Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  SPURS v OKC predictions Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPURS v OKC predictions

Go down 
+5
Crunchtime1
aliveandkickin
Trollificus
The Voice of Reason
MTJazz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

SPURS v OKC predictions Empty
PostSubject: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:21 am

OK then, the worthless drama of the first two rounds out West confirmed what everyone knew already - Spurs and OKC are by far the head of the class. Both teams pretty much cruised to the WCF. Now the battle of the Old Guys and the Young Guns. I honestly think this one has the chance of going 7 games. And when it does, I predict Spurs, while not as grossly athletic as OKC I think the Spurs "system", now well-oiled, is going to give them an edge.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:17 am

Spurs in 6
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Yeah, I like the Spurs in 6, but I won't be surprised if it's 5.

The OKC defensive strength was perfect against the *****-Sefalosha and Harden against MJ wannabe (didn't stop him, but messed up the *****' offense when MJ wannabe spent 20 seconds of the shot clock working to get himself a hero-ball shot) and Ibaka/Collison on Gasol...that's just 48 minutes of excellent defense and of course it affected Pau's production.

Not that any ***** or ***** fan is allowed to even consider any of that. I sure haven't heard a word about it...better to ignore reality than violate the modern sporting code that equates respect for an opponent with 'weakness'.

But who's Ibaka going to guard? Ground-bound Dajuan Blair? Matt Bonner out at the 3-point line? Is Collison going to be more fundamentally sound than Tim Duncan? I think the Superoakie SGs are better suited to go mano-y-mano against MJ wannabe's one-on-one-fu than manu-y-manu chasing Ginobili around the maze of picks and screens the Spurs use.

But Durant/Westbrook/Harden will still score enough to win a couple. Maybe. Parker won't get himself in foul trouble trying to stop Westbrook, but the Spurs may try to make like tough for Harden and Durant. I forsee Westbrook have a 5-1 shots-to-assists ratio at least once (as he did in the LA series). And 25 or more shots at least twice.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:37 am

GOOD points how the Thunder matchup better against the *****. Although it seems the Spurs are hitting their stride- they haven't went against a team with three great scorers that have the Thunders positions. We know Parker will back off Westbrook to make him shoot the J. If Westbrook is hitting it, even at a 45% clip, then he's going to get to the basket at ease later in the game. Plus I like Westbrooks defense against Parker... and we know if Parker is slowed- then the machine is a bit rusty. Can a rookie guard Durrant? Can Manu hang with Hardin? I say no to both questions. Advantage Thunder in postions 1-3 imo.
Now, can Duncan exploit Ibaka? yes, imo, but not enough to average 25ppg. Perkins would get expoited by Duncan but he'll only play as long as he's pushing Duncan out of his comfort area. I see Perkins guarding Blair and Collison on Bonner...... Not to shabby matchups other than Duncan being better than Ibaka. Advantage Spurs- but only with Duncan.

Both teams are confident. Both teams know how to win. I'll concede the Spurs are more of a "team" in that they play to their strengths more often- and they have better players coming off the bench (but the starters matter more in a series). I just don't see Duncan making enough plays in a seven game series. I may just be ready for a changing of the guard in the West but I like the Thunder despite their one-on-one mentality on offense.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Spurs in six!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyFri May 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Spurs in 7.

I think this turns into an epic series and the Spurs will barely escape on their way to an easy victory in the finals.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm gonna say Spurs in 7. It will be the best series this season.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:39 pm

I'll say this more to be shocking than accurate, but I think it is very possible: SPURS IN 4 Exclamation

I wouldn't be surprised if OKC won the series. They've got a really good team. And, on any given night, they could beat the Spurs. But, barring injury, I think the Spurs will be the favorites in every game of this series. (Obviously, that would change as soon as OKC pulls off a win in any of the first three games.) OKC fans are great, and it's always going to be hard for any team to beat them at OKC. And OKC is an incredibly good team, so, it will also be hard for the Spurs to beat them in SA. However, the Spurs have the regular season edge against OKC, and they've done it without Ginobli.

OKC has two of the best players in the league with Westbrook and Durrant, and one of the best players off the bench with Harden. But, the Spurs have a more effective starting unit, and a more effective group of bench players. Not only do the Spurs have great swingmen starting, but, they have Ginobli and Captain Jack coming off the bench-- both would be starting swings on almost any NBA team. The Spurs have moved to starting Boris Diaw at Center, which creates problems for any team trying to defend them-- Boris Diaw used to be fantasy eligible (when he played for Phoenix) as anything from a PG to a Center. And Diaw can guard either Perkins, Ibaka, or Collison. And, the Spurs have Matt Bonner capable of guarding any of OKC's bigs while being one of the best 3pt shooters in the league. And, the Spurs have Blaire at center, who began the season as the starting center-- and Blaire is a good inside defender and also has a good offensive game near the rim. I really see this as a ten on five matchup in favor of the Spurs (barring injury). Foul trouble to either Parker or Duncan could really hurt the Spurs-- but, foul trouble to Westbrook, Durrant, or Harden would destroy OKC. I'm going way out on a limb here, but I think the Spurs in 4 is as likely an outcome as any of the possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:31 am

I am changing to Spurs in five.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
I am changing to Spurs in five.

I was seriously doubtin my prediction for the first three quarters of game one. OKC did an amazing job of getting back in transition defense to prevent one of SA's more recent strategies of getting easy fast-break points. SA would get a rebound and suddenly face (not a two on two fast-break like in the Jazz or Clippers series, but a two on four fast break, which slowed SA down tremendously). And, it didn't hurt OKC that the Spurs shot so poorly from the 3-pt arc for three quarters. And, of course, no one foresaw D Fish going 6 for 6 in the first 3 quarters in his play off the bench.

OKC still contested 3-pt shots in the 4th quarter (as well as they contested them in the first 3), but the shots went down for the Spurs. But, Stephen Jackson and (moreso) Ginobli really destroyed destroyed the Thunder in the 4th by forcing the Thunder to try to stop too many different possiblilities (the 3pt shot, the penetration, the pass inside, the dish-out, the penetration with a dish inside, and the simple pick and roll with Duncan and Parker).

It's only one game, but I still see the Spurs as favorites in each game. If Durrant, Westbrook, and Harden play all out at the best of their ability for pretty close to the entire game, I can easily see OKC not only winning a game, but winning the series. I don't think that's likely for a seven game series, and, so far, it seems pretty difficult for even one game!

One thing I find disappointing in the NBA press is that the Spurs and Thunder have been this good for over
two months, and we're only now hearing media coverage that whoever wins the west will win the championship! (Actually, I think Miami still has a very good shot at winning it all, but everyone's backtracking to say the Western Conference Finals are the "Real" finals.) (I'll have more to say about that in a week or so.)
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:55 pm

If you are watching the 3rd quarter of the Spurs/Thunder game, you are allowed to change your prediction to Spurs in 4. Maybe 3.

Seriously, they're up by 23 or something and they are making OKC look like Charlotte, like they have no chance to win the series, no chance to win a game, and pretty unlikely to win a single quarter. Spurs have just been playing like the mid-80s ***** or Celtics, where every player seemed like a borderline All Star because of the excellence of the execution.

Maybe OKC will come back, but it sure doesn't look like it.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Trollificus wrote:
If you are watching the 3rd quarter of the Spurs/Thunder game, you are allowed to change your prediction to Spurs in 4. Maybe 3.

Seriously, they're up by 23 or something and they are making OKC look like Charlotte, like they have no chance to win the series, no chance to win a game, and pretty unlikely to win a single quarter. Spurs have just been playing like the mid-80s ***** or Celtics, where every player seemed like a borderline All Star because of the excellence of the execution.

Maybe OKC will come back, but it sure doesn't look like it.

Not sure OKC will play as poorly at home but the Spurs buzz saw has sharp teeth. Any NBA fan has to be impressed with their ability to dismantle everyone they have faced with the same steely intensity and execution. No let downs, crazy execution, and of course, Tony Parker having his MVP-like year. Cannot wait for Heat v Spurs and at this point one has to be seriously rooting for a historic playoff run with zero losses. So did not see this coming at the beginning of the season. I'm amazed how much they get out of league cast-offs, youngsters and the old war horses in one well oiled clinic after clinic. Definitely a team to emulate if you are Jazz brass, who by the way, I think are doing pretty well in that department, coming up short only on not having a couple or 3 future HOF'ers on the roster. For another thread, (and a re-hash of an older TT thread), but I think there is something significant about having true stars on the roster, ones who gitter done during crunch time with regularity, no nights off.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Spurs are only 29-1 in last 30 games not resting their big 3. Ive been saying the whole time this is a 5 game series. I think they beat Miami in 4-5 w/o bosh. 5-6 with bosh. Would not be a bit surprised to see them challenge the 2000-01 ***** for best playoff mark in a long time. (I think it was that year, or maybe im a year off, im too lazy right now to look up the year.)
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Trollificus wrote:

Your down for six Troll. Once the series starts, we're stuck with our predictions. Basketball I am kinda hoping St. Louis is right now just so the Spurs can keep setting playoff successive win records. I correctly had the Spurs sweeping the Jazz, but have the Spurs winning in five against OKC. Al Jefferson "I don't see nobody beating them" is sounding prophetic right now.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, here we are at 2-2. Still think this goes to 7, home court wins. Despite SA being my second favorite NBA team I'm pleased to see OKC putting up what they are capable, fun series to watch. I think either OKC or SA could easily dispatch the Boshless Heat, not to mention the the suprisingly competitive but over Celtics. If the Celtics make it to the finals, you just have to laugh at how weak the Eastern Conference is and how chokable the Heat are.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:44 am

Looks like I widely missed with my prediction. I only saw the fourth quarter last night, but Steve Kerr had a lot of "passing the torch" talk going. It is hard to believe that the Thunder could beat the Spurs four times in a row, and if they don't win tomorrow night, it goes on to game seven in SA. I hope the Spurs win. It would be a travesty if Derek Fisher gets another ring.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Looks like I widely missed with my prediction. I only saw the fourth quarter last night, but Steve Kerr had a lot of "passing the torch" talk going. It is hard to believe that the Thunder could beat the Spurs four times in a row, and if they don't win tomorrow night, it goes on to game seven in SA. I hope the Spurs win. It would be a travesty if Derek Fisher gets another ring.

I don't think anyone saw SA dropping 3 straight. I figured it would come down to wins on the home floor with Game 7 the decider, victory SA. Interesting that pure athleticism is getting the best of game managment and veteran smarts, just goes to show in the end there are many ways teams can find ways to win with the assembled cast of characters!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:39 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Crunchtime1 wrote:

I don't think anyone saw SA dropping 3 straight. I figured it would come down to wins on the home floor with Game 7 the decider, victory SA. Interesting that pure athleticism is getting the best of game managment and veteran smarts, just goes to show in the end there are many ways teams can find ways to win with the assembled cast of characters!

I'm pretty shocked at the way this is playing out. I never thought either team would run off three straight. Either way who ever comes out of the east are in trouble!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPURS v OKC predictions   SPURS v OKC predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

SPURS v OKC predictions
Page 1 of 1