Utah Jazz Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Home of the greatest fans in the NBA!

HomeHome  2013 draft - Page 4 Empty  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 draft

Go down 
+13
therawns
Drive"N"Kick
aliveandkickin
dongibby
Mutangclan
TheMagnus
Saint Louis
zero24gravity
Calgary Jazz
Richardale
rorybreaker
Romoholic
The Voice of Reason
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Saint Louis
Starter

2013 draft - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:15 am

Mutangclan wrote:
MTJazz wrote:
I'm getting on the Schroeder bandwagon. Holy shitz, the kid is lightening fast and is pure PG. I know this sounds crazy but the last time I saw a foreign kid that age, or any rookie PG with with that much speed it was watching Tony Parker smoke the Jazz his rookie year in a pre-season game. Everyone was like, "who the hell is that guy anyway, who did he play for and how come I haven't heard of him"? I guarantee you if Schroeder had gained exposure in college ball he would be automatic Top 10 pick. Yeah, he is young, didn't jump as high as all the other guards, only weighs 165, but you can't teach that speed, his handle is awesome, already a great passer and has a huge wing span. If the Jazz could get this guy at #14 its a no-brainer. Pick Larkin at #21 as insurance. I'm sold.

Totally agree with you. If this is the case, I'd also be ok with bringing on Calderon for a couple years, show them what he knows.
Also, looks like it's going to be totally do-able in the draft, and found this tidbit on our biggest need, and the liklihood of grabbing a good one:

There is no doubting that Michigan’s Trey Burke is the favorite to be the top point guard off the board, after he drops you can expect Syracuse’s Michael Carter-Williams to go and then possibly Dennis Schroeder from Germany, Shane Larkin from Miami and then Lehigh’s CJ McCollum in some order after the first two go.
The problem is who needs a point guard?
The Cavs hold the top overall pick, but Cleveland is set at point guard with Kyrie Irving.
Orlando could go point guard at #2, but that might not be where the Magic address their point guard need. They may opt for an impact guy like Ben McLemore or Victor Oladipo and see what is left in the second round or at the end of the first where they could trade their way into another pick.
The Washington Wizards hold the third pick, but they are also set at point guard with John Wall.
The Bobcats might ponder a Trey Burke with the #4, but don’t they already have that kind of player in Kemba Walker?
The Phoenix Suns at #5 have Goran Dragic and Kendal Marshall whom they drafted with a lottery pick last year. Are they adding another point guard to the roster? Unlikely.
The New Orleans Pelicans might look at point guard with the #6, but with Grevis Vasquez emerging last year would Burke really be a good fit? And who really knows what the end game will be with Eric Gordon.
The Sacramento Kings at #7 might be the first team to seriously look at point guard, but with Isaiah Thomas, Tyreke Evans and Jimmer Fredette already on the roster would new ownership invest another lottery pick into a point guard? And who will be calling the shots on draft night?
The Detroit Pistons might be hard pressed to pass on Trey Burke at #8, but they invested a high level pick into Brandon Knight – are they giving up on Brandon already?
The Wolves at #9 have Ricky Rubio, they are unlikely to waste a top ten pick on a point guard, especially when two guard is one of their most pressing needs.
The Blazers at #10, have the rookie of the year in point guard Damian Lillard. The Blazers profess to want toughness and size, that’s not happening with a point guard.
The Philadelphia 76ers have an All-Star point guard in Jrue Holiday, while the Thunder at #12 have a multi-time All-Star in Russell Westrbook.
Dallas, at #13, might be the first team with a real need for a point guard which means it could be a long night for point guards if the draft order stays as it is, simply because the teams at the top don’t have a lot of need for a lottery pick point guard.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-mock-draft-consensus-ver-4-0#3yEyohDEJ9Smtj7c.99

As expected, we didn't move up from our lowest lottery pick available. I think there are still a lot of good options for the Jazz. I haven't found all of them, but a few spring to mind.

If Mich PG Burke is still available when New Orleans has their chance to pick, we could trade our two first round picks for that pick. That would be extremely good for NO, and potentially pretty good for the Jazz. Or, we could trade our lottery pick and our 2nd round pick for NO's 1st pick (Burke). That would be a fair trade, but, why would NO want a fair trade when they have a shot at a better trade (with us or others)? One reason for NO taking our 1st and 2nd round picks (instead of both our 1st round picks) to trade Burke would be our projected 1st round pick (Dennis Schroeder, a pg from Germany). Schroeder is much harder for NBA execs (and us) to quantify in terms of future value. IMO, some team is going to get a good PG in Burke, and another team is going to get a good PG in Schroeder.

What I think is more likely is the Jazz keeping their 2 first round picks and going with Schroeder (if available) with our 1st pick and one of a plethora of Centers that should be available in the late 1st round (Cody Zeller, Ales Len, Mason Plumlee, Kelly Olynyck, Rudy Gobert, Dario Saric [technically a SF, but, 6'10'' with talent and a big body] Gorgeiu Dieng, Jeff Whitney, Steven Adams, and Lucus Noguerro).

And, of course, there's the FA Market where we could score a major PG-- leaving us less-reliant on securing a pg in the draft (afterall, Mo Williams would be an incredibly good backup PG). If the Jazz could right the ship regarding a pg in free agency, that would leave a lot of really good options with our draft. We could get 2 or even 3 of the bigs I listed above (getting Saric and 2 others would be a major coup!). This is also a good reason why NO might want to make a trade of their 1st round pick for our 1st and 2nd round picks.

It's very early, but I see a lot of very good possibilities for the Jazz-- more than I see for most other teams.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:54 am

Yeah, I have a feeling there is going to be a very good PG prospect available at #14. While it is true that a lot of teams take on principle the BPA, and that could be a PG they don't need, that only means they will pick and trade him to a team that has already made it known they want the pick. But in this case, everyone picking ahead of the Jazz pretty much have other roster needs to fill....so who knows. I bet the Jazz figure out the PG they want and work with teams ahead of them to insure they get their man. Wouldn't be surprised if that guy is Schroeder.

And, its highly unlikely the Jazz will throw a rookie PG into the starting mix as that will inhibit the development of the other kids. Jazz aren't going for a ring next year, so look for them to re-sign Mo on a 2-year or preferably, Calderone, to raise up the new baby PG.

Would also like to see the Jazz use their next pick on a big....
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2013 11:17 am

Burke, Schroeder, KCP and MCW are the guys with very good to good chance to be dependable starter NBA guards. None of them will last 14 clocks in this draft; Jazz should do something to climb the ladder if they want to get a seriously relevant guard.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2013 11:37 am

outerspacefan wrote:
Burke, Schroeder, KCP and MCW are the guys with very good to good chance to be dependable starter NBA guards. None of them will last 14 clocks in this draft; Jazz should do something to climb the ladder if they want to get a seriously relevant guard.

The good news is, there are very few teams in the lottery that need a PG. Maybe only Orlando, Sacramento, New Orleans and Dallas (possibly OKC needs a back-up) . Most of the teams that "might" need a PG also have more glaring needs as well, or already have a high draft pick, young point on the roster.

CLE - K.Irving, ORL - J.Nelson, WAS - J.Wall, CHA - K.Walker, PHO - Dragic, NO - G.Vasquez, SAC. - I.Thomas/Jimmer/Evans, DET - B.Knight, MIN - Rubio/Ridnour, POR - Lillard, PHI - J.Holliday, OKC - Westbrook

At least one of the guys you mentioned (and you didn't mention Larkin) will almost certainly be there at #14.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BasketAppealGiftBaskets
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Orlando, Charlotte, Sacramento, Detroit, even Philadelfia could easily decide they need another PG to develop instead of what they have; Nelson is not the future in ORL and somehow Walker, Sacto's PGs, Knight and even Holiday still have big question marks.
There are really no great wings or bigs in this draft class, so Burke, Scroeder, MCW and KCP will be gone methinks...Hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:35 pm

outerspacefan wrote:
Orlando, Charlotte, Sacramento, Detroit, even Philadelfia could easily decide they need another PG to develop instead of what they have; Nelson is not the future in ORL and somehow Walker, Sacto's PGs, Knight and even Holiday still have big question marks.
There are really no great wings or bigs in this draft class, so Burke, Schroeder, MCW and KCP will be gone methinks...Hope I'm wrong.

Are you talking about Kentavious Caldwell-Pope? I don't see him ranked higher than 14 on any of the draft boards. Oladipo, Porter, McLemore, Burke, and maybe McCollum. Those are the guys worth trading up for, those are the guys who can be difference makers. I think there's some good talent out there, but I think a couple of those guys are going to rise above the rest.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Just MHO on Caldwell-Pope. I like McLemore very much too and probably should have put him in my brief list. Not sold on Odalipo, Porter, McCollum though, but of course I cannot sustain that cannot end up being very solid NBA players.

Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:03 am

Don't know if anybody saw this, but D.J. Stephens might be worth a serious look in the second round.

He's a 6'5" Power forward...right now. But he's also got a 7' wingspan, a 46" (!!) vert, and can cover 3/4 court in under 3 seconds. Some Jeremy Evans type tutelage and in 5 or 6 years he could be an elite wing defender and ultra efficient low volume scorer (think Ronnie Brewer).
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:08 am

TheMagnus wrote:
Don't know if anybody saw this, but D.J. Stephens might be worth a serious look in the second round.

He's a 6'5" Power forward...right now. But he's also got a 7' wingspan, a 46" (!!) vert, and can cover 3/4 court in under 3 seconds. Some Jeremy Evans type tutelage and in 5 or 6 years he could be an elite wing defender and ultra efficient low volume scorer (think Ronnie Brewer).

I saw a little bit on him and my thought was he seemed like O.Jeffers, who played for the Jazz a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2013 8:19 am

zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

I saw a little bit on him and my thought was he seemed like O.Jeffers, who played for the Jazz a few years ago.

I liked Jeffers, so I'd say that is a good thing, but I don't think Jeffers had this guys athleticism. I don't think anybody has this guys athleticism.

A 40" no-step vert is just insane. The dude is 6'5" tall and he can jump off of two feet without taking a step and kiss the rim.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:55 am

TheMagnus wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
TheMagnus wrote:

I liked Jeffers, so I'd say that is a good thing, but I don't think Jeffers had this guys athleticism. I don't think anybody has this guys athleticism.

A 40" no-step vert is just insane. The dude is 6'5" tall and he can jump off of two feet without taking a step and kiss the rim.

We already have one insane athlete gathering bench dust in JE - why do the Jazz need another? Though what the heck - a second pick - why not?
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Interesting stuff from Bradford Doolittle (ESPN Insider $$)...

Quote :

2013 Jazz NBA draft guide

Personnel needs: playmaking PG, SG or C

Major need: The Jazz have nearly a full set of young players: Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors might be the NBA's frontcourt of the future, Gordon Hayward looks like a keeper on the wing and Alec Burks has shown flashes of being a starting-caliber player. At the end of the regular season, Hayward was the grand old man of this quartet at age 23. Obviously Utah will be keeping some veterans in its rotation mix, but finding a young point guard to complete an under-25 starting lineup would be an exciting thing for NBA prospect hounds. Point guard has been a glaring roster hole for the Jazz since Deron Williams departed. The question: Can the void be filled with this draft class?

Quiet need: Hayward should really be starting, and Marvin Williams can't create offense for himself. If a new starting point guard is found, Mo Williams would make a perfect instant offense threat, but he's likely priced too high to bring back in that capacity. If Utah goes young with its starting lineup, then Paul Millsap could be re-signed as a dynamic sixth man. But that wouldn't alleviate the need for a perimeter scoring threat off the bench who can create for himself. The best solution might be to retain free agent Randy Foye if the price is right, even while the overarching hope would be that Burks can push him to a reserve role.

Not a need: Young bigs are plentiful in Utah, though the Jazz are not at the point where they can overlook any high-ceiling player should one fall to them the lottery, regardless of position. However, Kanter, Favors and Millsap will be around to do the heavy lifting, while Jeremy Evans' consistently outstanding efficiency numbers scream for him to be tested in a larger role. Utah needs a stretch big, but such a person can be plucked off the scrap heap, or maybe hard-working DeMarre Carroll will improve his deep stroke and become more of a combo forward.

Depth chart

Jobs in jeopardy: Since there is a good chance Utah will be starting a very young frontcourt, Marvin Williams would seem to be a poor fit in that scenario. He started 51 games last season but finished below replacement level in WARP. It's time to turn the position over to Hayward.

