Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns Empty
PostSubject: Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns   Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:23 am

Question: If the Lakers called today and offered Dwight Howard for Al Jefferson, straight up, would you take it?

I gotta be honest, I don't think I would.

Just a few months ago that could have sounded like the most insane homerish thing any fan could say, it wouldn't matter that he'd probably be a rental and just leave at the end of the year, or that he might hate Utah, he is (or rather was) Dwight freaking Howard, one of the top 3 players in the NBA and hands down the best big man on the planet.

But now...I mean wow, it's like every bad thing about Howard has been amplified (undermining teamates and coaches, acting aloof, failing to take ownership of problems) and nagging injuries have reduced him to a guy who could only be considered a top 5 CENTER if you completely ignore his performance this year.

Now that he's out again my greatest fear is that Pau Gasol starts playing like Pau Gasol again, starting with tomorrows game.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns   Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:57 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Question: If the Lakers called today and offered Dwight Howard for Al Jefferson, straight up, would you take it?

Just a few months ago that could have sounded like the most insane homerish thing any fan could say, it wouldn't matter that he'd probably be a rental and just leave at the end of the year, or that he might hate Utah, he is (or rather was) Dwight freaking Howard, one of the top 3 players in the NBA and hands down the best big man on the planet.

But now...I mean wow, it's like every bad thing about Howard has been amplified (undermining teamates and coaches, acting aloof, failing to take ownership of problems) and nagging injuries have reduced him to a guy who could only be considered a top 5 CENTER if you completely ignore his performance this year.

Now that he's out again my greatest fear is that Pau Gasol starts playing like Pau Gasol again, starting with tomorrows game.

Yes, Superman isn't looking so super now. And maybe this is unfair, but it looked like Howard was smiling a little bit too much earlier in the season even when his team was losing games. Al has his faults, but appearing to be happy when the Jazz are losing isn't one of them.

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns   Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

I don't know man, He never wanted to go to the lakers and I think thats one of the reasons for his bad play and the lakers struggles. To answer the question though, No I wouldn't want him on this team! He is a drama queen and a very selfish, immature guy. I used to really like him, but he is not the type of player I want. That's all we need is his attitude rubbing off on our core young guys.

Not to mention he isn't a spring chicken anymore and just came off back surgery. Remember how quickly Eaton went down hill with his back problems? Howard will never get back to the player he was in orlando. He can still be a good player, but would be a horrible fit for the Jazz or any team with mostly young guys looking to grow together.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns   Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Wait, isn't Favors the next coming of Dwight anyway?

I'm not thinking that is actualy true, but even if this trade did happen, a line-up that had Favors & Howard featured would be redundant & ineffective offensively IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns   Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Barring the unexpected, Favors will be at least 90 % the player he can be.
Howard will never be 70% the player he should be. Dude has ZERO and I mean ZERO baskebtall smarts. He'sone of those guys that thinks he's much more than he really is, so he just don't work in his game anymore. Similar to Deron Williams, he just stopped working hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns   Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns Empty

Back to top Go down

Dwight Howard and Diminishing Returns
Page 1 of 1