Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  6th man hayward? Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6th man hayward?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
therawns
Starter

6th man hayward? Empty
PostSubject: 6th man hayward?   6th man hayward? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Before you start calling me an idiot, blah blah blah, i found out some interesting stuff from last year, when looking at hayward. I am not saying he should be the 6th man, but it was a thought.

Numbers as a starter vs. bench:

44.4% fg shooting including 33.6% from downtown as starter
53.3 % fg shooting including 46.2% from downtown off the bench

82.6% from the charity stripe as a starter
89.5% from the charity stripe off the bench

11.7 points per game as a starter
12.9 points per game off the bench

3.5 boards both

3.2 assists as a starter
2.5 assists off the bench

1.7 turnovers as a starter
1.0 turnovers off the bench

.8 steals as a starter
.5 steals off the bench

.5 blocks as a starter
.1 blocks off the bench

31 minutes as a starter
28 minutes off the bench

So all in all, judging by stats, he played better off the bench. Now, I know he came off the bench in early March, and played better when reinserted into the starting lineup after his 8 game stretch off the bench, so you might just throw this whole thing out, as maybe he just got better as the year went on. However, this was just something I came across when I was doing a little research.

Last edited by therawns on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

6th man hayward? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th man hayward?   6th man hayward? EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 pm

One thing thats missing from all those numbers is how many games he came off the bench verses starting.

But even with those numbers, Gordo also is a player that makes others better. With all his tools, I think he most certainly is best utilized as a starter, and makes others better.
No question he should start.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

6th man hayward? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th man hayward?   6th man hayward? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 am

Solid points, but as you point out, thought he started to act that play better when he was put on the bench, that only lasted 8 games and then he played even better when he was put back in the starting lineup at the end of the season.

I could see him being 6th man, but I think he will start, they need him to be a facilitator with that first unit.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

6th man hayward? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th man hayward?   6th man hayward? EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:02 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Solid points, but as you point out, thought he started to act that play better when he was put on the bench, that only lasted 8 games and then he played even better when he was put back in the starting lineup at the end of the season.

I could see him being 6th man, but I think he will start, they need him to be a facilitator with that first unit.

Young player, those mental "games" probably work on him obviously. Last year it did. He's only in year 3 now, and will be his best yet. All those tools he has should be out there with our best players. Can't wait to watch him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

6th man hayward? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th man hayward?   6th man hayward? Empty

Back to top Go down

6th man hayward?
Page 1 of 1