down defender in the league, pass up a little on the offensive end if needed, but be that guy that can come in and drive MJ wannabe nuts or any other wing in the league. I also want to see Jeremy go from a freak athletic player to be a more refined guy that can be inserted at times for a certain need.

Yea man, I'm with you on DC. I loved what he added to the team, his fire and hustle was an awesome addition to that team, and helped us go on the run we did to get to the playoffs. Then Ty Corbin made one of his few mistakes, and blew it by starting Josh.
I love DC on this team, love everything about him. He probably wasn't to thrilled on Marv signing, but I'm sure it'll make him work harder. Love watching him play though; more athletic Harpring, heh.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:30 am

Wonder what it would take to pry Patty Mills away from San Antonio?
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:58 am

TheMagnus wrote:

Money? Wink
Great choice.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:17 am

outerspacefan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Money? Wink
Great choice.

I think he'd be well worth the MLE, 4 years/$20 Mil, which means he'd probably be worth that to the Spurs as well...
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:21 am

Mutangclan wrote:
rorybreaker wrote:

Maybe Murphy will turn out to be that wing scorer:

Notes from an interview Friday with Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin.

Corbin said Utah 2012 second-round draft pick Kevin Murphy is a "scorer." During the initial three days of Summer League camp this week near Orlando, Fla., Murphy immediately impressed with his ability to quickly get off shots and his understanding of how to play in a pro-style offense. The former Tennessee Tech guard is also longer and taller than Corbin thought he'd be.

Second-year Jazz players Alec Burks and Enes Kanter are in excellent shape, following recent appearances at P3, a high-performance training facility in Santa Barbara, Calif.

Corbin said Utah plans to keep all 16 players in camp on its Summer League roster. But the Jazz will primarily play athletes on their official roster during next week's games, which run from July 9-13 in Orlando.

Corbin will watch contests from the bench and stands but won't coach, relying on a rotating crew of assistants to run the team.

Corbin wouldn't comment about specific Jazz personnel changes because of the ongoing free agency moratorium period. However, he acknowledged Utah has already made a couple positive moves on paper and he likes the direction the Jazz are heading.

Corbin expects Utah's 2012-13 offense to mostly remain the same. But he expects to make some changes to the team's pick-and-roll defense, which was a liability throughout 2011-12. Alterations could be based off personnel changes, Corbin said.

Lastly, Corbin said it's an honor for the Jazz to have Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors practicing with the U.S. men's basketball team in Las Vegas.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:24 am

I'm guessing that the jazz team as presently constituted is what we will see start the season.
I look for Kanter to get big minutes in summer league and if he impresses....I think KOC may quietly look for deals for Jefferson or Millsap. However, if Kanter still has quite a way to go, then I think KOC will go with what they've got. Personally, I think we will see the latter.
I think Burks also gets heavy minutes. If he shows improvement, I think KOC is done shopping for now. If he disappoints, perhaps KOC will go after a serviceable veteran wing in free agency. But, I suspect Burks will show enough improvement and promise that KOC isn't gonna do a lot of tweaking from here until February.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 am

You know, if there ever was a chance for Iggy coming to Utah for Al or Paul, now may be better than ever. Utah is still looked at as having a logjam at the big position ( I dont agree) and Philly just amnestied their starting PF in Brand. The 76ers also continue to deny shopping Andre Iguodala, but supposedly have a logjam at SF with new draft pick they really like Mo Harkless, Thaddeus Young, Iguodala and now Dorell Wright. They just resigned Young, and just did a s/t with Wright, then love their rookie. Seems Iggy is the odd man out.....
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
You know, if there ever was a chance for Iggy coming to Utah for Al or Paul, now may be better than ever. Utah is still looked at as having a logjam at the big position ( I dont agree) and Philly just amnestied their starting PF in Brand. The 76ers also continue to deny shopping Andre Iguodala, but supposedly have a logjam at SF with new draft pick they really like Mo Harkless, Thaddeus Young, Iguodala and now Dorell Wright. They just resigned Young, and just did a s/t with Wright, then love their rookie. Seems Iggy is the odd man out.....

Man I just don't know about letting one of those two go right now that would leave them with 2 deep at the PF/C position Al and Paul, Kanter is not looking real good right now in the summer league so far and could be a year or so out from really being a player they can count on sorry to say. If they did trade for Iguodala they would have to find another big guy like maybe Kaman, I think he could be a anchor in the middle on the defensive end along with the ablity to rebound the ball at the end of games something the Jazz really struggled with last season. Iggy is a star player and would bring a lot to the Jazz and would no doubt make them a better team and take them up a few notches in the standing in the West.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

If there is still a move out there like an Iggy for Al or Paul then a good backup big that's still out there is Robin Lopez. Seems like he'd be affordable & give the Jazz size if they were to move one of their current starting big men.

If a trade isn't in the works, and the Jazz feel they need another wing then Lee & Mayo are great options.... if they can afford them.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:32 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
I'm guessing that the jazz team as presently constituted is what we will see start the season.
I look for Kanter to get big minutes in summer league and if he impresses....I think KOC may quietly look for deals for Jefferson or Millsap. However, if Kanter still has quite a way to go, then I think KOC will go with what they've got. Personally, I think we will see the latter.
I think Burks also gets heavy minutes. If he shows improvement, I think KOC is done shopping for now. If he disappoints, perhaps KOC will go after a serviceable veteran wing in free agency. But, I suspect Burks will show enough improvement and promise that KOC isn't gonna do a lot of tweaking from here until February.

Kanter really has not shown a lot so far in the two game they have played but Burks on the other hand had a 31 point game in the last one and look good, if he can keep it up he should be a shoe in for the starting 2 guard with Hayward the starting 3 SF I would think. I hope that Kanter can pick his game up and start to show some growth in the coming games they have to play in the summer league, he needs to play with a little more intensity in his game IMO.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

If there is still a move out there like an Iggy for Al or Paul then a good backup big that's still out there is Robin Lopez. Seems like he'd be affordable & give the Jazz size if they were to move one of their current starting big men.

If a trade isn't in the works, and the Jazz feel they need another wing then Lee & Mayo are great options.... if they can afford them.

I forgot about R Lopez they would have to give him an offer the Sun's would not want to match but YA I think he is the big body this team is needing and I think he would be happy getting any playing time so coming off of the bench he should be ok with, that would be one of the questions about adding Kaman he might want to start. Lee or Mayo would be alright by me both could be had by a sign and trade I think they are unrestricted free agents so they can be involved in sign and trade deals the Jazz could get them pretty cheap like draft picks maybe.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:43 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Yea, I think finding a 3rd string PF or Center is not that difficult. I still dont mind if it's Fes, but like Lopez there are others out there still. Or even a very good Center like Kaman. I dont know what Kanter is going to do this upcoming year, but Summer League aside, I'm sure Kanter doesn't regress. He'll show some improvement, just a matter of how much.

I'd love to get Lee, love it. But he's got a ton of offers already, and I believe all above the MLE. Mayo, no thanks. Overrated IMO, and not a good fit. I like Burks as better in the future, and almost already now. I think Burks is looking at a 6th man role too btw, as much as he wants to start. But I like him there.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Yea, I think finding a 3rd string PF or Center is not that difficult. I still dont mind if it's Fes, but like Lopez there are others out there still. Or even a very good Center like Kaman. I dont know what Kanter is going to do this upcoming year, but Summer League aside, I'm sure Kanter doesn't regress. He'll show some improvement, just a matter of how much.

I'd love to get Lee, love it. But he's got a ton of offers already, and I believe all above the MLE. Mayo, no thanks. Overrated IMO, and not a good fit. I like Burks as better in the future, and almost already now. I think Burks is looking at a 6th man role too btw, as much as he wants to start. But I like him there.

Well, if you would believe what O'Conner said about Hayward and Burks being the starters next season then I think I would have to lean that way as of now but things could change. I really think if Burks can show that he has improved enough to be a starting caliber player then he will get the job and I am very sure he is going to show just that the Kid looks very very good IMHO. If Lee or Mayo was on the team they would have to beat him out for the job and if he can play at the same level he did in this last game in a real NBA game they are going to have a fight on their hands I think the kid played well very impressive no doubt about it.

Kanter did score 10 and grab 8 rebounds in the last game I think but did not look like he was playing very hard to me let's hope he pick's it up a notch or two.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:40 pm

dongibby wrote:

Well, if you would believe what O'Conner said about Hayward and Burks being the starters next season then I think I would have to lean that way as of now but things could change. I really think if Burks can show that he has improved enough to be a starting caliber player then he will get the job and I am very sure he is going to show just that the Kid looks very very good IMHO. If Lee or Mayo was on the team they would have to beat him out for the job and if he can play at the same level he did in this last game in a real NBA game they are going to have a fight on their hands I think the kid played well very impressive no doubt about it.

Kanter did score 10 and grab 8 rebounds in the last game I think but did not look like he was playing very hard to me let's hope he pick's it up a notch or two.

Well if thats the case, that Hayward and Burks are starting, that also means either Paul or Al are gone, or Paul is going to be the 6th man this year. Both of those scenarios I'm looking at as LESS likely than Burks starting. Especially when Hayward has shown he's a better starting 2.
Back to top Go down
Jazz Dog
Rookie

PostSubject: Hayward at 2   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:55 pm

I was going to make the same statement MU. I want Hayward as my off guard and bring Burks off the bench to anchor the 2nd team unit with Milsap. I believe Marv Williams will start at the small forward with the roster we have right now. I have stated before but Marv Williams is a huge upgrade over Miles and Howard at the three. With the pressure off because of his draft position I think he surprises everyone and Altanta has egg on their face again.

Williams
Hayward
Williams
Favors
Jefferson

will be tough starting five and add Burks, Milsap, Kanter, Watson, Tinsley, Carroll and Evans off the bench and that is a better team than last year.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Jazz Dog wrote:
I was going to make the same statement MU. I want Hayward as my off guard and bring Burks off the bench to anchor the 2nd team unit with Milsap. I believe Marv Williams will start at the small forward with the roster we have right now. I have stated before but Marv Williams is a huge upgrade over Miles and Howard at the three. With the pressure off because of his draft position I think he surprises everyone and Altanta has egg on their face again.

Williams
Hayward
Williams
Favors
Jefferson

will be tough starting five and add Burks, Milsap, Kanter, Watson, Tinsley, Carroll and Evans off the bench and that is a better team than last year.

This is probably the best starting line-up IMO as well.

Millsap could come in early for Al, moving Favors to center. Or he could just come in for Favors, depending on how they are playing, match-ups, fouls, etc. I've always loved Sap as a killer bench player a little more than as a starter. Not that he's not good enough to be a solid starter, but having a Ginobili, Harden, calibur player come off the bench is a HUGE deal.

I'd be happy with either Burks or Hayward being the starting off-guard. Either way, the Jazz have a very talented player coming off the bench. Burks is a great "instant offense" type of player, and I love the way he attacks the basket.

The flexibilty of the Jazz is astounding. Marvin can play SF or PF, and might be the most effective offensively when he plays PF, leaving the middle open for Al to operate. Millsap can join Al & Favors to form the famous "big line-up". Hayward can play 2 or 3 positions, same with Burks.

I'm guessing there will be a lot of creative combonations put on the court together, especially in the beginning of the season. It'll probably be a dog fight for minutes as well. Practice could be very interesting. Back-up PG is up in the air, starters aren't set in stone. Who do the Jazz NOT play? If Evans shows the ability to knock down a J can he stay on the bench? How do they keep a hustle & heart player like Carroll off the floor? Do you make the #3 overall pick last year, Kanter, a 10-15MPG player? Can Murphy push his way into the rotation the way so many other 2nd rounders have for the Jazz? If so, who does he take minutes from?

It'll be interesting.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:23 pm

hmmm... interesting thought. The Jazz have not exercised the team option on carroll yet. Are the Jazz holding out an another player they really like? Say, Ronnie Brewer who was released by Chicago? Obviously he is not a shooter, and never will be. However, he could take Carroll's spot. The problem is how do they divide the minutes? However, they would have one of the best benches. Can you imagine watson/tinsley burks brewer, Millsap/Favors, Kanter?

Most 6th men it seems like are wing players. Brewer's strength is defense. He could be the defensive stopper of the 2nd unit. Again, how do you divide the minutes if you bring him, is a question, but man, think about that bench.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:30 pm

therawns wrote:
hmmm... interesting thought. The Jazz have not exercised the team option on carroll yet. Are the Jazz holding out an another player they really like? Say, Ronnie Brewer who was released by Chicago? Obviously he is not a shooter, and never will be. However, he could take Carroll's spot. The problem is how do they divide the minutes? However, they would have one of the best benches. Can you imagine watson/tinsley burks brewer, Millsap/Favors, Kanter?

Most 6th men it seems like are wing players. Brewer's strength is defense. He could be the defensive stopper of the 2nd unit. Again, how do you divide the minutes if you bring him, is a question, but man, think about that bench.

I thought they had exercised the option. Am I mistaken?
I heard something about Carroll I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:48 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
therawns wrote:

I thought they had exercised the option. Am I mistaken?
I heard something about Carroll I'm sure.

They haven't done it yet, but plan too. I think yesterday was the first day they could actually do it.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/54406663-62/jazz-tinsley-pick-utah.html.csp
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?   So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So...what finishing touches should KOC put on this roster?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next