Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  randy foye - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

randy foye

Go down 
+9
TheMagnus
outerspacefan
Sampaguy
MTJazz
zero24gravity
Mutangclan
Crunchtime1
Romoholic
therawns
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

randy foye - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:41 am

MTJazz wrote:
Out of curiosity, how did the Jazz pick up Foyle for only $2.5MM and 1-year? His numbers, age (prime of his career) and solid game, especially towards the end of the season would seem to put him in a better negotiation position than that. Could it be he actually WANTED to play for the Jazz, sees them as a rising team and figures if he shows well this season he can get a better contract for a team within a sniff of growing into a contender? Why didn't Clips re-sign him?

Here's the problem with Foye, with remarkable consistency he has been better as a starter than he is comming off the bench. Unfortunatley he's just not good enough to be a starter for a good team. His natural role and position given his skills and ability is that of a combo guard that can come in and give you 15-20 minutes at either PG or SG, unfortunately, for some reason when he has been in that role he has been terrible.

So that gives some concern going in...What will his role be with the Jazz? Will he be able to perform in that role?

Still, I think this was a solid pick-up as it really addressed the only two "needs" I thought the Jazz had. I think if no more moves are made the Jazz will need him at PG before the year is up, and having a solid vet to fill Bells spot at SG is a good thing given the depth chart is really just Burks and Murphy with Hayward maybe spending some time there. Now Murphy can go spend some time in the D-League if he's not getting any play and it won't be a huge deal if one or two of our delicate PG's go down with injuries.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:27 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
Romoholic wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
Solid solid signing! We just went from being one of the worst three point teams in the NBA to who knows, pretty decent! I hope we utilize the 3 point availability we'll have with our new guys.

With 14 on the roster I am looking for a backup PG and I can honestly say I haven't been this happy for our team in a long time!!

GO JAZZ!!!

If they don't it would be a huge waste of this off season. I think we have the ability to be one of the best three point teams in the league now.

With our front court and the shooters we now have, this team can be very good. I don't think we will be fighting for the 8th seed again this year.

Definitely. I tend to think they will. Isn't it telling that all of our latest additions are good 3 pt shooters. I don't want to go away from the flex offense but we need to utilize this to our fullest, 3 pt shot is no longer an art, its a layup for a lot of these guys, I think KOC and the organization see this and realize we need to get with program.

Get the ball out to Favors, Millsap or Jefferson and they get doubled, no problem..pass it out and guess what, no more CJ brick..LOL

Whoa there big guy...one of the best 3pt shooting teams in the league? We still don't have a single guy on the team that shot over 40% last year, the Spurs have 6. Those are the best and worst 3 pt shooting teams in the NBA, both made the playoffs, both lost.

Here's the thing about the Flex, while everybody else in the NBA was going all 3pt crazy, the Jazz consistently posted one of the top offenses in the NBA while at the same time being one of the lowest in 3pt attempts. It is fact that you have to be able to shoot the 3 to be good offensively in the NBA, but that doesn't mean you have to shoot it a lot.

The beauty of the Flex is that it is designed to create shots in the paint. Even without wings that attack the basket off the dribble the Jazz consistently lead the league in points in the paint and fouls drawn, and that is a direct product of the Flex offense. It is tailor made to get post players into position to score either through posting up or popping to easy mid range jumpers.

Corbin has already made some changes, but with the quality of bigs that we have now I think it would be a HUGE mistake to abandon that scheme and philosophy to try and shoot more 3's. Just the fact that the Jazz have guys that can shoot will make the offense better, they don't have to go out of their way to create opportunities for them to shoot.

The issue is not the flex offense, it obviously works. You said it right that the Jazz consistently posted one of the top offenses in the NBA so it's not a knack on it, in fact I don't want it to go away. It's the foundation for our offense. However the word adaptation comes to mind when I think about this situation, so many times I have seen this in the last few seasons, we go in and run our offense to perfection and get a high percentage layup or shot and the other team counters it with a 3. You can't trade 2's for 3's and that's my concern being as you said we are "one of the lowest in 3pt attempts."

Adapting the flex to set up for some threes should work, it's the same concept except you are further from the hoop. My take on our guys shooting a lower % from the 3pt line is simple, it's a combination of their skill and the fact that we don't really run plays for the 3pt shot, in essence I believe if we start implementing it more it could be beneficial for us.

It's not like I want them to be the top 3pt shooting team in the league but being in the bottom does not help and I can guarantee it won't get us far in the playoffs.

On a side note, I believe he will play mostly SG there fore the backup PG situation still looms, for me anyways Smile
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:57 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Out of curiosity, how did the Jazz pick up Foyle for only $2.5MM and 1-year?

the jazz signed adonal foyle? Ummm... no thanks. just kidding, but thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:05 pm

Sampaguy wrote:
The issue is not the flex offense, it obviously works. You said it right that the Jazz consistently posted one of the top offenses in the NBA so it's not a knack on it, in fact I don't want it to go away. It's the foundation for our offense. However the word adaptation comes to mind when I think about this situation, so many times I have seen this in the last few seasons, we go in and run our offense to perfection and get a high percentage layup or shot and the other team counters it with a 3. You can't trade 2's for 3's and that's my concern being as you said we are "one of the lowest in 3pt attempts."

Adapting the flex to set up for some threes should work, it's the same concept except you are further from the hoop. My take on our guys shooting a lower % from the 3pt line is simple, it's a combination of their skill and the fact that we don't really run plays for the 3pt shot, in essence I believe if we start implementing it more it could be beneficial for us.

It's not like I want them to be the top 3pt shooting team in the league but being in the bottom does not help and I can guarantee it won't get us far in the playoffs.

On a side note, I believe he will play mostly SG there fore the backup PG situation still looms, for me anyways Smile

That is actually where I think a lot of people are kind of narrow minded about scoring. 2 and 1 is the same as 3. Making 50% of your 2pt shots and getting free throws 20% of the time is as good as making 38% of your 3pt shots and getting free throws 5% of the time.

But you are right about adapting the Flex, and when the Jazz have had shooters those adjustments have been made. Sloan doesn't get enough credit for adapting the flex for Memo. I mean you look at the history of Jazz centers and Memo was an entirely different animal, but the offense was adjusted so he could made a living shooting the 3 out of the secondary break and off of the pin down in the Flex. Hornaceck and Korver both shot the ball extremely well out of the flex offense, as did Williams and Stockton, so there is certainly precedent there.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:16 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

But you are right about adapting the Flex, and when the Jazz have had shooters those adjustments have been made. Sloan doesn't get enough credit for adapting the flex for Memo. I mean you look at the history of Jazz centers and Memo was an entirely different animal, but the offense was adjusted so he could made a living shooting the 3 out of the secondary break and off of the pin down in the Flex. Hornaceck and Korver both shot the ball extremely well out of the flex offense, as did Williams and Stockton, so there is certainly precedent there.

I think the best thing about signing all these 3pt shooters, are that none of them are known as 3pt shooters. They just happen to shoot a good percentage. None of these guys are just a Novak or Korver. We've added outside shooting, slashing and scoring, not just 3's. So I think thats where the talk should come in with how it works with the offense. First and foremost, now if a team like the Spurs pack it in, and force us to shoot outside like last year, well now we have guys that when they take a 3 it can be considered a high percentage or good shot, unlike last year. Good teams can shut down one facet of a teams offense, and thats what got us last year, because we were mostly just one dimensional. Now, we have a team that really can't be shutdown on O.

So we dont need to adapt anything really to any of these guys. They all are good jumpshooters inside the arc, and this offense has wrinkles to it that include the Harpring jumpers etc. If guys are double teamed, we'll have options for the post guys to pass it to the open guy for his jumper, instead of consistently only going inside.
Options baby, good options inside and out are the key.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:51 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

That is actually where I think a lot of people are kind of narrow minded about scoring. 2 and 1 is the same as 3. Making 50% of your 2pt shots and getting free throws 20% of the time is as good as making 38% of your 3pt shots and getting free throws 5% of the time.

I understand your point, although I do remember even with Memo and Korver that we still shot a low 3pt percentage as a team. I don't think that'll happen this year. I am excited to see how it all turns out.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Sampaguy wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

I understand your point, although I do remember even with Memo and Korver that we still shot a low 3pt percentage as a team. I don't think that'll happen this year. I am excited to see how it all turns out.

As much as I love Jerry, I think that was his fault mostly. He was so old school he never embraced the 3 point shot. He didn't put much focus on defending it either.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:16 pm

My question is what this will do to Burks minutes, what about Carroll?
They still only have 240 minutes a game to go around. I don't mind Foye and he is an improvement on CJ, Bell, and maybe even Howard, and he is on a one year deal, but the Jazz can go get as many Foye type players as they want but it doesn't get them any closer to an elite SF or elite PG.
Maybe KOC is building up to a huge 2013.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Sampaguy wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

I think you remember incorrectly...

2007-2008: 37.2% (10th)
2008-2009: 35.0% (26th)
2009-2010: 36.4% (7th)

The drop in 2008-2009 was mostly due to D-Will hurting his wrist and ankle and shooting 31%. Those three years the Jazz were an offensive juggernaut, they just couldn't defend for crap, and all of those three years they were bottom 5 in 3pt shots attempted.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:18 pm

rorybreaker wrote:
My question is what this will do to Burks minutes, what about Carroll?
They still only have 240 minutes a game to go around. I don't mind Foye and he is an improvement on CJ, Bell, and maybe even Howard, and he is on a one year deal, but the Jazz can go get as many Foye type players as they want but it doesn't get them any closer to an elite SF or elite PG.
Maybe KOC is building up to a huge 2013.

I'm thinking KOC does not really care about anyone's presumed minutes/development minutes and is assembling a cast of characters who will fight their way into rotation minutes as deserved. I think the Jazz have an aim to improve on last year, keep the young core intact, see who on contract deserves an extension for the full window of blossoming of the young guns when they have craploads of salary options next off-season. Plus, as we all know, injuries happen or a guy gets hot - can't be too deep. While we "love" Burks since we drafted him and he played pretty well for a rookie, he is ultimately tradable if he can't crack regular rotation minutes and show signs of starter or 6th man material. Carroll? He's called cheap insurance with upside but also disposable if the Jazz bring on someone better or fits a more pressing need. I see the next season as a "Jazz have re-arrived" run with intense internal competition for tick, see who earns a spot for what seems like a narrow window for getting back into conversations about being contenders. Realistically, this window of hope/opportunity only comes around every couple of decades for small market teams and I heartily approve of KOC's efforts so far.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:36 pm

The bottom line is that to move to the next level the Jazz need elite players to go along with the core of youngsters and it's not guys like Foye, Marvin or Mo'. They are alright and needed for the time being but when the time comes to pull the trigger on a trade or to sign a free agent they better have money and a spot. Plus every minute Foye gets will probably be taken fom Burks and his development will not be as quick.
The Jazz like to use old vets rather than develop younger guys, they even kept D Will on the bench behind someone that was not half the player. Jarron Collins took lots of minutes away from young guys, Bell was going to be a replacement for Matthews and or Korver, they need to develop players rather than recycle older players and I think Foye might be an example of this.
Back to top Go down
Sampaguy
Rookie
Sampaguy

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:50 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Sampaguy wrote:

I think you remember incorrectly...

The drop in 2008-2009 was mostly due to D-Will hurting his wrist and ankle and shooting 31%. Those three years the Jazz were an offensive juggernaut, they just couldn't defend for crap, and all of those three years they were bottom 5 in 3pt shots attempted.

I stand corrected Smile
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:53 pm

rorybreaker wrote:
The bottom line is that to move to the next level the Jazz need elite players to go along with the core of youngsters and it's not guys like Foye, Marvin or Mo'. They are alright and needed for the time being but when the time comes to pull the trigger on a trade or to sign a free agent they better have money and a spot. Plus every minute Foye gets will probably be taken fom Burks and his development will not be as quick.
The Jazz like to use old vets rather than develop younger guys, they even kept D Will on the bench behind someone that was not half the player. Jarron Collins took lots of minutes away from young guys, Bell was going to be a replacement for Matthews and or Korver, they need to develop players rather than recycle older players and I think Foye might be an example of this.

Dont think so. Foye is 28, and what you spoke of was more a Jerry Sloan way of doing things. Jerry's gone, and Foye is a great pickup. All you have to look at is the one year deal. Even he knows he's only worth a one year deal. Come in, push Burks, maybe show him some tricks, and the best man will win. It'll be Burks anyway......

Foye and Marvin both may very well be our bench guys, they're not being looked at as elite. Then again, where are all the available elite players???? Not out there man........well, until 2013 when as it stands now we only have one contract on the books, right?
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:58 pm

rorybreaker wrote:

The think is though the Jazz don't get "elite" guys through FA. So that's really not an option unless they grossly overpay for them. It's just the reality of being a Jazz fan. KOC is doing everything he can do. He has to go about things different than the large markets.

Also they are moving away from signing old guys like they have in the past. They are just going to have to develop the young guys and try to get quality FAs that are good values.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:04 pm

[quote="

The drop in 2008-2009 was mostly due to D-Will hurting his wrist and ankle and shooting 31%. Those three years the Jazz were an offensive juggernaut, they just couldn't defend for crap, and all of those three years they were bottom 5 in 3pt shots attempted.[/quote]

07 08 we shot better but moved down from 09 10? Crazy what stats can do,
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Romoholic wrote:
rorybreaker wrote:

The think is though the Jazz don't get "elite" guys through FA. So that's really not an option unless they grossly overpay for them. It's just the reality of being a Jazz fan. KOC is doing everything he can do. He has to go about things different than the large markets.

Also they are moving away from signing old guys like they have in the past. They are just going to have to develop the young guys and try to get quality FAs that are good values.
The whole "Jazz can't get great free agents" has been about money more than people wanting to come to SLC. Boozer, Okur, didn't have a problem coming here and I can't think of many free agent that said they didn't want to come here. Guys like Howard didn't want to go to Hollywood, D Williams passed up a chance to play in Big D, his hometown. The biggest reason the Jazz haven't picked up huge name free agents is more because Miller didn't have the money to go after them. When the Jazz tried going after restricted FA's like Jason Terry, they got burned, Terry would have liked to come but his offer was matched. The Jazz have always done well with trades and draft picks, they haven't had to go after an expensive free agent like a team like the Knicks. Marbury, Steve Francis, you name it if it was a guy with a name they were all over them and it usually blew up in their faces, ask Scotty Layden.
Like I said I don't have problem with what KOC has done but I have two concerns, one was Marvin for two years (and yes he definately will opt in to his last year) and Foye taking minutes away from the kids.
Corbin did pull Carroll after he was playing pretty good as soon as Howard came back, that reminded me of a Sloan move.
Overall I don't know many people that support KOC more than I do, and I still have faith in him, I'll bet Millsap doesn't make it through the trade deadline and the Jazz will get an elite player out of the deal.
Back to top Go down
rorybreaker
6th man

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
rorybreaker wrote:

Dont think so. Foye is 28, and what you spoke of was more a Jerry Sloan way of doing things. Jerry's gone, and Foye is a great pickup. All you have to look at is the one year deal. Even he knows he's only worth a one year deal. Come in, push Burks, maybe show him some tricks, and the best man will win. It'll be Burks anyway......

Foye and Marvin both may very well be our bench guys, they're not being looked at as elite. Then again, where are all the available elite players???? Not out there man........well, until 2013 when as it stands now we only have one contract on the books, right?
Evans, with options, Marvin (there is no way he opts out) Kanter, Hayward, Burks, Favors.
Thats about $25 -26 mil in salaries for eight players. If Murphy, Tinsley and Watson stayed thats no more than about $5 million, not sure about Carroll but he wouldn't be much. Thats up to nine players for about $30-31 million.
From that the Jazz still need
1) an elite PG
2) an elite SF
3) a good big that can play between the PF/C I would think Big Al with a $9-10 million contract would fill that slot.
4) another C that is either a young project or old vet that can fill in, no more than $3-4 million for him.
Thats about $45 million, at least $13 million under the cap.
Use Millsap properly and two draft picks and the Jazz could do well in 2013.
Again, I trust KOC but sometimes I still think "WTF"
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:13 pm

After talking to teams like New York, Chicago, Houston, Dallas and Atlanta throughout his free agency, he picked Utah.

"… It’s not about where you live," Foye said. "It’s all about basketball, and the team that has the best opportunity out of the teams I was looking at was the Utah Jazz."

Saying the right things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:28 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
After talking to teams like New York, Chicago, Houston, Dallas and Atlanta throughout his free agency, he picked Utah.

"… It’s not about where you live," Foye said. "It’s all about basketball, and the team that has the best opportunity out of the teams I was looking at was the Utah Jazz."

Saying the right things.

That's actually really cool to hear a FA talk like that about the Jazz.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 am

I think that Foye's play the past 2 season's has really picked up and he is turning into a very good player that can do it at both the PG and SG positions, if he had to take over the starting PG if Mo get's injured I think he can step in and run the team just as good or maybe even a little better. I really like this signing for the Jazz and I hope they will be able to keep him around for years to come the guy don't mind coming off of the bench all he wants is playing time and he will be getting that with the Jazz for sure, he is the kind of player the Jazz has been looking for with his ability to hit the 3 pt shot to help spread the floor giving the big's room in the paint to play their game. I don't know if I would want him to start over Burks at this point because I think he has worked hard over the summer on his game and with the way he played in the summer league games looks like he is ready to take the job on but if Foye is able to out play him head to head then I guess I would be OK with it if that is the way things work out. I think his signing has made the Jazz a better team no doubt about it he fills one of the big needs of 3 pt shooter's they had going into the summer for sure, now I would like to see the Jazz find a big in case of an injure then they will be set.

I would be OK like other's have already said if they was to bring Fess back when they had to play him two season's ago when they had injure's to one of the big's against the Nuggets he was able to play pretty good ball for them and I think if he was the last guy coming off of the bench he would be able to help the team again. Another guy that I would not mind seeing the Jazz go after is Donatas Motiejunas from Houston I was watching him play in the summer league and he looked pretty good and I think the Jazz could make a trade with Watson to get him the Rockets needs help at the PG position to help back-up Lin so I think they might go for it and maybe send back a second round pick along with him.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 am

dongibby wrote:
I think that Foye's play the past 2 season's has really picked up and he is turning into a very good player that can do it at both the PG and SG positions, if he had to take over the starting PG if Mo get's injured I think he can step in and run the team just as good or maybe even a little better. I really like this signing for the Jazz and I hope they will be able to keep him around for years to come the guy don't mind coming off of the bench all he wants is playing time and he will be getting that with the Jazz for sure, he is the kind of player the Jazz has been looking for with his ability to hit the 3 pt shot to help spread the floor giving the big's room in the paint to play their game. I don't know if I would want him to start over Burks at this point because I think he has worked hard over the summer on his game and with the way he played in the summer league games looks like he is ready to take the job on but if Foye is able to out play him head to head then I guess I would be OK with it if that is the way things work out. I think his signing has made the Jazz a better team no doubt about it he fills one of the big needs of 3 pt shooter's they had going into the summer for sure, now I would like to see the Jazz find a big in case of an injure then they will be set.

I would be OK like other's have already said if they was to bring Fess back when they had to play him two season's ago when they had injure's to one of the big's against the Nuggets he was able to play pretty good ball for them and I think if he was the last guy coming off of the bench he would be able to help the team again. Another guy that I would not mind seeing the Jazz go after is Donatas Motiejunas from Houston I was watching him play in the summer league and he looked pretty good and I think the Jazz could make a trade with Watson to get him the Rockets needs help at the PG position to help back-up Lin so I think they might go for it and maybe send back a second round pick along with him.

Agree on the signing particularly because Foye can compete for both the SG and PG minutes. Talk about huge flexibility. I can totally see Mo and him on the floor at the same time with Hayward - basically three guys that can initiate the offense from 3 different spots on the floor at the same time they can drop a dagger from 3 if left alone. Gives me goosebumps! Time for Watson or Tinsley to hit the road so we can add a scrub big. I'm not that psyched on Fess but wouldn't hate it - I feel like we have already done the Fess experiment but he is what he is, an end of bench DND guy useful in spot minutes during emergencies. I'll checkout Donatas playing for Lithuania in the Olympics - supposed to be a medal contender.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:47 pm

mmm... no way Houston give up Motiejunas for Watson and second rounder... but of course I'm not Morey...
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:44 am

MTJazz wrote:

Agree on the signing particularly because Foye can compete for both the SG and PG minutes. Talk about huge flexibility. I can totally see Mo and him on the floor at the same time with Hayward - basically three guys that can initiate the offense from 3 different spots on the floor at the same time they can drop a dagger from 3 if left alone. Gives me goosebumps! Time for Watson or Tinsley to hit the road so we can add a scrub big. I'm not that psyched on Fess but wouldn't hate it - I feel like we have already done the Fess experiment but he is what he is, an end of bench DND guy useful in spot minutes during emergencies. I'll checkout Donatas playing for Lithuania in the Olympics - supposed to be a medal contender.

Yea, I love that part of it. And on the other side of it, we have so many effective different lineups....man, it's like Hometown Buffet, so many delicious choices.

Donatas Montiejunas isn't going anywhere but Houston, not even a possibility Don. Unless it was for Al.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:56 am

Mutangclan wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Yea, I love that part of it. And on the other side of it, we have so many effective different lineups....man, it's like Hometown Buffet, so many delicious choices.

Donatas Montiejunas isn't going anywhere but Houston, not even a possibility Don. Unless it was for Al.

You guys really think so well can't blame a guy for wanting someone like him but looking at the Rockets roster they have a few guys that are 6'10 and above and with the signing of Asik and the other big guys Montiejunas might not be getting very much playing time. The one position that the Rockets are short at is the PG spot and that is why I was thinking they might be willing to deal Montiejunas but if not him then maybe Josh Harrellson he played well for the Knicks at times last season, they need a back-up PG and Jazz need a big in case of injure so maybe they can work something out with each other.

I have to say that I really liked what I seen from Montiejunas in summer league play and understand why the Rockets would not want to let him go, he is a true 7 footer who can play basketball just what the Jazz is in need of. With the Jazz being in the West they have to deal with teams that have 7 footers most every game and I think the Jazz has problems at the end of game's getting rebounds and protecting the basket that is why I would like to see them go after a true 7 footer. But if Favors is in the game at the end they do a better job at getting those rebounds so I am hoping that he gets to be a starter this coming season and is on the floor at the end of games it could really win them more game's IMO anyway.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Next season is the last sure one with Favors in a Jazz uni. Beyond it, nobody knows... He's got to start. I't his time to prove his worth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: randy foye   randy foye - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

randy foye
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next