Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumors, rumors, rumors

Go down 
+15
Romoholic
outerspacefan
Professo_Sloan
not-worried-man
therawns
Tarakaan
thejazzkickazz
dongibby
zero24gravity
Richardale
The Voice of Reason
Mutangclan
MTJazz
TheMagnus
Jazz Dog
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:30 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
• Ken Berger, CBSSports.com: Josh Smith is not opposed to Milwaukee — the city or the weather — and likes the Bucks’ roster enough to re-sign there if traded, a league source told CBSSports.com Wednesday. … Milwaukee’s chances of landing the 6-foot-9 forward were viewed in some league circles as diminished by the team’s small-market and cold-weather status. Smith, however, is more interested in the talent he’ll be playing with than geography.

If that is so, then he "talent" in Utah is better than Milwaukee. Of coarse, if Smith is wanting a max deal, then I don't think the Jazz would be very interested in that.

In response to my own post ...

Sekou Smith @SekouSmithNBA now
Josh Smith; "I never asked for the max. Those words never came out of my mouth."

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:40 pm

It's looking more and more likely that my prediction of nothing happening is gonna come true. I can handle that, They team is building up some good momentum for the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
https://jazznation.forumotion.com
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody now
Raja Bell's camp isn't expecting the Utah Jazz guard to be involved in a trade today. "Probably not," his agent said. One hour to deadline.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody 1 minute ago
Raja Bell's agent said he has "no idea" if the Jazz guard will remain on the roster or be released if the 36-year-old isn't traded.

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA about 5 minutes ago
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Utah Jazz come out of nowhere and trade Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap. That's how Dennis Lindsey rolls.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:27 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Raja Bell's camp isn't expecting the Utah Jazz guard to be involved in a trade today. "Probably not," his agent said. One hour to deadline.

I think everybody (meaning: the Lakers) is expecting Bell to be released after the deadline passes, then they can just grab him off the wire. That is why they made almost their entire bench available for basically nothing (no kidding, they basically put 4 or 5 players out on the curb with a sign that says "free to a good home"), so they could clear a couple roster spots to pick up vets off the waiver wire after the deadline. who kows if anybody wants any of what the Lakers have, but I think that is their plan.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:31 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Josh Smith; "I never asked for the max. Those words never came out of my mouth."

I was just going to post this. Can't remember who it was I was arguing about with Josh Smith having a bad attitude, being a bad apple and now look he is even "calling himself a max player" deserving of a max contract. Put in there how it's always "sources" and not to trust anything unless it comes from a players mouth, so dont pass up on talent.

I'd love for it to happen late, 30mins to go. Josh Smith to Utah, or Rondo.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

I was just going to post this. Can't remember who it was I was arguing about with Josh Smith having a bad attitude, being a bad apple and now look he is even "calling himself a max player" deserving of a max contract. Put in there how it's always "sources" and not to trust anything unless it comes from a players mouth, so dont pass up on talent.

I'd love for it to happen late, 30mins to go. Josh Smith to Utah, or Rondo.

I'm getting a distinct feeling that at this point the Jazz may be trying to work a smaller deal, leveraging the Jazz smaller expiring contracts (Bell, Watson, Tinsley, Foye...) to bring back a rotation palyer for nothing, or even just to clear a roster spot.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisHW 3 minutes ago
I can't wait to find out in the next 15 minutes if Dennis Lindsey runs the most quietest ship in the league, or they legitimately stand pat.

Bill Oram @tribjazz 1 minute ago
3 p.m. Jazz appear to have stood pat. Will let you know.

Last edited by zero24gravity on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 pm

So no move by the Jazz! I'm good with it.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Romoholic wrote:
So no move by the Jazz! I'm good with it.

Looks that way, but we won't know for sure for another hour or so...it's more of a soft deadline.

I'm also good with it, if it ends up holding.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:09 pm

If thats the case, then being fine just letting Al or Paul walk in the summer, really doesn't seem all that great, without getting something.
Hopefully there is a plan to sign one.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
If thats the case, then being fine just letting Al or Paul walk in the summer, really doesn't seem all that great, without getting something.

I'd call $40+ Million in cap space and bird rights a "plan" of sorts....
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Call it! The Jazz officially announced that they did not make a trade.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:19 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I'd call $40+ Million in cap space and bird rights a "plan" of sorts....

Yea so would I, if Utah was bargaining from the same table as everyone else. Its fine, I just DO think that the front office has decided on Al or Paul on which they want to resign. And for the one they dont want to resign, I dont see the point in not trading him for something, even other expirings, especially when it's that time to get Fav more minutes etc.

So the Jazz stand pat. Whats our ceiling this year? Shocking upset of the 3 seed in the first round? Id say yes. Do I think it's going to happen? No.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Bill Oram @tribjazz 3 minutes ago
Jazz confirm that they did not make a move at the deadline.

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody 4 minutes ago
The Utah Jazz did not make a trade.

David Locke @Lockedonsports 4 minutes ago
Officially the Utah Jazz have not made a trade

Jim Burton @jmb247 1 minute ago
#Jazz stand with what they have, which is hardly big news. All indications were there in spite of some nation buzz. Locals know, right?

David Aldridge @daldridgetnt 1 minute ago
For all the Josh Smith talk, I am stunned that the Jazz didn't make a move of any kind. Millsap, Jefferson, Watson, Bell all still in SLC.

Joe Kotoch @Probballdraft now
Biggest winners today: The Utah Jazz because the logjam at PF and C continues!

Well, that was less than exciting. I love my Jazz players, but I have to admit that I was looking forward to some kind of change.

I figured that the worst case scenario would be the Jazz moving RBEC for a 2nd round pick, or something like that.

Last edited by zero24gravity on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:23 pm

OK then, I guess all the action is going down this summer, and what a summer it will be with respect to what we think Lindsey should be doing with our team. Now its back to the grind and seeing whether the Jazz can reach up to the 4-5 spot ....or, make the playoffs. Looking pretty good for making it at this point with Warriors and Houston playing at their level now, Minny absolutely out of it and the Lakers, Portland and Dallas a long steep hill to climb. Who thinks we can catch and pass Denver or Memphis?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:32 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

Raja Bell's agent said he has "no idea" if the Jazz guard will remain on the roster or be released if the 36-year-old isn't traded.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Utah Jazz come out of nowhere and trade Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap. That's how Dennis Lindsey rolls.

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA 2 minutes ago
If Jazz decide to buyout Raja Bell, the Lakers will try to sign the veteran guard. Bell is working out in Fort Lauderdale and wants to play.

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:50 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA 2 minutes ago
If Jazz decide to buyout Raja Bell, the Lakers will try to sign the veteran guard. Bell is working out in Fort Lauderdale and wants to play.

I really think the market was completely saturated with "free" players like Bell, and most of them were younger/cheaper/better than him. I'm sure if the Jazz could have given him away they would have.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:09 pm

zero24gravity wrote:

For all the Josh Smith talk, I am stunned that the Jazz didn't make a move of any kind. Millsap, Jefferson, Watson, Bell all still in SLC.

I'm with ya D.A., I'm with you.....
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:

I'm with ya D.A., I'm with you.....

I think the Jazz were interested in making a move, but from what I heard the teams they were talking to wanted Hayward or Burkes to go along with Al or Paul. There is now way they even consider that.
Back to top Go down
Crunchtime1
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:16 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:

PG -- Bledsoe, Jack, Foye

Not sure what other PGs are available this summer, but Jack is having a real nice season at GS this year --- better than the season Mo was having when Mo was playing. If we couldn't find a good, younger PG to invest in, veteran, unrestricted free agent, Jack would be another guy to look at. Maybe we could get both Jack and Mo for less than 12 mill put together; I don't know. If we didn't overpay for either of them, one of them would always be tradeable when an opportunity comes up later to get a younger PG with more upside.

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Just wondering, but do you think we are actually going to see a bump in production/energy/effort out of all our pending FA's simply because the Jazz FO has just given them a "we love you guys" endorsement. For example, I wonder if Sap not getting traded, ala D. Will, gives him a message that the Jazz do in fact want him back in a big way? Just the fact that the Jazz sent D. Will packing had to be fresh in their minds...

