Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  UnderKanter - Page 13 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UnderKanter

Go down 
+16
Calgary Jazz
Romoholic
Trollificus
vryadli
zero24gravity
aliveandkickin
rorybreaker
ptaz66
Saint Louis
therawns
Sampaguy
TheMagnus
MTJazz
dongibby
Richardale
Mutangclan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

UnderKanter - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

BOTTOM LINE: Kanter? EFFECTIVE AND HELPED HIS TEAM WIN.
BOTTOM LINE: JV? INEFFECTIVE AND COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT IN THE GAME.

I really wish I would have rememberd to set my dvr up to record it Sad

I can tell you how it went Romo. Enes looked great, only helped his team, played very good D, just about a double double, 1 turnover. Kid looked great, could compete just fine with the men, and appears ready to go.

And even though only one person on here cares, JV looked terrible. Couldn't do anything against Kanter, or anyone else. Even got beat down the court by UnderKanter for a break away layup. It was hysterical, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:27 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

I can tell you how it went Romo. Enes looked great, only helped his team, played very good D, just about a double double, 1 turnover. Kid looked great, could compete just fine with the men, and appears ready to go.

And even though only one person on here cares, JV looked terrible. Couldn't do anything against Kanter, or anyone else. Even got beat down the court by UnderKanter for a break away layup. It was hysterical, to be honest.

So 4 FT he made after Kanter fouled him is could not do anything? Two offensive rebounds he grabbed over Kanter is nothing? Kanter scored that one layup vs JV at the end of the game, missed 3 jumpers vs him and got 5!!! shots blocked by other Raptors. And he did not grab any offensive rebounds while matched vs JV. He did all his damage vs Bargnani, Johnson and rest of the crew. Not against JV.
And how you can do anything when all you get is 19min and 2 FG attempts? Raptors did not involve JV in their offense at all - they were stupid enough to try to matchup with Jazz small ball and perimeter game. Single time he got post up position he scored layup over Millsap easily, but of course Raptors did not have any brains to use it to their advantage.

Here is Kanter's points Romo, see how many came against JV for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa16CQUocT8
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

So 4 FT he made after Kanter fouled him is could not do anything? Two offensive rebounds he grabbed over Kanter is nothing? Kanter scored that one layup vs JV at the end of the game, missed 3 jumpers vs him and got 5!!! shots blocked by other Raptors. And he did not grab any offensive rebounds while matched vs JV. He did all his damage vs Bargnani, Johnson and rest of the crew. Not against JV.
And how you can do anything when all you get is 19min and 2 FG attempts? Raptors did not involve JV in their offense at all - they were stupid enough to try to matchup with Jazz small ball and perimeter game. Single time he got post up position he scored layup over Millsap easily, but of course Raptors did not have any brains to use it to their advantage.

Hahahahaha, you're right!!! Kanter DID do all his damage against Bargs and Amir and the other guys....who are better players than JV!!! Hahahaha.

But hey, mmmm yea, 4 free throws......2 offensive rebs.....VERY impressive outing from JV......

He couldn't even rebound with Kanter in there......

I know it burns deep Calgary, but be honest with yourself: Who was the better player? Kanter. And that was exactly ONE start.....JV has 20 under his belt. And a 19 year old to go against, and still was ineffective.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Hahahahaha, you're right!!! Kanter DID do all his damage against Bargs and Amir and the other guys....who are better players than JV!!! Hahahaha.

But hey, mmmm yea, 4 free throws......2 offensive rebs.....VERY impressive outing from JV......

I know it burns deep Calgary, but be honest with yourself: Who was the better player? Kanter. And that was exactly ONE start.....JV has 20 under his belt. And a 19 year old to go against, and still was ineffective.

It's not even close at this point! If Kanter was getting the kind of consistant playing time that JV is he would be even further along Basketball
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

BOTTOM LINE: Kanter? EFFECTIVE AND HELPED HIS TEAM WIN.
BOTTOM LINE: JV? INEFFECTIVE AND COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT IN THE GAME.

I really wish I would have rememberd to set my dvr up to record it Sad

Glad you're back Mu cheers
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

Are you really stupid or what? You just posted in your own post that he got two offensive rebounds vs Kanter and then next sentence is "he couldn't even rebound with Kanter there"? Sorry, but it was Kanter who could not rebound with JV in there. Yes, he got nice stats ( somehow you ignore 5!!!!!! blocked attempts) and played good game but not at expense of JV.
Again, where were you when Kanter sucked and JV had 22pts/7reb,3ast/3blks vs Duncan? Lets look at career numbers maybe? Who has better despite playing one season less and getting rookie treatment from refs?
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

Yes, Kanter was better in this game. And by the way who is 19 year old may I ask?
Why you overrating starts? So Ginobili has less starts then Hayward for example and you think that proves something? Lets look at total minutes played in NBA instead...
You can enjoy this short moment of glory while it lasts, I will still have last laugh when it is all said and done.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Can I get a freaking BIG TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kanter was awesome tonight, just awesome. Dominated, and I mean DOMINATED, the paint during his time on the court. Straight up frustrated Dwight Howard so bad in the 4th quarter that he couldn't do anything accept throw elbows and shove at Kanter. It was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:47 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Kanter was awesome tonight, just awesome. Dominated, and I mean DOMINATED, the paint during his time on the court. Straight up frustrated Dwight Howard so bad in the 4th quarter that he couldn't do anything accept throw elbows and shove at Kanter. It was beautiful.

God I would love to see Kanter get 30 mins a night, It's coming though!

He is showing why he was drafted 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Are you really stupid or what? You just posted in your own post that he got two offensive rebounds vs Kanter and then next sentence is "he couldn't even rebound with Kanter there"? Sorry, but it was Kanter who could not rebound with JV in there. Yes, he got nice stats ( somehow you ignore 5!!!!!! blocked attempts) and played good game but not at expense of JV.
Again, where were you when Kanter sucked and JV had 22pts/7reb,3ast/3blks vs Duncan? Lets look at career numbers maybe? Who has better despite playing one season less and getting rookie treatment from refs?

Ohhhh, boo hoo.....there's the usual Calgary response: name calling. Hah, so LAME!!
Every time you get the Kanter-punch in the gut, you get all pissy. Again, I'm sorry your Raptors and JV got crushed, but give it a rest. YOU were the one that was talking pre-season and off season about Toronto vs Utah....well we got it. And your guy and your team got SMOKED!!

Calgary, how do you compare the two, when Kanter is on a very good team, behind very good players, so he doesn't start. JV is on a shitty team, with no one to compete with, so he starts. NO COMPARISON!! Oh, wait, yes there is, that last game. When Kanter was a STUD ( Like I said he would be all last season) and your bf was completely ineffective. And he had his opportunity to go against lil ole Enes.....and SUCKED. Because my guy Enes, IS A STUD.

5 BA's?? Alright, sure. And how many offensive rebounds did he get? How many total rebounds?? Because JV didn't do shit. But you can't help yourself, have to find some negatives.

Hey, how about tonight???? JV up against one LA team, and Deandre Jordan. UnderKanter against the other LA team, and Dwight Howard. Hows that comparison, hmmmmm????

Big Turkey, UNDERKANTER is a STUD. I said he would be all year last year, and your inability to judge talent is all that showed.

I hope your Raptors turn it around though; really like that Lowry.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:00 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Yes, Kanter was better in this game. And by the way who is 19 year old may I ask?
Why you overrating starts? So Ginobili has less starts then Hayward for example and you think that proves something? Lets look at total minutes played in NBA instead...
You can enjoy this short moment of glory while it lasts, I will still have last laugh when it is all said and done.

I'm sorry....overrating what stats???

Oh, right. You'll have the last laugh next year, when Kanter proves you right and he is in the D league at best, but definitely off the Jazz. Oh and hey, you can REEEEEALLY laugh at me for saying all year last year that Gordo was going to be a very good player, you said he'd be off the Jazz after this year....how's ole Gordo doing anyway??? Maaaaan!!!! How stupid I was, saying that Gordo and Kanter BOTH would be STUDS!!!!! How DUMB!!! cheers

Yep, you might as well start that last laugh now, eh??? A hah....hah....haha.

Last edited by Mutangclan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 am

TheMagnus wrote:

What a great situation this team is in. Being able to bring Kanter along slowly, and still win games.
I was so pumped for this season, after Kanter finally got some big man camps and real coaching. And the kid is still a baby.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:03 am

Romoholic wrote:

Glad you're back Mu cheers

Hah, thanks, I do what I can Sleep
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:17 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Look at how much basketball the two have played over the last three years. JV has played a shit ton more and should be well ahead of Kanter as far as developing. If Kanter were getting the same minutes as JV he would be ahead of him in virtually ever category. If you really are a Jazz fan, which is really starting to come into question, why would you not just embrace Kanter and the player he is turning into? You should be happy as hell that you were wrong, and the Jazz have a very good young player!
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 am

Mutangclan wrote:
. YOU were the one that was talking pre-season and off season about Toronto vs Utah....well we got it. And your guy and your team got SMOKED!!

They are not my team first of all and second where were you after game in Toronto? JV 10pts, 100% FG and FT Kanter 1pt, 0%FG and 50% FT. One game does not mean Kanter is better you know.
Lets look at Hollingers stats - let him be the third person in this discussion and compare JV vs Kanter.

So JV has lower usage rate but higher PER, better true shooting percentage, better assist ratio, lower turnover ratio, better defensive rebounding ratio, better value added and better estimated vins added. ONLY advantage Kanter has is offensive rebounding rate and overall rebounding rate ( which I always agreed that he is better rebounder then JV). I am not even talking about FT%, stl and shot blocking where JV is better as well.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/c/sort/trueShootingPct/qualified/false
You were the one who wanted to compare their seasons - why now you trying to ignore simple overall stats and gushing about one game where Kanter was better? Talk to me in April IF Kanter has better season then JV.
As I said Kanter won one battle, JV is the one who winning the war so far.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 am

Romoholic wrote:
You should be happy as hell that you were wrong, and the Jazz have a very good young player!

How can I be happy when Jazz passed on player whom I consider much better prospect at center and much better fit for the Jazz then Kanter? And why do you say I was wrong? Is it set in stone ALREADY that Kanter was better pick? Hell no IMHO, it will take 2-3 years to be sure.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
You should be happy as hell that you were wrong, and the Jazz have a very good young player!

How can I be happy when Jazz passed on player whom I consider much better prospect at center and much better fit for the Jazz then Kanter? And why do you say I was wrong? Is it set in stone ALREADY that Kanter was better pick? Hell no IMHO, it will take 2-3 years to be sure.

This is the one that always gets me.

But I've finally put my finger on why calg is so damned annoying though, man is clearly a much bigger fan of his own opinions than he is of the Jazz. It's probably not just the Jazz, I'm sure he loves his own opinions more than pretty much everything, but it explains why such an obviously intelligent individual is constantly acting like a brain dead troll.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 am

For those who don't give a damn about who is better, but are genuinely interested in how these two players compare, here's the head to head stat comparison for JV and Kanter.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=kanteen01&y1=2013&p2=valanjo01&y2=2013

The link should work all year.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

This is the one that always gets me.

But I've finally put my finger on why calg is so damned annoying though, man is clearly a much bigger fan of his own opinions than he is of the Jazz. It's probably not just the Jazz, I'm sure he loves his own opinions more than pretty much everything, but it explains why such an obviously intelligent individual is constantly acting like a brain dead troll.

Well, bravo Mag. Somebody very obviously nailed that one. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:41 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Romoholic wrote:

Right right, why celebrate YOUR team and their very good young prospect that has exceeded all (ESPECIALLY YOURRRRRR) expectations??? Good point Calgary; why be an actual FAN of "your" team.....
Enjoy your opinions. I'll enjoy the UnderKanter.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
. YOU were the one that was talking pre-season and off season about Toronto vs Utah....well we got it. And your guy and your team got SMOKED!!

They are not my team first of all and second where were you after game in Toronto? JV 10pts, 100% FG and FT Kanter 1pt, 0%FG and 50% FT. One game does not mean Kanter is better you know.
Lets look at Hollingers stats - let him be the third person in this discussion and compare JV vs Kanter.

You were the one who wanted to compare their seasons - why now you trying to ignore simple overall stats and gushing about one game where Kanter was better? Talk to me in April IF Kanter has better season then JV.
As I said Kanter won one battle, JV is the one who winning the war so far.

Calgary, I'm not going to have baby debates with you. Kanter plays behind THREE very good players. JV plays behind nobody. Thats the bottom line, so your crying about the last Toronto game is ridiculous. We now have two matchups; the first being that Nike Summit whatever, where Kanter obliterated JV. But of course, to Calgary that doesn't count. Now we have an actual NBA, both starting players matchup. And now, of course that doesn't count too.

One of my favorites though is definitely "I've always said Kanter was a better rebounder" hahahahahaha, when what you actually said was that Kanter wouldn't be able to rebound like that in the NBA!! hahahaha.....num num num.

Kanter does not start, on a good team. JV starts on a bad team, even though he is sucking too. Its why we are going off of Per36min stats this year. But I'm sure you'll cry about that too......everything is everyone else's fault. Lately is JV getting the "rookie treatment"....um hmmm. Right.

Last edited by Mutangclan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 am

TheMagnus wrote:
For those who don't give a damn about who is better, but are genuinely interested in how these two players compare, here's the head to head stat comparison for JV and Kanter.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=kanteen01&y1=2013&p2=valanjo01&y2=2013

The link should work all year.

Thanks Magnus. And for the record, ONE MORE TIME, I dont give a SH*T about JV; because I"m a Jazz fan, and I am ecstatic (as I have been for a year) about the UnderKanter.

But since this is the Kanter thread, lets see what Kanter has been doing up next to Calgarys Raptors player JV........

Wait a second!!! Kanter has a higher FG%, Reb, STls, PTs and fouls less too??? And JV with all his shotblocking is basically tied with Enes??? But wait, JV has all that WINGSPAN!!!

Sad Calgary sad. JV was playing all that pro-ball, was so much smarter getting all that work in, Enes was "so dumb" for not going and playing more ball verses getting his body ready and working with pros, and yet......UnderKanter is still the better player.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
We now have two matchups; the first being that Nike Summit whatever, where Kanter obliterated JV. But of course, to Calgary that doesn't count.

Obviously it does not count as JV never played vs Kanter in Nike summit whatever.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

Wait a second!!! Kanter has a higher FG%, Reb, STls, PTs and fouls less too??? And JV with all his shotblocking is basically tied with Enes??? But wait, JV has all that WINGSPAN!!!

You obviously looking at per 36 min numbers which mean crap to me as low minute players never sustain their production per 36min. It is funny how you say that Kanter leading in steals, 0.5 vs 0.4 yet he is "basically tied" in blocks 1.3 vs 1.8. Very objective lol. Even per 36min JV has more then twice assists, Blocks, way less TO's, better FT% and most importantly he does it with much lower usage rate. Add into fact that he plays vs starters - means vs much better players then Kanter who plays second units 90% of the time and it is not even close.
Again, look at normal stats not per 36min. Nobody is handing contracts or awards based on per 36 min stats. Kanter has advantage in FG% thats it, everything else is JV who has upper hand. Again, do not forget that Kanter gets his stats vs second units while JV vs starters. To me it is very obvious who has better stats at this point. To bad your pink homer glasses blinding you.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Lately is JV getting the "rookie treatment"....um hmmm. Right.

He is getting rookie treatment since first game. Every game he gets called for 1-2 nonsense fouls or obvious fouls on him are not being called. Thats ok, it is not going to last forever, by next season it will be over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UnderKanter   UnderKanter - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

UnderKanter
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: