Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz looking to move Burks? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz looking to move Burks?

Go down 
+7
T-Wick
TheMagnus
dongibby
MTJazz
i[m]M.V.P.
Romoholic
The Voice of Reason
11 posters
AuthorMessage
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

Jazz looking to move Burks? Empty
PostSubject: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm from a small town....around here, if ya haven't heard a good rumor by noon, ya better start one.

According to Sam Amico, nba columnist and "analyst" out of Cleveland, says that the jazz have made Alec Burks available....

Wonder if there is any truth to this, and if so why?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/tweets
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:58 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
I'm from a small town....around here, if ya haven't heard a good rumor by noon, ya better start one.

According to Sam Amico, nba columnist and "analyst" out of Cleveland, says that the jazz have made Alec Burks available....

Wonder if there is any truth to this, and if so why?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/tweets

I would be shocked if it were true.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:18 pm

I would be too.
Anyone heard of this guy? I haven't.
We know how tight lipped the jazz FO is....but that doesn't mean other teams don't talk.
Could there be more to the story why burks isn't getting more burn or is this guy just as bored as everyone else?
Back to top Go down
i[m]M.V.P.
Rookie
i[m]M.V.P.

PostSubject: True   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 am

The rumors are true. Burks' ego is effecting his playing. He's a very over-confident kid but hasn't shown anything that merits that cockiness in practice. Foye is simply outplaying him. Burks' outside shot isn't good nor is his defense. Also, he doesn't listen when he's on the court. Against a road team (I don't remember which) Burks was instructed to drive the ball but he settled for jumpers. I talked to my roommate who works with the Jazz and he said that GM Lindsey will make things happen quickly. The organization is not happy about the information leaking out.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:40 am

i[m]M.V.P. wrote:
The rumors are true. Burks' ego is effecting his playing. He's a very over-confident kid but hasn't shown anything that merits that cockiness in practice. Foye is simply outplaying him. Burks' outside shot isn't good nor is his defense. Also, he doesn't listen when he's on the court. Against a road team (I don't remember which) Burks was instructed to drive the ball but he settled for jumpers. I talked to my roommate who works with the Jazz and he said that GM Lindsey will make things happen quickly. The organization is not happy about the information leaking out.

If he is a problem in the locker room, then move his ass quickly. Corbin has his faults as a coach, but he has no problem letting the players know who the boss is and the Jazz front office backs him on it. Burks could really have a good career ahead of him if he doesn't screw it up. He needs to shut up and learn. Looks like it may be too late for him with the Jazz though.

I wonder how the info got out. Teams know if they let shit out about the Jazz, they won't be doing any deals with them in the future.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 am

I am more than surprised if the rumor actually has legs. For one thing, Burks is still raw material, could be a good player in this league and his trade value is going to be about nothing if he is being shopped as a bad attitude guy. I would be stunned if Burks agent/posse didn't give him a serious talking to about screwing up his entire career because of attittude on a team (Jazz) that give everyone a chance to improve and play. On the other hand, I guess if he really has gone sour, like Raja, maybe its time to cut ties. Still think this is a mistake for a kid this young who's "bad attitude" only recently showed up.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 pm

WOW hate to see anything like this going on with this kid because he has big time talent, I would hope that the Jazz and him can find a way to patch things up and get him some playing time on the court he really needs to play for him to get his game where it needs to be before he can become the player that most people think he can be.

If the Jazz do make a trade with him I would hope that they could find another young up and coming PG/SG that will grow with the rest of the young guns but I would rather see Burks playing for the Jazz at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Some solid points from everybody, but I'm still fairly suspicious of all of the connected dots.

I believe that the Jazz may have been open to trading Burks if somebody asked about him, or maybe as part of a deal involving other players, but I find it highly unlikely that the Jazz "put him on the market" or actively tried to shop him.

I believe that Burks attitude may be a concern right now, but I find it unlikely that whatever issues he is having would lead the Jazz to actively try and trade him. That jump from A to B just doesn't make sense to me at this point. Burks is still a very promising and very young player, it just doesn't make sense to me that they would actively shop him because of attitude concerns.

David Locke talked a bit in the pre-season about how fans notion of the "core 4" young guys was ill conceived. He didn't give any references, but the feeling I got from what he was saying was that in conversations he had with Jazz insiders he had gotten the feeling like they were not necessarily committed to that idea, that they would be open to moving one or more of the young guys, and he specifically called out the Burks/Foye situation, saying that Foye may actually be the long term answer for the Jazz and not Burks. It seemed a little odd to me that he would make such a big deal out of that in the pre-season, but as things are moving along now it becomes more and more prescient.

To me it makes a lot of sense to think that Burks and/or Kanter could be included in a deal for one of the Jazz expiring vet contracts if it brought back a starting quality player. I'm not saying that I want that, I just have a feeling like that is definitely on the table for Lindsey and KOC right now, the "core 4" is not a sacred concept to them.

Also wanted to give a shout out to vyraldi who stated a day or two ago that "Burks career with Utah is over" and I mocked him for sounding like skiier. If a deal actually does go through, I will firmly believe he is a fortune telling wizard.
Back to top Go down
T-Wick
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:07 pm

I just want whatever trade that are going to happen to happen already. I'm getting sick of watching this same vanilla play, and bitching about the same stuff aboutthe jazz game after game. We also need a coaching staff overhaul. We have a very very vanilla offense with terrible plays and execution. I mean Fu** Corbin can't even teach these guys how to set a pick or to come off a pick. I swear 95% of our picks on the ballhandler this year have been useless and very very very ineffective. I have never seen a team with such ineffective pick and we supposidly have the best group of bigs in the league??? That's on the coaching staff. The fact that the organization has put this much faith into Corbin posses me off. Saloan wouldn't stand allow 80% of what Corbin allows his players to get away with. Saloan wouldn't allow a series a 8 straight posessions where we took a terrible shot and put no effort into attempting to get a good shot. Corbin is WAY too much of a pussy to be a good wad coach. If you look at the league all the best coaches and the best teams ( other than Miami and OKC) have hard nosed coaches that really get on the players for doing something wrong and holding players accountable for their actions on and off the court. Not just beingthe nice players coach and trying to reason with them. Corbin has to learn that he is their boss, not their friend. He needs to start acting like it too.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Everybody knows Ty was the nice guy with the players while he was an assistant for Jerry (source: the players themselves stated it several times in recent years).

Have you noticed players that usually don't talk have already aired some little tiny tibdits about things? Millsap went as far as to say that Carroll earned minutes...come on... Paul Millsap talking about other player minutes? Rolling Eyes

Last season Bell, who all his career was a great professional, clashed badly with Ty, and even Harris said some little thing about coach "eventually finding wayt to adecquately communicate with players" (he actually use the term "eventually"), and Watson clearly manhahdled Corbin (in public, via media nothing less...); and now Burks completely out of rotation? and Favors still not playing his 30+ minutes? and players being unable to set the most simple basketball plays? Suspect

Something's not going well enough Shocked

All that fan nonsense said, have you noticed hat Burks' actually the only real 2 we have (outside of Bell of course scratch) and hes supposedly on the market? I think tha Jazz just hate real shooting guards. It has to be of course. What a Face
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:20 pm

outerspacefan wrote:

All that fan nonsense said, have you noticed hat Burks' actually the only real 2 we have (outside of Bell of course scratch) and hes supposedly on the market? I think tha Jazz just hate real shooting guards. It has to be of course. What a Face

I think you might be on to something, since Hornacek there hasn't really been one worth mentioning has there?

I think if Corbin decides to stick with starting the big 3 then that will fix the problem with Favors minutes. I think he's been trying, but as others have mentioned, he lacks creativity so using his standard substitution patters it is tough to get a bench player more than about 25 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Everybody knows Ty was the nice guy with the players while he was an assistant for Jerry (source: the players themselves stated it several times in recent years).

Have you noticed players that usually don't talk have already aired some little tiny tibdits about things? Millsap went as far as to say that Carroll earned minutes...come on... Paul Millsap talking about other player minutes? Rolling Eyes

Last season Bell, who all his career was a great professional, clashed badly with Ty, and even Harris said some little thing about coach "eventually finding wayt to adecquately communicate with players" (he actually use the term "eventually"), and Watson clearly manhahdled Corbin (in public, via media nothing less...); and now Burks completely out of rotation? and Favors still not playing his 30+ minutes? and players being unable to set the most simple basketball plays? Suspect

Something's not going well enough Shocked

Bell was just pissed, because he wanted to be a starter even though he clearly isn't a viable NBA player anymore.

I don't know what the deal with Burks is. This is the first time we are hearing any of this. The fact is if he had earned the minutes and gave the Jazz the best chance to win, he would be playing. Corbin hasn't done enough as a coach to lose games and still have a job security. He is trying to win games. IMHO.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:

I think you might be on to something, since Hornacek there hasn't really been one worth mentioning has there?

I think if Corbin decides to stick with starting the big 3 then that will fix the problem with Favors minutes. I think he's been trying, but as others have mentioned, he lacks creativity so using his standard substitution patters it is tough to get a bench player more than about 25 minutes.

Oh come on now. Cheaney? Starks? Almond? Come on now, how can you forget about Giricek? I just lost all my respect for you magnus. JKJK.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Some solid points from everybody, but I'm still fairly suspicious of all of the connected dots.

I believe that the Jazz may have been open to trading Burks if somebody asked about him, or maybe as part of a deal involving other players, but I find it highly unlikely that the Jazz "put him on the market" or actively tried to shop him.

I believe that Burks attitude may be a concern right now, but I find it unlikely that whatever issues he is having would lead the Jazz to actively try and trade him. That jump from A to B just doesn't make sense to me at this point. Burks is still a very promising and very young player, it just doesn't make sense to me that they would actively shop him because of attitude concerns.

David Locke talked a bit in the pre-season about how fans notion of the "core 4" young guys was ill conceived. He didn't give any references, but the feeling I got from what he was saying was that in conversations he had with Jazz insiders he had gotten the feeling like they were not necessarily committed to that idea, that they would be open to moving one or more of the young guys, and he specifically called out the Burks/Foye situation, saying that Foye may actually be the long term answer for the Jazz and not Burks. It seemed a little odd to me that he would make such a big deal out of that in the pre-season, but as things are moving along now it becomes more and more prescient.

To me it makes a lot of sense to think that Burks and/or Kanter could be included in a deal for one of the Jazz expiring vet contracts if it brought back a starting quality player. I'm not saying that I want that, I just have a feeling like that is definitely on the table for Lindsey and KOC right now, the "core 4" is not a sacred concept to them.

Also wanted to give a shout out to vyraldi who stated a day or two ago that "Burks career with Utah is over" and I mocked him for sounding like skiier. If a deal actually does go through, I will firmly believe he is a fortune telling wizard.

I don't know about Vyraldi being a wizard, but he may be right about Burkes! I was just on a Lakers/Houston site where everyone was talking about a Gasol for Millsap trade. They were saying a trade was in the works which involved Foye/Burkes and Millsap going to the Lakers. As I said in a different thread about the Millsap/Gasol trade, I don't think it would help either team too much. Are the Lakers looking at Burkes as a replacement for Kobe once he retires? (I don't think so.) None of the trades people are talking about seem to really add up for either side.

The Jazz don't seem to have a core to build around because our core seems to be on the trading block. I hope the Jazz make no trades, and, make it clear they are not going to make any trades-- and just focus on improving the play of our team. Our team is loaded with talent (IMO), and we just need to use it.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 8:18 am

Can't see how Gasol could come here with his large contract.
The Lakers are gelling with playing time. It'll be interesting to see if Nash throws things out of whack when he's back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz looking to move Burks?   Jazz looking to move Burks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz looking to move Burks?
Page 1 of 1