Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  UnderKanter - Page 6 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UnderKanter

Go down 
+16
Calgary Jazz
Romoholic
Trollificus
vryadli
zero24gravity
aliveandkickin
rorybreaker
ptaz66
Saint Louis
therawns
Sampaguy
TheMagnus
MTJazz
dongibby
Richardale
Mutangclan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Zoonie
Rookie

UnderKanter - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

And especially if the body work, the outward sign of his commitment, reflects his hoops learning over the summer. I mean seriously, is there a guy in the league that tall and ripped right now? What if his drop step is equally worked on? All I can say, is "Good work Mr. Kanter." Totally agree, we have a number 3 pick who already showed signs that he can be the best rebounder in the league. Can't wait to see what he has added to his offensive game. With a body like that he can learn to own the cylinder space and backboard. We never said that about Fes, Osterdog, etc., etc. Just kinda know this kid is going to be ready to ball come season tip off.

Good question MT: is there???? Anyone???? I can't think of anyone that size, that ripped, that strong. And agile.
Working with Kiki he's getting a ton of offense type stuff to add to that physique.
This kid is going to be monster when he gets in there.....man I can't wait!

Another thing, these are also the types of things KOC obviously saw and why he picked him at 3. This kid is doing everything right so far......

one man comes to mind who is very similar to kanter in height and body type, but I don't think he has worked as hard as kanter the season to get ripped, and that man is Nikola Pekovic on the timberwolves, the dude is a brick wall, very solid rebounder and has a nice strong low post game, last year I really saw kanter turning into a pekovic type of center ( which I wouldn't mind, I really like Pekovics game and he compliments k love very well) but now I see him turning into a Pekovic type player but much better than pekovic. And if I remember correctly pekovic shut down Al Jeff every time we played the t wolves because he plays great position D and doesn't fall for fakes which is very similar to how kanter plays D. What do you guys think about this comparison??? I would like to know if other people feel the same way
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Zoonie wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

And especially if the body work, the outward sign of his commitment, reflects his hoops learning over the summer. I mean seriously, is there a guy in the league that tall and ripped right now? What if his drop step is equally worked on? All I can say, is "Good work Mr. Kanter." Totally agree, we have a number 3 pick who already showed signs that he can be the best rebounder in the league. Can't wait to see what he has added to his offensive game. With a body like that he can learn to own the cylinder space and backboard. We never said that about Fes, Osterdog, etc., etc. Just kinda know this kid is going to be ready to ball come season tip off.

Good question MT: is there???? Anyone???? I can't think of anyone that size, that ripped, that strong. And agile.
Working with Kiki he's getting a ton of offense type stuff to add to that physique.
This kid is going to be monster when he gets in there.....man I can't wait!

Another thing, these are also the types of things KOC obviously saw and why he picked him at 3. This kid is doing everything right so far......

one man comes to mind who is very similar to kanter in height and body type, but I don't think he has worked as hard as kanter the season to get ripped, and that man is Nikola Pekovic on the timberwolves, the dude is a brick wall, very solid rebounder and has a nice strong low post game, last year I really saw kanter turning into a pekovic type of center ( which I wouldn't mind, I really like Pekovics game and he compliments k love very well) but now I see him turning into a Pekovic type player but much better than pekovic. And if I remember correctly pekovic shut down Al Jeff every time we played the t wolves because he plays great position D and doesn't fall for fakes which is very similar to how kanter plays D. What do you guys think about this comparison??? I would like to know if other people feel the same way

Yea man, I can agree with that for sure (rep point! Smile Thats a good comparison. I think Pekovic may have been more polished last year.....emphasis LAST YEAR, but yes good comparison. Pekovic isn't is as good a shape though. But size wise yea.
Kanter even last year didn't go for the fakes and just played position D, which is nice to see. Kanter is more athletic, and better jumper for sure too. But thats pretty sweet if at 20 years, he being as good as Pekovic is likely, and being better eventually is likely, then we have a solid to very good starting Center on our hands.
Back to top Go down
Zoonie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Yessir Mr. Mutang, what kanter has done with his body at only 20 years old is amazing. He is probably the biggest, most ripped 20 year on the planet. And yes kanter is more athletic and can jump better and is most likley stronger at this point, but I think Pekovic seems stronger because while Kanter is great at positioning and using his leverage I still think pekovic is better at using his leverage so he seems stronger and more of a brick wall, I hope kanter proves me wrong and i think he just might
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Zoonie wrote:
Yessir Mr. Mutang, what kanter has done with his body at only 20 years old is amazing. He is probably the biggest, most ripped 20 year on the planet. And yes kanter is more athletic and can jump better and is most likley stronger at this point, but I think Pekovic seems stronger because while Kanter is great at positioning and using his leverage I still think pekovic is better at using his leverage so he seems stronger and more of a brick wall, I hope kanter proves me wrong and i think he just might

Its going to be fun watching this man-child compete against big vets. I think most of them will underestimate them. And from what I believe Kiki will show him, along with all the other training he gets, I think this will be the biggest problem Ty has next year, and thats finding minutes for him. Burks too.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Zoonie wrote:

Its going to be fun watching this man-child compete against big vets. I think most of them will underestimate them. And from what I believe Kiki will show him, along with all the other training he gets, I think this will be the biggest problem Ty has next year, and thats finding minutes for him. Burks too.

Wouldn't it just suck if Kanter demanded minutes Very Happy ? I mean all of the sudden the mix and match options in the paint are ridiculous. If Kanter could put up 14 PPG and 10 RBS this year it gives the Jazz nice options for either mid-season or off-season roster adjustments. (Finding minutes is not my headache, on you, TY). Gonna guess that if he does demand minutes the Jazz will have to go with youth and probably part ways with Al. Could it work out, in the future, that both Kanter and Favors are PF/C's? Manning the C by committee, with Sap doing his Sap thing, either at PF or slipping to SF? The question I would then ask, how would the Jazz replace the legit post threat of Big Al? I think we all mostly agree that the Jazz need an inside-outside game so the scoring load is balanced. It's a tricky question to figure out what position or player would be worth spending the Big Al bucks on to compliment the two young towers. Another scoring PF, almost starter type? That would create a pretty sick 1-2 punch. All this assumes that the Jazz actually do have upgraded wings in Williams, Heyward and Burks..and Kanter shows he can score along with his rebounding prowess. Thoughts, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Zoonie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Good post MT and my thoughts on how we replace big Als post scoring is by having 2-3 big men that are all good post scorers but not great like al. I think favors will be a really good post scorer this year and maybe great in another year or two, he just won't have te finess post game that big al has. I think kanter will be a mix and match with finess and power, it just depends on how well they get their footwork down because they both had a traveling problem last year. But if these two play a few years together and build chemisty I think they can be a dynamic duo. Then with the 3rd option I like millsap but we won't be able to keep all 3 of those bigs for the next 5 years because we are going to have to resign Hayward and burks, and Hayward and favors are both going to get at least 8 mill a year at minimum and I think favors won't get any less than 10. But if we could pick up a vet like Nick Collison for 3-4 million a year I think we could be very solid at the post. Plus just the fact that al jeffs bad D won't be there will make up for his post scoring becase I have honestly felt that al jeff gives up just as many points a game as he scores. Which I hate that about him because I really like the guy as a person, he is a fun loving nice guy, and I love his offensive talent, but to me his D is too much of a deficiency and you can't win a championship if you can't protect the basket, unless your given the ring which will never happen for Utah
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Here a pichure of Cal jazz boy!!! wowUnderKanter - Page 6 Ps639
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:10 am

Richardale wrote:

Here a pichure of Cal jazz boy!!! wowUnderKanter - Page 6 Ps639

Nice find, and I hope you don't mind richard, I had to fix that link because it was messing up my browser.

That's something we haven't discussed in all of this back and for with Calg, how his bromantic interest JV played against top tier competition in the Olympics, and how he never played in the Euroleague as Calg seems to constantly imply.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:06 am

I dont know if I agree, that Al's D gives up more than what he offers up with his O. I think its' more a positive personally. But regardless, if Al was moved we have Paul/Kanter/Fav in the post. I just dont see any of them as a solid post scorer. Its a scary thought honestly. I dont know if Fav will become that guy down low, and it concerns me. I actually have more faith in Kanter becoming somewhat of a go-to scorer. Then again, if both he and Fav can become semi-ok post scorers, then as a combo, they could be good enough as long as we have solid wings and point. But if Al is moved, then there is all the eggs in one basket with Fav/Kanter that one or the combo will become very good. I'm concerned with that thought....
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:08 am

TheMagnus wrote:

Nice find, and I hope you don't mind richard, I had to fix that link because it was messing up my browser.

That's something we haven't discussed in all of this back and for with Calg, how his bromantic interest JV played against top tier competition in the Olympics, and how he never played in the Euroleague as Calg seems to constantly imply.

Hahahahahaah, what the!!???? JV got arrested???? For what? When?
That is hysterical. While Kanter is doing everything right, saying all the right things, working out like a beast going from state to state for different training, and Calgary reaching by trying to rip on him for working out. Here comes Jv, getting locked up?? Kanter you idiot!!!! Working out, Pilates, getting stronger and faster!!!! IDIOT!!!! Should be getting locked up, thats how you get better!! Man....I better stop.....

Never played in the Euroleague......yea, how about that?
Back to top Go down
Zoonie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:00 am

Mutangclan wrote:
I dont know if I agree, that Al's D gives up more than what he offers up with his O. I think its' more a positive personally. But regardless, if Al was moved we have Paul/Kanter/Fav in the post. I just dont see any of them as a solid post scorer. Its a scary thought honestly. I dont know if Fav will become that guy down low, and it concerns me. I actually have more faith in Kanter becoming somewhat of a go-to scorer. Then again, if both he and Fav can become semi-ok post scorers, then as a combo, they could be good enough as long as we have solid wings and point. But if Al is moved, then there is all the eggs in one basket with Fav/Kanter that one or the combo will become very good. I'm concerned with that thought....

good post and I can see your side of things, but I don't think we need a go to scorer, our team has so many talented players I think it would be bad for the team to have a guy getting 20-25 points a game. Plus although al is a great 1 on 1 post scorer he isn't great at executing plays, I feel he doesn't want o run around and set picks ad whatnot, he like to get the ball on the block or 5 feet behind the block and work within a box by holding the ball for too long and jabbing and faking until he gets an opening to put the ball up. But it's just my opinion, I believe that we need to get rid of Jefferson to ultimately beco
e true contenders, I would like to feel differently because I do like the guy a lot but I can't change how i think and process these things in my mind
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

I actually think Kanter might be the guy to fill that role offensively. He's got a little ways to go, but he's shown flashes and with his footwork and strength I think he will be very good in the post.

I would also point out that in spite of Jeffersons reported post dominance he hasn't shot over 50% from the field in 4 years and he doesn't draw very many fouls. Boozer was significantly more efficient offensively in the post, and Millsap scores more efficiently than Jefferson using his combination of jumpers, face up moves, and off the ball cutting.

But here's the thing that makes Jefferson a difference maker (and the thing I think you are really talking about), he is a guy that you can go to in the clutch, he's a guy you can go to when you need a bucket, and you know he's going to get a good shot.

Check this out, I went over to 82Games.com where they calculate "clutch" statistics, over the last 4 years in situations where the game was within 5 points with less than 5 minutes left in the game Jeffersons FG% actually goes UP to 55%. When he shoots the ball with less than 10 seconds on the shot clock, you guessed it, his FG% actually goes UP.

Simply put, he's one of the best clutch finishers in the NBA. That's the thing that the Jazz won't be able to easily replace. Millsap will hit big shots, but he's more of an opportunist rather than a guy you can just get the ball to and tell him to score it. I don't think Kanter or Favors will ever be that guy, they just don't seem to have that natural offensive killer mindset (it really is something you can't teach), but I might be wrong. If the Jazz lose Jefferson then I think you have to look to the wings, I think Burks has some potential to be a guy like that, Mo Williams has shown some of that throughout his career, but I think that is were the loss of Jefferson will leave the biggest hole.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

That is hysterical. While Kanter is doing everything right, saying all the right things, working out like a beast going from state to state for different training, and Calgary reaching by trying to rip on him for working out. Here comes Jv, getting locked up?? Kanter you idiot!!!! Working out, Pilates, getting stronger and faster!!!! IDIOT!!!! Should be getting locked up, thats how you get better!! Man....I better stop.....

To funny how people who have no information start making wrong conclusions from one picture. This picture was part of social add in Lithuania against selling alcohol for teenagers.. There was another picture with him in Lithuania uniform side by side and the idea was about right and wrong choices - like, selling alcohol to teenagers you can kill future talents of national team or something like that
http://www.15min.lt/gallery/show/jonas-valanciunas-tapo-socialines-akcijos-veidu-25298

JV played in Euroleague - in 2010-2011 season. His team did not make it to Euroleague last season so he played in second strongest competition in Europe - Eurocup.
Olympics? He never got minutes. His coach went with small lineups and used him sparingly. All of that is irrelevant as he has trust of the coach and minutes waiting in Raptors. Here what Raptors coach Casey had to say in recent interview - as I am in Canada I am exposed to Raptors news more then you folks:
"Very excited about Valanciunas (will be in Toronto next week), he's another player that can run the floor very well which helps with what they want to do offensively. He's extremely competetive, aggressive and quick for his size which is rare. He will need to slow down a little, as many rookies have a tendancy to do everything in a hurried fashion. We want him to slow down a little which allows him to take it up to another level when he needs to. His biggest problem will be learning how to defend at the NBA level vs defending in Europe and fouls will probably be a problem, at least early in the season. Offensively he is raw but has great instincts, he loves contact and is great on screen and rolls."
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Richardale wrote:

Here a pichure of Cal jazz boy!!!

Here is picture of your boy Richard, lol difference is this is real and not social add;)

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/244246376962211840
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

To funny how people who have no information start making wrong conclusions from one picture. This picture was part of social add in Lithuania for teenagers against drinking and driving. There was another picture with him in Raptors uniform side by side and the idea was about right and wrong choices - like, you can chose to work hard and achieve your dreams like playing in NBA or you can drink and get in trouble.
JV played in Euroleague - in 2010-2011 season. His team did not make it to Euroleague last season so he played in second strongest competition in Europe - Eurocup.
Olympics? He never got minutes. His coach went with small lineups and used him sparingly. All of that is irrelevant as he has trust of the coach and minutes waiting in Raptors. Here what Raptors coach Casey had to say in recent interview - as I am in Canada I am exposed to Raptors news more then you folks:
"Very excited about Valanciunas (will be in Toronto next week), he's another player that can run the floor very well which helps with what they want to do offensively. He's extremely competetive, aggressive and quick for his size which is rare. He will need to slow down a little, as many rookies have a tendancy to do everything in a hurried fashion. We want him to slow down a little which allows him to take it up to another level when he needs to. His biggest problem will be learning how to defend at the NBA level vs defending in Europe and fouls will probably be a problem, at least early in the season. Offensively he is raw but has great instincts, he loves contact and is great on screen and rolls."

Irrelevant?

Irrelevant to a conversation where you talk about "playing at the highest levels of competition"?

Irrelevant to a conversation where you criticize one player for not playing for his national team (that wasn't even playing in the Olympics), and then dismiss the experience of another his same age (and supposedly better) because he didn't get any minutes?

And nice quote by the way, did any of that sink in for you, or are you still expecting him to come into the NBA this year and light the thing on fire and vindicate your "Kanters not worth a #3" hating? People are comparing him to Tyson Chandler, I think that is probably a pretty good comparison.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/chandty01.html

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

Here a pichure of Cal jazz boy!!!

Here is picture of your boy Richard, lol difference is this is real and not social add;)

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/244246376962211840

You're just jealous...

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/244247343283707905/photo/1
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Fun Fact #1

[Update]
Enes Kanter got 3x more just as much "game time" than as Jonas Valanciunas did this summer.

Last edited by TheMagnus on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:16 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

You're just jealous...

wow, do you really have such a bad taste? That chick is so freaking ugly. On the other hand Kanter is not most handsome man either so that is match made in heaven, lol.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Fun fact #2

Last season Jonas Valanciunas played a grand total of 540 minutes in the 2ND best league in Europe last year, and a combined total of 590 minutes in the Baltic and VTB leagues.

Fun Fact #3

Last season Enes Kanter played over 900 minutes in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

You're just jealous...

wow, do you really have such a bad taste? That chick is so freaking ugly. On the other hand Kanter is not most handsome man either so that is match made in heaven, lol.

I'm am 100% convinced that you have the worst sense of humor of any person I've never met.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:20 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Irrelevant?

Irrelevant to a conversation where you talk about "playing at the highest levels of competition"?

Irrelevant to a conversation where you criticize one player for not playing for his national team (that wasn't even playing in the Olympics), and then dismiss the experience of another his same age (and supposedly better) because he didn't get any minutes?

Compare how many minutes in last two years Kanter played vs Valanciunas and see who needed it more. Valanciunas played non stop for last two years including domestic leagues, European leagues and national team games.
And I do not dismiss his experience in Olympics. Even sitting on the bench and playing limited minutes in Olympics is better then doing Pilates, lol.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Irrelevant?

Compare how many minutes in last two years Kanter played vs Valanciunas and see who needed it more. Valanciunas played non stop for last two years including domestic leagues, European leagues and national team games.
And I do not dismiss his experience in Olympics. Even sitting on the bench and playing limited minutes in Olympics is better then doing Pilates, lol.

Way ahead of you champ...
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:23 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Fun Fact #1
Enes Kanter got 3x more "game time" than Jonas Valanciunas did this summer.

Not true. You forgeting friendly games for National team and Olympic qualifying tournament in Venezuela.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Fun fact #2

Last season Jonas Valanciunas played a grand total of 540 minutes in the 2ND best league in Europe last year, and a combined total of 590 minutes in the Baltic and VTB leagues.

Fun Fact #3

Last season Enes Kanter played over 900 minutes in the NBA.

Not true again:

2011-2012 Lietuvos Rytas 69 54 23.2 4.0-6.5 .623 0.0-0.0 .000 3.6-4.4 .803 10.93 2.29 5.06 7.35 0.78 0.51 1.67 2.72 1.94 11.72

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Jonas_Valanciunas/International/24239/2012/By_Split/Per_Game/By_Month/0/All_Leagues#ixzz260CoROw8

69 games 23 min a game equals 1587min. Plus add all national team games he played this summer.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:31 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
[

I'm am 100% convinced that you have the worst sense of humor of any person I've never met.

What my taste for women has to do with humor? I would never be jealous of such an ugly chick. Honestly, she is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

UnderKanter
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: