Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  randy foye - Page 3 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

randy foye

Go down 
+9
TheMagnus
outerspacefan
Sampaguy
MTJazz
zero24gravity
Mutangclan
Crunchtime1
Romoholic
therawns
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

randy foye - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 1:39 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Next season is the last sure one with Favors in a Jazz uni. Beyond it, nobody knows... He's got to start. I't his time to prove his worth.

Yeah if he doesn't start from here on out he would probably be looking to move on when his contract is up. They have to give the young guy the reigns and let him know that he is our future.

I think if they do that they will have no problem signing him to another contract.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Romoholic wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:
Next season is the last sure one with Favors in a Jazz uni. Beyond it, nobody knows... He's got to start. I't his time to prove his worth.

Yeah if he doesn't start from here on out he would probably be looking to move on when his contract is up. They have to give the young guy the reigns and let him know that he is our future.

I think if they do that they will have no problem signing him to another contract.

I think that Favors may start, or may come off the bench. But either way, he'll get starter minutes, which will be good enough to see what we've got, and good enough for him to be happy on a winning team and to resign him to a maximum year contract Smile Win/win.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:33 pm

I still think Foye gets some time at PG. THey say he cant create for others, but can bring it up and orchestrate an offesne. If he can orchestrate an offense, why not put him at PG. They have to at least experiment with it in preseason.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:58 am

Romoholic wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:

What? Favors will be a restricted fa, it will be ENTIRELY up to the jazz whether they keep him or not.

Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:02 am

Ya Foye should get playing time at the PG the more playing time he can get the better off the Jazz will be because of it, he brings a lot more to the floor than either Watson or Tinsley does IMO anyway and should get playing time over them. I think that the Jazz will be trading one of them before to long into the season and more then likely it will be Watson he was the one that had a problem with not playing last season and will again this coming season if Foye playes in front of him.

It is just time that Favors becomes the starter that is all there is to it he is the future of this team and everyone knows it and it is time for him to take over and become the leader of this team, it will be hard to do it coming off of the bench. The biggest thing about Favors being the starter is his defense how many times did the Jazz fall behind last season because they could not defend the basket most every game and thats why he needs to start he is the Jazz best defender in the paint.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:31 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
outerspacefan wrote:

Yeah if he doesn't start from here on out he would probably be looking to move on when his contract is up. They have to give the young guy the reigns and let him know that he is our future...

What? Favors will be a restricted fa, it will be ENTIRELY up to the jazz whether they keep him or not.

That's it Mag.
Would you match a Favors' max offer right now? I think I will, but it's a risky thing to do right now. He has to start AND play big minutes this season and prove himself.
I will use Millsap's situation as an analogy: Does he worth a max contract because he can be a superb player during 30 or 35 games when playing star minutes and used as it?
I think there's some doubts that have to be addressed about Favors, and the time is this coming season. Make him a starter and a primary weapon of the team and then we can go from there. Favors deserve the cahnce to do it.
Back to top Go down
Trollificus
All Star
Trollificus

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Pretty sure Foye will get the backup PG minutes and as a 3-pt shooter at SG. We've seen with Harris that our offense doesn't have to have a Grade A facilitator at PG.

As far as his SG minutes, is everyone forgetting how effective Hayward was on defense against the prototypical 6'5-6'7" SGs?? He gives us the one element every contender wants to have: LENGTH. We have, in the perfectly plausible Foye/Hayward/Millsap/Favors/Jefferson lineup, as lengthy a lineup as anybody, potential size advantages at every position.

That very consideration is why I favored getting Fes and/or AK back-size advantage.

And I'd really like to get Fes back. By all accounts, he was more fit when he signed with Indy than he had show with the Jazz. They DO have a lot of bigs, and his contract is shown on their roster page as "NA".

Let's not forget that he's the biggest "7'1"/280" player in the league. MOST of his problems with the Jazz were due to conditioning (drinking and smoking) issues, compounded by playing for Jerry Sloan, compounded by 20 years of Karl and John. The kid has always had a lot of potential and I'd LOVE to see him back as an emergency big.

Oh, and PS) Our "elite" SF is Hayward. Seriously. He probably won't stay quick enough to guard the SGs, so he's going to SF and I wouldn't waste a draft pick or Millsap to get a "star" player to take his minutes. A 20 ppg SF wouldn't be an improvement unless he could also defend, rebound, handle the ball and pass as well as Hayward can. Hayward's the anti-Melo, so let's not go in the wrong direction at the position.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Trollificus wrote:

As far as his SG minutes, is everyone forgetting how effective Hayward was on defense against the prototypical 6'5-6'7" SGs?? He gives us the one element every contender wants to have: LENGTH. We have, in the perfectly plausible Foye/Hayward/Millsap/Favors/Jefferson lineup, as lengthy a lineup as anybody, potential size advantages at every position.

Oh, and PS) Our "elite" SF is Hayward. Seriously. He probably won't stay quick enough to guard the SGs, so he's going to SF and I wouldn't waste a draft pick or Millsap to get a "star" player to take his minutes. A 20 ppg SF wouldn't be an improvement unless he could also defend, rebound, handle the ball and pass as well as Hayward can. Hayward's the anti-Melo, so let's not go in the wrong direction at the position.

I have definitely thought 2 is Haywards best spot. But you're right Troll, Hayward may be our best SF. But like Paul Millsap at the 3 instead of 4, I think Gordo plays a good SF, but plays a great SG. As good as Burks is, or anyone else, I think we just need to play Gordo at the 2 for 95% of his time out there. He defends is well, and is able to take advantage of the opposing teams 2 guard at the other end.
Also, Im telling you guys now, Marv is going to be our great SF. The change of scenery, but more than anything else playing on a team that actually plays to his strengths, is going to bring out a great SF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

randy foye
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3