Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Lowry might be in a trade going on right now Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lowry might be in a trade going on right now

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
therawns
Starter

Lowry might be in a trade going on right now Empty
PostSubject: Lowry might be in a trade going on right now   Lowry might be in a trade going on right now EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Kyle Lowry tweets, "It's been real." Now, whether this is talking about his time in Houston, or not who knows. He blasted McHale after the season, and if they re-sign dragic, then lowry would likely be trade bait after his comments. Houston has been in discussions with Toronto and Sacramento on jumping into the top 10.

If Lowry has been traded, he goes to toronto. Sacramento trading for lowry makes no sense with Isiah Thomas as their PG. (He was good in the 2nd half of the season.) This makes calderon available. He could very well be traded strictly for a trade exception. Lowry would also fit into the exception created at the trade deadline in the barbosa to Indy trade. Toronto could very well do the same thing with calderon, that they did with barbosa.

All of this is pure speculation though.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Lowry might be in a trade going on right now   Lowry might be in a trade going on right now EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 am

therawns wrote:
Kyle Lowry tweets, "It's been real." Now, whether this is talking about his time in Houston, or not who knows. He blasted McHale after the season, and if they re-sign dragic, then lowry would likely be trade bait after his comments. Houston has been in discussions with Toronto and Sacramento on jumping into the top 10.

If Lowry has been traded, he goes to toronto. Sacramento trading for lowry makes no sense with Isiah Thomas as their PG. (He was good in the 2nd half of the season.) This makes calderon available. He could very well be traded strictly for a trade exception. Lowry would also fit into the exception created at the trade deadline in the barbosa to Indy trade. Toronto could very well do the same thing with calderon, that they did with barbosa.

All of this is pure speculation though.

Yea, Houston either wants to move into the top 8, or get a star type player in return. Toronto makes alot of sense. Of course can't leave Utah out though on trading one of our guys for him. Interesting on Calderon. He'd still be a nice addition with his excellent passing and just as good 3pt shooting. I guess with he and Devin it'd be two good PGs with limited futures in Utah. Still good players though until a young PG came along.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Lowry might be in a trade going on right now   Lowry might be in a trade going on right now EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:02 pm

I can't see the Jazz putting 20 mill of their cap space into good-but-not-stellar PG play. If we got Calderone, Harris would have to go. We'd lose all that speed, but just think...we might get to see some of our other players finish on the fast break!

There's a lot of teams with good PGs right now, though. Devin's contract is not overwhelming, but I can't think of a team that, by obtaining Harris, becomes a contender. And none of the existing contenders gets better with him at PG, do they? *****? Maybe. Miami? Can't afford him. Run down the list and the rest of this year's top teams had as good or better PGs than Devin...and going from Jameer Nelson to Devin Harris is not the kind of move that will keep Dwight Howard in Orlando.

So, without moving Harris, I don't know how the Jazz improve much at PG (this year). If we DO move Harris, Calderone's skillset would fit better with this Jazz team than Harris', I think, and his notorious (overstated?) defensive deficiencies might be better covered by this Jazz team than Toronto's.

But I think also that KOC WON'T move Harris without a prior arrangement to get his replacement and vice versa. All while trying to trade an asset for a relatively high pick to get Lillard whose presence on the roster would then change the entire PG dynamic! GMs job (done right) is amazingly complex. All the parts are in constant flux, all the moves and parts are related, and each (potential) move effects every other aspect of the whole puzzle. I guess it wouldn't be too complex, expressed mathematically...differential equations are designed expressly for multivariate situations, but I don't understand differential equations and most NBAers don't either.

So good luck, KOC!!!
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: Lowry might be in a trade going on right now   Lowry might be in a trade going on right now EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:21 am

Oh, wait. Scratch what I said about "All the contenders are set at PG".

Chicago will have D-Rose out all year and their next PG, CJ Watson is another "PG because he's PG-sized, not because he PLAYS PG." type and probably isn't going to be with them next year. John Lucas is a...no. That means they need a veteran who can play, but to whom they won't have to commit beyond next year. Sounds freakin' perfect.

But what could we get from them? Could we get Korver and Brewer back? And the #29 pick? With a little sumpin sumpin to make the dollars work? (We don't need Brewer since he's basically Dermarr Carrol with more experience.) Not really a fair trade UNLESS we have a deal in the works to pick up Calderone? Or Dragic as a FA? Or, or, or...

Sigh. Having found a team that might actually WANT and/or NEED Devin Harris, there doesn't appear to be a viable trade the Jazz might make with said team...unless you start looking at 3-team trades, but that REALLY makes my head hurt.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowry might be in a trade going on right now   Lowry might be in a trade going on right now Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowry might be in a trade going on right now
Page 1 of 1