Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Who is the 4th best player in the league? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who is the 4th best player in the league?

Go down 
+4
Calgary Jazz
Saint Louis
TheMagnus
therawns
8 posters
AuthorMessage
therawns
Starter

Who is the 4th best player in the league? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:58 pm

To me, LeBron, KD, and CP3 are in their own league.

THere is a dropoff after that. Who is the 4th best in the league?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Solid question, but I actually disagree with including Paul with KD and Lebron. As far as I can tell those two are in a class entirely by themselves. They are the Magic and Bird of our time, two seminal once-in-a-generation talents that just just happened to share the same generation.

As for who comes next, this season (and this pains me to say), I'd have to go with Kobe. While everyone else on the Lakers is struggling he is quietly playing some of the best basketball of his career.

Then I'd put Chris Paul in 4th, but the two of them are pretty close right now, by the end of the season my opinion on who is 3rd could change.

After that you are right, the drop off is pretty steep, but one guy who deserves and honorable mention is Tim Duncan. Like Kobe, he is quietly turning in his best performance in years, the only reason I don't mention him with the others is that he's not playing the minutes the others are, and I don't think he could and still maintain his production.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

therawns wrote:
To me, LeBron, KD, and CP3 are in their own league.

THere is a dropoff after that. Who is the 4th best in the league?

Best player in the league is pretty difficult to determine. Every player's performance depends on the rest of their team. It's fairly easy to say LeBron is probably the best player in the league because he's had proven success with different teams (CLE, MIA, and USA Olympics). With Durant, it's a little harder, because he's younger and hasn't faced the extreme scrutiny LeBron has faced his entire career. With CP3 it's even harder because of injuries and the lack of his teams' success.

And, there are at least five clearly defined positions on each team-- so, it's hard to say whether a PG on one team is better than a SF on another team. I wouldn't agree, but, I think there's a good argument for saying Rondo is a better player than CP3!

Although he's not as atheletic as your top 3, I think Kevin Love might push his way into a top 3. Carmelo Anthony has even worked his way into MVP talk this year (although, I find that hard to believe). Kobe just broke the 30,000 pts. barrier-- it's hard to say Kobe isn't the best.

I guess I can't help you much with this question. I'm a fan of both apples and oranges. Sometimes I really would like an orange, and sometimes an apple is just what I want.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:26 am

Lebron and KD obviously are top 2. I would actually put Rajon Rondo at nr 3. Maybe a bit biased but to me he is the best PG in NBA by far now. Kobe is old, his best days are over.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:56 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Lebron and KD obviously are top 2. I would actually put Rajon Rondo at nr 3. Maybe a bit biased but to me he is the best PG in NBA by far now. Kobe is old, his best days are over.

Maybe somebody should tell Kobe that, because he really is playing some of the best ball of his career right now.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:28 am

stats wise you should take a look at stephen curry from GSW. thats right that kid is playing lights out! season he is 7th last 30 days 4th last 14 days 2 last 7 days 1st. Wow kid healthy and playing GSW into a top spot in playoffs this year. Damit!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

Maybe somebody should tell Kobe that, because he really is playing some of the best ball of his career right now.

Kobys meball aint working down in LA. not a top 5 if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:50 pm

Richardale wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

Kobys meball aint working down in LA. not a top 5 if you ask me.

Bah, I stand by my pick, but I can't defend Kobe anymore, it's making me feel all dirty inside.

Interesting to see how different people value different players though.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 pm

I just dont understand how you cant put CP3 in the top 5. Rondo? Curry? Come on now.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:18 pm

therawns wrote:
I just dont understand how you cant put CP3 in the top 5. Rondo? Curry? Come on now.

Paul is great but i think i'd take Rondo over paul by a hair. Curry is playing at a allstar level and has stats and wins on his side.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Richardale wrote:
therawns wrote:

Paul is great but i think i'd take Rondo over paul by a hair. Curry is playing at a allstar level and has stats and wins on his side.

Personally I don't like Rondo's attitude, He seems like a mini Garnett to me, but skill wise he is is probably the second best PG in the league.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:25 pm

KD and LeBron are the best.
Kobe is third.

After that....there are 2-3 that you could argue at the #4 slot.
Back to top Go down
B. Liberation
Rookie
B. Liberation

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:23 am

This is random but I'm gonna do it like this

1. Carmello Anthony
2. LeBron, Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Kevin Love
5. CP3
6. Kobe
7. Wade
8. Al Jefferson
9. Big V Anderson Varajeo eatin up the league.
10. Westbrook

I gotta through out my boy Z-Bo too because Memphis is on fire again.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 pm

B. Liberation wrote:

1. Carmello Anthony
2. LeBron, Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Kevin Love
5. CP3
6. Kobe
7. Wade
8. Al Jefferson
10. Westbrook

[deleted by moderator]
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Richardale wrote:
B. Liberation wrote:

1. Carmello Anthony
2. LeBron, Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Kevin Love
5. CP3
6. Kobe
7. Wade
8. Al Jefferson
10. Westbrook

You call them freedom fighters but...

Easy there Richard, this isn't the place for that.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:09 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
B. Liberation wrote:

1. Carmello Anthony
2. LeBron, Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Kevin Love
5. CP3
6. Kobe
7. Wade
8. Al Jefferson
10. Westbrook

You call them freedom fighters but...

Easy there Richard, this isn't the place for that.

Your right Mags. was ready to take down but you beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 pm

therawns wrote:

As I said in an earlier post, I don't think CP3 is a lock for number 3. And, it's really hard to say who is the best player overall-- let alone trying to figure out who is the best player at their position.

I can definitely see someone looking at this year's performances so far, and putting Rondo ahead of CP3 as "the best PG." CP3 is definitely a great player. And, as an overall candidate for "best player" Rondo has a lot of flaws. But, each player plays for their own team-- and, it's hard to say Rondo hasn't played better for the Celtics than CP3 has played for the Clips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the 4th best player in the league?   Who is the 4th best player in the league? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the 4th best player in the league?
Page 1 of 1