Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.

Go down 
+10
Trollificus
The Voice of Reason
thejazzkickazz
Saint Louis
Crunchtime1
not-worried-man
zero24gravity
Mutangclan
TheMagnus
MTJazz
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Romoholic wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:
Judging from that article by the Portland fan about the free throw disparity between Utah and the Fakers, I think it's logical for us to go ahead and start talking off-season right now, because there's no way the NBA powers that be are going to allow the Jazz to slip into the playoffs. And they'll feel justified, too, because, after all, if the Jazz got in, they would only be tied record-wise with the Fakers. Stern is just going to go ahead and activate his "tiebreaker" by making sure the Fakers win.

I'm about 99% sure the Jazz won't make the playoffs. When I saw the Fakers beat the Spurs without Kobe, I knew there is no way the NBA is going to allow us in over LA.

If the Jazz somehow win, watch the Lakers game on after and really pay attention to the officiating.

I don't think any way the jazz beat Griz with the powers to be. Just in case lakers are off the jazz will need one of there best games this year or we can kiss playoffs goodbye. We dont have our A+ Grizz will win. We need to over come some crapie calls just watch. Then rockets will need A+ to over come Refs in LA.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Richardale wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:
Judging from that article by the Portland fan about the free throw disparity between Utah and the Fakers, I think it's logical for us to go ahead and start talking off-season right now, because there's no way the NBA powers that be are going to allow the Jazz to slip into the playoffs. And they'll feel justified, too, because, after all, if the Jazz got in, they would only be tied record-wise with the Fakers. Stern is just going to go ahead and activate his "tiebreaker" by making sure the Fakers win.

I'm about 99% sure the Jazz won't make the playoffs. When I saw the Fakers beat the Spurs without Kobe, I knew there is no way the NBA is going to allow us in over LA.

If the Jazz somehow win, watch the Lakers game on after and really pay attention to the officiating.

I don't think any way the jazz beat Griz with the powers to be. Just in case lakers are off the jazz will need one of there best games this year or we can kiss playoffs goodbye. We dont have our A+ Grizz will win. We need to over come some crapie calls just watch. Then rockets will need A+ to over come Refs in LA.

You know Richard, you have posted some pretty crazy rants about the refs over the years, and most of the time I'm like "ok, whatever" but after watching what has been going on here, thinking about the Donaghy scandal and the many other truly suspicious activity over the past 20 years, I think I owe you an apology. I will never consider your rants about officials off base again, just merely an angry commentary on a corrupt system.
Back to top Go down
Saint Louis
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Romoholic wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:

Yep. Interesting thread going on in the "Rest of the League" category about how much the NBA would like to see the Lakers make the playoffs. Even without Kobe, the Lakers have: Dwight Howard, Pao Gasol, Antawn Jamison, Metal Whirled Pees, and Steve Nash! Even for a first round bow-out, that's bigger bucks for the NBA than the Jazz sneaking in. It's really ugly for people who care about fair play and honest competition.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 pm

thejazzkickazz wrote:

I totally agree with all the "no way Lakers dont make it" talk, and how Stern will make sure. But I think Stern making sure and the powers that be, went hand in hand with Kobe's guarantee they'd make it. Now? A boring Dwight, no Nash, injured Metta and Pau? Ummmm, no. Boring.
I think IF, there was a conspiracy, there isn't anymore without Kobe. But especially not now, because they wouldn't want the heat on them all for nothing.
Win or go home, and thats all it is for both those teams.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:

You know Richard, you have posted some pretty crazy rants about the refs over the years, and most of the time I'm like "ok, whatever" but after watching what has been going on here, thinking about the Donaghy scandal and the many other truly suspicious activity over the past 20 years, I think I owe you an apology. I will never consider your rants about officials off base again, just merely an angry commentary on a corrupt system.

Thanks Mags was wondering when you was gonna come out and say your sorry. Twisted Evil When your watching a game and one team keeps getting touch fouls, Lakers live on the line. Other team gets rape and no whistle and refs just keep missing calls on one side? I'm ok with bad calls here and there but when its so lopsided it get old and i cant help but wonder why is it with the same teams over and over? We all know Lakers will be a money making machine not so much with our young no stars team. Sorry I've turn most my post into venting about poor calls.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Tha fact that the refs thing is old an it really doesn't make sense to insist on it, doesn't make it less certain that lopsided officiating actually costed the Jazz a little bunch of games, and that some teams and players are allowed to play with a level of aggression that other teams and players are not allowed to.
If you really want to do something about it just stop watching; if not, you have to take for granted that your team will have to win no matter what, and then go and try to enjoy the sport and your fanship.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:16 am

outerspacefan wrote:
Lakers will make postseason, and it won't be the result of refs gifts. It will be Jazz own fault.

I agree. Despite hearing on ESPN how some analysts say "You all would rather see the Lakers in the playoffs, Kobe, Howard, Gasol, etc.. right?"

...almost an exact quote before Kobes injury, and despite the refs letting some players get more questionable calls go their way, the Jazz have their own lack of wins to blame if they don't make the playoffs..

Remember Mo missing a layup late in the fourth that would have helped them win a game- which would have been the difference in making the playoffs? Lack of making those shots are the reason, ultimately, they probably won't be in the playoffs.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what happens in free agency now. Pretty resigned they won't make the playoffs today, and getting less excited even if they do since a few key players will probably be gone anyhow... Still would like to see the youngsters get some playoff experience but o-well. On to next season ya'll.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: New Posts Are Not Highlighted   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Meant to post the last post here. New posts are not highlighted for me today like usual. Tried logging in and out to correct this problem to no avail. Anybody got any suggestions?

Rooting for a Jazz win and Laker loss to extend the season, but I will take the silver lining of better draft pick and new beginning if we don't get in. Wish we would get a new Coach too, but it doesn't sound like that is happening. Go Jazz!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Meant to post the last post here. New posts are not highlighted for me today like usual. Tried logging in and out to correct this problem to no avail. Anybody got any suggestions?

Rooting for a Jazz win and Laker loss to extend the season, but I will take the silver lining of better draft pick and new beginning if we don't get in. Wish we would get a new Coach too, but it doesn't sound like that is happening. Go Jazz!

Not really sure. I have had that happen a couple of times in the past, but not recently. I'll look into it though.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:05 pm

F**K the Lakers, lets go Jazz, playoffs '13.

fyi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Jazz Playoffs?  It's a Laker's thing. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4