Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  UnderKanter - Page 7 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UnderKanter

Go down 
+16
Calgary Jazz
Romoholic
Trollificus
vryadli
zero24gravity
aliveandkickin
rorybreaker
ptaz66
Saint Louis
therawns
Sampaguy
TheMagnus
MTJazz
dongibby
Richardale
Mutangclan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

UnderKanter - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Fun fact #2

Last season Jonas Valanciunas played a grand total of 540 minutes in the 2ND best league in Europe last year, and a combined total of 590 minutes in the Baltic and VTB leagues.

Fun Fact #3

Last season Enes Kanter played over 900 minutes in the NBA.

Not true again:

2011-2012 Lietuvos Rytas 69 54 23.2 4.0-6.5 .623 0.0-0.0 .000 3.6-4.4 .803 10.93 2.29 5.06 7.35 0.78 0.51 1.67 2.72 1.94 11.72

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Jonas_Valanciunas/

69 games 23 min a game equals 1587min. Plus add all national team games he played this summer.

Take it up with Eurobasket/USBasket, they are supposed to be THE source for Euro info, perhaps some 19 of those games were in "lesser" leagues?

http://www.usbasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=USA&PlayerID=129294

And I seem to remember somebody scoffing with scorn about "games that don't matter", now you want to count friendlies?

Fine, I counted Summer League so you get friendlies, and I did forget about the qualifier...so lets update Fact #1

Fact #1

Enes Kanter had just as much "Game time" this summer as Jonas Valanciunas.

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
[

I'm am 100% convinced that you have the worst sense of humor of any person I've never met.

What my taste for women has to do with humor? I would never be jealous of such an ugly chick. Honestly, she is disgusting.

don't worry about it Calg, and you don't need to say any more, you've already proven my point.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:06 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Fine, I counted Summer League so you get friendlies, and I did forget about the qualifier...so lets update Fact #1

Fact #1

LOL, so 6 games in Summer league is same as about 20 games Jonas had with National team? Whatever makes you happy man:)
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Fact #1

LOL, so 6 games in Summer league is same as about 20 games Jonas had with National team? Whatever makes you happy man:)

Um, game time is game time buddy, and the fact that Kanter had as much of it in 6 games as Jonas did in 20 speaks volumes, wouldn't you say?

Not to mention the fact that Kanters games were played by NBA rules, with his NBA teamates, while JV was playing by FIBA rules and a bunch of guys he won't see until next summer.

So perhaps you are right, in this case 6 is probably MORE than 20.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

You're just jealous...

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/244247343283707905/photo/1

wow, do you really have such a bad taste? That chick is so freaking ugly. On the other hand Kanter is not most handsome man either so that is match made in heaven, lol.

If JV and Kanter was locked up together JV would be Kanter bitch! LMAO. Kanter will never see that side of a jail sail unlike your boy, Kinda looks like JV was made somebody bit ch?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
[

I'm am 100% convinced that you have the worst sense of humor of any person I've never met.

What my taste for women has to do with humor? I would never be jealous of such an ugly chick. Honestly, she is disgusting.

She's no "Romo profile pic chick"...... but ugly and disgusting? Last time I had my vision checked it was 20/13, but maybe I need to go back and get the ol' eyes checked again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:11 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Not to mention the fact that Kanters games were played by NBA rules, with his NBA teamates, while JV was playing by FIBA rules and a bunch of guys he won't see until next summer.

ok so how many teammates Kanter played with? Burks, Carroll ( who got inured and did not play much), Murphy and Evans? Not a lot I must say.
And JV played on national team with his Toronto Raptors teammate Linas Kleiza.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

She's no "Romo profile pic chick"...... but ugly and disgusting? Last time I had my vision checked it was 20/13, but maybe I need to go back and get the ol' eyes checked again.

Just look at that face affraid Body is ok I guess... so after 10 or so drinks if you put bag on her head you could do her from behind...otherwise... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:40 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Just look at that face affraid Body is ok I guess... so after 10 or so drinks if you put bag on her head you could do her from behind...otherwise... Evil or Very Mad

And Picture JV the whole time?
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 am

Romoholic wrote:

and that is me being juvenile and lame? Weak, romo, weak.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

and that is me being juvenile and lame? Weak, romo, weak.

No Cal you being juvenile and lame is when you are going after the girl he is with get the ****** over it for hell sake's, you are acting like a little spoiled Kid grow the hell up.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 am

dongibby wrote:

No Cal you being juvenile and lame is when you are going after the girl he is with get the ****** over it for hell sake's, you are acting like a little spoiled Kid grow the hell up.

huh... she is ugly. Period. No matter who would be hugging her - AK, JV, Millsap, Favors or any other player in NBA. Kanter has nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:03 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:

pig
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:21 am

Fact #4

This summer was the first time Jonas Valanciunas actually played "top tier" basketball.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:25 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Fact #4

This summer was the first time Jonas Valanciunas actually played "top tier" basketball.

Oh snap.....
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 am

Lets play a game shall we? I guess it's not really a game, more like a taste test....

I'm going to give you some information about two players and then ask a question...

Player #1

As a starter for his national team he averaged less than 15 minutes a game, but he would likely have played more had he not done so much fouling (in one game he fouled out in 6 minutes). Here are his numbers from this summers Olympic qualifier and Olympics:

Player #1 per 36 minutes:

15.5 pts, 10.5 reb, 1.2 blks, .3 ast, 3.9 TO, and 8.1 PF on 59% fg and 52% FT

And even though that is a small sample size it is consistent with his performance in other leagues.

Player #2

This player was a rotation player in the NBA last season. He averaged 13 minutes a game against mostly NBA second unit players who are of the same calliber (heck, many of them were actually the same guys) as the players on most of the nation teams Player #1 was up against.

Player #2 per 36 minutes:

12.5 pts, 11.5 reb, .9 blk, .3 ast, 2.2 TO, and 3.6 PF, on 50% shooting and 66% FT

These are definately two very different players, playing two very different styles, one chosen 3rd in the draft, one chosen 5th, and it's pretty obvious they both have serious NBA potential.

So here's the question, who would you think needs "game time" and experience MORE?

Is it the player that is not finnishing as well as he should around the basket or hitting his jump shots consistently... or is it the player that can't stay on the court because he's fouling so much and who turns the ball over at nearly double the rate of most of his peers?

Take your time, there are no wrong answers....
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:37 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Fact #4

Fiction again. Seriously, Euroleague and especially European championship is considered by most higher level competition then Olympics. Yes, there is no USA, but there is no Nigeria/Tunisia or China either. Look at what players JV played against in Eurobasket 2011 - Gasol brothers, Ibaka, Kaman, Nowitzki, Noah... how come it is not top tier basketball?
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:45 am

TheMagnus wrote:

And even though that is a small sample size it is consistent with his performance in other leagues.

No, it is not consistent or reflective at all. His FT% was 80% last year and year before ( he was always good FT shooter, so small number of FT he took while playing in Olympics is not trully telling how good of FT shooter he is). Way less fouls, way less TO. More pts and more rebounds.
Not sure why you so focusing on few bad games he had this summer with national team where he had very limited role. Why don't we wait for NBA season to start and then we will have better idea.
Remember some players are suited better for NBA game then others, as you know it is totally different officiating, rules, etc...For example Rubio stats in last years Eurobasket was disaster, did not matter at all for his NBA debut.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:55 am

TheMagnus wrote:

So here is his numbers per 36 minutes in last years 69 games in all leagues he played. Much more reflective then 10 game sample you provided:
18.15pts, 11.4reb, 2.59blk, 1.21ast, 0.77stl, 3.0 TO, 4.2 PF, on 62.3% fg and 80.3FT.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

No, it is not consistent or reflective at all. His FT% was 80% last year and year before ( he was always good FT shooter, so small number of FT he took while playing in Olympics is not trully telling how good of FT shooter he is). Way less fouls, way less TO. More pts and more rebounds.
Not sure why you so focusing on few bad games he had this summer with national team where he had very limited role. Why don't we wait for NBA season to start and then we will have better idea.
Remember some players are suited better for NBA game then others, as you know it is totally different officiating, rules, etc...For example Rubio stats in last years Eurobasket was disaster, did not matter at all for his NBA debut.

Not sure why you are so willing to dismiss them...

And I said "representative"(thanks for proving that by the way), better competition should naturally = lower numbers, JV is no exception . Besides, with the exception of FT's they are VERY representative, when the competition goes up, so do JV's fouls and turnovers.

And I think it his hillarious that you think I am bashing him, when I think he is going ot be a great player, and all I have done is compare him to Kanter. It's classic cognitive dissonance. In your mind Kanter sucks and JV is awesome, so when you see that your guy isn't measurably better the logical answers like "maybe Kanter soesn't suck so bad after all" or "maybe my guy isn't the awesomest thing since sliced bread" don't compute and threaten to shatter your cherished world view. So rather than accepting the logical conclusion you turn to logical fallacies and excuses.

Last edited by TheMagnus on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Fact #4

Fiction again. Seriously, Euroleague and especially European championship is considered by most higher level competition then Olympics. Yes, there is no USA, but there is no Nigeria/Tunisia or China either. Look at what players JV played against in Eurobasket 2011 - Gasol brothers, Ibaka, Kaman, Nowitzki, Noah... how come it is not top tier basketball?

There you go lying again (we're both having some trouble getting this story straight aren't we?), JV NEVER PLAYED IN THE EUROLEAGUE. I had a bad source and forgot about his Eurobasket 2011 stint, but his numbers and role with his team were even worse than his numbers this summer, and they further reinforce the "representitive and consistent" statement I made earlier, so do you really want me to go there?
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:25 pm

[quote="TheMagnus. In your mind Kanter sucks and JV is awesome.[/quote]

Not true. Neither Kanter sucks nor JV is awesome yet. In my mind JV was better pick for the Jazz as he has higher ceiling and will have better NBA career then Kanter, thats it.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:26 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

So here's the question, who would you think needs "game time" and experience MORE?
Is it the player that is not finnishing as well as he should around the basket or hitting his jump shots consistently... or is it the player that can't stay on the court because he's fouling so much and who turns the ball over at nearly double the rate of most of his peers?

Take your time, there are no wrong answers....

hey Calg, you never answered the question...
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:29 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
. In your mind Kanter sucks and JV is awesome.

Not true. Neither Kanter sucks nor JV is awesome yet. In my mind JV was better pick for the Jazz as he has higher ceiling and will have better NBA career then Kanter, thats it.

Then why are we arguing about this? Where is your critique of JV's choices and play? Where is your positive analyisis of what Kanter bings to the table? How come you can't see Kanter's name without a negative comment?

Your actions betray the feelings your words try to hide.

Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:30 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
There you go lying again (we're both having some trouble getting this story straight aren't we?), JV NEVER PLAYED IN THE EUROLEAGUE. I had a bad source and forgot about his Eurobasket 2011 stint, but his numbers and role with his team were even worse than his numbers this summer, and they further reinforce the "representitive and consistent" statement I made earlier, so do you really want me to go there?

magnus, why you arguing?
Check his stats, he played more minutes in Eurobasket 2011 and had way better stats then this summer. He schooled Kaman and Kristic in those games.

http://www.eurobasket2011.com/en/cid_4,w7QjPeH-M,ty138LH2l3.teamID_2135.compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2011.roundID_7526.playerID_62134.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DkzWofJkZk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Bunu1lUoE&feature=relmfu

I already told you he played in Euroleague 2010-2011 season, not last season as his team did not make it. Here is links for his stats:

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=000898

I think you owe me apology for calling me liar.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

UnderKanter
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: