Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Revisiting the Harris for Williams trade Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Revisiting the Harris for Williams trade

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

Revisiting the Harris for Williams trade Empty
PostSubject: Revisiting the Harris for Williams trade   Revisiting the Harris for Williams trade EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:21 am

I was thinking about this last night. If the Jazz wouldn't have made that trade, their PGs would be Mo starting and Devin as the backup. Harris would have been a good stop gap with the injury to Mo as well. Instead of solidifying the PG position with the trade, we managed to make holes at two spots, and are stuck with Marvin for another year at 8.5 million. With as good as the D Will trade turned out, we got suckered by the Hawks on the Harris/Williams trade. No Devin Harris isn't a great PG, but he sure as hell is better than JT and Watson.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Revisiting the Harris for Williams trade Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revisiting the Harris for Williams trade   Revisiting the Harris for Williams trade EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:45 am

You sound a lot like the guy who had this converstation in the "Rumors, Rumors, Rumors" thread https://jazznation.forumotion.com/t476p150-rumors-rumors-rumors ...

zero24gravity wrote:

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Leoverine wrote:
Devin Harris will be available, woudn't he be great!!! tongue

I know that's a joke, but honeslty, if you think about it ..... wouldn't it have been better to have Devin than Marv this year? Mo has missed almost the entire season, so Devin would have been the starting point. Marv, at this point, is not doing much except taking minutes from Carroll.

Harris + DC getting more run > Marvin & Tinsley/Watson, right?

This made me sad, because it is absolutely true. I'd never even thought about the "what-if" of that deal never happening. It's amazing that a deal that seemed so sensible when it was made could turn out to be a loser for the Jazz in almost every way imaginable.

And just to add a little salt to the wound ..... Harris would have been coming off the books this offseason, whereas Marvin is almost certainly going to pick up his $8+million option, leaving the Jazz less financial flexibilty. The bright side is, this negative could be offset if the Jazz can somehow use Marv's expriing contract to nab a more useful player.

Haha, knock it off Zero!! Well, I will say this, that had Mo not gone down this wouldn't have seemed like such an issue, and at the time we were all pretty much done with Devin, and I believe most, me for sure, thought that Marvin was a great move to make to see if he could do something. At a minimum he was one of those 3pt shooters we needed so badly.

Sucks now in hindsight, but at least at the time this was pretty much a move everyone liked.

Sorry guys!

But I just thought of a positive spin to put on this otherwise sad tale .... If Devin were here playing the point in Mo's absence, then I'm 112% sure that Tinsley & Watson would have held down the back-up job, and Burks would have never had the chance to get on the court & show everyone why he's such a promising talent. So yah, the Marv for Devin trade may have not panned out perfectly, and you are right, we almost all agreed it was a nice deal at the time, but Burks' emergence may have never happened if not for that trade.

There you go..... happy thoughts for everyone! clown
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets

Revisiting the Harris for Williams trade
Page 1 of 1