Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz/Bucks game thread Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz/Bucks game thread

Go down 
+7
Trollificus
Mutangclan
Richardale
The Voice of Reason
MTJazz
Saint Louis
TheMagnus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

Jazz/Bucks game thread Empty
PostSubject: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:24 pm

How many times to we have to see this script.

Foye, Marvin, Earl.... a combined 0-7, 1 assist, 3 turnovers in 8 minutes on the court.

Favors and Millsap carrying the load...
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:29 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Foye, Marvin, Earl.... a combined 0-7, 1 assist, 3 turnovers in 8 minutes on the court.

Favors looks great! And, I'm not talking about his haircut. 12 pts. 9 RBs and it's still the 1st Quarter!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Holy first quarter for Favors! Didn't I call this? I'm pretty sure I called this.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:52 pm

DC is also playing great! How many 3's for DC tonight?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
DC is also playing great! How many 3's for DC tonight?

Again. Same script, should be no surprise at this point when DC comes in and lights it up after the vets stink it up.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Anyone forsee Favors starting instead of Kanter? When I made my GTS prediction, I was thinking Kanter would start. I thought Enes would have a problem with Sanders and Dalembert. Instead, Ty starts Favors and Favors out-energizes Sanders! I was about to jump on the "We hate Ty" bandwagon, but, this gives him a little more wiggle room.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Can we please get some outside scoring by Marv or Foye? And can Watson stop turning it over?
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:27 pm

Saint Louis wrote:
Can we please get some outside scoring by Marv or Foye? And can Watson stop turning it over?

Burks, Hayward, and Kanter enter. Maybe now some outside scoring.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:30 pm

Saint Louis wrote:

yeah, great, gotta love Marv. 0-5 so far. Seriously, why does he even play given GH and DC play the same spot?
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:33 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Oh, but come on mags. The vets lead the way & set the pace. Kanter and the young guys just follow their lead. At least that's what Ty thinks.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Kanter is starting to attack Sanders and Dalembert! That's exactly what he needs to do. He's hit 4 straight free throws. That's the only way you can deal with shot-blockers. Get them in foul trouble.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:58 pm

somehow the Jazz are in this, (hmmm, wonder why?), when THREE of our starters have scored exactly ZERO points, combined. Writing on the wall, Ty, read it.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 pm

Kanter has to attack their bigs, not their littles! (Offensive foul, Kanter).
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Overtime! Why no Favors? Kanter is playing great, though.
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Oh, but come on mags. The vets lead the way & set the pace. Kanter and the young guys just follow their lead. At least that's what Ty thinks.

Apparently someone didnt catch my sarcasm....or didnt catch Ty's post-game comments after the game against the Bobcats.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:34 pm

I got an idea...lets put 0-for-Foye in to take the game winner...smart coaching, eh?
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:35 pm

MTJazz wrote:
I got an idea...lets put 0-for-Foye in to take the game winner...smart coaching, eh?

oh wait, lets have Sap take one....
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm

MTJazz wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

I continue to be disappointed with Corbins end of game management.

Can't be disappointed in that effort though, the Jazz should have won that game, they had several chances and the Bucks made several HUGE shots.

That was one of the worst games I've seen out of Hayward in a long time, and if you would have told me that Hayward would go 3-16 while Ellis and Jennings both shot over 50% I would have said we were losing by 20. Hell of an effort by the bigs though. Favors was an animal out there and Kanter was awesome in the second half. Millsap was great until the OT when I thought he made some questionable decisions on those inbound plays.

And how about Burks?!? whew....

Dangit man, those are the wins the Jazz really need.

Still, how much fun is that group to watch? Those 6 guys, Millsap, Kanter, Favors, Burks, Carroll, and Hayward are just so dynamic and fun to watch, be nice to see some Jeremy Evans sprinkled in there.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:14 pm

I don't blame Ty for this one. I would have put Foye back in as well. And, Millsap's 3 wasn't horrible (if he makes it we go into double overtime).

I'm a big DC fan, like everyone else here, but, there is one thing DC needs to learn: he needs to judge better when to leave his man for help defense. I've said this several times when everyone is praising DC's hustle (which I usually agree with): he doesn't always help the Jazz by playing all over the court on defense! When he leaves his man, he needs to make sure it doesn't result in his man getting an easier shot. DC needs to understand our defensive rotations, and understand where we won't have a defensive rotation to make up for him going out of position. We got burned a couple times in crunch-time by DC making the wrong defensive decision. Tonight, we had a great defensive team, and, we would have done better if DC had stayed on his man.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

I continue to be disappointed with Corbins end of game management.

Can't be disappointed in that effort though, the Jazz should have won that game, they had several chances and the Bucks made several HUGE shots.

That was one of the worst games I've seen out of Hayward in a long time, and if you would have told me that Hayward would go 3-16 while Ellis and Jennings both shot over 50% I would have said we were losing by 20. Hell of an effort by the bigs though. Favors was an animal out there and Kanter was awesome in the second half. Millsap was great until the OT when I thought he made some questionable decisions on those inbound plays.

And how about Burks?!? whew....

Dangit man, those are the wins the Jazz really need.

Poor coaching. Really favors should've been in there and paul at the three and gone big! Kanter should be getting huge minutes from here on out and i dont care who time gets cut to do it! Starters suckedazz big time and should be our bench the rest the way!

Still, how much fun is that group to watch? Those 6 guys, Millsap, Kanter, Favors, Burks, Carroll, and Hayward are just so dynamic and fun to watch, be nice to see some Jeremy Evans sprinkled in there.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:21 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Holy first quarter for Favors! Didn't I call this? I'm pretty sure I called this.

Mmmm, I dont know Mags, I know I did though.... Smile

https://jazznation.forumotion.com/t499p30-gts-charlotee-utah-3-1-13
Kanter is never going to be known as a shot blocker. He'll probably peak at the type of shotblocker Paul is. But lets let these guys roll man, dont go talking about getting rid of them.
I wouldn't be surprised if now on Monday Favors has the monster game, and Kanter is a bit quieter.

Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:55 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Mmmm, I dont know Mags, I know I did though.... Smile

https://jazznation.forumotion.com/t499p30-gts-charlotee-utah-3-1-13
Kanter is never going to be known as a shot blocker. He'll probably peak at the type of shotblocker Paul is. But lets let these guys roll man, dont go talking about getting rid of them.
I wouldn't be surprised if now on Monday Favors has the monster game, and Kanter is a bit quieter.

Look, let me see how I can delicately put this......... F**K Ty Corbin. Sorry to some of you, I know thats a no no around here, but I am so effing tired of this same tired BS!!!

TYRONE CORBIN, and ONLY CORBIN, LOST THIS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AND WINNABLE GAME THAT IS NEEDED BY OUR PLAYOFF POSITIONING TEAM!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

This head coach is coaching in bizarro world. Since when do more bench players finish than starters???? He is starting the worst players!!! And for what???! It is garbage. Not to mentioned, since it's all opposite, then you have a situation like putting a freezing cold Foye in after he's sat for an hour. If he did the proper rotations, Foye would have given a better player a breather, and wouldn't have been sitting so long. But this is Bizarro-Corbin-Coaching-World......He is actually costing this team losses. His rotations and insistence on playing terrible players, is putting this team into a hole, that once the other GOOD players come in, they have to scratch, claw, play their effing guts out to finally dig out of a hole. And then, they still have to win a game. Every night he is putting this team in an uphill battle. And the most frustrating thing is, they almost do it nightly!!! Our other players are GOOD!!! F**K!!!

Favors: looked great of course. But let me see here: he will sit a monster game Favors all of the 4th and OT, but he wont sit a WORTHLESS Marvin??? Seriously?
Kanter: also looked great great. In reality, I dont disagree with Kanter staying on. ONCE THEY HAD DUG OUT OF THE CORBIN QUICKSAND HOLE, there was a good rhythm going on with Kanter in there. So it's fine. And he certainly looked great, right Calgary?
Hayward: man, dude could not get a call!! Was unreal, and I never talk about officiating. But he still grabbed 7rebs and made some beautiful plays/assists. Aside from FG%, great game.
Burks: GREAT, bottom line. If we had any other coach, I'd think he'd solidified the backup PG spot now.
DC3: PHENOMENAL. Extra possessions off of Utah missed FTs??? Crazy. All over the court, SLAUGHTERED Marvin's game. Stupid. Just flat out STUPID that he is not starting over Marvin.
Mo Williams: back Wednesday. Think Corbin will be smart enough to start him over Watson? Nah. Who cares about the dumb playoffs anyway.
DC3= great starting caliber player Marvin=bench player, use if needed.

F Corbin, seriously. He's causing this team to drop to the 8th seed, possibly out of the playoffs.

Oh, but you have to listen to Harpring on this one, he said it the last time those three put up an ofer too:

"The Jazz" need to do a better job of getting those guys opportunities at the start of games and the second half."

So you see, it isn't those players sucking, it's the TEAM'S fault. Somehow. Harpring's understanding of the game must be so freaking cosmically deep that I just can't follow it. Because to me, it seems like they are not only missing shots, but not rebounding, defending, moving, passing effectively or performing any of the basketball actions necessary for the Jazz NOT TO GET 10+ POINTS BEHIND EVERY TIME THEY PLAY 6 MINUTES TOGETHER.

But what do I know? I'm not an ex-player.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Trollificus wrote:

Oh, but you have to listen to Harpring on this one, he said it the last time those three put up an ofer too:

"The Jazz" need to do a better job of getting those guys opportunities at the start of games and the second half."

So you see, it isn't those players sucking, it's the TEAM'S fault. Somehow. Harpring's understanding of the game must be so freaking cosmically deep that I just can't follow it. Because to me, it seems like they are not only missing shots, but not rebounding, defending, moving, passing effectively or performing any of the basketball actions necessary for the Jazz NOT TO GET 10+ POINTS BEHIND EVERY TIME THEY PLAY 6 MINUTES TOGETHER.

But what do I know? I'm not an ex-player.

Good thing I got the Bucks announcers tonight I guess.....and funny, a couple games ago, Harpring was saying how Corbins going to have to make some tough decisions, because Burks and DC are playing so great, and Marv etc aren't giving them anything. Guess the MAN told Harp to tone it down...

F Corbin.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 pm

ALSO...

I'm going to demonstrate my total ignorance of NBA basketball, coaching, team play and the history of Early Ming Dynasty* and confess something.

I do not understand why Kanter and Favors cannot play together. Why did Favors have to sit for the last 20+ minutes of the game?? Was Millsap the very best matchup available for every one of those minutes. against every Bucks lineup??

Yes, yes, they are both very big, both very young.

But, let's see...playing them together was a GOOD idea earlier in the season, without disastrous consequence that I remember, but now it's something inconceivable?? No, I don't get it.

*-actually, I DO know something of Early Ming Dynasty history.
"In 1382, Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang was urged by his advisors to put certain politically-connected generals in charge of an effort to thwart a Mongol incursion. He did so, and they were defeated. In 1385, facing a similar incursion from the northeast by a Korean force, his courtiers urged the same influential generals be put in charge. The Emperor did so, and again they were routed, earning him the nickname of "The Corbin Emperor". No one in China knew what that meant until this year."
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm kind of torn here.....because while I was disappointed Favors didn't get more minutes in the second half with the numbers he was putting up, I was also glad to see Corbin ride it out with the lineup that brought them back, for the most part.

Big Al's injury has taught me one thing...he has got to be the odd man out this summer. I've felt this way all along, but that theory is being validated before our very eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz/Bucks game thread   Jazz/Bucks game thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz/Bucks game thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next