Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Burks a PG or a SG? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burks a PG or a SG?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Burks a PG or a SG? Empty
PostSubject: Burks a PG or a SG?   Burks a PG or a SG? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Interesting stats from a fellow Jazz fan...

http://www.slcdunk.com/2013/3/28/4157690/alec-burks-is-not-a-point-guard-revisited

Sure looks like Burks does fairly well as a score first PG to me, I think pairing him at PG with guys who can shoot and distribute like Foye and Hayward has worked very well.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

Burks a PG or a SG? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burks a PG or a SG?   Burks a PG or a SG? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:41 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Interesting stats from a fellow Jazz fan...

http://www.slcdunk.com/2013/3/28/4157690/alec-burks-is-not-a-point-guard-revisited

Sure looks like Burks does fairly well as a score first PG to me, I think pairing him at PG with guys who can shoot and distribute like Foye and Hayward has worked very well.

Did you mention "shoot and distribute" with Foye in the same sentence? That dude is my least favorite player on the squad right now. Put your stats engine on that guy and I predict you'll find he shoots the Jazz out of more games than he helps win, by a big margin.

As to Burks, I confess I thought he was awkward as hell at the PG in his first many showings particularly because while he could drive he couldn't finish at a decent percentage. But, he seems to be growing up before our eyes, looking now very respectable as a backup PG. We haven't seen his ceiling yet. He still has a long way to go to catch Gordo, our blossoming Point Swing Man.
Back to top Go down

Burks a PG or a SG?
Page 1 of 1