Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Would you take Jimmer? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you take Jimmer?

Go down 
+11
aliveandkickin
13uz
therawns
Romoholic
outerspacefan
Saint Louis
rorybreaker
zero24gravity
TheMagnus
Mutangclan
Sampaguy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

Would you take Jimmer? Empty
PostSubject: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Would the Jazz be smart by trying for Jimmer? I personally think he got a crappy deal in Sacramento, especially after Westpaul was fired.
I wouldn't mind having him as a third stringer, it's a known fact most players will improve play in a Jazz system. Coming home could be a good thing for him, I'm for it.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=21302884&nid=304&title=jazz-shooting-for-jimmer-range
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:38 pm

Sampaguy wrote:
Would the Jazz be smart by trying for Jimmer? I personally think he got a crappy deal in Sacramento, especially after Westpaul was fired.
I wouldn't mind having him as a third stringer, it's a known fact most players will improve play in a Jazz system. Coming home could be a good thing for him, I'm for it.

Jimmer just went 5-17 tonight, and aside from one game where he went off a bit and shot decent, seems like as a "shooter" or "scorer" he isn't doing too great.
I never wanted him in the draft, and still dont. He hasn't shown much at all, why go after a guy who hasn't shown anything?

Also, how did Jimmer get a crappy deal in Sac? Because he got outplayed by the last pick in the draft, Isaiah Thomas???
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

Jimmer just went 5-17 tonight, and aside from one game where he went off a bit and shot decent, seems like as a "shooter" or "scorer" he isn't doing too great.
I never wanted him in the draft, and still dont. He hasn't shown much at all, why go after a guy who hasn't shown anything?

Also, how did Jimmer get a crappy deal in Sac? Because he got outplayed by the last pick in the draft, Isaiah Thomas???

I don't have all the stats but I distinctively remember his playing time diminishing after Whestpaul was fired. I'm not a Jimmer fan and never got on that bandwagon but if I have choice between Earl and Jimmer at the 3rd string I chose Jimmer. Youth and the ability to score, both of which Watson does not have as well as the fact that his confidence level was probably very low in a Sacramento system that obviously sucked last year and a coaching change as well.

I may be wrong but I still think the guy can score off the bench if given minutes, and a good system..ala Ben Gordon maybe..

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 pm

I'd take him, for the right price. We talked about this extensively on another thread.

I don't think his over-inflated value has come down far enough yet though, the Kings probably still think they can get something out of him, because the Kings are terribly run.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 pm

If the Jazz did want to land Jimmer and the Kings really have just given up on him and want his three year contract off the books, then they could trade the expiring contracts of Watson and Bell for Jimmer and the last year of James Johnson's deal. Jazz could even throw in the rights to Tomic or a second round pick.

However, I have a feeling they would want more for the #10 pick in last years draft. It would look pretty bad if they just unloaded him a year after drafting him so high.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Sampaguy wrote:

I don't have all the stats but I distinctively remember his playing time diminishing after Whestpaul was fired. I'm not a Jimmer fan and never got on that bandwagon but if I have choice between Earl and Jimmer at the 3rd string I chose Jimmer. Youth and the ability to score, both of which Watson does not have as well as the fact that his confidence level was probably very low in a Sacramento system that obviously sucked last year and a coaching change as well.

I may be wrong but I still think the guy can score off the bench if given minutes, and a good system..ala Ben Gordon maybe..

Well, we'll agree to disagree Cool

I think Jimmers playing diminished because I. Thomas had a phenomenal year. He was awesome, enough to be the starting PG, and did it all while being the last pick in the draft.
I think Jimmer keeps getting all these excuses about why he couldn't be good. I think Jimmer just didn't shoot well, isn't a very good defender, and whatever he was great at in college, can't do it (yet).
I just dont think Jimmer should get all these excuses......he just didn't bring it. I saw a ton of Kings games because I liked watching Cousins and Thomas and Jimmer was getting open shots and not hitting. Magnus is right though, only thing that isn't his fault is the WAAAAY over inflated value of what he does. He should have been picked in the 30's in that draft, as a bench scorer. Not a leading PG.

Secondly, established Watson??? Who as shown to still be an above average defender and CAN lead a team, a team that has all the scorers it needs??? I think the last thing this team needs is what Jimmer "may" do one day.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't see any reason for the Jazz to have Jimmer.
It wouldn't work out well for him in this market either.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm on a slow internet connection, so I may have missed something. Is Jimmer on the trading block?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 8:23 am

Saint Louis wrote:
I'm on a slow internet connection, so I may have missed something. Is Jimmer on the trading block?

