Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Free fall in Jazz Land

Go down 
+12
The Voice of Reason
Richardale
Calgary Jazz
Romoholic
rorybreaker
outerspacefan
Trollificus
dongibby
zero24gravity
TheMagnus
Mutangclan
MTJazz
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:20 am

<Sigh> I just took at deeper look at the remaining schedule & I think that finishing 7-12 is about as realistic as I can see it for the Jazz. This is assuming they play on a level somewhere between how they've played over the coarse of the season & how they've played over the past 2 weeks. The good news is, if you look at all the close losses & bad bounces they have endured over the past couple weeks, the law of averages says that the Jazz are due some good luck sometime soon as well. I'm hoping that good luck comes on ping-pong ball night & the Jazz get one of those top 3 picks ..... cause, as much as it pains me to say so, I don't see how the team will make the playoffs at this point. Sad

vs Detroit
@ Oklahoma City
vs Memphis
vs New York
@ Houston
@ San Antonio
@ Dallas
vs Philadelphia
vs Phoenix
@ Portland
vs Brooklyn
vs Portland
vs Denver
vs New Orleans
@ Golden State
vs Oklahoma City
vs Minnesota
@ Minnesota
@ Memphis
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 9:28 am

zero24gravity wrote:
<Sigh> I just took at deeper look at the remaining schedule & I think that finishing 7-12 is about as realistic as I can see it for the Jazz. This is assuming they play on a level somewhere between how they've played over the coarse of the season & how they've played over the past 2 weeks. The good news is, if you look at all the close losses & bad bounces they have endured over the past couple weeks, the law of averages says that the Jazz are due some good luck sometime soon as well. I'm hoping that good luck comes on ping-pong ball night & the Jazz get one of those top 3 picks ..... cause, as much as it pains me to say so, I don't see how the team will make the playoffs at this point. Sad

vs Detroit
@ Oklahoma City
vs Memphis
vs New York
@ Houston
@ San Antonio
@ Dallas
vs Philadelphia
vs Phoenix
@ Portland
vs Brooklyn
vs Portland
vs Denver
vs New Orleans
@ Golden State
vs Oklahoma City
vs Minnesota
@ Minnesota
@ Memphis

Yeah, looking at that line-up, hard to believe they can even go 0.500. There's what, like 3 gimme games, (Minny twice, though Love, Pek and and AK may all be back, suddenly not so gimme). Who here thinks the Jazz have it in them to suddenly rise up and start beating good teams, home much less away? I think this last roady was the season killer. Unfortunately, I don't think the Jazz will mathematically be out of it until very late in the season, otherwise if I'm the FO I tell Ty that the 20013-14 tryouts start tonight.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 am

They very well maybe done after next 7 games where I see them winning once ( twice at best). After that time Lakers will have 4-5 game lead and it will be time for Corbin to pull the plug and start giving reigns to core 4. Let the kids play and develop, there is no chance Jazz win more then 8-9 games remaining and with Lakers having easy schedule rest of the way playoff race is all but over. Unless Kobe tears ACL or something...

But no way that will happen knowing Corbin... he will still find ways to play Foye, Marvin, Watson and big Al.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
They very well maybe done after next 7 games where I see them winning once ( twice at best). After that time Lakers will have 4-5 game lead and it will be time for Corbin to pull the plug and start giving reigns to core 4. Let the kids play and develop, there is no chance Jazz win more then 8-9 games remaining and with Lakers having easy schedule rest of the way playoff race is all but over. Unless Kobe tears ACL or something...

But no way that will happen knowing Corbin... he will still find ways to play Foye, Marvin, Watson and big Al.

I can see the jazz winning 12 or 13 and pushing lakers out. Laker play like 8 of the next 10 on the road. So i think the next two weeks will tell all. Sometime one good win can turn things around. jazz could've went 3 for 4 on road and people would be saying lakers are done. last year the jazz made a big push to make it in and its gonna take the same play it did then.

My bet is Ty take this thing all the way to the end and rides the vets to the end. To bad thats what could very well cost us?

P.s CJ you gotta love what you've been seeing out of Enes because you know how down you've been after the draft. Its ok to say maybe you was wrong. We all do in our lifes. Its ok CJ to show your happy to see this kid starting to rock and roll. ITS OK.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:08 pm

Richardale wrote:
I can see the jazz winning 12 or 13 and pushing lakers out. Laker play like 8 of the next 10 on the road. So i think the next two weeks will tell all. Sometime one good win can turn things around. jazz could've went 3 for 4 on road and people would be saying lakers are done. last year the jazz made a big push to make it in and its gonna take the same play it did then.

My bet is Ty take this thing all the way to the end and rides the vets to the end. To bad thats what could very well cost us?

lets have a better look and I will try to be overly optimistic.

vs Detroit W
@ Oklahoma City L
vs Memphis L
vs New York W
@ Houston L
@ San Antonio L
@ Dallas L
vs Philadelphia W
vs Phoenix W
@ Portland L
vs Brooklyn W
vs Portland W
vs Denver L
vs New Orleans W
@ Golden State L
vs Oklahoma City L
vs Minnesota W
@ Minnesota L
@ Memphis L

I am getting 8 wins at best:(. Game vs Philly could be loss as it will be back to back after road trip to Texas. Game vs New York might be loss as well the way they had totally dominated us. I just do not see more wins out of this schedule. See what opponents Lakers have on a road and it makes outlook look even bleaker.

Richardale wrote:

P.s CJ you gotta love what you've been seeing out of Enes because you know how down you've been after the draft. Its ok to say maybe you was wrong. We all do in our lifes. Its ok CJ to show your happy to see this kid starting to rock and roll. ITS OK.

I can certainly admit that Kanter made huge improvement and is turning into much better player then what I saw in predraft videos. So in that regard, yes, I am happy he is proving me wrong and he most likely will avoid bust label and will be good and reliable player for the Jazz ( or other team ) for years to come.
I still stand by my word that JV is going to be better player when it is all said and done, but if Jazz and their fans are happy with this choice then it doesn't matter anyway. Jazz were happy with DWill, looks like they are happy with Gordon, Alec and Enes, so why I should be mad about it ( that they did not draft players I wanted) at the end of the day. There is more serious things in life to worry about then who the Jazz drafted or not.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:

I can certainly admit that Kanter made huge improvement and is turning into much better player then what I saw in predraft videos. So in that regard, yes, I am happy he is proving me wrong and he most likely will avoid bust label and will be good and reliable player for the Jazz ( or other team ) for years to come.
I still stand by my word that JV is going to be better player when it is all said and done, but if Jazz and their fans are happy with this choice then it doesn't matter anyway. Jazz were happy with DWill, looks like they are happy with Gordon, Alec and Enes, so why I should be mad about it ( that they did not draft players I wanted) at the end of the day. There is more serious things in life to worry about then who the Jazz drafted or not.

Damn Calg, with as hard as some folks are on you, that admission took some balls. None of us are professional scouts (even the pros miss more often than not), so not evaluating a player correctly is something that all of us do. As a Jazz fan, just be happy when that "wrongness" works in the teams favor (i.e. Kanter being better than you thought). Hell, I wanted Jordan Hamilton & H.Whiteside over the past couple years.... thank goodness the Jazz didn't listen to me!
Back to top Go down
The Voice of Reason
Admin
The Voice of Reason

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

Damn Calg, with as hard as some folks are on you, that admission took some balls. None of us are professional scouts (even the pros miss more often than not), so not evaluating a player correctly is something that all of us do. As a Jazz fan, just be happy when that "wrongness" works in the teams favor (i.e. Kanter being better than you thought). Hell, I wanted Jordan Hamilton & H.Whiteside over the past couple years.... thank goodness the Jazz didn't listen to me!

Yeah...I wanted Mouhamed Sene in 2006 was it?
I will now light myself on fire....
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

Yeah...I wanted Mouhamed Sene in 2006 was it?
I will now light myself on fire....

My biggest "hit" was the year Boozer slipped into the second round. I was yelling at the TV to draft him. Even though I've grown to loath Carlos, he is way better than his draft position & would have been a great pick in the late 1st for UT that year. ... much better than Ryan Humphrey, who they traded for Curtis Borchardt. I also wanted the Jazz to take Monte Ellis (pick #40) over CJ Miles (pick #34) on 2005. Other than that, I can't remember having any brilliant GM draft moments.
Back to top Go down
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Quote :
My biggest "hit" was the year Boozer slipped into the second round. I was yelling at the TV to draft him. Even though I've grown to loath Carlos, he is way better than his draft position & would have been a great pick in the late 1st for UT that year. ... much better than Ryan Humphrey, who they traded for Curtis Borchardt. I also wanted the Jazz to take Monte Ellis (pick #40) over CJ Miles (pick #34) on 2005. Other than that, I can't remember having any brilliant GM draft moments.

For me it was Latrell Sprewell, can't remember what season that was or who the Jazz ended up picking, but they could have had Spree...but then they choked. (See what I did there?)

As for Calg, I had to give him a rep point for manning up and admitting that he has been wrong about Enes. I think he's still wrong about Enes vs. JV. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Lot of us wanted sene and coles hell im glad i did'nt get some of the players i wanted. Hats off to yea CJ. With all the crap we gave yea and you keep coming back for more tell me your jazz fan for sure! VJ still could became better all said and done but Enes is really starting to shine.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:39 pm

I do believe that my greatest draft moment was touting the skills and talent of one Omar Samhan (who? exactly.), and saying that he might even be worth the Jazz trading up to get him in the early second round. He went undrafted and disappeared into obscurity and the Jazz wisely drafted Jeremy Evans at #55.

The one I definitely called was Kawhi Leonard, I had him as definitely top 10 and couldn't believe the Jazz passed on him at #12.

That was a solid effort by the Calgary Jazz there, not exactly the speech I wrote up for him, but good enough anyways.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:

Wow, WELL. That was a long time coming, nice of you to finally admit you were wrong, maybe someone isn't an objective expert after all........but seeing as how you were such a douche to me and others and ridiculed everything I said would happen with UnderKanter that did......here's your slice num num num:

Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 Doctor13[/url]

You can apologize later, after Gordo and Underkanter are resigned, for the "clueless Homer" accusations and such. I'll wait.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 am

Mutangclan wrote:

Wow, WELL. That was a long time coming, nice of you to finally admit you were wrong, maybe someone isn't an objective expert after all........but seeing as how you were such a douche to me and others and ridiculed everything I said would happen with UnderKanter that did......here's your slice num num num:

well, rub it in if you want but not like you are perfect in your predictions either;). I can remind you Eastern Conference prediction thread, or how excited you were about Marvin and tried to prove to me that he is great defender and just needed change of scenery to be awesome - while I told that he is who he is.
At the end of the day if anybody here would have crystal ball or be perfect in evaluating players or teams we would be working for millions $$$ in NBA and not posting here on our free time. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:48 am

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

well, rub it in if you want but not like you are perfect in your predictions either;). I can remind you Eastern Conference prediction thread, or how excited you were about Marvin and tried to prove to me that he is great defender and just needed change of scenery to be awesome - while I told that he is who he is.
At the end of the day if anybody here would have crystal ball or be perfect in evaluating players or teams we would be working for millions $$$ in NBA and not posting here on our free time. Peace.

Haha, of course you would.....good effort Calgary, but uh NO.

Difference is, I never said he'd be awesome I said it was my opinion this could really be just what he needed. You said Kanter would be a bust and then continued it after were proven wrong....... And the biggest difference about evaluating players is that you aren't very good at it, I NAILED it, AND on top of that you were an insufferable douchebag about it. Which aside from this crow stuff, I have not been. Oh, and on top of that you were also completely wrong about Hayward too, while also being a douche about that. I called it, Hayward and Kanter BOTH studs from the beginning, said they would be very good. You called me a clueless Homer and that they'd bust or be gone.....You were not just wrong, but YOU were actually the BUST.

I'll enjoy being right about Kanter and Hayward, since I'm a Jazzfan. And it's nice to know this is finally over, Jazz WIN!!! (Calgary lose Sad

Last edited by Mutangclan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:50 am

One of these again. How did we get back to one of these?

Get a room, you two.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:41 am

TheMagnus wrote:
I do believe that my greatest draft moment was touting the skills and talent of one Omar Samhan (who? exactly.), and saying that he might even be worth the Jazz trading up to get him in the early second round. He went undrafted and disappeared into obscurity and the Jazz wisely drafted Jeremy Evans at #55.

The one I definitely called was Kawhi Leonard, I had him as definitely top 10 and couldn't believe the Jazz passed on him at #12.

That was a solid effort by the Calgary Jazz there, not exactly the speech I wrote up for him, but good enough anyways.

I wasn't sold on Leonard, but now that I think about it, I thought Danny Granger was grossly underrated and should have been a top 5 pick. I didn't want the Jazz to take him over Deron or Paul, but I was shocked he slipped to #17.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Calg, I'd stick to your admission that Enis ain't so bad. I admire the way you've stuck with JV, and agree that JV has potential. I really thought you were completely off-base in your many posts about JV and our guy. So far, it's turned out you were only half off-base. That ain't so bad.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:50 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

I think my greatest draft moment was...........The UnderKanter!!

So I'm gonna go ahead and pat myself on the back for a couple minutes here.....granted he was a #3 pick, but with all the doubt out there.......After Kanter was drafted and I saw him playing in the Euro games or whatever, I came on Tribtalk and I said he was going to be a really good player,maybe great. That of course was the beginning of the Calgary/Mutang Death debates. I kept calling him a "stud" and saying how good he was going to be. Calgary definitely and vehemently disagreed, but most just really weren't sure. I said just wait, he just needed a real training camp because of the lockout he missed out, needed some big man camps and a real offseason, and for F's sake he was only 19. Said just u wait. I remember some people saying lets give him a chance, he COULD be good, its unknown to this point etc, but I believe I was the only one that consistently, and from the very beginning said he was going to be a very good player for Utah. Anddddddddd, I think now he has agreed cheers

You guys KNOW he's only getting better!
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:52 am

Time to un-hijack the thread from draft prognostiications to the freefall.

PLENTY of fodder for this thread bump following the Knickerbocker Debacle v.2 and the upcoming Texas 3-step. Goodness, the team that can't win on the road, much less at home in "must win" situations, heads for a Texas azz kickin' good time, playing one team locked in at the #1 or #2 and going to the Championship round, Houston who is desperately scratching not to fall out of the playoffs, and the Mavs, who now have a decent shot of scrapping in with Kobe's hurting ankle and the Jazz playing like crap. The carnage may be too difficult to swallow from this roadie, yet we must eat it as Jazz fans. Things ain't gonna change.

The freefall is for real, not a fluke, not going to be solved by "the players doing what we ask them to do", realizing that "every game is a playoff game at this point" and all the other drivel we've heard from management, players and coaches lately. The Jazz can't beat, when it really matters, at home, the Knicks without their 3 best starters. What should have been a domination of the paint by the Jazz bigs never materialized. Was I the only one who noticed that there really wasn't any consistent effort to get the ball into the paint? Why? It is becoming so easy to take the Jazz out of their offensive sets it is scary. Double Al, flood the strong side = victory.

I really have no idea anymore what in fact the Jazz offensive strategy is except jack shots from the perimeter with no time on the clock and a hand in the face. The quality of play on the offensive and defensive end is so helter-skelter it actually looks like an uncoached playground team. I mean, its just ugly basketball. Not sure if TyCo has lost the players or the players have lost the coach, but the '12-'13 roster and coaching flaws are not solvable at this point.

What would be great fun would be a wholesale do-over, start the Core 4 plus DC from here on out. That way, win or lose, the fans have something to get excited about. I'm pretty much over anything else at this point.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 am

MTJazz wrote:
Time to un-hijack the thread from draft prognostiications to the freefall.

PLENTY of fodder for this thread bump following the Knickerbocker Debacle v.2 and the upcoming Texas 3-step. Goodness, the team that can't win on the road, much less at home in "must win" situations, heads for a Texas azz kickin' good time, playing one team locked in at the #1 or #2 and going to the Championship round, Houston who is desperately scratching not to fall out of the playoffs, and the Mavs, who now have a decent shot of scrapping in with Kobe's hurting ankle and the Jazz playing like crap. The carnage may be too difficult to swallow from this roadie, yet we must eat it as Jazz fans. Things ain't gonna change.

The freefall is for real, not a fluke, not going to be solved by "the players doing what we ask them to do", realizing that "every game is a playoff game at this point" and all the other drivel we've heard from management, players and coaches lately. The Jazz can't beat, when it really matters, at home, the Knicks without their 3 best starters. What should have been a domination of the paint by the Jazz bigs never materialized. Was I the only one who noticed that there really wasn't any consistent effort to get the ball into the paint? Why? It is becoming so easy to take the Jazz out of their offensive sets it is scary. Double Al, flood the strong side = victory.

I really have no idea anymore what in fact the Jazz offensive strategy is except jack shots from the perimeter with no time on the clock and a hand in the face. The quality of play on the offensive and defensive end is so helter-skelter it actually looks like an uncoached playground team. I mean, its just ugly basketball. Not sure if TyCo has lost the players or the players have lost the coach, but the '12-'13 roster and coaching flaws are not solvable at this point.

What would be great fun would be a wholesale do-over, start the Core 4 plus DC from here on out. That way, win or lose, the fans have something to get excited about. I'm pretty much over anything else at this point.

Don't forget Jeremy Evans! #40needstoplay He's on contract for two more years.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:44 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Hell yeah, absolutely do not rot him with DNP's since the only time he has gotten real tick he proved he is a greatly improved energy player. While we're at it, lets get a good look at Leslie and Murphy! Like I have said many other times, time to start the '13-'14 tryouts! Give all the players the Jazz have in mind for the Jazz future a chance now. I mean seriously, DC has gone from DNP to key back up glue guy to starter to DNP. For all we know Leslie is the same type of player that DC showed us in the playoff push last year after rotting on the bench with DNP's.

Not gonna happen, though. The Jazz would lose too much "face" with Foye, both Williams and Al. I'm not sure I give a rats ass about face but the Jazz want to be a "classy" organization that treats veterans well so as not to scare off future FA's.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:58 pm

- Jazz brass has to know season's over; they better put their heads to work in a new roster, because MHO is that only Favors, Kanter, Wheeler, Burks, Evans, Carroll should be back next season may be along with Foye because it's not his fault that coach uses him in the worst possible manner
- Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013) burned some bridges with his players; it's darn obvious they just don't buy it anymore
- Knicks game should be remembered as the one that put an end on Millsap and Jefferson tenures with the Jazz; no reason to continue to play them more than typical bench minutes whan they already showed the best they can do is to be swapped in the first round or guide their teammates to long summer vacations, so they're not the guys the Jazz should spend on
- There's a dozen more things I want to say... but I have to work and sleep before it... Sleep

And I didn't even post in the hysterical overreaction thread yet What a Face
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:38 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

I wonder why they did that? Did Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013) tell them there was a rough spot on the bench that needed a couple years' smoothing?

I was very impressed with Evans' last game, because he did all the things I'd called him out on when people said they wanted him to play more: pass the ball. Dribble the ball. Shoot the ball. Be a real basketball player

These are things he didn't do while wowing the rubes with those alley-oops. (I mean, the rubes in the stands, not the perceptive, puissant*, and finely-haberdashed Gentlemen O' th' Board round here,) If he can dribble, pass and shoot near NBA level his hops could help make him a plus contributor.

Or maybe that awful game has caused a derangement of my faculties.

*-it's a compliment, honest-to-God.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Trollificus wrote:

I wonder why they did that? Did Ty Co (former Utah Jazz coach 2011-2013) tell them there was a rough spot on the bench that needed a couple years' smoothing?

I was very impressed with Evans' last game, because he did all the things I'd called him out on when people said they wanted him to play more: pass the ball. Dribble the ball. Shoot the ball. Be a real basketball player

When they signed him to a multi-year, at a time they weren't exactly handing out multi-year contracts, I was pretty excited, as I bet Jeremy was as well. I mean, what team, (ummm, the Jazz), signs a guy who with a team history of DNP-CDs to honor him with multiple years of more DNP-CDs? Seriously. The DNP-CD forever category is reserved for washed up veterans on "can't trade him contracts", bubble guys on rookie contracts or short-term contract roster filler. Yet is has always been obvious that JE has sick athleticism and by golly, looks like all that before and after practice time with Horny and the assistants actually lifted his game to....DNP-CD. What was the plan, anyway? Tell me there haven't been plenty of opportunities to insert him into the game when the Jazz were playing through molasses, looking disinterested and honestly, like a bunch of slow white guys who can't jump? The guy can jump and now he has a jump shot! Give the guy hope that his hard work and sick athleticism can amount to more than the official end of bench guy. Totally weird. And you know what? I'll be pissed for Jeremy if next year he plays meaningful minutes and produces after watching Marvin eat up his minutes. Short window in the NBA for guys like Evans to make some bank.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 am

MTJazz wrote:
Trollificus wrote:

When they signed him to a multi-year, at a time they weren't exactly handing out multi-year contracts, I was pretty excited, as I bet Jeremy was as well. I mean, what team, (ummm, the Jazz), signs a guy who with a team history of DNP-CDs to honor him with multiple years of more DNP-CDs? Seriously. The DNP-CD forever category is reserved for washed up veterans on "can't trade him contracts", bubble guys on rookie contracts or short-term contract roster filler. Yet is has always been obvious that JE has sick athleticism and by golly, looks like all that before and after practice time with Horny and the assistants actually lifted his game to....DNP-CD. What was the plan, anyway? Tell me there haven't been plenty of opportunities to insert him into the game when the Jazz were playing through molasses, looking disinterested and honestly, like a bunch of slow white guys who can't jump? The guy can jump and now he has a jump shot! Give the guy hope that his hard work and sick athleticism can amount to more than the official end of bench guy. Totally weird. And you know what? I'll be pissed for Jeremy if next year he plays meaningful minutes and produces after watching Marvin eat up his minutes. Short window in the NBA for guys like Evans to make some bank.

Wrote a response to this over the in Jeremy Evans thread, agree on the Marvin/Jeremy thing, I would also be pissed.

Since this is the "free fall" thread, and I'm in the mood for some negativity, here's your interesting stat of the day...

Al Jefferson has played all but 4 games this season, in the 4 games he missed the Jazz went 2-2 winning two home games, and losing two road games, which is pretty much on par with the season.

But there's also this...the Jazz two biggest wins of the season, and their only 30+ wins, both came with Al out. The two losses were both last second defeats on the road.

The Jazz team overall +/- in 4 games without Al Jefferson, +58.

Last edited by TheMagnus on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free fall in Jazz Land   Free fall in Jazz Land - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Free fall in Jazz Land
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next