Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumors, rumors, rumors

Go down 
+15
Romoholic
outerspacefan
Professo_Sloan
not-worried-man
therawns
Tarakaan
thejazzkickazz
dongibby
zero24gravity
Richardale
The Voice of Reason
Mutangclan
MTJazz
TheMagnus
Jazz Dog
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Crunchtime1
Starter

Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:17 pm

MTJazz wrote:
Just wondering, but do you think we are actually going to see a bump in production/energy/effort out of all our pending FA's simply because the Jazz FO has just given them a "we love you guys" endorsement?

If NBA history is any guide, simply the fact that they are playing for their next contracts should be plenty of incentive for most of them to "bring their all" the back half of the season and the playoffs --- where they will be getting plenty of TV exposure.

Mags may have some idea what we can afford next summer. We are only committed to about 25 mill so far.

Last edited by Crunchtime1 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Got things to do... no more debating today.

Let's hope the Jazz sign Sap and don't get swept again. If they sign him at least he'll help us make the playoffs every yr.

Millsap won't change ppl. He'll never take you to the promised land- especially if he's your first or second best player.

I'll take the playoffs and hopefully trade Sap later if we resign him.
It's really the only thing we can do to be a contender. Unless we sign an elite PG.. which won't happen.

Peace!!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:31 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:
The current Jazz team minus Sap, add a healthy Dirk for the playoffs, and the Jazz are a better playoff team.
Now that Dirk isn't as healthy he's not a long-term guy. I'd take him in a short fix but his knees are toast to
be a building block for the future.

You're crazy. A team with dirk and jefferson on the court for 30 minutes a game may as well trade it's backboard for a billboard that say's "this lane is OPEN".

Better playoff team...wouldn't even make the playoffs unless they benched dirk for favors.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 pm

MTJazz wrote:

Also, just as pure speculation, is it a "given" that the Jazz can't afford bringing both Sap and Al back? Is it legitimate that the Jazz have a logjam in the paint or could it be the Jazz are on their way to having the best paint rotation in the league, hands down, with the maturation of Favors and Kanter? Perhaps they can put off the idea of not having both until it comes time to extend the keeper young guys?

Great question. What if Al and Paul just LOVE everything in Utah, and they decide between the two of them to pass up on the 14m offer, and both sign for 11m per ala Miami? Everybody stays? I mean, it's not crazy to say that Al has loved his time in Utah, said as much. Paul too. Is that possible?
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:40 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:
The current Jazz team minus Sap, add a healthy Dirk for the playoffs, and the Jazz are a better playoff team.
Now that Dirk isn't as healthy he's not a long-term guy. I'd take him in a short fix but his knees are toast to
be a building block for the future.

You're crazy. A team with dirk and jefferson on the court for 30 minutes a game may as well trade it's backboard for a billboard that say's "this lane is OPEN".

Better playoff team...wouldn't even make the playoffs unless they benched dirk for favors.

AGREE, 100%.

Dirk had alot of help in his heyday, it was a team that won a championship, not Dirk. Great shooter/scorer, thats it. He had some really good teammates.

Utah has never built this team to have the teams "best player". They're more like the Pistons were with 5 really good starters.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Rondo's never been the Celts best player? Um ok.

It's called an elite skillset. Something Millsap doesn't have. Something Dirk may have lost but I'd take my chances over getting swept again.

Seems like we are destined to be average if Mags were the GM. thank God he's not... but at least he brings a different angle ..if myopic
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:

It's called an elite skillset. Something Millsap doesn't have. Something Dirk may have lost but I'd take my chances over getting swept again.

Seems like we are destined to be average if Mags were the GM. thank God he's not... but at least he brings a different angle ..if myopic

I'll throw in to this pissing match by saying Rondo on many nights is the best player on the Celts roster, with Pierce other nights the Man. It's a toss-up in my book. And no, Sap is not an elite player in either of those guys' category, he is instead a really good but not quite All-star type player any team would love to have on board. He is also not a "go-to" player as evidenced by rather pedestrian playoff performances, (his game does not rise above his average game under the bright lights where stud reputations are born). And, I actually think Mags might be an interesting GM. Oh, and Dirk is done. He had a great career but its nothing but downhill for that guy right now.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Pretty good read on the Jazz "strategy" now and going forward here: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/utah-jazz-stand-pat-trade-deadline-hang-al-233317439--nba.html;_ylt=AhhRiVvB0JZkvyEG5medNoB5PaB4

The writer claims that signing both Sap and Al would be disastrous without them signing on for less than market value, largely because it would prevent Utah from getting the new future PG and reliable wing shooting help that is clearly a gap right now, plus stunting Favors/Kanter development. In this new era of cost controls protecting owners from themselves, I'm thinking the Jazz might be on to something, now sitting extremely pretty heading into the next season with the ability to build around the the young core. Besides craploads of cap space, they are going to also be sitting on 2 first round draft picks - in all, serious assets moving ahead.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 pm

aliveandkickin wrote:

Myopic? Myopia is what blinds fans to the realities of today's NBA and has them mining fools gold in the painted green grass of other teams while they have solid silver ore right under their feet.

You're right, Rondo was the Celtics best player in the playoffs last year, he killed it, and the Celtics lost in the eastern conference finals. But for whatever reason he's never consistently played at that level before or since. This year he looked like he was basically phoning in most of the season, throwing out a triple double and then taking two weeks off, great players don't do that, Garnett and Pierce don't do that, and that's why he has never really been the Celtics best player.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

Myopic? Myopia is what blinds fans to the realities of today's NBA and has them mining fools gold in the painted green grass of other teams while they have solid silver ore right under their feet.

You're right, Rondo was the Celtics best player in the playoffs last year, he killed it, and the Celtics lost in the eastern conference finals. But for whatever reason he's never consistently played at that level before or since. This year he looked like he was basically phoning in most of the season, throwing out a triple double and then taking two weeks off, great players don't do that, Garnett and Pierce don't do that, and that's why he has never really been the Celtics best player.
\

What did he have like 16 straight games with ten or more ast and was ready to break a nba record and got T up and tossed out of the game. lol. So i think this may have been his best year up till he go hurt. Kind of glad he blew it because it was a record stockton has. I think Ronda was the best player on team up to the injury? JMO. we all have one and others may see KG or PP the top player.
Dirk is done as far as the allstar Dirk, so i would keep Paul who has few good years to go. I wonder if jazz could load up the front end of his contract kinda liked the blazers did trying to pry him away? Leaving more money down road for our young guns.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:17 pm

MTJazz wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

I'll throw in to this pissing match by saying Rondo on many nights is the best player on the Celts roster, with Pierce other nights the Man. It's a toss-up in my book. And no, Sap is not an elite player in either of those guys' category, he is instead a really good but not quite All-star type player any team would love to have on board. He is also not a "go-to" player as evidenced by rather pedestrian playoff performances, (his game does not rise above his average game under the bright lights where stud reputations are born). And, I actually think Mags might be an interesting GM. Oh, and Dirk is done. He had a great career but its nothing but downhill for that guy right now.

You sure about Millsaps playoff performance?

Since alive loves his history, let me give a little lesson...

2010 playoffs, the Jazz are loaded with what I think is their best team since the 90's, but the injury bug hits them hard that season, Millsap and Mattews are the only guys to play all 82 games, AK misses the last 30 games of the season, Memo misses 10, Brewer and Korver both miss almost 30, D-Will and Boozer both play through nagging injuries. They still manage to finish with 52 wins and a tie for first in the division but they lose the tiebreaker and end up with a first round series on the road against a surging Denver team. Memo has been battling a sore Achilles Tendon, but decides he's going to play anyways. AK is out, Brewer is out. In the first half Memo makes a drive to the hoop and blows his Achilles. The Jazz lost that game and I, along with most of Jazz nation, thought at that point the Jazz were done. Game over. No way they could hang with the Nuggets without 3 of their 5 normal starters. But not only did they hang with them, they whipped them in 6 games. They then met the eventual champion LA Lakers and were swept in 4 games that were more competitive than the sweep makes them sound.

Here's Millsap's stat line for those 10 games...

32.3 minutes, 57% fg, 18 pts, 8.8 reb, 2.2 ast, 1.1 stl, 1.4 blk, 1.3 TO, 24.5 PER, .195 WS/48

Millsap and D-Will carried the Jazz in the playoffs that year, Millsap was a monster and stepped up his game in a HUGE way both against the Nuggets AND the Lakers ginormous front line.

