Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment

Go down 
+4
TheMagnus
aliveandkickin
Romoholic
Trollificus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment Empty
PostSubject: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 10:31 pm

So...do TWO old, skill-deficient, non-shooting backup PGs equal one starting PG??

The first 48 minutes, while not providing a data set sufficiently large as to be conclusive, are not encouraging:

48 minutes
FG: 0-5
FT: a perfect 0-0
PTS: 0
Reb: 5!
ASST: 7
TO: also 7. Ouch.
STL: 1 (one)
BLK: 0 (out of the team total of 2)
PF: 6

In order for the Jamearl Watsley hybrid beast to have overcome that offensive performance on the other end, they'd have had to hold their opposite number to something like -5 points, and that didn't happen.

On the bright side, hey! it can't get worse, amirite?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 am

Trollificus wrote:
So...do TWO old, skill-deficient, non-shooting backup PGs equal one starting PG??

The first 48 minutes, while not providing a data set sufficiently large as to be conclusive, are not encouraging:

48 minutes
FG: 0-5
FT: a perfect 0-0
PTS: 0
Reb: 5!
ASST: 7
TO: also 7. Ouch.
STL: 1 (one)
BLK: 0 (out of the team total of 2)
PF: 6

In order for the Jamearl Watsley hybrid beast to have overcome that offensive performance on the other end, they'd have had to hold their opposite number to something like -5 points, and that didn't happen.

On the bright side, hey! it can't get worse, amirite?

Lindsey and KOC better get their ass's on the phone and find us a PG like yesterday. If not, the Jazz will be too far behind to even sniff the playoffs by the time Mo gets back. The stupid part is, this isn't something that the shouldn't have forseen. Mo misses games with injury every freaking year.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 2:03 am

I need a dvr, missed the game while at work. Real surprised Tinsley didn't have a lot of assists... not too much (ok a little) about zero scoring between them... I mean, can't they just push the ball and get some open looks or pass it? I thought they could.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:30 am

aliveandkickin wrote:
I need a dvr, missed the game while at work. Real surprised Tinsley didn't have a lot of assists... not too much (ok a little) about zero scoring between them... I mean, can't they just push the ball and get some open looks or pass it? I thought they could.

You didn't miss much, in fact it was painfull to watch. It started with some of the worst officiating I have seen in a while, that was followed with some of the worst play from the Jazz I have seen in a while, and finally after a completely uninspired performance by the vets the only interesting basketball of the night starts right after Demarre Carroll (surprise surprise) hits the floor for the first time with less than 5 minutes in the game and the Jazz down 20.

Burks got good run, and he was pretty good, Al and Paul seemed to come ready to play, but Marvin, Randy, Jamaal, and Earl were just plain awful. Those 4 played a combined 91 minutes, shot 4 for 21, pulled down 8 rebounds, dished 9 assists, snatched 1 steal, and accounted for 9 of the Jazz 14 turnovers on the night. To get that kind of effort from your vets playing a home game after a long break is simply inexcuseable.

On top of that, the Warriors played a zone most of the night, and our two best shooters and two PG's, who should have had a heyday, completely crapped the bed.

That is what pissed me off so bad last night, those clowns played 91 MINUTES!!! I'm not a big Corbin critic, I think overall he's been ok, but if I was the GM I would have a few choice words for him after this one, because that was one of the worst coached games I have ever seen.

There was one bright spot in the game though, and it wasn't even a basketball play, but it was a great sequence...here's the play by play...

-Enes Kanter with the ball, goes up strong (as always), Landry swipes down at the ball, hitting him in the face and then the arm, then grabbing is wrist and pulling on it after the wistle has blown.

-Kanter doesn't like it so he swings an elbow and pushes Landry.

-Jarrett Jack steps up into Kanters face trying to be the tough guy...

-Favors immediately comes over, pushes Jack out of the way, and gets right up in his face.

-The two of them (Jack and Favors) are mobbed by players and coaches and separated.

I loved it, loved every second of it. Last night wasn't one of Favors better games, and I still think he has a lot to learn, but last night showed me that he is ready. He's ready to take ownership, he's ready to step up, he's ready to take on a starters role.

I gotta say, I've been firmly in the "wait and see" camp, not really wanting to see a trade unless the wheels fall off, but watching the vets half-ass it out there while these talented young guys are chomping at the bit to get out and play is really changing my mind fast.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 am

TheMagnus wrote:

-Enes Kanter with the ball, goes up strong (as always), Landry swipes down at the ball, hitting him in the face and then the arm, then grabbing is wrist and pulling on it after the wistle has blown.

-Favors immediately comes over, pushes Jack out of the way, and gets right up in his face.

-The two of them (Jack and Favors) are mobbed by players and coaches and separated.

I loved it, loved every second of it. Last night wasn't one of Favors better games, and I still think he has a lot to learn, but last night showed me that he is ready. He's ready to take ownership, he's ready to step up, he's ready to take on a starters role.

I gotta say, I've been firmly in the "wait and see" camp, not really wanting to see a trade unless the wheels fall off, but watching the vets half-ass it out there while these talented young guys are chomping at the bit to get out and play is really changing my mind fast.

