Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Toronto Game thread Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toronto Game thread

Go down 
+5
thejazzkickazz
MTJazz
Calgary Jazz
Richardale
TheMagnus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Toronto Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 7:33 pm

No Jefferson or Favors tonight. Kanter gets the start, Marvin likely to play some PF. So we get a head to head Kanter/JV battle, Jazz playing some small ball, Evans likely getting some extended minutes, I'm actually really interested to see how this goes....

Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:39 pm

better send that flop in to the league also! Not a charge on JE!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:40 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
No Jefferson or Favors tonight. Kanter gets the start, Marvin likely to play some PF. So we get a head to head Kanter/JV battle, Jazz playing some small ball, Evans likely getting some extended minutes, I'm actually really interested to see how this goes....

Enes looks pretty good JV in foul trouble out early.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Refs are very whistle happy both ways. I would like them to let both teams just play. Enough of that BS ticky tacky foul calling.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Refs are very whistle happy both ways. I would like them to let both teams just play. Enough of that BS ticky tacky foul calling.
Its like these refs are out to make a name and get as much air time as they can. swallow those whistles boys! And let em play ball.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Hell yeah, my main man Enes gets it done with real minutes. JV who? Hate to see him have to get minutes only because guys are hurt but I think he has been totally UNDERPLAYED all damn season.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Jazz way to good at home and Raps have not won on road. I look back and think i was stupid not picking jazz with bigger win but we were short handed?

Nice run Enes. WOW
Back to top Go down
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:32 pm

We've been told by some knucklehead that the Jazz should have drafted J. Valanciunas over E. Kanter for the past two years. Good lord, I wouldn't take JV over Jeremy Evans right now. Kanter totally and utterly dominates JV physically. THANK GOD AND SWEET BABY JESUS that the Jazz selected Kanter over Valanciunas. Kanter is better in every aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:51 pm

thejazzkickazz wrote:
We've been told by some knucklehead that the Jazz should have drafted J. Valanciunas over E. Kanter for the past two years. Good lord, I wouldn't take JV over Jeremy Evans right now. Kanter totally and utterly dominates JV physically. THANK GOD AND SWEET BABY JESUS that the Jazz selected Kanter over Valanciunas. Kanter is better in every aspect of the game.

Lol, not so fast. Obviously Kanter had better game today overall, but if you look at limited minutes they where matched up, he made only one bucket on that fast break at the end. All other times he could not score vs JV, missed three jumpers and fouled JV twice which led to 4FT made by JV.
Now please, do not make fool of yourself with "every aspect of the game". As I said before, JV is better FT shooter, better passer and better shot blocker - argue all you want but I have stats on my side. Kanter is better rebounder and better post up player.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:

Lol, not so fast. Obviously Kanter had better game today overall, but if you look at limited minutes they where matched up, he made only one bucket on that fast break at the end. All other times he could not score vs JV, missed three jumpers and fouled JV twice which led to 4FT made by JV.
Now please, do not make fool of yourself with "every aspect of the game". As I said before, JV is better FT shooter, better passer and better shot blocker - argue all you want but I have stats on my side. Kanter is better rebounder and better post up player.

Enes first start and for the better part looked pretty good. JV looked like he's still having a hard time staying on the floor and is playing on his heels. Both these guys are gonna be very good and i'm happy so far with the jazz taking EK 3rd, Hope we can find more time for him but i'm not like some people who thinks Al or Paul will be traded by deadline. I believe they'll both play out and only one will be coming back next year.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
JV is better FT shooter, better passer and better shot blocker ... Kanter is better rebounder and better post up player.

I agree with this.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:46 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Hell yeah, my main man Enes gets it done with real minutes. JV who? Hate to see him have to get minutes only because guys are hurt but I think he has been totally UNDERPLAYED all damn season.

That's tough, because who do you sit to play him? I mean Millsap has been up and down but he is definitely back up right now, Marvin Williams has been GREAT at PF when he's been asked to play it, Jefferson has been playing awesome lately, and Favors was also playing well before he got hurt. So I guess I have a hard time with the notion that he SHOULD be playing more even though I would also like to see him get more minutes.

These injuries provide a great opportunity though, nice to see him making the most of it.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 pm

But how about Demarre Carroll?

I could make a real strong argument that he has been the Jazz best wing so far this season, he just brings so much when he's out there, he's the perfect energy guy off the bench, I just love what he's doing right now.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:39 am

TheMagnus wrote:

I could make a real strong argument that he has been the Jazz best wing so far this season, he just brings so much when he's out there, he's the perfect energy guy off the bench, I just love what he's doing right now.

Agree, his defense, rebounding and hustle just kicked the Jazz into 6th gear when he came in the game. And few made 3's was just icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:50 am

TheMagnus wrote:

I want him on my team for sure. Dude has the ability to help change the flow of games.
Not a big fan of stats Rolling Eyes but his +/- has to be good.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:04 am

TheMagnus wrote:

I think the real question here is: Do we want to match the front loaded "toxic" offer he will get from Portland this summer? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Just saw this, I guess Calgary got some of the business in here too.

I said it in the pre-season and after the season last year, DC is the best addition to this team. And with scorers like Mo/Al/Paul and GH, you need a dog in there, hustle/heart/motor. He gets all those hustle points and extra turnovers. The fact he can hit the 3 too is cherry on top.
Marv to the bench coming off with Fav/Kanter would be a nice balance.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

I said it in the pre-season and after the season last year, DC is the best addition to this team. And with scorers like Mo/Al/Paul and GH, you need a dog in there, hustle/heart/motor. He gets all those hustle points and extra turnovers. The fact he can hit the 3 too is cherry on top.

I actually think that the rotation they have now is pretty good, once everybody is healthy, with hayward coming off the bench. It's basically the vets starting and the youngsters coming off the bench and, somewhat surprisingly, it works.

I also think it has the added benefit of strengthening the chemistry of the young guys and their ability to play together.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:01 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I actually think that the rotation they have now is pretty good, once everybody is healthy, with hayward coming off the bench. It's basically the vets starting and the youngsters coming off the bench and, somewhat surprisingly, it works.

I also think it has the added benefit of strengthening the chemistry of the young guys and their ability to play together.

So looking at the box score it looked like Kanter got the better of JV. Why did JV only play 19 minutes?
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Romoholic wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

So looking at the box score it looked like Kanter got the better of JV. Why did JV only play 19 minutes?

Foul trouble was the easy answer, but lately jv has been losing minutes to johnson and davis even when he isn't in foul trouble.

Seems to me he and kanter both have similar issues with Finding their confidence and rhythm, and I think that is typical of players their age. Kanter definitely had it going in this one, he was aggressive snd made some sweet moves in the post, while jv was ok defensively when he was out there his foils limited that effectiveness and overall was pretty much a non factor
Back to top Go down
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:

And, of course, FT shooting and passing are exactly what you look for when you draft a big man. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:49 pm

thejazzkickazz wrote:

And, of course, FT shooting and passing are exactly what you look for when you draft a big man. Rolling Eyes

I guess you do not care about shot blocking, length and wingspan either? All big men need in your world is rebounding and strength?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:23 pm

[quote="thejazzkickazz"]
Calgary Jazz wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:

I guess you do not care about shot blocking, length and wingspan either? All big men need in your world is rebounding and strength?

Wingspan. Mmmm, yeaaaaa, greeat. Oliver Miller had a great wingspan...mmmmm. Length yeeeeea. Thats important now that games have started huh Calgary? You know what matters?? That your great Jonas is a starting 7'0 center averaging 5 rebs a game. Thats pathetic. Kanter in like, what, 14mins per is averaging 4 himself.

You know what else matters? When the wonderful, amazing, gift from God himself JV finally gets a chance to go up against little ole Enes, who is just going to be in the D league soon, and off the Jazz, and was a TERRIBLE pick at 3, and JV can't even do anything against him? The vaunted glorious Valanciunus couldn't even perform against pathetic Enes Kanter ?????!!!! Hahahahaahahaaaaaaaaa.

Yea, but Kanter was a terrible pick. You're sooooo right.

I'm really sorry your Raptors and JV got smoked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Game thread   Toronto Game thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Toronto Game thread
Page 1 of 1