Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crank up the Heat...By Therawns

Go down 
+5
Crunchtime1
shelley_utahjazzfan
TheMagnus
therawns
Romoholic
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
therawns
Starter

Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 am

Newest power rankings. Have utah slipping a bit. (Done before last nights win.)

http://crankuptheheat.net/the-rawns-nba-power-rankings-week-4/
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:43 pm

http://crankuptheheat.net/disservice-to-the-league/

Article on the Spurs fine last week. SOrry it is really really late.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:13 pm

therawns wrote:

I agree, the Pops did nothing at all wrong! If Stern was so worried about a disservice to fans, why didn't he do anything about GS tanking half there games to rob the Jazz of a draft pick.

You meant to tell me it is more of a disservice to not play a few guys ONE night, than to shut down your team just after the all star break to earn a better draft position? This has always been the problem with Stern. He enforces the rules as he sees fit, or even makes them up as he goes along.

Pops took a calculated risk. What if the #1 seed comes down to one game that the Spurs lost because of sitting guys? It won't happen, but what if they missed the playoffs by one game? The Spurs are taking their fate in their own hands and I see nothing wrong with it. I heard dip shit Harpring saying how "it's just wrong" Rolling Eyes He was wrong, as he usually is. The fans aren't promised to see a certain player play when they buy a ticket, anymore than they are promised to see their team win.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:07 pm

Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

I agree, the Pops did nothing at all wrong! If Stern was so worried about a disservice to fans, why didn't he do anything about GS tanking half there games to rob the Jazz of a draft pick.

You meant to tell me it is more of a disservice to not play a few guys ONE night, than to shut down your team just after the all star break to earn a better draft position? This has always been the problem with Stern. He enforces the rules as he sees fit, or even makes them up as he goes along.

Pops took a calculated risk. What if the #1 seed comes down to one game that the Spurs lost because of sitting guys? It won't happen, but what if they missed the playoffs by one game? The Spurs are taking their fate in their own hands and I see nothing wrong with it. I heard dip shit Harpring saying how "it's just wrong" Rolling Eyes He was wrong, as he usually is. The fans aren't promised to see a certain player play when they buy a ticket, anymore than they are promised to see their team win.

The part about GS was a good venting session. I did go on a rant on twitter when i heard about the fine, and mentioned GS a few times.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:03 pm

I don't buy the Celtics at 11 and I think you should flip the Grizz and Clippers, but everything else makes sense. I hate to admit it, but the Jazz at 15 is pretty much right on. They are horrible on the road and pretty good at home, but will still lose more often than not at home against the top teams in the league.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Sorry, i havent been posting. I have slacked off also this year. (Having 2 jobs sucks)

http://crankuptheheat.net/kobe-bryant-injury-isnt-the-end-of-a-historic-career/

Here is the article on Kobe's injury.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:02 am

therawns wrote:
Sorry, i havent been posting. I have slacked off also this year. (Having 2 jobs sucks)

I have no doubt he will come back, but at what level? Even the great MJ eventually slowed down in his 30s and didn't have a devastating injury to deal with.

My money would be on Kobe being about half the player he has been, but still costing the Lakers around 80 million next season with his salary and the tax penalty. Might be time for the Lakers to move on to the future.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:45 am

Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

I have no doubt he will come back, but at what level? Even the great MJ eventually slowed down in his 30s and didn't have a devastating injury to deal with.

My money would be on Kobe being about half the player he has been, but still costing the Lakers around 80 million next season with his salary and the tax penalty. Might be time for the Lakers to move on to the future.

If Kobe was smart, and the Lakers were smart, they would mutually agree to amnesty Kobe and give him a full year to recover from his injury.

They would do everything they could to keep Dwight, and what they do after that would depend on whether or not he signs. If they can get D12 to sign and if they insist on riding D'antoni then they should trade Pau Gasol for players that work in his system, because he isn't changing his system (Don't you think Pau would be a nice consolation prize for Dallas if they couldn't get Dwight? I think so, and Dallas could send Marion back to play with D'Antoni). If they don't get Dwight then they should keep Gasol, make a run at Josh Smith, and save the rest of their money for the summer of 2014 when Pau comes off the books, Kobe comes back healthy (and crazy motivated) and a whole host of elite players could become available, including some or all of Miami's big 3, Amare Staudomire, Melo, Zach Randolph, along with some quality players who may or may not become free agents this summer like Iggy, AK, and Shawn Marion and a whole pile of solid restricted free agents.

Just seems to me like this could be the perfect opportunity to completely remake the roster so that is was viable beyond Kobe while at the same time giving them a chance to be a contender for the last couple years of his career, but I think Kobe would have to buy in and take a massive pay cut to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:52 am

TheMagnus wrote:
If Kobe was smart, and the Lakers were smart, they would mutually agree to amnesty Kobe and give him a full year to recover from his injury.

They would do everything they could to keep Dwight, and what they do after that would depend on whether or not he signs. If they can get D12 to sign and if they insist on riding D'antoni then they should trade Pau Gasol for players that work in his system, because he isn't changing his system (Don't you think Pau would be a nice consolation prize for Dallas if they couldn't get Dwight? I think so, and Dallas could send Marion back to play with D'Antoni). If they don't get Dwight then they should keep Gasol, make a run at Josh Smith, and save the rest of their money for the summer of 2014 when Pau comes off the books, Kobe comes back healthy (and crazy motivated) and a whole host of elite players could become available, including some or all of Miami's big 3, Amare Staudomire, Melo, Zach Randolph, along with some quality players who may or may not become free agents this summer like Iggy, AK, and Shawn Marion and a whole pile of solid restricted free agents.

But what do I know...

I was thinking about the "amnesty Kobe" angle as well. Thing is, the Lakers can't resign Kobe after they amnesty him, can they? I thought there was some kind of provision staying that a player can't resign witht the team that amnestied him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 am

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

But what do I know...

I was thinking about the "amnesty Kobe" angle as well. Thing is, the Lakers can't resign Kobe after they amnesty him, can they? I thought there was some kind of provision staying that a player can't resign witht the team that amnestied him.

They can resign him after his contract expires, which is at the end of next year. Some other team could claim him off waivers for next season, or sign him to a longer term contract if he was agreeable, but he wouldn't have to report or sign a contract if he didn't want to.

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:03 am

TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

But what do I know...

They can resign him after his contract expires, which is at the end of next year. Some other team could claim him off waivers for next season, or sign him to a longer term contract if he was agreeable, but he wouldn't have to report or sign a contract if he didn't want to.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 pm

I almost went with the amnesty angle. Instead I just went with what i did. Felt like amnesty would be a totally different article. If its a lakers blog fine, i do it.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:57 pm

http://crankuptheheat.net/eastern-conference-finals-series-preview/

Latest article about the ECF. Talks about how dictating the matchups will be the key.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:07 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

But what do I know...

If lakers amnesty Koby they still have to pay him and if he misses enough time insurants will kick in pay out big time. I thought once you amnesty a player you can go back and resign that player? Rule masters?
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 am

http://crankuptheheat.net/heat-fans-embrace-game-seven/

Heat fans, embrace game 7. Yes, its for heat fans, but i feel like it's one of my better ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crank up the Heat...By Therawns   Crank up the Heat...By Therawns - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crank up the Heat...By Therawns
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3