No, just IN MY OPINION, some carry over BYU fans that still think Jimmer is "Jimmer" and just needs the man to stop holding him down lol!
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:47 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:

No, just IN MY OPINION, some carry over BYU fans that still think Jimmer is "Jimmer" and just needs the man to stop holding him down lol!

Is that suppose to be me? LOL...I want to repeat what I said before, I was never a "Jimmer" fan and never got on the bandwagon...I don't like college ball anyways. I do think he is a good player, my point was to bring up the fact that I thought he'd be an improvement over Earl Watson, it's a personal opinion I have based on the fact that he is young and probably lost a lot of confidence last year.

Now I know Earl is the man, but established?? established in perhaps being a great team mate who hustles and throws great alley oops, other that that I am not sure what else he is established in other that the fact that he is an older player who is obviously looking at the home stretch of his career.

My thoughts are to improve our backup PG situation, I really think that's an issue that needs to be resolved, whether it's through Jimmer or some other player.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 am

Sampaguy wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:

Is that suppose to be me? LOL...I want to repeat what I said before, I was never a "Jimmer" fan and never got on the bandwagon...I don't like college ball anyways. I do think he is a good player, my point was to bring up the fact that I thought he'd be an improvement over Earl Watson, it's a personal opinion I have based on the fact that he is young and probably lost a lot of confidence last year.

Now I know Earl is the man, but established?? established in perhaps being a great team mate who hustles and throws great alley oops, other that that I am not sure what else he is established in other that the fact that he is an older player who is obviously looking at the home stretch of his career.

My thoughts are to improve our backup PG situation, I really think that's an issue that needs to be resolved, whether it's through Jimmer or some other player.

Hahaa no sir, no direct shot anywhere, just an over all Jimmer fandome ideal.

Yea, I'd say Earl is established, if for nothing else by how long he's been in the league. Never an all star, but always a guy teammates loved, and he lead by example defensively first, and also has always been a good court general. Just a solid to great career back up PG. He also doesn't turn the ball over (which thats the one consistent thing Jimmer has done to this point). I think if Jimmer did lose confidence though it was due to the realization that maybe he's not as good as he thought he was, AND from the Kings trying to make him what he's not because they stupidly reached for him. I think it would have been interesting to see all the BYU fans though if Jimmer was available, and to watch as KOC went right past him and took Burks instead. I dont think a smart GM like KOC or others would have done what braindead Sac did.

We'll definitely disagree though, on if Jimmer is any sort of improvement on our PG situation if we lost one of our current vets.
Now if you wanted to say he'd be an improvement over say Jeremy Evans, while completely different players, thats something I could go with.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
Saint Louis wrote:

Hahaa no sir, no direct shot anywhere, just an over all Jimmer fandome ideal.

Yea, I'd say Earl is established, if for nothing else by how long he's been in the league. Never an all star, but always a guy teammates loved, and he lead by example defensively first, and also has always been a good court general. Just a solid to great career back up PG. He also doesn't turn the ball over (which thats the one consistent thing Jimmer has done to this point). I think if Jimmer did lose confidence though it was due to the realization that maybe he's not as good as he thought he was, AND from the Kings trying to make him what he's not because they stupidly reached for him. I think it would have been interesting to see all the BYU fans though if Jimmer was available, and to watch as KOC went right past him and took Burks instead. I dont think a smart GM like KOC or others would have done what braindead Sac did.

We'll definitely disagree though, on if Jimmer is any sort of improvement on our PG situation if we lost one of our current vets.
Now if you wanted to say he'd be an improvement over say Jeremy Evans, while completely different players, thats something I could go with.

Agree, Earl is great and I'll be happy if he remains a Jazz man, I just hope that the backup situation doesn't become an issue during the season.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:53 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
¿Jazz going for Fredette?

Please god NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Sampaguy wrote:

Agree, Earl is great and I'll be happy if he remains a Jazz man, I just hope that the backup situation doesn't become an issue during the season.

