Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Lakers Suck! Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lakers Suck!

Go down 
+2
zero24gravity
TheMagnus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:26 am

Alright, that's probably not true, and it is only pre-season so the game means absolutely nothing, but it always feels good utterly destroy the Lakers like the Jazz did last night.

Most impressive was what they did to the Lakers starters which, even though it was lacking Howard and Gasol, still had Nash, Bryant, WordPeace, and Jamison. The Jazz outscored that unit by 26 points last night, and the guys that did most of that damage where the second unit of Foye, Burks, Carroll, Favors, and Kanter.

The game was full of great box score lines, with the best beign held by MJ wannabe, but Favors 10 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk where he didn't miss a shot he wasn't fouled on in 22 minutes was especially impressive to me. Maybe some other people where thinking the same thing we were about him shooting jumpers, and told him, because he only attempted one last night.

Interesting stat of the day 1a) The Jazz are shooting 21-43 (49%) from the 3 point line in this pre-season.

Interesting stat of the day 1b) The Jazz made 9 3's in last nights game. The Jazz only had 2 games all of last season where they made 9 or more 3's, and those were in back to back games in April with one of them being a triple overtime win at Dallas. In other words, the Jazz played 63 games last season before they hit 9 threes in a game, this year it was 3.

Interesting stat of the day 1c) The Jazz averaged about 13 3pt attempts per game last season, that was good for 3rd fewest in the NBA, so far this season they are only averaging 11 3pt attempts per game.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 am

I think the good outsid shooting IS something that matters, even though it's only preseason. The hoop & ball are the same when the season begins, and knowing that, as a team, they are now becoming a more dangerous 3 point shooting team is very encouraging.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Crunchtime1
Starter

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:35 am

zero24gravity wrote:
I think the good outsid shooting IS something that matters, even though it's only preseason. The hoop & ball are the same when the season begins, and knowing that, as a team, they are now becoming a more dangerous 3 point shooting team is very encouraging.

Yep, the Jazz are becoming a more dangerous 3 point shooting team and that is great news. The bad news is that a 34 year old Jordan wannabe can still put up 23 points in one quarter on the Jazz, but hopefully it wasn't on Hayward.

Tonight's game is on NBA TV. I got it set to record.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:54 am

Crunchtime1 wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Yep, the Jazz are becoming a more dangerous 3 point shooting team and that is great news. The bad news is that a 34 year old Jordan wannabe can still put up 23 points in one quarter on the Jazz, but hopefully it wasn't on Hayward.

Tonight's game is on NBA TV. I got it set to record.

I saw a couple tweets that indicated MJ wannabe was going at Hayward pretty hard and schooling him. Overall in the two games MJ wannabe seemed determined to teach young Hayward some lessons and send a message, this was noted by several observers. Not sure what that is about, maybe just MJ wannabe being MJ wannabe.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:52 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

I saw a couple tweets that indicated MJ wannabe was going at Hayward pretty hard and schooling him. Overall in the two games MJ wannabe seemed determined to teach young Hayward some lessons and send a message, this was noted by several observers. Not sure what that is about, maybe just MJ wannabe being MJ wannabe.

Maybe it's some kind of insecurity on the part of Bryant. Having to prove he's still got it, despite his ageing body.

The good thing about MJ wannabe playing 1-on-1 ball is that, even though he "gets his", the rest of the team usualy suffers & the Lakers typically don't win. So even if he is beating up on Gordon, for whatever reason, often times that means that Jazz (like in the 2 preseason games) will win.

MJ wannabe can hero-ball all he wants as long as the Jazz win.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:46 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Maybe it's some kind of insecurity on the part of Bryant. Having to prove he's still got it, despite his ageing body.

The good thing about MJ wannabe playing 1-on-1 ball is that, even though he "gets his", the rest of the team usualy suffers & the Lakers typically don't win. So even if he is beating up on Gordon, for whatever reason, often times that means that Jazz (like in the 2 preseason games) will win.

MJ wannabe can hero-ball all he wants as long as the Jazz win.

It is pretty clear that Hayward is in MJ wannabe's head the Kid has to be doing something right or MJ wannabe would not be going at him so hard, fouling Hayward like he was showing him something but the Kid getting the basket and a free throw good stuff.

I like the way this team is pushing the ball up the floor after stop's with everyone running to get to the open basket pretty dam impressing IMO and they are showing they all can do it.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:12 pm

dongibby wrote:
It is pretty clear that Hayward is in MJ wannabe's head the Kid has to be doing something right or MJ wannabe would not be going at him so hard, fouling Hayward like he was showing him something but the Kid getting the basket and a free throw good stuff.

I like the way this team is pushing the ball up the floor after stop's with everyone running to get to the open basket pretty dam impressing IMO and they are showing they all can do it.

If the Jazz truely have the depth that we seem to all expect from them, then running should be a great asset. Young legs that can constantly be interchanged with little to no drop-off would be a huge advantage on offense as well as defense. Nobody should be too tired to put out 100% effort each play.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Its preseason! but i love the way we come out looking to punch someone in the mouth! This is gonna be a fun team to watch!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:54 pm

I love it when MJ wannabe decides to take the ball out of his teammates hands and plays like that. The lakers are very beatable when he does that. It was great to see the Jazz just destroy the Lakers even if it's only preseason. I'm really digging the new guys the Jazz picked up this season. We are a young team, we are a deep team and we are gonna win a lot of games this season.

On a side note, It was funny for a while, but I removed Kobe from the word censor. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Lakers Suck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lakers Suck!   Lakers Suck! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lakers Suck!
Page 1 of 1