Also, just as pure speculation, is it a "given" that the Jazz can't afford bringing both Sap and Al back? Is it legitimate that the Jazz have a logjam in the paint or could it be the Jazz are on their way to having the best paint rotation in the league, hands down, with the maturation of Favors and Kanter? Perhaps they can put off the idea of not having both until it comes time to extend the keeper young guys?
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:41 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:
Nope. The Celts without Rondo and adding an undersized Millsap is ridiculous. Burks will be good for them but he needs reps.
The Jazz would jump at this in a second. Rondo is a difference-maker, a proven playoff stud. When Rondo is gone from the Celts they are first round and out having a serviceable but incomplete player like Millsap trying to fill his shoes.

History is your advanced state check on this one Mags.

Two things here, #1, Rondo is gone from the Celtics this year and the door is slamming shut on the Celtics as a contender as we speak, one more year makes them worse and not better, if Rondo is their best player (which he never has been) they don't even make the playoffs, much less win in the first round, this is really their last shot. #2 Millsap doesn't replace Rondo, they have already replaced Rondo with decent results, he replaces Brandon Bass and Jeff Green.

Millsap would be the best player on the Celtics team if they picked him up, but clearly you continue to undervalue him, bet you'd still like to trade him for Dirk....
Can't do it Mags, can't try to bait me because you know you're wrong.
I only would want Dirk over Sap if Dirk is healthy. Nice try though - that's well documented and everyone here would want a healthy Dirk over your undersized guy as well.
Rondo was their best player last yr- the catalyst to the conference finals and one game shy of the finals AND a major player in getting their ring. The reason the Celtics are/were doing ok without Rondo is the schedule ...not so much lately though eh Smile
If Millsap is your best player on your team- you have an average team. Nuff said. Once Millsap goes off like Rondo in the playoffs then he's as valuable.

Nice try though. Got a chuckle. Try backing away from Saps Jock-sniffing to think straight. And for hells sake don't screw my words just cause I shot-down a trade that there's no-way the Celts would do if they want value for Rondo.

You forgot #3. Which player has the playoff resume.

History. A player is who he is after 5 yrs in the league.
Back to top Go down
Romoholic
Admin
Romoholic

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:
Nope. The Celts without Rondo and adding an undersized Millsap is ridiculous. Burks will be good for them but he needs reps.
The Jazz would jump at this in a second. Rondo is a difference-maker, a proven playoff stud. When Rondo is gone from the Celts they are first round and out having a serviceable but incomplete player like Millsap trying to fill his shoes.

Two things here, #1, Rondo is gone from the Celtics this year and the door is slamming shut on the Celtics as a contender as we speak, one more year makes them worse and not better, if Rondo is their best player (which he never has been) they don't even make the playoffs, much less win in the first round, this is really their last shot. #2 Millsap doesn't replace Rondo, they have already replaced Rondo with decent results, he replaces Brandon Bass and Jeff Green.

Millsap would be the best player on the Celtics team if they picked him up, but clearly you continue to undervalue him, bet you'd still like to trade him for Dirk....
I only would want Dirk over Sap if Dirk is healthy. Nice try though - that's well documented and everyone here would want a healthy Dirk over your undersized guy as well.
Rondo was their best player last yr- the catalyst to the conference finals and one game shy of the finals AND a major player in getting their ring. The reason the Celtics are/were doing ok without Rondo is the schedule ...not so much lately though eh Smile
If Millsap is your best player on your team- you have an average team. Nuff said. Once Millsap goes off like Rondo in the playoffs then he's as valuable.

Nice try though. Got a chuckle. Try backing away from Saps Jock-sniffing to think straight. And for hells sake don't screw my words just cause I shot-down a trade that there's no-way the Celts would do if they want value for Rondo.

I don't know when this conversation took place, But I would never take Dirk over Milsap! Dirk 5 years ago yes, now no way in hell!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

Wrong about what, exactly? I never said the celtics would do it, and everything else I said was absolutely true.

Dirk has been healthy for half the season, how long do you think his beard will get before he uses all that "length" and "history" to get his team over .500?
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 pm

The current Jazz team minus Sap, add a healthy Dirk for the playoffs, and the Jazz are a better playoff team.
Now that Dirk isn't as healthy he's not a long-term guy. I'd take him in a short fix but his knees are toast to
be a building block for the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumors, rumors, rumors
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next