The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!
 
HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Richardale
All Star
avatar

Posts : 657
Points : 726
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 52
Location : Hell in the summer. St george

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Romoholic wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:
Judging from that article by the Portland fan about the free throw disparity between Utah and the Fakers, I think it's logical for us to go ahead and start talking off-season right now, because there's no way the NBA powers that be are going to allow the Jazz to slip into the playoffs. And they'll feel justified, too, because, after all, if the Jazz got in, they would only be tied record-wise with the Fakers. Stern is just going to go ahead and activate his "tiebreaker" by making sure the Fakers win.

I'm about 99% sure the Jazz won't make the playoffs. When I saw the Fakers beat the Spurs without Kobe, I knew there is no way the NBA is going to allow us in over LA.

If the Jazz somehow win, watch the Lakers game on after and really pay attention to the officiating.

I don't think any way the jazz beat Griz with the powers to be. Just in case lakers are off the jazz will need one of there best games this year or we can kiss playoffs goodbye. We dont have our A+ Grizz will win. We need to over come some crapie calls just watch. Then rockets will need A+ to over come Refs in LA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheMagnus
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1765
Points : 2172
Reputation : 75
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 pm

Richardale wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:
Judging from that article by the Portland fan about the free throw disparity between Utah and the Fakers, I think it's logical for us to go ahead and start talking off-season right now, because there's no way the NBA powers that be are going to allow the Jazz to slip into the playoffs. And they'll feel justified, too, because, after all, if the Jazz got in, they would only be tied record-wise with the Fakers. Stern is just going to go ahead and activate his "tiebreaker" by making sure the Fakers win.

I'm about 99% sure the Jazz won't make the playoffs. When I saw the Fakers beat the Spurs without Kobe, I knew there is no way the NBA is going to allow us in over LA.

If the Jazz somehow win, watch the Lakers game on after and really pay attention to the officiating.

I don't think any way the jazz beat Griz with the powers to be. Just in case lakers are off the jazz will need one of there best games this year or we can kiss playoffs goodbye. We dont have our A+ Grizz will win. We need to over come some crapie calls just watch. Then rockets will need A+ to over come Refs in LA.

You know Richard, you have posted some pretty crazy rants about the refs over the years, and most of the time I'm like "ok, whatever" but after watching what has been going on here, thinking about the Donaghy scandal and the many other truly suspicious activity over the past 20 years, I think I owe you an apology. I will never consider your rants about officials off base again, just merely an angry commentary on a corrupt system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint Louis
Starter


Posts : 382
Points : 473
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Romoholic wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:
Judging from that article by the Portland fan about the free throw disparity between Utah and the Fakers, I think it's logical for us to go ahead and start talking off-season right now, because there's no way the NBA powers that be are going to allow the Jazz to slip into the playoffs. And they'll feel justified, too, because, after all, if the Jazz got in, they would only be tied record-wise with the Fakers. Stern is just going to go ahead and activate his "tiebreaker" by making sure the Fakers win.

I'm about 99% sure the Jazz won't make the playoffs. When I saw the Fakers beat the Spurs without Kobe, I knew there is no way the NBA is going to allow us in over LA.

If the Jazz somehow win, watch the Lakers game on after and really pay attention to the officiating.

Yep. Interesting thread going on in the "Rest of the League" category about how much the NBA would like to see the Lakers make the playoffs. Even without Kobe, the Lakers have: Dwight Howard, Pao Gasol, Antawn Jamison, Metal Whirled Pees, and Steve Nash! Even for a first round bow-out, that's bigger bucks for the NBA than the Jazz sneaking in. It's really ugly for people who care about fair play and honest competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
avatar

Posts : 1296
Points : 1397
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 pm

thejazzkickazz wrote:
Judging from that article by the Portland fan about the free throw disparity between Utah and the Fakers, I think it's logical for us to go ahead and start talking off-season right now, because there's no way the NBA powers that be are going to allow the Jazz to slip into the playoffs. And they'll feel justified, too, because, after all, if the Jazz got in, they would only be tied record-wise with the Fakers. Stern is just going to go ahead and activate his "tiebreaker" by making sure the Fakers win.

I totally agree with all the "no way Lakers dont make it" talk, and how Stern will make sure. But I think Stern making sure and the powers that be, went hand in hand with Kobe's guarantee they'd make it. Now? A boring Dwight, no Nash, injured Metta and Pau? Ummmm, no. Boring.
I think IF, there was a conspiracy, there isn't anymore without Kobe. But especially not now, because they wouldn't want the heat on them all for nothing.
Win or go home, and thats all it is for both those teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richardale
All Star
avatar

Posts : 657
Points : 726
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 52
Location : Hell in the summer. St george

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:
Judging from that article by the Portland fan about the free throw disparity between Utah and the Fakers, I think it's logical for us to go ahead and start talking off-season right now, because there's no way the NBA powers that be are going to allow the Jazz to slip into the playoffs. And they'll feel justified, too, because, after all, if the Jazz got in, they would only be tied record-wise with the Fakers. Stern is just going to go ahead and activate his "tiebreaker" by making sure the Fakers win.

I'm about 99% sure the Jazz won't make the playoffs. When I saw the Fakers beat the Spurs without Kobe, I knew there is no way the NBA is going to allow us in over LA.

If the Jazz somehow win, watch the Lakers game on after and really pay attention to the officiating.

I don't think any way the jazz beat Griz with the powers to be. Just in case lakers are off the jazz will need one of there best games this year or we can kiss playoffs goodbye. We dont have our A+ Grizz will win. We need to over come some crapie calls just watch. Then rockets will need A+ to over come Refs in LA.

You know Richard, you have posted some pretty crazy rants about the refs over the years, and most of the time I'm like "ok, whatever" but after watching what has been going on here, thinking about the Donaghy scandal and the many other truly suspicious activity over the past 20 years, I think I owe you an apology. I will never consider your rants about officials off base again, just merely an angry commentary on a corrupt system.


Thanks Mags was wondering when you was gonna come out and say your sorry. Twisted Evil When your watching a game and one team keeps getting touch fouls, Lakers live on the line. Other team gets rape and no whistle and refs just keep missing calls on one side? I'm ok with bad calls here and there but when its so lopsided it get old and i cant help but wonder why is it with the same teams over and over? We all know Lakers will be a money making machine not so much with our young no stars team. Sorry I've turn most my post into venting about poor calls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
outerspacefan
Starter
avatar

Posts : 287
Points : 302
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Outer Space

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Tha fact that the refs thing is old an it really doesn't make sense to insist on it, doesn't make it less certain that lopsided officiating actually costed the Jazz a little bunch of games, and that some teams and players are allowed to play with a level of aggression that other teams and players are not allowed to.
If you really want to do something about it just stop watching; if not, you have to take for granted that your team will have to win no matter what, and then go and try to enjoy the sport and your fanship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aliveandkickin
Starter


Posts : 257
Points : 310
Reputation : 29
Join date : 2012-04-27
Location : clearfield, Utah

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:16 am

outerspacefan wrote:
Lakers will make postseason, and it won't be the result of refs gifts. It will be Jazz own fault.

I agree. Despite hearing on ESPN how some analysts say "You all would rather see the Lakers in the playoffs, Kobe, Howard, Gasol, etc.. right?"

...almost an exact quote before Kobes injury, and despite the refs letting some players get more questionable calls go their way, the Jazz have their own lack of wins to blame if they don't make the playoffs..

Remember Mo missing a layup late in the fourth that would have helped them win a game- which would have been the difference in making the playoffs? Lack of making those shots are the reason, ultimately, they probably won't be in the playoffs.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what happens in free agency now. Pretty resigned they won't make the playoffs today, and getting less excited even if they do since a few key players will probably be gone anyhow... Still would like to see the youngsters get some playoff experience but o-well. On to next season ya'll.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crunchtime1
Starter


Posts : 339
Points : 395
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2012-04-27

PostSubject: New Posts Are Not Highlighted   Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:50 pm

Meant to post the last post here. New posts are not highlighted for me today like usual. Tried logging in and out to correct this problem to no avail. Anybody got any suggestions?

Rooting for a Jazz win and Laker loss to extend the season, but I will take the silver lining of better draft pick and new beginning if we don't get in. Wish we would get a new Coach too, but it doesn't sound like that is happening. Go Jazz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Romoholic
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1090
Points : 1284
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2012-04-26
Age : 42
Location : Layton, Utah

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
Meant to post the last post here. New posts are not highlighted for me today like usual. Tried logging in and out to correct this problem to no avail. Anybody got any suggestions?

Rooting for a Jazz win and Laker loss to extend the season, but I will take the silver lining of better draft pick and new beginning if we don't get in. Wish we would get a new Coach too, but it doesn't sound like that is happening. Go Jazz!

Not really sure. I have had that happen a couple of times in the past, but not recently. I'll look into it though.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
avatar

Posts : 1296
Points : 1397
Reputation : 73
Join date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:05 pm

F**K the Lakers, lets go Jazz, playoffs '13.

fyi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.   

Back to top Go down
 
Jazz Playoffs? It's a Laker's thing.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» do the Right thing
» York Region Playoffs
» HALTON REGION PLAYOFFS
» First thing to learn about golf
» OHL Playoffs - Rnd 2: Brampton vs Mississauga

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Utah Jazz Nation :: The Utah Jazz-
Jump to: