Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumors, rumors, rumors

Go down 
+15
Romoholic
outerspacefan
Professo_Sloan
not-worried-man
therawns
Tarakaan
thejazzkickazz
dongibby
zero24gravity
Richardale
The Voice of Reason
Mutangclan
MTJazz
TheMagnus
Jazz Dog
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:24 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:

I think that if the Jazz make a move it has to be a Young up and coming PG that can lead these Young Guns the Jazz has on the team that is the most important move right now for them. I also think that DC is playing well enough that I would want to give him a shot at the stating SF for the rest of the season his play I think has earned him that shot.

We discussed a deal to land Marshall from Phoenix (maybe with Gortat?) earlier in the week. With Dragic playing so well, I imagine he could qualify as a young PG that COULD be good that also may be available.

I was interested in Marshall before the draft, but I can't decide if he or Austin Rivers was more overrated now. NOT interested in Marshall. And I'd bet my pennies PHX has no interest in trading Dragic when they just got him.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
dongibby wrote:

I think that if the Jazz make a move it has to be a Young up and coming PG that can lead these Young Guns the Jazz has on the team that is the most important move right now for them. I also think that DC is playing well enough that I would want to give him a shot at the stating SF for the rest of the season his play I think has earned him that shot.

We discussed a deal to land Marshall from Phoenix (maybe with Gortat?) earlier in the week. With Dragic playing so well, I imagine he could qualify as a young PG that COULD be good that also may be available.

I was interested in Marshall before the draft, but I can't decide if he or Austin Rivers was more overrated now. NOT interested in Marshall. And I'd bet my pennies PHX has no interest in trading Dragic when they just got him.

Wouldn't be so sure of that, rumor has it they are willing to turn over the whole team, looking for a "culture change". Also that they still like Marshall, they are even trying to find him more minutes lately playing him and Dragic together.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:51 am

Well lookie there...

Quote :

Sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com late Saturday there is a level of mutual interest between the Clippers and Utah Jazz in exploring a deal that would feature Bledsoe as the headliner in a trade package for Jazz forward Paul Millsap.

Although two sources with knowledge of the Clippers' thinking insisted during All-Star Weekend that Bledsoe would not be moved in coming days and strongly predicted L.A. would stand pat, two other sources indicated the Clippers and Jazz will at least discuss the feasibility of a trade headlined by Bledsoe and Millsap before the deadline.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8956469/los-angeles-clippers-utah-jazz-talk-eric-bledsoe-paul-millsap-sources-say

Guess it's a shame that the Clippers decided to blow that one up by blabbing about it. The deal would likely include Odom to make the salaries match.

I still don't think Millsap makes much sense for the Clippers unless they plan on going small with Griffin at C or big with Millsap at SF, but if that's what they want to do Bledsoe is an exiting young PG that would be nice to have.

Gotta give some props to rorybreaker and therawns, especially rory, he called this one out in the preseason and I thought he was Crazy, but Bledsoe does indeed appear to be the real deal.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:09 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Well lookie there...

Quote :

Sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com late Saturday there is a level of mutual interest between the Clippers and Utah Jazz in exploring a deal that would feature Bledsoe as the headliner in a trade package for Jazz forward Paul Millsap.

Although two sources with knowledge of the Clippers' thinking insisted during All-Star Weekend that Bledsoe would not be moved in coming days and strongly predicted L.A. would stand pat, two other sources indicated the Clippers and Jazz will at least discuss the feasibility of a trade headlined by Bledsoe and Millsap before the deadline.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8956469/los-angeles-clippers-utah-jazz-talk-eric-bledsoe-paul-millsap-sources-say

Guess it's a shame that the Clippers decided to blow that one up by blabbing about it. The deal would likely include Odom to make the salaries match.

I still don't think Millsap makes much sense for the Clippers unless they plan on going small with Griffin at C or big with Millsap at SF, but if that's what they want to do Bledsoe is an exiting young PG that would be nice to have.

Gotta give some props to rorybreaker and therawns, especially rory, he called this one out in the preseason and I thought he was Crazy, but Bledsoe does indeed appear to be the real deal.

I think Bledsoe has shown himself over the past month. He's a phenomenal athlete who can score. But this team needs a PG that can score. I just dont get it. And definitely dont get it for LA.
I think Bledsoe is not so much a guy that needs a chance, but a guy who is such a great athlete that he fools people into thinking he can be a really good PG.

Teams aren't idiots. If they wanted this to happen, nobody would be talking about it. So I'm not worried.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Well lookie there...

Quote :

I think Bledsoe has shown himself over the past month. He's a phenomenal athlete who can score. But this team needs a PG that can score. I just dont get it. And definitely dont get it for LA.
I think Bledsoe is not so much a guy that needs a chance, but a guy who is such a great athlete that he fools people into thinking he can be a really good PG.

Teams aren't idiots. If they wanted this to happen, nobody would be talking about it. So I'm not worried.

See that's interesting to me, because you were so high on getting Lowry, and Lowry is probably the closest thing to Bledsoe in the league right now.

Still, I kind of agree with you, and if the Jazz want a PG that is going to go 15/5/5 there are other options out there, like Tyreke Evans, or maybe even Alec Burks.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:47 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

See that's interesting to me, because you were so high on getting Lowry, and Lowry is probably the closest thing to Bledsoe in the league right now.

Still, I kind of agree with you, and if the Jazz want a PG that is going to go 15/5/5 there are other options out there, like Tyreke Evans, or maybe even Alec Burks.

Yea, huge on Lowry. But he's a guy that gets the assists. I'd more compare Bledsoe to a much lesser version of Derrick Rose, crazy athlete and get to the bucket guy.

But yea, 15/5/5 is already on our team. And I 100% do not want to give up Paul for him. I'd feel better if it were Al going.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:29 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Well lookie there...

Quote :

Ty

Adding Sap to the Clippers would give them a lot of flexibly. Blake at center, Jordan-Griff-Paul big lineup, Paul killing opposing backups, etc..

I also have to wonder if Blake, who has had some serious battles with Paul, may have told the FO that Millsap is someone he wants on his side, as opposed to playing against. (Think Kobe vs Bell a couple years ago.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:00 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:
Well lookie there...

Quote :

Ty

Adding Sap to the Clippers would give them a lot of flexibly. Blake at center, Jordan-Griff-Paul big lineup, Paul killing opposing backups, etc..

I also have to wonder if Blake, who has had some serious battles with Paul, may have told the FO that Millsap is someone he wants on his side, as opposed to playing against. (Think Kobe vs Bell a couple years ago.)

Honestly, Millsap playing for the Clippers is the thing I hate the most about this deal. It's almost like when the Mailman went to the Lakers, just makes me sick to my stomach. Millsap is one of my top 5 favorite Jazz players of all time.
Back to top Go down
thejazzkickazz
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Quote :
Honestly, Millsap playing for the Clippers is the thing I hate the most about this deal. It's almost like when the Mailman went to the Lakers, just makes me sick to my stomach. Millsap is one of my top 5 favorite Jazz players of all time.

I love Millsap, too. And yeah, he'd be amongst my top 5-10 favorite Jazzmen of all time. But it's my feeling that the Jazz have to get a decent PG in return for either the Millman or AJ. If the Jazz have to trade away the Millman in order to get a player of Bledsoe's caliber, I'm willing to accept it, as painful as it would be.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I can't imagine the Jazz standing pat with both Millsap and Jefferson. There are too many rumors and reports involving the Jazz, it almost seems like the Jazz organization is doing something unheard of and leaking this stuff. Something HAS to happen.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:31 pm

thejazzkickazz wrote:
Quote :

I love Millsap, too. And yeah, he'd be amongst my top 5-10 favorite Jazzmen of all time. But it's my feeling that the Jazz have to get a decent PG in return for either the Millman or AJ. If the Jazz have to trade away the Millman in order to get a player of Bledsoe's caliber, I'm willing to accept it, as painful as it would be.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I can't imagine the Jazz standing pat with both Millsap and Jefferson. There are too many rumors and reports involving the Jazz, it almost seems like the Jazz organization is doing something unheard of and leaking this stuff. Something HAS to happen.

While I agree on doing that if the opportunity arises, like Mu I'd prefer the guy moving was Jefferson, and I don't think it is the only option for KOC and Lindsey.

One thing I've been watching is the draft to see if a PG may be had there. I've actually seen several PG's rising up the draft boards, and in a draft generally considered weak as other players are falling I'm seeing PG's rising up the boards, including a couple who were not really even on the radar a few months ago.. There's a decent chance that with two picks in the mid first round the Jazz could land a quality PG in the draft.
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:17 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:
Quote :

While I agree on doing that if the opportunity arises, like Mu I'd prefer the guy moving was Jefferson, and I don't think it is the only option for KOC and Lindsey.

One thing I've been watching is the draft to see if a PG may be had there. I've actually seen several PG's rising up the draft boards, and in a draft generally considered weak as other players are falling I'm seeing PG's rising up the boards, including a couple who were not really even on the radar a few months ago.. There's a decent chance that with two picks in the mid first round the Jazz could land a quality PG in the draft.

I was firmly in the trade Jefferson, Millsap was a better fit with Favors/Kanter team not very long ago, but the more I watch, listen and hear, the more I think we would be crazy to trade Jefferson. Millsap is great, if you are a Jazz fan you love the guy, he plays Jazz ball, he is Jazz ball, but, if we are going with the trade 1 option (which I think we need to, and hell, Bledisloe would be awesome, the PG of the future we have been talking about?) then we have to consider that Jefferson has a two things that are becoming very rare in the NBA, size and the ability to score from the C position.

We've all seen Favors struggle at times on the offensive end, we are all well aware of Jefferson defensive troubles, which means combined they are big, one can score, one can defend and both can rebound. I'm still not sold on Jefferson/Kanter, but I am sold on size, something Millsap doesn't have.

Millsap for Bledisloe plus filler. I'd take Odom as the filler just to add to our cap space next year. I'd even consider chucking in picks to get this.

Bledisloe, Foye, Hayward, Favors, Jefferson with Burkes, Kanter, Carrol plus all that cap space for free agents? I'd like that!
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Tarakaan wrote:

I was firmly in the trade Jefferson, Millsap was a better fit with Favors/Kanter team not very long ago, but the more I watch, listen and hear, the more I think we would be crazy to trade Jefferson. Millsap is great, if you are a Jazz fan you love the guy, he plays Jazz ball, he is Jazz ball, but, if we are going with the trade 1 option (which I think we need to, and hell, Bledisloe would be awesome, the PG of the future we have been talking about?) then we have to consider that Jefferson has a two things that are becoming very rare in the NBA, size and the ability to score from the C position.

We've all seen Favors struggle at times on the offensive end, we are all well aware of Jefferson defensive troubles, which means combined they are big, one can score, one can defend and both can rebound. I'm still not sold on Jefferson/Kanter, but I am sold on size, something Millsap doesn't have.

Millsap for Bledisloe plus filler. I'd take Odom as the filler just to add to our cap space next year. I'd even consider chucking in picks to get this.

Bledisloe, Foye, Hayward, Favors, Jefferson with Burkes, Kanter, Carrol plus all that cap space for free agents? I'd like that!

Well that's some solid reasoning, but my take is that while scoring may not be real common out of the C position, it's also not a critical part of a quality basketball team. But a center that can defend the rim in both man to man and help situations, I would argue, is a critical component of almost all quality teams. On top of that, I'm just not convinced that an offense that centers around Jefferson can ever be elite, because overall he's not an elite scorer, and I'm certain that a defense that includes him never will, which is why I think it would be better to spend the 15+ Million a year he will get in his next contract somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Tarakaan
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:18 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
Tarakaan wrote:

Well that's some solid reasoning, but my take is that while scoring may not be real common out of the C position, it's also not a critical part of a quality basketball team. But a center that can defend the rim in both man to man and help situations, I would argue, is a critical component of almost all quality teams. On top of that, I'm just not convinced that an offense that centers around Jefferson can ever be elite, because overall he's not an elite scorer, and I'm certain that a defense that includes him never will, which is why I think it would be better to spend the 15+ Million a year he will get in his next contract somewhere else.

Touché. I will counter that we have our shot blocking defender in Favors and Kanters defense is coming along well, so Jefferson doesnt need that to be a strength, and he gives the trio a different dimension. He also takes the pressure off the young guys needing to be go to scorers allowing them to just play and take what the game gives them. Millsap scores, but isnt a scorer. Also, not critical for championships? Duncan, Hakeem, Shaq, Bynam/Gasol, even Lebron/Bosh (these are just the obvious ones off my head) all provided points in the paint and allowed their teams to play inside out, something Jefferson is improving at in spades. Favors/Kanter aren't going to demand a double team any time soon, and Millsap can be single covered because of his lack of size, while Jefferson just keeps on scoring the ball and getting Foye open shots, which has been working for us a treat. Now add a PG who can create off the dribble! The other thing that I think we need to take into account is how Jefferson is improving at playing Jazz ball, his mentoring and leadership abilities.

Millsap will be cheaper, and possibly a better all round player than Jefferson, but a lineup of Millsap/Favors/Kanter isn't going to get us anywhere any time soon, isnt going to scare anybody and isn't going to save us enough for us to get a different maker from the FA pool. Replace Millsap with Jefferson and teams will be a hell of a lot more worried about our frontline and covering their strengths.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Tarakaan wrote:

Touché. I will counter that we have our shot blocking defender in Favors and Kanters defense is coming along well, so Jefferson doesnt need that to be a strength, and he gives the trio a different dimension. He also takes the pressure off the young guys needing to be go to scorers allowing them to just play and take what the game gives them. Millsap scores, but isnt a scorer. Also, not critical for championships? Duncan, Hakeem, Shaq, Bynam/Gasol, even Lebron/Bosh (these are just the obvious ones off my head) all provided points in the paint and allowed their teams to play inside out, something Jefferson is improving at in spades. Favors/Kanter aren't going to demand a double team any time soon, and Millsap can be single covered because of his lack of size, while Jefferson just keeps on scoring the ball and getting Foye open shots, which has been working for us a treat. Now add a PG who can create off the dribble! The other thing that I think we need to take into account is how Jefferson is improving at playing Jazz ball, his mentoring and leadership abilities.

Millsap will be cheaper, and possibly a better all round player than Jefferson, but a lineup of Millsap/Favors/Kanter isn't going to get us anywhere any time soon, isnt going to scare anybody and isn't going to save us enough for us to get a different maker from the FA pool. Replace Millsap with Jefferson and teams will be a hell of a lot more worried about our frontline and covering their strengths.

Nice. But you'll notice that every one of the guys you mentioned was also an ELITE defender (except for maybe Bosh, but Bosh is also significantly better than Jefferson defensively), and can you name the last championship team to start a Center that wasn't known as a solid defender? Has there ever been one?

And what you are talking about there with Jefferson is fools gold, it doesn't really matter what other people think or what they are worried about, Millsap/Favors/Kanter will be as good or better overall AND cheaper, no matter what people think of them.

On top of that you mentioned "Jazz basketball", I don't really like the Jazz offense when it runs through Jefferson. It's little more than post centered hero-ball, and I think it plays to Jefferson's strengths at the expense of the fast moving pass-pick-and-cut offense that traditionally made the Jazz so tough to defend.

I also think Favors factors into this, as you mentioned that he and Jefferson make a good pair. I think Favors should be playing C, offensively and defensively he's a C. He patrols the paint, bangs, and isn't very effective when he gets more than about 12 feet away, the guy is a C, I think not treating him like one, and playing him like one, has actually been a detriment to his career, because he has the physical tools and attitude to control the paint and attack the rim on both ends.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:59 pm

thejazzkickazz wrote:
Quote :

Aside from Al or Paul, its that point that I just dont agree with. I see nothing special about Bledsoe, nothing. Harold Miner was a phenomenal athlete too.....just saying....

And anyway, Mo > Bledsoe.

PS: since when is Bledsoe the "headliner" in a trade for Millsap......weak.
Back to top Go down
therawns
Starter

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Other pieces will be involved. However, on the surface, im not sure how much legitimacy this has. Odom has been gettingbetter as the season goes on. Not saying hes better than millsap, but id be content with odom as a backup right now.

Here though is the main reason im skeptical about this. Chauncey Billups. What? Lets remember, he is now 36 years old, and had torn his achillies last year. Hes better than Okur, but Okur could never play again after he tore his, and he was a little younger than Billups. I know Billups is back, but he came back earlier for a little bit this season only to go back down. You trade Bledsoe, and now Billups is the only PG you got other than CP3. If Billups goes down who is the backup PG? Crawford? no way, too much of a scorer.

I love Millsap. Favorite player in the post malone/stockton era, but the risk vs reward is not enough, on the surface. Like I said though, other pieces have to be involved.
Back to top Go down
not-worried-man
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:04 am

Hi guys, I just had to check in and see whats up with the trade deadline.

I'm on the side of getting rid of Millsap for Bledsoe or some other point guard who can shoot. After watching Mo this season I just dont like his shooting choices or his shot. I like Tinsley and we win with him as much as Mo BUT he cant shoot worth a crap either.

I got to see the Jazz beat Brooklyn in Brooklyn this year, it was the first east coast Jazz victory I have paid for since moving here 5 years ago!

Miss me? Wink
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 am

not-worried-man wrote:
Hi guys, I just had to check in and see whats up with the trade deadline.

I'm on the side of getting rid of Millsap for Bledsoe or some other point guard who can shoot. After watching Mo this season I just dont like his shooting choices or his shot. I like Tinsley and we win with him as much as Mo BUT he cant shoot worth a crap either.

I got to see the Jazz beat Brooklyn in Brooklyn this year, it was the first east coast Jazz victory I have paid for since moving here 5 years ago!

Miss me? Wink

If this is in fact the worried one from the TT then you're damn right we missed you, there's no such thing as too many cynical bastards on a message board.

How was that new brooklyn arena? I got to see the jazz play the celtics in the garden a couple months ago. It's kind of strange being the only person in the place cheering for the jazz.
Back to top Go down
not-worried-man
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 am

TheMagnus wrote:

If this is in fact the worried one from the TT then you're damn right we missed you, there's no such thing as too many cynical bastards on a message board.

How was that new brooklyn arena? I got to see the jazz play the celtics in the garden a couple months ago. It's kind of strange being the only person in the place cheering for the jazz.

We almost went to Boston as well but the babysitter fell through. Last time we went to Boston to see the Jazz they lost which was lucky for me since many fans there didnt like seeing Jazz fans in their arena.

Brooklyn was awesome, good food all around the arena and the subway lets out right at the door to the place. REALLY steep arena, we were in the lower nosebleeds and if I was over 50 I would not want to hike up to the top!

Now will the Jazz continue to be happy with mediocrity or will they make a move???
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 am

Mutangclan wrote:
thejazzkickazz wrote:
Quote :

Aside from Al or Paul, its that point that I just dont agree with. I see nothing special about Bledsoe, nothing. Harold Miner was a phenomenal athlete too.....just saying....

And anyway, Mo > Bledsoe.

PS: since when is Bledsoe the "headliner" in a trade for Millsap......weak.

I agree 100% Bledsoe is a good player but no way in hell is he even close to Milsap as an NBA player goes there would have to be another player involved at the very least and I think it would be DeAndre Jordan. If the Jazz did trade Milsap they would have to find another big to replace him on the roster there is no way the Jazz could go the rest of the season with only 3 real big's on the team adding him not only makes the trade work on paper it is what I think would take to get a trade done that both sides would like, I have seen Jordan and Bledsoe name's linked together in other trade rumors that have been going around earlier on and think that is what it would take for a trade to get done between the two teams.

The Jazz's need for a good PG is going to look very different With Mo coming back in 2 or so weeks and to tell you the truth I really don't see anything that Mo could not do for the Jazz as a PG that Bledsoe could do for them in fact I think Mo brings more to the table as a leader at this stage of the game. I right now don't think the Jazz makes a trade for Bledsoe unless a player like DeAndre Jordan is also included in the trade.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 am

not-worried-man wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

We almost went to Boston as well but the babysitter fell through. Last time we went to Boston to see the Jazz they lost which was lucky for me since many fans there didnt like seeing Jazz fans in their arena.

Brooklyn was awesome, good food all around the arena and the subway lets out right at the door to the place. REALLY steep arena, we were in the lower nosebleeds and if I was over 50 I would not want to hike up to the top!

Now will the Jazz continue to be happy with mediocrity or will they make a move???

Ya they really don't do they? I was with my son so I tried to stay low key but I still got that vibe.

Heard a lot of good things about that Brooklyn arena, they are definitely a no expense spared organization. Seems like every new arena sets a new standard in incline, you go into older arena's and you get much farther away from the court as you go up, some of the new arena's make me feel like I'm walking up the side of a cliff.
Back to top Go down
Professo_Sloan
6th man

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:00 pm

TheMagnus wrote:
No, because there are limitations on what teams can offer as an extention to a contract. Extentions can only be 4 years total including the years currently on their contract (meaning this year counts) and are limited to a yearly change in value of +/- 7% of their current salary. So what that means is that even for players who are currently payed close to their value like Smith and Jefferson, signing an extention costs them a year on what is probably the most lucrative contract they will ever sign. For players like Millsap who are worth more than what they are making now it's even worse, the most the Jazz (or anybody else) could offer him on an extention is 3 years for 28 Million total.

For a player (or rather a players agent) who knows the game is a buisness (like they all do), and has skills that are in demand around the league, signing an extention that limits the size of the contract so severely when you are at the apex of your ability (and therefore your value) is pretty much the least attractive option. At that point in thier career they are (as they should be) looking for the Maximum total number of guranteed dollars that they can get, and with the current rules being what they are the only time they can really do that is when they become a free agents.

So, I think it is wrong to assume that just because a player in his prime is unwilling to sign and extention that they want to leave. They may or may not want to leave, but that is probably totally seperate from the issue of an extention.

*7.5%

Couple things here.

A) Jazz could "designate" Smoove and give him a 5 year extension. This removes injury risk from Smith waiting until the offseason.

B) Bird's Rights FA's can sign for 5 years vs. 4 on the market. S&T is limited to 4 years as well. Smith has motivation to stay in ATL for that extra year (or where ever he's traded to).

I'd give up Jefferson, Burks, and the two first round picks if Smoove would extend as part of the transaction. However, I think a team like Phoenix makes much more sense for ATL. Gortat plus their pick or the Lakers pick would be a fair deal, but doesn't make sense for Smith if he wants to compete.

Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:37 pm

TheMagnus wrote:

Unless you go to see the Jazz in DC like me, and then you're simply the only one cheering.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

Unless you go to see the Jazz in DC like me, and then you're simply the only one cheering.

Haa!! Bet it's easy to get good seats cheap though!

You know I lived in DC for a year and was planning on checking out a game, then the stupid lockout happened and they never came.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Ok, it seems the Jazz have just got Sidney Lowe arrested on some tax related charges.... that's some news near trade deadline methinks Shocked Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumors, rumors, rumors   Rumors, rumors, rumors - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumors, rumors, rumors
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next