Backup PG is a situation because Earl cannot run a team anymore No and if you talk to him about that he will go and speak to his agent about doing some obscure, undisclosed things to the Jazz Wink

I'm not happy with Earl clown on board. Yes, I've said it again! bom elephant
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Romoholic wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:

God will punish you for spelling with a "g".
Jimmer to the Jazz for Watson, GS pick and cash! God's a King! affraid
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:07 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:

No way is he worth that. Maybe he GS pick and Bell's contract that's it.

Besides don't we already have a version of him in Ahern? Yeah I know their game isn't excatly the same, but I don't see Fredette being that much if at all better than Blake. Both are good shooters but nothing more. I guess Jimmer would be better at creating his own shot. Either way I'll pass on Jimmer mania.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Romoholic wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:

Besides don't we already have a version of him in Ahern? Yeah I know their game isn't excatly the same, but I don't see Fredette being that much if at all better than Blake. Both are good shooters but nothing more. I guess Jimmer would be better at creating his own shot. Either way I'll pass on Jimmer mania.

The question I have asked is Fredette an improvement over Earl? I believe so.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:19 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

Backup PG is a situation because Earl cannot run a team anymore No and if you talk to him about that he will go and speak to his agent about doing some obscure, undisclosed things to the Jazz Wink

Disagree!! Again cheers
Hah, until Earl got hurt last year we all, or most, loved him, enough to want to replace Devin with him....remember?????

Also, I agree with this guy:
Braeden Jensen ‏@CanadianBraeden
@1280Spence honestly, I don't buy the rumors. I think he's just picking up on hopeful Jimmerites stirring the pot.
Details
Reply Retweet Favorite

BUT!! I will say, if we got Jimmer, it'd either be a S/T for someone we weren't keeping anyway, or for basically nothing. KOC would pull a doozy. Dont mind it in that case.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:22 pm

Romoholic wrote:

For THE GS PICK?????!!!! For Jimmer?????? WhAT????!! No way! You guys would give up a lottery pick PLUS other things for a guy who has shown at this point he shouldn't even have been a lottery pick???!!
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Sampaguy wrote:

The question I have asked is Fredette an improvement over Earl? I believe so.

Sampa, how can you say that Fredette is an improvement over Earl??? At Earls worst, he doesn't do much on the court, doesn't help, doesn't hurt. IMO, Earl plays above average defense, knows how to run an offense, and is a smart vet.

What does Jimmer do????
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

For THE GS PICK?????!!!! For Jimmer?????? WhAT????!! No way! You guys would give up a lottery pick PLUS other things for a guy who has shown at this point he shouldn't even have been a lottery pick???!!

Because I don't think we are gonna get a lottery pick out of GS. I think they will still be bad enough that it's gonna turn into a couple second round picks.

Don't get me wrong I don't want Jimmer on the Jazz at all. After thinking about it I think we can actually use that pick as trade bait for a real NBA player.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Jimmer had a real solid game tonight. Looks like both he and his teammates are getting more comfortable with his game.

But enough about Jimmer, how about Damian Lillard? Holy crap man, that dude is killing the summer league. Averaging 28 pts, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists on 44/40/80 shooting in 34 minutes a game.

Really, really, wish that guy was on our team....
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:59 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Jimmer had a real solid game tonight. Looks like both he and his teammates are getting more comfortable with his game.

But enough about Jimmer, how about Damian Lillard? Holy crap man, that dude is killing the summer league. Averaging 28 pts, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists on 44/40/80 shooting in 34 minutes a game.

Really, really, wish that guy was on our team....

I know man Lilliard is killing, doing it all as a brand new rookie out of Weber St, ughhhhhhhhhh, GS tanking killed us. Even that GD coin toss could have gone our way......UGH!!!!
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

Disagree!! Again cheers
Hah, until Earl got hurt last year we all, or most, loved him, enough to want to replace Devin with him....remember?????

I remember people talking about Watson being better than Harris; that was when Harris was flat out sucking and didn't even loook like a basketball related person... hey even Hayward was sucking at that time... we were all in despair, and I mean F-R-I-G-G-I-N-G--R-E-A-L--D-E-S-P-A-I-R. Some of us would have brought Milt Palacio again to play over Harris!!! Sad
Of course after some little time time the rest of the teams discovered that if they concentrate in the other 4 Jazzmen... well... Watson clown would not make a play to save his life geek hehe!

I don't really think Jazz is trying Jimmer. But if they are it might not be a bad thing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Jimmer?   Would you take Jimmer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you take Jimmer?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next