Yea, same here, but dont leave Kanter out of that showing, as he didn't hesitate to push Landry out of there. Do we FINALLY have two tough guys when needed???? That'd be sweeeet to watch.
For some reason I can't wait to play Dallas again, and watch Dirk try something, just to watch Favors get some payback.
Back to top Go down
B. Liberation
Rookie
B. Liberation

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Yea, same here, but dont leave Kanter out of that showing, as he didn't hesitate to push Landry out of there. Do we FINALLY have two tough guys when needed???? That'd be sweeeet to watch.
For some reason I can't wait to play Dallas again, and watch Dirk try something, just to watch Favors get some payback.

Yeah! I loved that thuggin my own self. Kanter's a tough dude for a Turk too. He sets nasty screens and straight punks fools under the rim.

Back to the point tho. I don't give a rip if these two play combined 48 minutes for the rest of the season. This team need to drink the bad brew for a spell befo the ship get straightened out. Lose games an use them draft picks to wheel and deal Jefferson for a thug with a heart and street smarts.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: MAYAN CALENDAR PREDICTED WEDNESDAY'S DISASTER!!!   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Oops. Posted in wrong thread.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:36 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Al and Paul seemed to come ready to play, but Marvin, Randy, Jamaal, and Earl were just plain awful. Those 4 played a combined 91 minutes, shot 4 for 21, pulled down 8 rebounds, dished 9 assists, snatched 1 steal, and accounted for 9 of the Jazz 14 turnovers on the night. To get that kind of effort from your vets playing a home game after a long break is simply inexcuseable.

On top of that, the Warriors played a zone most of the night, and our two best shooters and two PG's, who should have had a heyday, completely crapped the bed.

That is what pissed me off so bad last night, those clowns played 91 MINUTES!!! I'm not a big Corbin critic, I think overall he's been ok, but if I was the GM I would have a few choice words for him after this one, because that was one of the worst coached games I have ever seen.

[edited for subject]

Dammit. That really hurts because every one of our off-season acquisitions, I had a "good" reason why they would get better:
Marvin would get out from under the crushing weight of being "The guy we took instead of Chris Paul" and become the sub-All Star all around good player he was expected to be coming out of college, Mo would magicall transform into a "real" PG instead of the "SG in a PG body" he's always been and Foye would be a good 3-pt guy who was also a decent player in other aspects of the game. And I thought we might be able to take Earl and Jamaal's hit points, exp, gold, attack modifiers and skill levels and like, add them together into a decent PG.

None of this has come to pass. Marvin disappears for huge stretches, Mo, as Denny Greene would say "IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!", and Foye, as several teams have concluded, is a 3pt guy who is NOT "a decent player in other aspects of the game."

I would feel really dumb, but these were all bets the Jazz FO took too, hoping to win half, maybe. All reasonable moves, taken separately and collectively, that just haven't panned out. If two of the moves work out, and The Kids improve a little, the Jazz would be 18-12 at least. If they ALL panned out and our young players improved dramatically from last year...well, my "Hysterical Overreaction" thread would have quite a different tone.

For a GM, there are a range of outcomes for any move you make. You have sex on a farm, sometimes you get the farmer's daughter, sometimes the old mare. Kevin O'Lindsey are looking at the hind end of some kind of farm animal 'bout now....
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 7:17 pm

That was both and insightful and damn funny, Troll. Really disappointing that all 3 rolls of the upgrade dice came up snake eyes. Not a single one of those guys so far has shown they are: 1) worth the money they are getting paid and 2) worth re-signing. Can someone say, "Josh Howard"? All of the sudden KOC doesn't look so smart anymore. And what the hell happened to Kevin Murphy, anyway? Surely he could be as effective as Foye?
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:36 pm

MTJazz wrote:
That was both and insightful and damn funny, Troll. Really disappointing that all 3 rolls of the upgrade dice came up snake eyes. Not a single one of those guys so far has shown they are: 1) worth the money they are getting paid and 2) worth re-signing. Can someone say, "Josh Howard"? All of the sudden KOC doesn't look so smart anymore. And what the hell happened to Kevin Murphy, anyway? Surely he could be as effective as Foye?
Where is the murph?
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:05 am

So of course Foye goes and blows up tonight JUST TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD. Grrr.....

Jefferson was heroic in the comeback, but
a) Marvin continues to pull the great disappearing act
b) We need a point guard-Big Trade for our "PG of the Future", medium trade for a small Mo upgrade or just a desperation move to stop the bleeding till Mo gets back...whatever!!
c) When Corbin's starting 5 continue to do nothing but dig holes for the "scrubs" to rally back from...when does something change??
d) When Kanter is effective (8pts, 5 boards, 2asst., 2 stl, and a block) and Favors plays poorly,(2-7, five fouls, 4 TOs, 0 blocks), why do the announcers rave about Favors' play? Is this like with Dwight Howard, where the great shoulders cause the announcers to get a tingling in their nethers and they go on and on about how he "should just DOMINATE the league"? (this quote was from the stupid talking heads on one of the afternoon sports talk stations-they just went on and on and on about how he was just so much greater than every other center in the league and I'm going "Based on WHAT? His bright smile? His broad shoulders? How gay IS this infatuation you stupid tools?") I'm starting to worry that this is a script that's written independent of reality, or real results. How in the hell is Kanter EVER going to earn PT if actual GOOD PLAY won't get it for him?

Anyway, it was nice to see the Jazz play with a little spirit, at least the so-called "second team", but it's still a loss.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:07 am

Who's Kevin Murphy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment   Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment Empty

Back to top Go down

Game 1 of the 1+1=0 Experiment
Page 1 of 1