Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  UnderKanter Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UnderKanter

Go down 
+16
Calgary Jazz
Romoholic
Trollificus
vryadli
zero24gravity
aliveandkickin
rorybreaker
ptaz66
Saint Louis
therawns
Sampaguy
TheMagnus
MTJazz
dongibby
Richardale
Mutangclan
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:24 am

I think the UnderKanter is going to deserve his own thread again this year, and will once again be one of the most watched players on the team. I know I think he still was a great pick for that draft class, and also believe he's going to be good. I think it'll still take a bit, but he's already shown an all-star type skill (Rodman) as a teenager. I love him on this team.

Also, really starting to like SLCDunk.com, great articles, like this one on Kanter:

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/7/20/3173684/busting-the-myth-that-jazz-bigman-enes-kanter-is-a-bust#storyjump

I think Kanter will improve this year, enough to show that he was a great choice, if some of you didn't think so. I know I did.
This also, sadly pale makes me miss Calgary Crow......where are you CC!!!!???!!!!!! I miss your musk.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
I think the UnderKanter is going to deserve his own thread again this year, and will once again be one of the most watched players on the team. I know I think he still was a great pick for that draft class, and also believe he's going to be good. I think it'll still take a bit, but he's already shown an all-star type skill (Rodman) as a teenager. I love him on this team.

Also, really starting to like SLCDunk.com, great articles, like this one on Kanter:

http://www.slcdunk.com/2012/7/20/3173684/busting-the-myth-that-jazz-bigman-enes-kanter-is-a-bust#storyjump

I think Kanter will improve this year, enough to show that he was a great choice, if some of you didn't think so. I know I did.
This also, sadly pale makes me miss Calgary Crow......where are you CC!!!!???!!!!!! I miss your musk.

If he is given the time he needs. But, yes i think by years end we'll wished Al or paul had been traded.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Richardale wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

If he is given the time he needs. But, yes i think by years end we'll wished Al or paul had been traded.

I am hoping that you will be right but from what I seen from him in summer league play the Kid still has a lot of work ahead of him but I am pulling for him to get it done.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:42 pm

If he is given the time he needs. But, yes i think by years end we'll wished Al or paul had been traded.[/quote]

I dunno about that at all. Right now the Jazz have the most dominant paint rotation in the league. One of the guys gets hurt? No problem, got it covered. Think about it. Say the Jazz start Al and Favors, they play like banshees and go to the bench for a blow. In comes Kanter and Sap, who will absolutely destroy most other team's second unit paint guys - Paul with RB and scoring, Kanter killing on the glass and getting nice put backs. If Kanter's play demands more minutes that is a real nice problem for Corbin that he solves by balancing minutes between the four players. My point is being that stacked in the paint, with player ego buy-in, (Corbin's job), the bigs can play full tilt during their minutes, saving nothing. Further, while guys like Sap seem to bring it all game in long minutes, dudes named Jefferson play lots of tired minutes, where there effectiveness falls off and they are less capable of wearing down the guy they are guarding. The Jazz can always have fresh legs in the paint. Now, if only the second platoon of wings (Burks/DC/Murphy) can deliver, and we have a damn good idea that Burks and DC play with high energy, the second unit is going to be better than a 1/3 of other teams starting units.

By all reports Kanter has a great work ethic and motor and is coachable. I will be shocked if he doesn't come into this season way more competent. He is already a natural rebounder, he just needs some polish moves near the rim and a little more explosiveness and he will be every bit a key cog in the rotation.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:48 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

I dunno about that at all. Right now the Jazz have the most dominant paint rotation in the league. One of the guys gets hurt? No problem, got it covered. Think about it. Say the Jazz start Al and Favors, they play like banshees and go to the bench for a blow. In comes Kanter and Sap, who will absolutely destroy most other team's second unit paint guys - Paul with RB and scoring, Kanter killing on the glass and getting nice put backs. If Kanter's play demands more minutes that is a real nice problem for Corbin that he solves by balancing minutes between the four players. My point is being that stacked in the paint, with player ego buy-in, (Corbin's job), the bigs can play full tilt during their minutes, saving nothing. Further, while guys like Sap seem to bring it all game in long minutes, dudes named Jefferson play lots of tired minutes, where there effectiveness falls off and they are less capable of wearing down the guy they are guarding. The Jazz can always have fresh legs in the paint. Now, if only the second platoon of wings (Burks/DC/Murphy) can deliver, and we have a damn good idea that Burks and DC play with high energy, the second unit is going to be better than a 1/3 of other teams starting units.

By all reports Kanter has a great work ethic and motor and is coachable. I will be shocked if he doesn't come into this season way more competent. He is already a natural rebounder, he just needs some polish moves near the rim and a little more explosiveness and he will be every bit a key cog in the rotation.

Still think it is strange when people talk about Millsap coming off the bench. That aint happening. It's just not. As long as he's on this team he'll start and, unless he's starting at SF, Favors will come off the bench. And that is fine. In fact it's better than fine, it's great. Favors gives more versatility and youthful energy off the bench, he can come in for Jefferson or Millsap or neither as the situation requires.

As much as starters really don't matter to the outcome of a game, we all know they matter to players, and starting Favors, a third year player who has barely sniffed at the level of play that Millsap has been delivering for over 5 years, just doesn't make any sense at all. Especially given the fact that Millsap and Jefferson work so well together.

Last edited by TheMagnus on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:19 pm

I see Kanter as a rebounding machine this year. The rest we just have to be patient. He has some nice footwork and a few low post moves on the block but those come as he gets more confident and is given the opportunity to utilize them.

To me his situation is similar to CJ miles, how many years did we give CJ thinking he'd finally take that next step? He wasn't a number 3 pick but the talent was there, he just didn't really do it. I think Kanter will develop those skills eventually but it may take a few seasons.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:33 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Still think it is strange when people talk about Millsap coming off the bench. That aint happening. It's just not. As long as he's on this team he'll start and, unless he's starting at SF, Favors will come off the bench. And that is fine. In fact it's better than fine, it's great. Favors gives more versatility and youthful energy off the bench, he can come in for Jefferson or Millsap or neither as the situation requires.

As much as starters really don't matter to the outcome of a game, we all know they matter to players, and starting Favors, a third year player who has barely sniffed at the level of play that Millsap has been delivering for over 5 years, just doesn't make any sense at all. Especially given the fact that Millsap and Jefferson work so well together.

Do you think Harden hates coming off the bench? I mean, he's on the Olympic team. I realize that most players care about starting, I sure did. And it makes sense. But I think Favors compliments Al Jeff so much more it's not even funny. And now with more offense added to the team, I think have more defense in the starting lineup is a good idea. And coming off the bench, like wise with Paul complimenting Kanter, or anyone else he plays with.
I think for the benefit of the team, the best starting line up is Al and Favors. Paul has earned it, and only does things the right way, but it doesn't change that Favors is a better fit with Al, who is our best low post scorer. And just as Favors can come in for whomever, Paul can come in for whomever also.
I agree Paul and Al work great together, but I also think we need to be a better defensive team, and Favors is that guy. He could guard the opposing team big that comes off those pick and rolls that Al was completely exposed at. If that guy is Duncan for example, then DFav would do a much better job.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

Do you think Harden hates coming off the bench? I mean, he's on the Olympic team. I realize that most players care about starting, I sure did. And it makes sense. But I think Favors compliments Al Jeff so much more it's not even funny. And now with more offense added to the team, I think have more defense in the starting lineup is a good idea. And coming off the bench, like wise with Paul complimenting Kanter, or anyone else he plays with.
I think for the benefit of the team, the best starting line up is Al and Favors. Paul has earned it, and only does things the right way, but it doesn't change that Favors is a better fit with Al, who is our best low post scorer. And just as Favors can come in for whomever, Paul can come in for whomever also.
I agree Paul and Al work great together, but I also think we need to be a better defensive team, and Favors is that guy. He could guard the opposing team big that comes off those pick and rolls that Al was completely exposed at. If that guy is Duncan for example, then DFav would do a much better job.

I don't really understand why you think Favors is better with Jefferson than Millsap. I've looked, I've watched, and there is literally nothing I have seen or read or calculated that says that Jefferson is better with Favors than Millsap. The pick and roll argument is bogus because it didn't matter who Jefferson was guarding, the Spurs ran it right at him. If he was on Duncan, Duncan ran the pick and roll. Splitter, Splitter. Diaw, Diaw. Just because Favors is out there doesn't mean he can magically play defense for both of them. Millsap's help D is miles ahead of Favors, as is his pick and roll D (which is why you don't see people running the pick and roll at Millsap), it takes experience to learn how to do those things well, and that experience (along with a load of hustle) is what makes Millsap a good defender.

I'll tell you what the best combination is, Millsap and Favors, those two were better than any other two man combination the Jazz put on the floor, but I don't hear anybody saying Jefferson should be coming off the bench...wonder why that is?\

Also, Harden is a perfect example to prove my point. Harden is the youngest star on that team, it makes no sense to start all three of your elite scorers and leave your bench with nothing, so who started on that team? The vets with more experience. Favors should be the one coming off the bench, just like harden.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Favor and Millsap starting.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Richardale wrote:

See the problem with that is Kanter and Jefferson is a bad pairing. They dont compliment each other. I would love to see Jefferson go off on 2nd string centers/power forwards, but defensively i hate the jefferson kanter combo.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:50 pm

therawns wrote:
Richardale wrote:

See the problem with that is Kanter and Jefferson is a bad pairing. They dont compliment each other. I would love to see Jefferson go off on 2nd string centers/power forwards, but defensively i hate the jefferson kanter combo.

yea i thought about that but we're talk 2nd string players. Then when Al comes in your sliding Favors down to Pf part of the time Al is on the floor then millsap Enes combo later. They would be killing second unit in the league.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:55 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I don't really understand why you think Favors is better with Jefferson than Millsap. I've looked, I've watched, and there is literally nothing I have seen or read or calculated that says that Jefferson is better with Favors than Millsap. The pick and roll argument is bogus because it didn't matter who Jefferson was guarding, the Spurs ran it right at him. If he was on Duncan, Duncan ran the pick and roll. Splitter, Splitter. Diaw, Diaw. Just because Favors is out there doesn't mean he can magically play defense for both of them. Millsap's help D is miles ahead of Favors, as is his pick and roll D (which is why you don't see people running the pick and roll at Millsap), it takes experience to learn how to do those things well, and that experience (along with a load of hustle) is what makes Millsap a good defender.

I'll tell you what the best combination is, Millsap and Favors, those two were better than any other two man combination the Jazz put on the floor, but I don't hear anybody saying Jefferson should be coming off the bench...wonder why that is?\

Also, Harden is a perfect example to prove my point. Harden is the youngest star on that team, it makes no sense to start all three of your elite scorers and leave your bench with nothing, so who started on that team? The vets with more experience. Favors should be the one coming off the bench, just like harden.

Wow, lots of good opinions on this Underkanter thread! One of the most interesting questions rising out of this is whether the Jazz (or any team) should stick to starting the same players night after night! All the NBA teams usually have the same starting lineup (barring injury), and then make adjustments for matchup problems as the game evolves. Commonly, when NBA teams use a bunch of different starting lineups, people criticize them for being "unstable" or "still trying to find their starting lineup" (implying they don't know what they're doing, and are just trying different things). I think a good idea for the Jazz would be to completely dismantle the common conception of "Starters" and "Bench Players." I don't know if the Jazz coaching staff is deep enough to to make it work (because this would take a lot of scouting and analysis, which we might not be able to afford), but I think we have enough front court players to put this scheme into motion!

Since this is a thread supposed to be about Kanter, I'd suggest the Jazz focus on teaching him how to play against the really big bigs, like Bynum. Looking strictly at our matchup with the *****, we would have an advantage against them in the front court IF Kanter could learn to neautralize Bynum. We could use Big Al as a PF playing against Pao Gasol! If (and admittedly it's a big if) Kanter could start and continually keep Bynum from doing what Bynum frequently does, that would free up Big Al both offensively and defensively to prove he can outplay Gasol. Of course, it may be wishful thinking that either Kanter or Big Al could carry that strategy into effectiveness (but, it's the off-season, so why not wish?).
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Richardale wrote:

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-hawks/2012/2/21/2813955/nba-trade-rumors-marvin-williams-atlanta-hawks-kirk-hinrich

With this starting lineup it would give Marv W. a better chance of taking on a bigger role in scoring. Sounds like he wanted to be moved where he'd have a chance and with big Al starting it would take touches away and we wont be as good on D.

I think our best defence would be
Favor
Millsap
M will
Hayward
Mo will

Plus gives Marvin his best shot to grow into the player he wants.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Bench

Al
Enes
Sign AK Dam it!
Burks
Watson / Tinsley

I love it, Cant wait for the season to start!!
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 10:33 pm

The biggest complaint I have had about Kanter is how he brings the ball down in the lane a lot. I love how he wants to overpower everybody in sight, but it hurt him at times last year. It seemed like after almost every offensive rebound a power dribble would come. That brings guards into the equation, where they can strip the ball. I want to see Kanter be able to get a board, and keep the ball above his head and go back up. Watch Bynum. he might be the best at keeping the ball high, where nobody can get to it. This is a fixable thing.

Overall, I was impressed with him. I did not expect to get much out of him. I was going into the season thinking that i would be nervous with him in the game. He still has a long way to go. However, how many 19 year old big men were ready from day one?
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Reason Why   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:21 am

Saint Louis wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Wow, lots of good opinions on this Underkanter thread! One of the most interesting questions rising out of this is whether the Jazz (or any team) should stick to starting the same players night after night! All the NBA teams usually have the same starting lineup (barring injury), and then make adjustments for matchup problems as the game evolves. Commonly, when NBA teams use a bunch of different starting lineups, people criticize them for being "unstable" or "still trying to find their starting lineup" (implying they don't know what they're doing, and are just trying different things). I think a good idea for the Jazz would be to completely dismantle the common conception of "Starters" and "Bench Players." I don't know if the Jazz coaching staff is deep enough to to make it work (because this would take a lot of scouting and analysis, which we might not be able to afford), but I think we have enough front court players to put this scheme into motion!

Since this is a thread supposed to be about Kanter, I'd suggest the Jazz focus on teaching him how to play against the really big bigs, like Bynum. Looking strictly at our matchup with the *****, we would have an advantage against them in the front court IF Kanter could learn to neautralize Bynum. We could use Big Al as a PF playing against Pao Gasol! If (and admittedly it's a big if) Kanter could start and continually keep Bynum from doing what Bynum frequently does, that would free up Big Al both offensively and defensively to prove he can outplay Gasol. Of course, it may be wishful thinking that either Kanter or Big Al could carry that strategy into effectiveness (but, it's the off-season, so why not wish?).

The reason teams keep a consistant starting line-up is because basketball is a team sport. Granted individual players and their respective talents are taken into account when deciding which five guys to put on the floor at any given time, but this is done to create the most effective, unified units.

A major part of being successful in a team sport is having everyone on the same page, working as a unit. This takes playing together, learning what each other brings to the table, and developing ways to maximize everyones abilities. This is also, why most players make a significant leap forward in their second season with a team. It simply takes them a year to fit in with their team-mates. Likewise, this is why coaches prefer to start the same five guys every night, to give them every opportunity to develop the team chemistry needed to ultimately be successful as a unit.

Many coaches, like Coach Sloan, even took this further by having fairly inflexable, set substitution rotations, wanting each player to know when they could expect to play and with whom they would be on the floor with. Likewise, many coaches shorten their rotations or benches during the play-offs, giving more time to the line-ups which have proven to be the most effective, while eliminating time for less effective line-ups and quite often some individual players.

Many folks thought the Spurs would win the Championship this last year simply because they had the best or most team chemistry and experience dealing with different situations as a unit. While they came up short, they certainly made an impressive run and anyone watching them play got to see a well coached, experienced, unified team at work.

My hope is the Jazz Coaching Staff enter training camp with open minds, and let the players, through their play, decide who starts with whom, who plays where, and for how many minutes. I'd prefer they start the same five guys every night, then, using the strengths of each player and the strengths of various line-ups, make adjustments as needed within each individual game itself.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:26 am

Favor, Kanter, Millsap, Big Al, the question is who to keep long term.
I would love to have them all but that would be a problem next year with playing time and salary.
My opinion is that the best three man rotation would be Favors, Kanter and a non $15 million a year Big Al.
So what to do with Millsap? I would try to trade him between now and the trade deadline, if not you pay him about $10-11 mil a year and maybe dump Big Al (bad move) or he walks.
I really like the guy but minutes and money don't work out as well for him.
The Jazz still need an elite PG, and an elite SF. Mo and Marvin aren't elite, pretty good, but not good enough to get the Jazz to the next level.
Back to top Go down
ptaz66
6th man

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Huh?   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:24 am

rorybreaker wrote:
Favor, Kanter, Millsap, Big Al, the question is who to keep long term.
I would love to have them all but that would be a problem next year with playing time and salary.
My opinion is that the best three man rotation would be Favors, Kanter and a non $15 million a year Big Al.
So what to do with Millsap? I would try to trade him between now and the trade deadline, if not you pay him about $10-11 mil a year and maybe dump Big Al (bad move) or he walks.
I really like the guy but minutes and money don't work out as well for him.
The Jazz still need an elite PG, and an elite SF. Mo and Marvin aren't elite, pretty good, but not good enough to get the Jazz to the next level.

If you're arguing for a future of Favors, Kanter and a non $15 million a year Big Al, then your argument for trading Milsap seem somewhat flawed to me, because if you trade or let Big Al go and keep Milsap at $10-11 million, this is exactly what you have.

Many of us have presented pretty solid arguments regarding a Favors/Jefferson line-up versus a Favors/Milsap line-up wherein we think the Favors/Milsap line-up is certainly as good or IMO better.

Kanter is a project who I hope and think will pan out, but I certainly would be unwilling to bet the team on it. Hence, I'd only look to trade a big if I could get a proven elite PG, until Kanter proves himself to be an excellent or better center.

Here's my proven elite PG list CP, Rose, Rondo, DW, or Westbrook. Now all the Jazz Brass have to do is figure out how to get one of these guys without completely dismantling the team. I realize its a short list, but I'm not convinced Mo won't be about as good as the next tier of the PG's out there this year.

I think Mo could prove to be a top 6 or 7-15 PG and after the top five or six, the difference really becomes personal preferance in what strengths and weaknesses you choose to live with, because PG's ranking 6 or 7-15 all have a couple of each, as exemplified in our discussions on this board, where the opinions have been vast and varied in considering how to upgrade the PG position this off-season.

As far as the elite SF, I'm not sure this is a need, as opposed to a want.
I think Marvin may prove to be better than anticipated. Likewise, I think it's entirely possible Burks and Hayward could very well develop to a point, where as a tandem they are in the top 10 in the league. I realize the latter may take a couple of years, but Kanter's development is certainly going to take this long as well.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:16 am

Good debate from some smart people. Love seeing Magnus and Tang go at it. I'd start all three; Sap, Favors, and Big Al. It's their best defensive unit and all three should be their best offensive unit as well when they're in.......including Mo and Hayward.

These guys should play 36 min a game together... The rest of the substitutions can come however Corbin desires for all I care.
Play these five together and the Jazz will rack up the wins to a first round home court advantage.

As far as Kanter.... He can rebound. Other than that, well, he can rebound and get blocked, BUT, he can freakin rebound. Lets see, what else can he do? He can grab the ball after an opponent misses a shot but that's about it. Did I mention he can rebound? At least he has that going for him...
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:21 am

aliveandkickin wrote:
As far as Kanter.... He can rebound. Other than that, well, he can rebound and get blocked, BUT, he can freakin rebound. Lets see, what else can he do? He can grab the ball after an opponent misses a shot but that's about it. Did I mention he can rebound? At least he has that going for him...

This is why we need Big Al off the bench with Enes for his scoring. Sign Ak for help D and we have best second unit in the game. Burks vet guard and where are golden! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:36 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

But Favors coming off the bench doesn't bring scoring like Harden does, not even close. Favors is developing offensively, but bringing offense off the bench isn't exactly his forte. But Al starting does bring leading scorer type offense, and some shot blocking. Just like what you said about Jimmer, Al too is what he is. And as dominant as Al is in the post, and rebounding and shotblocking, he needs help defensively. How much better can DFav make Al???? Man, come on, I know you have to at least think about it, hah.

But yea, I can't argue the Spurs point with you, you're right. Then again, as you know, they are the best at exploiting everything.
You dont think adding a big defender/rebounder to Al starting, and bringing a do everything Paul off the bench is the recipe for the "most" successful team?

If you start Paul and Favors, how are we going to run that offense??? Paul's not posting up, and Favors I dont think you can ride like that yet. And unless this team massively improves, we can't live with a team that is outside/in. No way we could start Paul and Favors together.

Wait, this is supposed to be the UnderKanter thread!!! scratch

Last edited by Mutangclan on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:41 pm

therawns wrote:
The biggest complaint I have had about Kanter is how he brings the ball down in the lane a lot. I love how he wants to overpower everybody in sight, but it hurt him at times last year. It seemed like after almost every offensive rebound a power dribble would come. That brings guards into the equation, where they can strip the ball. I want to see Kanter be able to get a board, and keep the ball above his head and go back up. Watch Bynum. he might be the best at keeping the ball high, where nobody can get to it. This is a fixable thing.

Overall, I was impressed with him. I did not expect to get much out of him. I was going into the season thinking that i would be nervous with him in the game. He still has a long way to go. However, how many 19 year old big men were ready from day one?

Great post Rawns. Agree completely. And when I heard an interview during summer league with him, it was awesome to hear that those are the exact things they are working on with him. Enes said exactly those same things, and how hard he's working etc.
I can't wait to watch him play this year.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:51 pm

ptaz66 wrote:

Many coaches, like Coach Sloan, even took this further by having fairly inflexable, set substitution rotations, wanting each player to know when they could expect to play and with whom they would be on the floor with. Likewise, many coaches shorten their rotations or benches during the play-offs, giving more time to the line-ups which have proven to be the most effective, while eliminating time for less effective line-ups and quite often some individual players.

Many folks thought the Spurs would win the Championship this last year simply because they had the best or most team chemistry and experience dealing with different situations as a unit. While they came up short, they certainly made an impressive run and anyone watching them play got to see a well coached, experienced, unified team at work.

My hope is the Jazz Coaching Staff enter training camp with open minds, and let the players, through their play, decide who starts with whom, who plays where, and for how many minutes. I'd prefer they start the same five guys every night, then, using the strengths of each player and the strengths of various line-ups, make adjustments as needed within each individual game itself.

Wow, great post Ptaz. You got a reputation point!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:56 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
Good debate from some smart people. Love seeing Magnus and Tang go at it. I'd start all three; Sap, Favors, and Big Al. It's their best defensive unit and all three should be their best offensive unit as well when they're in.......including Mo and Hayward.

These guys should play 36 min a game together... The rest of the substitutions can come however Corbin desires for all I care.
Play these five together and the Jazz will rack up the wins to a first round home court advantage.

Hey those Pistons, the Bad Boys and the Bad Boys 2.0 all said that Rodman and Ben Wallace were one of the biggest parts to their championships. Invaluable parts. Here we have a 19 year old, with 5% body fat, a good jumper and massive size and ZERO experience and coaching, that already showed an all star talent in rebounding (possessions). I mean, would someone have picked Rodman or Ben Wallace at number 3 in hindsight in their drafts??? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

Also it's been reported that Kanter is not returning the calls from the Turkish Team. Great news for the Jazz and much better for Enes to concentrate on coaching and getting better. Also, that Turkish team was the biggest joke I had ever seen. Consistently taking horrible shots and not going to Enes who dominated down low. Joke of a team.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:59 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
therawns wrote:

Great post Rawns. Agree completely. And when I heard an interview during summer league with him, it was awesome to hear that those are the exact things they are working on with him. Enes said exactly those same things, and how hard he's working etc.

I can't wait to watch him play this year.

I didnt even know he talked about it. Great minds think alike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UnderKanter Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter Empty

Back to top Go down

UnderKanter
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: