Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  If Corbin gets fired.... - Page 3 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Corbin gets fired....

Go down 
+10
outerspacefan
zero24gravity
MTJazz
Romoholic
Sackataters
Professo_Sloan
Mutangclan
TheMagnus
therawns
The Voice of Reason
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

If Corbin gets fired.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If Corbin gets fired....   If Corbin gets fired.... - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:16 am

Richardale wrote:
You know the jazz have a snowballs chance in hell to win it all this year so why not push our youth for tomarrow.

Never been a fan of that kind of thinking, I don't think it makes you better now or later.

Also, don't be in such a hurry to write Foye off as a rental. He has good trade value this year, but if he isn't dealt I would not be surprised to see the jazz pick him up long term.

Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: If Corbin gets fired....   If Corbin gets fired.... - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:
You know the jazz have a snowballs chance in hell to win it all this year so why not push our youth for tomarrow.

Never been a fan of that kind of thinking, I don't think it makes you better now or later.

Also, don't be in such a hurry to write Foye off as a rental. He has good trade value this year, but if he isn't dealt I would not be surprised to see the jazz pick him up long term.

Foye's outside shooting is definitely needed. I wouldn't mind if the team signed him for a couple more years....... as long as his role is a bench player going forward. If he continues to be starting then I'd just rather not have him after this year. I said it right after the team signed him (paraphrased), "If your team is starting Foye, then your team has a serious problem".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: If Corbin gets fired....   If Corbin gets fired.... - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 am

Richardale wrote:

I guess I won't be gaining any 'reputation points' for this response, but I absolutely disagree with this sentiment. I think it's much more important to play your best line-ups in order to get into the playoffs. Now, whatever those 'best line-ups' happen to be, that is open to debate, but I'm pretty certain that the best line-up the Jazz have would not jibe with the youth movement concept.

Why should the Jazz strive for the playoffs, even though they don't have a snowballs chance? Obviously to get the young players playoff experience, and also to instill a winning mentality amongst the young players. It's all fine and dandy to play the young guys, but if the team loses games because of it and fails to make the playoffs, what kind of mentality is that instilling? I'll tell you what kind...the kind that makes the Washington Wizards what they are today, and the kind that kept the Clippers in the basement for three decades.

Corbin is doing an okay job balancing winning with getting the young guy experience. I concur with the other commentors recently who have suggested that the one major failing Ty has right now is his need to start veterans over young guys, even when it's obvious that some of the veterans are not deserving of starts (I'm looking at you, Randy Foye!) A few little tweaks in the current rotation, and Ty could have it just about perfect, given his current personnel. I'd elect to start Burks or Hayward over Foye, and possibly put DeMarre in over Marvin. But hell, I could be wrong. Ty's job is not easy.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: If Corbin gets fired....   If Corbin gets fired.... - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:22 pm

thejazzkickazz wrote:
Richardale wrote:

I guess I won't be gaining any 'reputation points' for this response, but I absolutely disagree with this sentiment. I think it's much more important to play your best line-ups in order to get into the playoffs. Now, whatever those 'best line-ups' happen to be, that is open to debate, but I'm pretty certain that the best line-up the Jazz have would not jibe with the youth movement concept.

Why should the Jazz strive for the playoffs, even though they don't have a snowballs chance? Obviously to get the young players playoff experience, and also to instill a winning mentality amongst the young players. It's all fine and dandy to play the young guys, but if the team loses games because of it and fails to make the playoffs, what kind of mentality is that instilling? I'll tell you what kind...the kind that makes the Washington Wizards what they are today, and the kind that kept the Clippers in the basement for three decades.

Corbin is doing an okay job balancing winning with getting the young guy experience. I concur with the other commentors recently who have suggested that the one major failing Ty has right now is his need to start veterans over young guys, even when it's obvious that some of the veterans are not deserving of starts (I'm looking at you, Randy Foye!) A few little tweaks in the current rotation, and Ty could have it just about perfect, given his current personnel. I'd elect to start Burks or Hayward over Foye, and possibly put DeMarre in over Marvin. But hell, I could be wrong. Ty's job is not easy.

Wrong, I just hit you with one because respectful disagreement is what this board should be all about, and while others might not agree with your view your opinion counts in our little universe here. Just want to clarify my position. When people were suggesting the Jazz tank last year to get a lotto pick I was all against that for reasons you bring up - instilling a winning mentality, get the young players playoff experience. Last year, however, I wasn't feeling like the young guys were basically going undeveloped and the core veterans had another year to play together. This year I do in fact feel that Kanter, Evans and Burks, hell, even Murphy, could stand a bit more of an audition because it looks likely the core veterans will in fact be down the road - this team will look nothing the same heading into the new season - and there is no real chemistry to develop going forward, it is going to be a new recipe no matter what. I'm not suggesting that the young guys get stupid amounts of playing time but I think guys like Burks and Kanter need in-game experience to develop or to preview their top end. Plus, the Jazz will not win a championship until/unless they get super lucky on draft picks or trades for under-rated players who rise to star level, ala Stock and Malone, to build around. Unfortunately and much to my disappointment, our young core does not have "build a team around me future stars" written on them. Nice complimentary pieces, yes, and GH's case more than that, (really good starter or one of the leagues better 6th men). So, I say let the young guys play more, consider the rest of the season an audition of the current roster and prepare for the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Corbin gets fired....   If Corbin gets fired.... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

If Corbin gets fired....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3