Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you take Gordon Hayward over........

Go down 
+8
Mutangclan
Professo_Sloan
refssuckclips
thejazzkickazz
Calgary Jazz
Romoholic
TheMagnus
Nomo4me
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nomo4me
Rookie

Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ Empty
PostSubject: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Matt Barnes?

Don't get me wrong, I really, really dislike Barnes' gangsta-wannabe persona. But if the chips are down in a game and I need a gutty player that doesn't have to be reminded to play with intensity I'd take him in the closing minutes over Gordy.

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 12:48 am

No.

er... rather HELL to the NO!!!

Not sure if you are watching the same games I am, I think Gordy has been solid closing out games.

But hey, if want to trade a 22 year old with a great attitude for a 32 year old with known attitude issues and effectively equivalent production just because you think he is more "gutty"... guess I can't really argue with that.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:06 am

Nomo4me wrote:
Matt Barnes?

Don't get me wrong, I really, really dislike Barnes' gangsta-wannabe persona. But if the chips are down in a game and I need a gutty player that doesn't have to be reminded to play with intensity I'd take him in the closing minutes over Gordy.

NO way in hell!
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:44 pm

neither is an answer so whats the point?
Back to top Go down
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Nomo4me wrote:
Matt Barnes?

What were you smoking before you posted this?
Back to top Go down
Nomo4me
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:36 pm

I think that *is* my point. Gordy hasn't panned out the way we all hoped. As both are presently playing, I don't think there is much difference between he and Barnes in terms of their impact on a teams overall record.

At least Barnes the thug wannabe gets a bit chippy now and then. Gordy is still the guy who gets a finger poked in his ear.

At this point I'd be fine packaging him with Paul for a really decent, consistent 2 or 3.

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Nomo4me wrote:
I think that *is* my point. Gordy hasn't panned out the way we all hoped. As both are presently playing, I don't think there is much difference between he and Barnes in terms of their impact on a teams overall record.

At least Barnes the thug wannabe gets a bit chippy now and then. Gordy is still the guy who gets a finger poked in his ear.

At this point I'd be fine packaging him with Paul for a really decent, consistent 2 or 3.

Calgary Jazz wrote:

Still not sure what you are talking about, or what you were expecting, but i'm really happy with what we are getting from hayward, and the absolute last thing I am interested in doing right now is getting rid of one of the few bright spots on the team for another shitty ass veteran.
Back to top Go down
refssuckclips
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:17 pm

Nomo4me wrote:
Matt Barnes?

Barnes is party animal and would not fit into utah at all and would not stay here long. Hell NO. give me young opie who is still learning how to play in this league.hay will be a better player when its all said and done.
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Now just what the hell kind of question was this?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:45 pm

I'd take Gordo all over again, and what a find by KOC. Nobody knew Paul George would be as good as he is, but Gordo is showing how great of a pick he was. Doing everything on the court from knock down 3pt shooting, to chase down blocks, timely passing, clutch shooting etc.

Last 30 days Gordo is shooting 24 for 48 on 3's (boom!!) and on the season is shooting 41% from 3, 43% FG, 83% from the line with 14/3/3/1/1 and a 1.5 3's a game averages. Sick!! What a great find by KOC, to reach for him at that 9 spot. The guy literally does it all.

Calgary, what league is Gordo going to be playing for next year??? Or was it just another team because he was such a terrible pick??? I seem to have forgotten...
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 am

Mutangclan wrote:
I'd take Gordo all over again, and what a find by KOC. Nobody knew Paul George would be as good as he is, but Gordo is showing how great of a pick he was. Doing everything on the court from knock down 3pt shooting, to chase down blocks, timely passing, clutch shooting etc.

Last 30 days Gordo is shooting 24 for 48 on 3's (boom!!) and on the season is shooting 41% from 3, 43% FG, 83% from the line with 14/3/3/1/1 and a 1.5 3's a game averages. Sick!! What a great find by KOC, to reach for him at that 9 spot. The guy literally does it all.

Calgary, what league is Gordo going to be playing for next year??? Or was it just another team because he was such a terrible pick??? I seem to have forgotten...

Now, now .... let's not start THAT again. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am

The Kid started out slow but is picking it up pretty dam good now the Kid is a real talent that can do many things on the court and makes everyone around him better, what more do you want from a young gun like him.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:20 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Now, now .... let's not start THAT again. Razz

Heyyyyyy, was just asking!!! And I think it's time Calgary came on and said how wrong he was. I mean especially for how clueless he said I was when I talked about how good Gordo would be, and he saying how terrible of a pick Gordon was going to be....off the Jazz or out of the league entirely..... Thats all afro
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:22 pm

I think we should trad Hayward for Delonte "Wet Willy" West and that kid from Houston who won't fly on aeroplanes. Then move Kanter and Favors for Andrew Bynum's expiring. No way Bynum walks away from a max contract, not to mention being the Jazzez 5 year player!X!

Haha post count up woot woot
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Professo_Sloan wrote:
I think we should trad Hayward for Delonte "Wet Willy" West and that kid from Houston who won't fly on aeroplanes. Then move Kanter and Favors for Andrew Bynum's expiring. No way Bynum walks away from a max contract, not to mention being the Jazzez 5 year player!X!

You have to be joking West is FLAT OUT CRAZY and there is no room for those type of players in the NBA IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 pm

dongibby wrote:
Professo_Sloan wrote:

You have to be joking ....

He was. but don't kid yourself Don, the NBA was made for guys like West, no matter how much David Stern wants you to think otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:41 am

Here you go Calgary, ready to take a big ole bit out of that Crow??? Go ahead, sure looks delicious.....wanna get Kanter out of the way now too?

The Jazz’s Untradeable Piece – Gordon Hayward?
When the Utah Jazz are discussed nowadays the topic tends to eventually shift to the upcoming trade deadly and whether the team will deal Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap, two highly productive players who will be unrestricted free agents this summer.
One player who figures to be safe from the trading block is third year forward Gordon Hayward who is having a career season scoring the ball (13.5), despite playing roughly five minutes less per night than a season ago.
Jazz head coach Ty Corbin says Hayward is a valuable part of Utah’s future moving forward and expects Hayward to be given a bigger role as the seasons treads along.
“He’s a huge part of what we’re doing on both ends of the floor and we need him to be effective for us,” Corbin told HOOPSWORLD.
“He’s playing effective for us coming off the bench,” Corbin added. “He’s playing good minutes for us. He’ll have the ball in his hands a lot. We’re playing him at longer stretches during the game, so if his total minutes are down he’s played in longer stretches during the course of the game which gives him the opportunity to get more touches in there.”
Hayward is ready to embrace the challenge set forth by Corbin and the coaching staff and says he doesn’t mind if the extra opportunities are at shooting guard or small forward.
“I wanted to improve as a player,” Hayward said. “One of my goals each year is to try and get better compared to the last. So I came in with that mindset and have tried to be more aggressive this year and do whatever I can to help us win games.”
“I can play either or,” Hayward added on what position he prefers most – shooting guard or small forward. “Especially with our offense they’re pretty much the same thing; you’re just a wing player. It matters defensively and that can change on any given night depending on if they want me to guard someone at the two or the three, but it doesn’t matter to me.”
The Jazz have eight players on the current roster who will be free agents this summer with Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Mo Williams, Raja Bell, Randy Foye, Earl Watson, Jamaal Tinsley and Kevin Murphy all expiring at season’s end.
Next season’s Jazz lineup may contain a plethora of new faces, but based on Corbin’s messaging Hayward will be a source of familiarity in the rotation.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday-jazz-gearing-up-for-playoff-run/#hj7hAHOopHR5Vzl2.99

Well "objective expert", so much for out of the league or off the Jazz after year 3; I told you he was a good draft pick and would be good.....hows that taste????? Razz
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 am

Mutangclan wrote:
Here you go Calgary, ready to take a big ole bit out of that Crow??? Go ahead, sure looks delicious.....wanna get Kanter out of the way now too?

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday-jazz-gearing-up-for-playoff-run/#hj7hAHOopHR5Vzl2.99 [/i]

Well "objective expert", so much for out of the league or off the Jazz after year 3; I told you he was a good draft pick and would be good.....hows that taste????? Razz

You are so full of sh... I have never said that Hayward will be off the league or in D-league. That was said about Kanter. Get your facts straight for once or get some memory enhancing drugs. I said about Hayward that he is not as good ( as you were describing him as stud), that he will never be All-Star or as good as AK, or that he will never average 5 assists per game in a season and then even 4 is a huge stretch for him. I said he most likely will follow other KOC first round pick's way - means be traded or not be resigned by the Jazz after his rookie contract expires. So I will eat my crow when time comes ( none of my predictions about Gordon is wrong as of yet ) but for now you are way ahead of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-sunday-jazz-gearing-up-for-playoff-run/#hj7hAHOopHR5Vzl2.99 [/i]

You are so full of sh... I have never said that Hayward will be off the league or in D-league. That was said about Kanter. Get your facts straight for once or get some memory enhancing drugs. I said about Hayward that he is not as good ( as you were describing him as stud), that he will never be All-Star or as good as AK, or that he will never average 5 assists per game in a season and then even 4 is a huge stretch for him. I said he most likely will follow other KOC first round pick's way - means be traded or not be resigned by the Jazz after his rookie contract expires. So I will eat my crow when time comes ( none of my predictions about Gordon is wrong as of yet ) but for now you are way ahead of yourself.

What a shocker. Dont make me go dig it up, its in the JazzForum too.........and READ what I said, I didn't even say D league, hahaha. I said, just like YOU said, that he would be off the Jazz or out of the league after year 3.

Wait, wait wait.....so are you seriously still sticking with your objective expert opinion, that Gordon Hayward wont be resigned by Utah?????!! Seriously???

Dont be so upset at me Calgary, I didn't write the article. Its just unfortunate that at the time your name calling, arrogant @ss can't judge talent. Thats not my fault either.
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:46 pm

We will see. Jazz will have tough decisions to make with their young core, none of them deserves max extensions as of yet, so what kind of contracts they will offer and will those young players take them? And as Jazz history shows nobody is untradable - so that article means nothing. Does anybody knows who is Haywards agent by the way?
Back to top Go down
Calgary Jazz
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
I said, just like YOU said, that he would be off the Jazz or out of the league after year 3.

Never said he will be out of the league. I dare you to find it, and since you will not, I suggest you apologize.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:
I said, just like YOU said, that he would be off the Jazz or out of the league after year 3.

Never said he will be out of the league. I dare you to find it, and since you will not, I suggest you apologize.

Shocker.......Lucky you on that particular part. Tribtalk died.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Calgary Jazz wrote:
We will see. Jazz will have tough decisions to make with their young core, none of them deserves max extensions as of yet, so what kind of contracts they will offer and will those young players take them? And as Jazz history shows nobody is untradable - so that article means nothing. Does anybody knows who is Haywards agent by the way?

I tend to agree with this post. However, I would say the odds of trading GH are about 1 percent. Sure, he may re-sign somewhere else for more money than the Jazz offer if he goes off into Max territory in deluded GM's minds, but I think he is a core player the Jazz will work to keep, just like they did with Sap. As for anyone else on the team? Totally tradable for the right upgrade. And that includes all the guys with a big "P" for potential, (that be you Favors, Kanter and Burks). Jury is out on what those guys are worth after their rookie contracts expire.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 am

MTJazz wrote:
Calgary Jazz wrote:

I tend to agree with this post. However, I would say the odds of trading GH are about 1 percent. Sure, he may re-sign somewhere else for more money than the Jazz offer if he goes off into Max territory in deluded GM's minds, but I think he is a core player the Jazz will work to keep, just like they did with Sap. As for anyone else on the team? Totally tradable for the right upgrade. And that includes all the guys with a big "P" for potential, (that be you Favors, Kanter and Burks). Jury is out on what those guys are worth after their rookie contracts expire.

Agree with you, except on Favors. Jazz fans may be dissapointed that he isn't setting the world on fire, but he's only 21 and already perfoming well even though he's barely scratching his "P". I'd trade Hayward before I traded Favors, not that I would trade either of them, I'm just saying.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:08 am

Any word on Hayward??? Watching him mouth the words "I can't shoot" was pretty disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you take Gordon Hayward over........   Would you take Gordon Hayward over........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you take Gordon Hayward over........
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next