Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  randy foye Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

randy foye

Go down 
+9
TheMagnus
outerspacefan
Sampaguy
MTJazz
zero24gravity
Mutangclan
Crunchtime1
Romoholic
therawns
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
therawns
Starter

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Ric Bucher is reporting that Randy Foye has signed a one year deal with the Jazz.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:35 pm

therawns wrote:
Ric Bucher is reporting that Randy Foye has signed a one year deal with the Jazz.

Nice pickup if it's true. Also it would mean no Jimmer cheers

Dude shoots a good % from 3 he is a little undersized, but not much.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Crunchtime1
Starter

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks. His stats look kinda similar to Delfino's on first glance. I wonder whether management may have asked Mo about him? Hope Mo thinks he is a good addition.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

Well, he came in as a PG, but moved to SG. The only way this really makes sense to me is if they look at him as the primary backup PG. Utah already has a 2 guard they like off the bench. This would then give them 4 PG's, so this could be a compound move. Or maybe, Watson is not that close to being healthy.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Man!!! Who is this team????!!! I'm so used to getting aging journeymen, D league players......all these solid player pickups are blowing my mind!!

This isn't anything to do with PG's though, Foye hasn't been a pg forever and he's 6-4 (NBA.com). Also, we actually only have one true SG in Burks, correct? Maybe Murphy? So adding a vet SG to this........ Laughing

Randy Foye is a good shooting guard, that had to start last year for Chauncey Billups once he went out. Before that he was part of a "bench mob" crew in LA. Good solid scorer, good defender. Man, this is a great pickup!! Another 3pt shooter that shot 39% last year!!! Our Jazz that were the worst in the league in 3pt shooting, just added 3 players that all shot 39% last year from 3. Unreal.

I like it for other reasons too. I see alot of Foye in Burks, in style of play. I think it wont be said that Burks is going to be our guy off the bench, even though we all know he is. BUT! What a great pickup for Burks to battle and learn from, a guy that will push Burks for minutes, and if all else fails Foye is good enough to start too. But Foye also I'm sure assumes he's coming to the bench, just like he did last few years in LA, so he'll know his role. All on a one year contract??? Phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal.

Last edited by Mutangclan on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 pm

This team is set man.......can't believe how well this off season has gone!!!

PG: MO, Watson, Tinsley
SG: Burks, Foye, Murphy
SF: Hayward, Marv, DC
PF: Paul, DFav, Evans
C: Al, Kanter

Thats every position manned by a stud, great youth, vet leadership AND quality backups!! Unreal.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

Thats every position manned by a stud, great youth, vet leadership AND quality backups!! Unreal.

I agree he is here to play SG with burks not PG.

This team is looking very good. This is the best off season I can remember the Jazz ever having. KOC is doing work this year!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:12 pm

therawns wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
therawns wrote:

Well, he came in as a PG, but moved to SG. The only way this really makes sense to me is if they look at him as the primary backup PG. Utah already has a 2 guard they like off the bench. This would then give them 4 PG's, so this could be a compound move. Or maybe, Watson is not that close to being healthy.

You may be right. Has he played some point in recent seasons? I see nbadraft.net lists him as only 6-3 on his original draft card. Mo is a bit of a combo guard; if Randy is our number two PG, we will have two combo guards playing the point.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:18 pm

That's 15 players under contract if Murphy sticks (including Bell). Something else is going to happen via trade IMO.

Also looks like the only time you're going to see DC, Evans, Murphy and maybe even Kanter on the floor is if you watch a Reno Bighorns game. Hell, you may even see Alec in Reno if Foye moves ahead of him in the rotation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:25 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
That's 15 players under contract if Murphy sticks (including Bell). Something else is going to happen via trade IMO.

Also looks like the only time you're going to see DC, Evans, Murphy and maybe even Kanter on the floor is if you watch a Reno Bighorns game. Hell, you may even see Alec in Reno if Foye moves ahead of him in the rotation.

It's already decided that Bell won't be back, so that's 14 and the max is 15. They are good!
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:30 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

No way do they put foye ahead of burks and have him on the bench. Remember, the key last year was giving the core four meaningful minutes. No way, do they burry burks on the bench. This is why I still think this is a compound move. I look at him as the primary backup PG.

Bell will be bought out. He is actually in India. I actually know someone Bell is working with in association with basketball without borders. I am guessing when Bell gets back, the buyout will become official. (I do not talk to him, but friends with him on facebook as he was an administrator at my college, and we were more acquaintances.)
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Mutangclan wrote:

So we aren't expecting to see much of Hayward at shooting guard anymore? Seemed like there were lots of people last year claiming that SG was his best position. Guess he beefed up for more SF duty?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:36 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Yea, Bell still on the roster, so definite move coming, probably not just the buyout now. Good.

Hey you know what? Great coaching type decisions here. Burks looked great in Summer League, but you know what? You gotta earn your spot. If Burks wants to be the 6th man type for this team, well buddy you better earn it in camp, and not just beat up lesser guys in Summer League---beat up a quality vet. And on top of that nobody knows what Corbin wants to do, go big? Go small to start? Gordo at the 3? Gordo at the 2? Marv at the 3? Burks 2?

I mean, about the only spot that is secured an absolute now is Mo, starting at the 1!

For starting/minutes battles now we have Burks vs Gordo for starting 2 guard. We have Gordo/Marv SF. We have Paul/Marv SF/PF. Burks/Foye SG. Gordo/Paul SF. Paul/Fav PF. Fav/Al C, and even Watson/Tinsley for backup PG!
I mean, training camp is going to be a BLOODBATH--- I LOVE IT!
Guys will definitely be earning these spots.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Wow. Just wow. Talk about putting pieces together based on clear needs. At this point you'd think the Jazz were very content heading into camp having addressed the lack of outside shooting and stacked several deep now with guys who can play the point or SG; awesome flexibility and some crazy good combinations possible. Suddenly the Jazz have a legit 3 point threat at 3 positions among other things. I'm all good with Mr. KOC. So...if Foye can do PG duties well, are we waving goodbye to Tinsley or Watson bundled with Raja for another big? Jazz just got waaaay deeper.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:00 am

Solid solid signing! We just went from being one of the worst three point teams in the NBA to who knows, pretty decent! I hope we utilize the 3 point availability we'll have with our new guys.

With 14 on the roster I am looking for a backup PG and I can honestly say I haven't been this happy for our team in a long time!!

GO JAZZ!!!
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 am

Sampaguy wrote:
Solid solid signing! We just went from being one of the worst three point teams in the NBA to who knows, pretty decent! I hope we utilize the 3 point availability we'll have with our new guys.

With 14 on the roster I am looking for a backup PG and I can honestly say I haven't been this happy for our team in a long time!!

GO JAZZ!!!

If they don't it would be a huge waste of this off season. I think we have the ability to be one of the best three point teams in the league now.

With our front court and the shooters we now have, this team can be very good. I don't think we will be fighting for the 8th seed again this year.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:15 am

Romoholic wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

GO JAZZ!!!

If they don't it would be a huge waste of this off season. I think we have the ability to be one of the best three point teams in the league now.

With our front court and the shooters we now have, this team can be very good. I don't think we will be fighting for the 8th seed again this year.

Definitely. I tend to think they will. Isn't it telling that all of our latest additions are good 3 pt shooters. I don't want to go away from the flex offense but we need to utilize this to our fullest, 3 pt shot is no longer an art, its a layup for a lot of these guys, I think KOC and the organization see this and realize we need to get with program.

Get the ball out to Favors, Millsap or Jefferson and they get doubled, no problem..pass it out and guess what, no more CJ brick..LOL

Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:37 am

He will spend the majority of his time at PG. He came in as a combo guard. Played some PG until he got to the Clips.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:31 am

Good move.
Next one: bye bye to Bell/Watson, preferable Watson first, soon, NOW! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:54 am

therawns wrote:
He will spend the majority of his time at PG. He came in as a combo guard. Played some PG until he got to the Clips.

Not so much Rawns I dont think. I could see a combo of Bell/Watson or Tinsley moved for a young PG or Center, but I think we may be set......Before he got to the Clippers where he definitely was a 2, he was in WAshington with Gilbert Arenas who was the PG. Then in Minnesota before that he was the 2 again while Marko Jaric, Sebastian Telfair and others played the 1. Randy Foye has spent his career as a scoring 2 guard, and will once again on Utah. He's never been a passing guard, but a scoring guard. Also, the last month of the season he averaged 3.2 3's a game, highest in the league.

I'm sure he's bring brought in again as a shooter off the bench, and as Ric Bucher said, Foye was the best remaining shooting guard out there, score! Not to mention, being reported that its a 1yr/2.5m contract......CJ was making over a million more and we just got 10x the player for it. Awesome.

Its amazing this offseason. Our strength has been our bigs down low, and we addressed our most glaring needs in a massive way, but lost none of our strengths. Now with our dominators down low we have our new 3 of Foye, Marv and Mo who all shot 39% from 3 last year added to it. BIG TIME! Gordo dont forget even finished at 35% for the season last year and we know how rough he started out at. Four guys shooting a high percentage???!! When does the season start!

So yea, sweet. Its at least LIKELY that with our dominant bigs teaming with those shooters and giving them the space none of them have ever had, we could end up with 4 guys that shoot 40% from three this year. Add that to an 8th seed that is better as a whole too??? Does Burks bring his scoring and even another 3pt shooter???
Oi Vey!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:59 am

Sampaguy wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

GO JAZZ!!!

Definitely. I tend to think they will. Isn't it telling that all of our latest additions are good 3 pt shooters. I don't want to go away from the flex offense but we need to utilize this to our fullest, 3 pt shot is no longer an art, its a layup for a lot of these guys, I think KOC and the organization see this and realize we need to get with program.

Get the ball out to Favors, Millsap or Jefferson and they get doubled, no problem..pass it out and guess what, no more CJ brick..LOL

Whoa there big guy...one of the best 3pt shooting teams in the league? We still don't have a single guy on the team that shot over 40% last year, the Spurs have 6. Those are the best and worst 3 pt shooting teams in the NBA, both made the playoffs, both lost.

Here's the thing about the Flex, while everybody else in the NBA was going all 3pt crazy, the Jazz consistently posted one of the top offenses in the NBA while at the same time being one of the lowest in 3pt attempts. It is fact that you have to be able to shoot the 3 to be good offensively in the NBA, but that doesn't mean you have to shoot it a lot.

The beauty of the Flex is that it is designed to create shots in the paint. Even without wings that attack the basket off the dribble the Jazz consistently lead the league in points in the paint and fouls drawn, and that is a direct product of the Flex offense. It is tailor made to get post players into position to score either through posting up or popping to easy mid range jumpers.

Corbin has already made some changes, but with the quality of bigs that we have now I think it would be a HUGE mistake to abandon that scheme and philosophy to try and shoot more 3's. Just the fact that the Jazz have guys that can shoot will make the offense better, they don't have to go out of their way to create opportunities for them to shoot.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:02 am

I love this signing, and I am SUPER exited for this season. This is a 50+ win team on paper, and I'm excited to see what they can really do on the court.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:13 am

Out of curiosity, how did the Jazz pick up Foyle for only $2.5MM and 1-year? His numbers, age (prime of his career) and solid game, especially towards the end of the season would seem to put him in a better negotiation position than that. Could it be he actually WANTED to play for the Jazz, sees them as a rising team and figures if he shows well this season he can get a better contract for a team within a sniff of growing into a contender? Why didn't Clips re-sign him?
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:16 am

What a great signing Foye has really came into him own the last few seasons and has turned into a very good player at both the guard positions. With both Mo and Foye on the team the Jazz has plenty of time to find that young PG we all think they needed for the future, these two still have years to play before they start to break down. Now all the Jazz need is another big in case of injure maybe they can work out a sign and trade for R Lopez before the Hornets do with the Suns, they are in need of a back-up PG really bad so the Jazz could send them Bell (they used to really like him when he played for them) and Watson for Robin Lopez that would round out the team and give them everything they need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

randy foye Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye Empty

Back to top Go down

randy foye
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next