Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13

Go down 
+7
Jazz Dog
Calgary Jazz
Richardale
The Voice of Reason
Trollificus
Romoholic
zero24gravity
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 am

zero24gravity wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
Ya know what is crazy? I saw someone in another forum point out that if both the Jazz and Lakers won out and the Warriors go 1-4, Warriors are out of playoffs and the Jazz are the 7th seed. How nutz would that be? Not that the 7th seed would help the Jazz out much with respect to taking on SA or OKC, but then the Jazz would get GSW's pick at #14. I can't decide which scenario I like better - GSW getting karmic payback for last year's tank-a-thon or Fakies not making playoffs. Tough one, but Laker hate runs deep in my veins, I totally want them to become The Biggest Fail Ever!

That would be great, but knowing how the Universe works when it comes to this whole GS pick... they, would win a top 3 pick (it's a top 7 protected pick), leaving the Jazz with only a couple second rounders from them.

OK then, lets go with bumping the Lakers out. That would be sooooo sweeet, especially since Fakies fans suddenly got cocky this last month, thinking it no big thang to move past the lowly Jazz.

Especially good win last night - first glimpse of playoff caliber play against a playoff team in what feels like months. Your man Fav definitely got my attention - I'm off the doubter wagon and back on DPOY fantasies for the future. Still stuck on my fear of Foye, Mr. OFF (O-For-Foye), shooting us out of close games and his paper thin D.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 am

Romoholic wrote:

I actually mentioned this to my wife during the last game. He doesn't play DC for like two weeks and all of the sudden starts giving him meaningful minutes. Curious!

And "coincidentally" timed with DC letting the press know he loves Utah and the fans but he was moving on because the coach didn't have confidence in him! I'm usually not too happy with players going to the press to make a point but make an exception this time. I can't fathom that DL would not want DC in a Jazz uniform next year as part of the Core 5. Somebody done doing some whispering in Ty's ear, no doubt!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 am

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
He also made a nice adjustment taking Mo off of Curry. It was clearly Mark Jacksons plan to go at Mo and Al all night, by taking Mo off Curry they made Thompson try and beat us and I'll take that over Curry every day.

I already comment that I thought this was a well coached game, but I will disagree that taking Mo off Curry was a nice move. Thompson killed Mo even worse than Curry. And it wasn't just once, it was repeated over & over. Mo's shot was on, which was great, but his D against anyone he guarded was bad. He really is looking like the guard equivelant to Al.... he may get his, but his man will get those points all back. In his defense, being without Burks did make Corbin's job a little tougher, since he couldn't go to a Foye/Burks line-up. However, I still thought that was a bad move that was immediatley exploited by the Warriors, and not adjusted to quickly enough by Ty.

But still, way better job overall by the coaches. And as I said before, the offense/defense subs at the end between Al & Favors were perfect.

Well my point was that if you can't hide Mo, because like I said Jacksons gameplan was clearly to attack Mo and Al, I'd rather have it be Thompson than Curry, that's why I liked the adjustment and don't think there was much to do beyond that even if Thompson was getting his. Thompson can't beat you by himself, but Curry most definitely can, and if you let Curry get warmed up out of the gate in the second half against Mo things could have got very bad very fast.

The true test though will be when Mo isn't on. In the game against the Hornets Mo was turning in a crapper in the 3rd and Corbin broke tradition and yanked him early, that is a trend that needs to continue. There are few things that have frustrated me more than watching Corbin leave the first unit out there for most of a quarter when they are playing like crap (and then pull the only guys who are actually playing well first, usualy Hayward and Millsap), there is simply no excuse for it, and it is nice to see him making some adjustments.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:26 am

MTJazz wrote:

Especially good win last night - first glimpse of playoff caliber play against a playoff team in what feels like months. Your man Fav definitely got my attention - I'm off the doubter wagon and back on DPOY fantasies for the future. Still stuck on my fear of Foye, Mr. OFF (O-For-Foye), shooting us out of close games and his paper thin D.

methinks your fear of Foye is missplaced...Here's the guy you should be worried about.

Randy Foye + MoreShots + Streakier + HeroBall - Defense = Mo Williams

He's the guy that has the Jazz hopes in his hands, eager to hang it all on a pull up jumper in transition...

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 am

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

methinks your fear of Foye is missplaced...Here's the guy you should be worried about.

He's the guy that has the Jazz hopes in his hands, eager to hang it all on a pull up jumper in transition...

Well I'll tell you this. Assuming we meet up with San Antonio, we're going to need Foye out there and Mo, beyond the 3pt line. Also, one thing I do like about Mo Magnus, and I think he's just barely getting his rhythm now, is his attacking the basket. He's still taking some bad shots in transition (Gordo too unfortunately) when I think they should pull it back, but it's a good thing to have going out there. And getting to the line.

What we need, is Foye to be out there when DC is, and DC to get good minutes. Like when he was put on Curry for defense and Thompson too. DC can harrass a PG, and kind of like Pippen used to guard the PGs.
When you have terrible defenders like Mo/Al/Foye, you gotta have good hustling crazy dude defenders like DC..........hmmmm, I like that idea...yea. I really should have mentioned this to Corbin sooner.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Well I'll tell you this. Assuming we meet up with San Antonio, we're going to need Foye out there and Mo, beyond the 3pt line. Also, one thing I do like about Mo Magnus, and I think he's just barely getting his rhythm now, is his attacking the basket. He's still taking some bad shots in transition (Gordo too unfortunately) when I think they should pull it back, but it's a good thing to have going out there. And getting to the line.

What we need, is Foye to be out there when DC is, and DC to get good minutes. Like when he was put on Curry for defense and Thompson too. DC can harrass a PG, and kind of like Pippen used to guard the PGs.
When you have terrible defenders like Mo/Al/Foye, you gotta have good hustling crazy dude defenders like DC..........hmmmm, I like that idea...yea. I really should have mentioned this to Corbin sooner.

You'll get no argument from me on any of that. I wasn't trying to say that Mo shouldn't be out there doing what he does, the Jazz definitely need Mo, the good Mo, to step up if they want to do anything of conseqence.

Everybody knows that the Jazz can't defend, and no matter how much they talk about improved D the fact remains that the actual D hasn't really improved no matter how many highlights they get. What they can do is score in just about every way imaginable, and they can get extra possessions with offensive rebounds and winning the turnover battle. That has been the secret to their recent success and will be the winning formula going forward, and Mo Williams is critical to making that work.

Interesting stats of the day...

Over the last 10 games the Jazz have been shooting over 19 3's a game and making over 40% of them (averaged only 16 a game in previous 60 games).

The Jazz are top 5 in the NBA in Offensive efficiency in the last 10 games.

The Jazz are giving up 48.5% FG and 40% 3pt while shooting 49.5% FG and 41% 3pt in the last 10 games.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

You'll get no argument from me on any of that. I wasn't trying to say that Mo shouldn't be out there doing what he does, the Jazz definitely need Mo, the good Mo, to step up if they want to do anything of conseqence.

Everybody knows that the Jazz can't defend, and no matter how much they talk about improved D the fact remains that the actual D hasn't really improved no matter how many highlights they get. What they can do is score in just about every way imaginable, and they can get extra possessions with offensive rebounds and winning the turnover battle. That has been the secret to their recent success and will be the winning formula going forward, and Mo Williams is critical to making that work.

Interesting stats of the day...

Over the last 10 games the Jazz have been shooting over 19 3's a game and making over 40% of them (averaged only 16 a game in previous 60 games).

The Jazz are top 5 in the NBA in Offensive efficiency in the last 10 games.

The Jazz are giving up 48.5% FG and 40% 3pt while shooting 49.5% FG and 41% 3pt in the last 10 games.

I'm really hoping Kanter gets a good diagnosis today while in NY. I think he could be a pretty good size difference maker in a series with San Antonio and their bigs. Or even OKC. Hah, or with the Clippers when we win out and GS falls out.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Dandy Randy in April so far (4 games): 0.310 FG and 0.320 3PT. We need shooting like that like a hole in the head. We're going to need Foye if he is out of his slump, not the current Randy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13   GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GTS Utah @ Golden State 4/7/13
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2