Millsap shot the ball terribly last year, but there is little wonder why that was the case. The Jazz couldn't shoot, the offense was stagnant, the Spurs packed the key and the only effective option was dumping the ball to Jefferson so he could do his thing which, to his credit, he did like he always does. But even while Millsap struggled offensively he pulled down 11 rebounds and blocked 2.5 shots a game, busting his ass as everybody else on the team rolled over like cheap whores.

So you can believe what you want about playoff performance, and who is "clutch" and who has "elite skill sets", but don't be so quick to dismiss Millsap from the conversation. People have been doing that to him his whole career, and he keeps proving them wrong.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Richardale wrote:

I wonder if jazz could load up the front end of his contract kinda liked the blazers did trying to pry him away? Leaving more money down road for our young guns.

I've been wondering that myself. But not like the Blazers did with a bonus, rather just actually front loading the salary...

I was actually thinking that if Millsap really does want to stay, lets say he makes a gentlemans agreement to give the Jazz a chance to match any offer he gets, and he comes back with an offer for 4 years, $45 Million with the maximum 4.5% raises that deal would look roughly like this: 10.5/11/11.5/12.

Now the Jazz can do +/-7.5% rather than the 4.5% other teams are limited to, and they can add a 5th year...

So lets say they front load it, starting at 12 Million, and going down 7.5% every year, that looks like this: 12/11.1/10.2/9.4 now that's only about 43.6 Mil total, but anybody who knows money knows that money now is worth more than money later, so those two offers are really about equivalent, but the Jazz can still sweeten the deal by adding guaranteed money on a team option 5th year. So the final deal would look like this 12/11.1/10.2/9.4/8.7* with the last year being a team option with only a million or two guaranteed.

Doing that just makes sense on so many levels, especially when you have young players coming do for extensions. Given the Jazz current flexibility and potential for needing additional flexibility over the next couple years I don't see why they would do it any other way.
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:50 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Richardale wrote:

I wonder if jazz could load up the front end of his contract kinda liked the blazers did trying to pry him away? Leaving more money down road for our young guns.

I've been wondering that myself. But not like the Blazers did with a bonus, rather just actually front loading the salary...

I was actually thinking that if Millsap really does want to stay, lets say he makes a gentlemans agreement to give the Jazz a chance to match any offer he gets, and he comes back with an offer for 4 years, $45 Million with the maximum 4.5% raises that deal would look roughly like this: 10.5/11/11.5/12.

Now the Jazz can do +/-7.5% rather than the 4.5% other teams are limited to, and they can add a 5th year...

So lets say they front load it, starting at 12 Million, and going down 7.5% every year, that looks like this: 12/11.1/10.2/9.4 now that's only about 43.6 Mil total, but anybody who knows money knows that money now is worth more than money later, so those two offers are really about equivalent, but the Jazz can still sweeten the deal by adding guaranteed money on a team option 5th year. So the final deal would look like this 12/11.1/10.2/9.4/8.7* with the last year being a team option with only a million or two guaranteed.

Doing that just makes sense on so many levels, especially when you have young players coming do for extensions. Given the Jazz current flexibility and potential for needing additional flexibility over the next couple years I don't see why they would do it any other way.
I like it. win win.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:35 pm

Crunchtime1 wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

PG -- Bledsoe, Jack, Foye

Not sure what other PGs are available this summer, but Jack is having a real nice season at GS this year --- better than the season Mo was having when Mo was playing. If we couldn't find a good, younger PG to invest in, veteran, unrestricted free agent, Jack would be another guy to look at. Maybe we could get both Jack and Mo for less than 12 mill put together; I don't know. If we didn't overpay for either of them, one of them would always be tradeable when an opportunity comes up later to get a younger PG with more upside.

Agreed. Jack will be available. Add Mo, Burks and Hayward and I can't seeing us doing better at PG/Sg.
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 am

TheMagnus wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
aliveandkickin wrote:

You sure about Millsaps playoff performance?

Since alive loves his history, let me give a little lesson...

2010 playoffs, the Jazz are loaded with what I think is their best team since the 90's, but the injury bug hits them hard that season, Millsap and Mattews are the only guys to play all 82 games, AK misses the last 30 games of the season, Memo misses 10, Brewer and Korver both miss almost 30, D-Will and Boozer both play through nagging injuries. They still manage to finish with 52 wins and a tie for first in the division but they lose the tiebreaker and end up with a first round series on the road against a surging Denver team. Memo has been battling a sore Achilles Tendon, but decides he's going to play anyways. AK is out, Brewer is out. In the first half Memo makes a drive to the hoop and blows his Achilles. The Jazz lost that game and I, along with most of Jazz nation, thought at that point the Jazz were done. Game over. No way they could hang with the Nuggets without 3 of their 5 normal starters. But not only did they hang with them, they whipped them in 6 games. They then met the eventual champion LA Lakers and were swept in 4 games that were more competitive than the sweep makes them sound.

Here's Millsap's stat line for those 10 games...

32.3 minutes, 57% fg, 18 pts, 8.8 reb, 2.2 ast, 1.1 stl, 1.4 blk, 1.3 TO, 24.5 PER, .195 WS/48

Millsap and D-Will carried the Jazz in the playoffs that year, Millsap was a monster and stepped up his game in a HUGE way both against the Nuggets AND the Lakers ginormous front line.

Millsap shot the ball terribly last year, but there is little wonder why that was the case. The Jazz couldn't shoot, the offense was stagnant, the Spurs packed the key and the only effective option was dumping the ball to Jefferson so he could do his thing which, to his credit, he did like he always does. But even while Millsap struggled offensively he pulled down 11 rebounds and blocked 2.5 shots a game, busting his ass as everybody else on the team rolled over like cheap whores.

So you can believe what you want about playoff performance, and who is "clutch" and who has "elite skill sets", but don't be so quick to dismiss Millsap from the conversation. People have been doing that to him his whole career, and he keeps proving them wrong.
Yeah, loved that team back when they were balanced. BTW, I'm not, NOT a Millsap hater. I pointed out Saps defense against Melo that yr. I like Saps defense and I like his over-all game. I don't think he has an elite game though. He tries hard, maybe has better effort than most players on the floor, however, when it comes to the playoffs, when teams need a "go-to player" , a player that can make an unstoppable hook, get a foul, collapse the defense by driving, shoot-over or have a step-back jumper that's money, shoot a three pointer with consistency, or whatever..... The Jazz just don't have that player. Certainly Jefferson is the closest they have to that player right now.
My contention is with your idolizing Millsap by saying he'd be the best player on the Celts if Sap and Rondo got traded. As shown during the recent overtime Celtic game, Pierce can still get the job done with his jumpers and getting to the line, Millsap didn't have a chance during cruntch-time to get many looks because he doesn't have an elite skillset that Corbin believes in. Am I wrong?

Anyway, end of pissing match!!

I believe in Sap as being vital to a team but he's just great with determination and hustle. He'll get you 18/8 and maybe hit a game-winner but consistently he's not going to make a team great just because of his great WORK-ethic... His team will benefit from him but he'll never, EVER, be a difference-maker if he's relied upon consistently as the teams best option. Wish it were otherwise but it's not. Someone said a player is who he is after five yrs in the league and I believe in that statement... If only Millsap could hit a three pointer with the best, or get to the line reliably late in games, or, give him 3 more inches and he'd alter or block more shots and could shoot-over most forwards but obviously he is who he is...... and I'm not complaining- just realistic on his limitations.

BTW, I humbly rescend my saying Mags wouldn't be a good GM, unless he's still thinking Sap would be Bostons best player if Rondo and Sap were traded for each other. The Celtics would never trade Rondo for Millsap at this time during their careers anyway, but, if the Celtics pickup Millsap in the off-season then I'd definitely agree Boston would be loaded... Milsap would be around their fourth best player behind Pierce, Garnett, and Rondo... Millsap may have better numbers during the season because of his youth and effort than some of them but when it came to cruntch-time the other three would have the first nod offensively. Heck, throw in Bradley on that team now he's playing good and the Celts would indeed have a lot more wins than this yr.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:59 am

aliveandkickin wrote:

Anyway, end of pissing match!!

I believe in Sap as being vital to a team but he's just great with determination and hustle. He'll get you 18/8 and maybe hit a game-winner but consistently he's not going to make a team great just because of his great WORK-ethic... His team will benefit from him but he'll never, EVER, be a difference-maker if he's relied upon consistently as the teams best option. Wish it were otherwise but it's not. Someone said a player is who he is after five yrs in the league and I believe in that statement... If only Millsap could hit a three pointer with the best, or get to the line reliably late in games, or, give him 3 more inches and he'd alter or block more shots and could shoot-over most forwards but obviously he is who he is...... and I'm not complaining- just realistic on his limitations.

BTW, I humbly rescend my saying Mags wouldn't be a good GM, unless he's still thinking Sap would be Bostons best player if Rondo and Sap were traded for each other. The Celtics would never trade Rondo for Millsap at this time during their careers anyway, but, if the Celtics pickup Millsap in the off-season then I'd definitely agree Boston would be loaded... Milsap would be around their fourth best player behind Pierce, Garnett, and Rondo... Millsap may have better numbers during the season because of his youth and effort than some of them but when it came to cruntch-time the other three would have the first nod offensively. Heck, throw in Bradley on that team now he's playing good and the Celts would indeed have a lot more wins than this yr.

Agreed.

A couple points, not to argue, but to clarify, in closing...

#1 I never said just Rondo for Sap, I said Sap + Burks + 1st round draft pick for Rondo, so clearly I do not think that they have equal value.

#2 The FACT is that in terms of overall production Millsap actually is better than every member of the Celtics team so far this season (including Rondo), that is not debateable, it is a fact. The dissagreement is over what the word "best" actually means in a macro sense, I see where you are coming from there, and we have gone round and round on that so no need to do it again.

#3 I never said Millsap should be the Jazz best player, nor that he should be treated or paid like a franchise centerpiece. Millsap has been the Jazz best player for the last 2.5 years and the results are a fringe playoff team. My argument has been that he is and has been woefully, almost criminally, undervalued, that he is actually better in almost every way than a lot of players considered "stars" in the NBA right now, and that of all the expiring veterans on the Jazz team Millsap is the one that I'd like to keep and the one that I think makes the most sense to try and keep.

So that's it, and I think we basically agree on most of this. And I'd probably be a terrible GM, I like to pretend from the armchair, but what those guys do is unbelievable difficult.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:28 am

I have been a big Milsap guy up until the last few month's but after seeing how Jefferson has been able to work with Favor's and Kanter to help make both of them better player's I have changed my opinion, he is a big reason as to why these two are doing so well and I would like to see the Jazz keep him around because of it. I think Jefferson has turned out to be a big time leader on this team and brings more to the team than Milsap at this time so if one of them has to go well it would be Sap that I would say has to go at this time. I really think that because of the relationship that Jefferson has built with Favor's and Kanter that they really like to play with him and share time on the floor because of it.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 am

dongibby wrote:
I have been a big Milsap guy up until the last few month's but after seeing how Jefferson has been able to work with Favor's and Kanter to help make both of them better player's I have changed my opinion, he is a big reason as to why these two are doing so well and I would like to see the Jazz keep him around because of it. I think Jefferson has turned out to be a big time leader on this team and brings more to the team than Milsap at this time so if one of them has to go well it would be Sap that I would say has to go at this time. I really think that because of the relationship that Jefferson has built with Favor's and Kanter that they really like to play with him and share time on the floor because of it.

I like Al too, and I guess that works if you are looking for a warm fuzzy feeling, but it hasn't traslated to success for them together on the court yet, and I'm not sure it ever will.

The Jefferson/Favors/Kanter lineup got absolutely massacred by the Hawks.

Last edited by TheMagnus on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Here's the +/- per 100 plays for the Jazz big man pairs...

Jefferson/Millsap -2.2
Favors/Kanter +2.4
Favors/Millsap +7.4
Favors/Jefferson -7.6
Kanter/Millsap +14.8
Kanter/Jefferson +7.1
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:59 pm

Too early to start talking about possible summer FA signing rumors?

"I always love coming back to Utah for a lot of reasons. I still have a lot of friends here, a lot of good memories,"

Asked about his future, Korver looked into a TV camera at Atlanta's shootaround and said, "I am a free agent this summer — free agent this summer."

"I mean, yeah. I would definitely listen to Utah if they came asking," the 10-year NBA veteran said. "I have a lot of respect for the organization and the Miller family, and it was just a great place to live life and play basketball."

"I loved waking up and seeing the mountains every day," he said. "It's just a good lifestyle here in Utah."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865574415/Utah-Jazz-notebook-Kyle-Korver-back-in-Utah-Marvins-shirt-shredded.html

I'd welcome Kyle back, maybe even instead of Foye. The team NEEDS a knock down 3 point specialist. He played hard for the Jazz when he was here & as an added bonus, really does a lot of great things in the community. He was only here briefly, but I see him a a true Jazzman for some reason.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:19 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
Too early to start talking about possible summer FA signing rumors?

"I always love coming back to Utah for a lot of reasons. I still have a lot of friends here, a lot of good memories,"

Asked about his future, Korver looked into a TV camera at Atlanta's shootaround and said, "I am a free agent this summer — free agent this summer."

"I mean, yeah. I would definitely listen to Utah if they came asking," the 10-year NBA veteran said. "I have a lot of respect for the organization and the Miller family, and it was just a great place to live life and play basketball."

"I loved waking up and seeing the mountains every day," he said. "It's just a good lifestyle here in Utah."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865574415/Utah-Jazz-notebook-Kyle-Korver-back-in-Utah-Marvins-shirt-shredded.html

I'd welcome Kyle back, maybe even instead of Foye. The team NEEDS a knock down 3 point specialist. He played hard for the Jazz when he was here & as an added bonus, really does a lot of great things in the community. He was only here briefly, but I see him a a true Jazzman for some reason.

His last contract was 3 yrs $15 MM. He is arguably having one of his better years 11 ppg, 0.464 on 3's, 4 rbs and 1 steal and can probably get near that money again. Do you like him that much?
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:48 pm

MTJazz wrote:
His last contract was 3 yrs $15 MM. He is arguably having one of his better years 11 ppg, 0.464 on 3's, 4 rbs and 1 steal and can probably get near that money again. Do you like him that much?

Well, Kyle is 32 years old, so I think that signing him for anything more than 2 years would be a mistake for any team. He's never made his living as an "athlete", but I can't imagine that he will be that saught after as he heads into his mid-thirties. If he loved Utah enough to take something like a 2 year $8-9 million deal (pay him more the first year than the second), I'd say that's reasonable. Thing is, Foye has been a stellar three point threat, but Kyle is every bit of that threat plus he is a very good mid-range shooter. Remember how well he used to come off the curl at the top of the key & drain that 18 foot J?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:55 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
MTJazz wrote:

Well, Kyle is 32 years old, so I think that signing him for anything more than 2 years would be a mistake for any team. He's never made his living as an "athlete", but I can't imagine that he will be that saught after as he heads into his mid-thirties. If he loved Utah enough to take something like a 2 year $8-9 million deal (pay him more the first year than the second), I'd say that's reasonable. Thing is, Foye has been a stellar three point threat, but Kyle is every bit of that threat plus he is a very good mid-range shooter. Remember how well he used to come off the curl at the top of the key & drain that 18 foot J?

I'd actually take KK over Foye, his 3 pt and fg % is a bit better and he is a better rebounder and defender. In general is a more diverse player. However, Randy comes pretty cheap and he didn't do anything this year that increased his value so I bet the Jazz FO would do the math and try and re-sign him before they went after Korver.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Raja and Jazz close to a buy-out? Saw on Hoops Hype that Raja has until midnight tonight to accept Jazz offer or I guess what, he rots on the Jazz nickle for the rest of the season?

Also, Aaron Brooks was bought out by Sac and is heading back to Houston...
Back to top Go down
aliveandkickin
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:12 am

At the bottom of the page under similar topics it has: Rumors of Orc movement

I hesitate to click on it because, well, from LOTR those Orcs, or Orcies as Gullem may say are "nasty things are they."

Anyway, back to the rumors on how the Jazz will land a player for us to be contenders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumors, rumors, rumors
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next