Don't mess with it: Theoretically, the Jazz could have as more cap space available this summer than all but a couple of teams, if Utah was willing to walk away from its free agents. However, the Jazz have that aforementioned core four to consider. Favors and Hayward are eligible for extensions by the end of October, while Kanter and Burks aren't far off. Utah should make a run at keeping Millsap as a veteran anchor who would get starter's minutes backing up the young, foul-prone bigs. The market will determine if that can happen.

What free agency could solve

The Jazz won't be big players in the free-agent market and would be hard pressed to attract a star-level talent to Salt Lake City even if they tried. That's not a slam on the city, mind you, just the reality of the NBA landscape.

Utah's impact on the free-agent season will be dictated by which of its own players it is successful in keeping. Millsap is the one guy they need to retain, though they shouldn't go above $9-$10 million per year. The Jazz will move on from Al Jefferson, whose post scoring is a rare and valuable commodity, but he's poor defender and doesn't protect the rim. Mo Williams and Foye are other key free agents, with Williams likely to move on. Finally, Utah found something in Carroll as an energy bench guy and potential perimeter stopper. He's worth keeping and should be affordable.

How they draft

Where they draft well: Utah has always had to build through the draft and has managed to find great values all over the draft board. Karl Malone (No. 13 in 1985) and John Stockton (No. 16 in 1984) are two of the great draft values of all time. More recently, Utah landed Andrei Kirilenko at No. 24, Deron Williams at No. 3 and Kanter at No. 2. Most impressively, the Jazz have nailed a number of second-round picks, including Millsap. Evans, C.J. Miles and Mo Williams are other solid players taken by Utah in the second round.

Where they don't draft well: At the top. Utah has never picked at No. 1, but that's partly because the Jazz haven't been in the lottery that often. The Jazz missed the playoffs this season for just the fifth time in the last 30 years.

Three best fits

Michael Carter-Williams, PG, Syracuse (Chad Ford Big Board ranking: No. 9): I'm assuming the Jazz will miss out on the top two point guards from Chad Ford's rankings, Trey Burke and C.J. McCollum. Since the Jazz have picks at both Nos. 14 and 21, they could take a lead guard with both selections. Carter-Williams might not be a shooter, but he can do everything else and would help give Utah formidable length on the perimeter.

Shane Larkin, PG, Miami (No. 22): It's hard to tell if Larkin would slip to Utah at No. 21, but if so and if the Jazz nab Carter-Williams earlier, than Larkin would but the perfect complement. He's a shooter and creator, perfect for instant offense off the bench where his lack of size wouldn't be as big a detriment of defense. He also could pair with Carter-Williams at times.

Pierre Jackson, PG, Baylor (No. 27): Jackson is pretty much a copy of Larkin, with same kind of big-time shot-making ability in an undersized, waterbug kind of body. He's also more likely to be available to Utah at No. 21.

It's a successful draft if...
What they must accomplish: There are enough quality point guard prospects in this draft that the Jazz would be hard-pressed to come away without a prospect for their biggest roster hole. And as I've suggested, it might be a good opportunity to nab a pair of lead guards.

Additional goals: Teams can't have too much shooting, but it's a particular need in Utah. The Jazz finished 28th in 3-point attempt frequency in 2012-13 and really need a shooting specialist on the roster to fill the role once held down so well by Kyle Korver (who, by the way, is a free agent). A dark horse possibility could be South Dakota State's Nate Wolters, who should be on the board when Utah picks at No. 46.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/story/_/id/9301093/2013-nba-draft-lottery-team-draft-guide-utah-jazz
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Can't argue with much of that, and like Paul returning.
I'd like Utah to grab whoever they think is the best PG at 14, and then at #21 if the best player available is Larkin or another PG, then I 'd like to see them grab him too.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:29 am

Mutangclan wrote:
I'd like Utah to grab whoever they think is the best PG at 14, and then at #21 if the best player available is Larkin or another PG, then I 'd like to see them grab him too.

Looking around at all of the different mock draft's it is looking like Dennis Schroeder should still be on the board for the Jazz at the 14th pick even with me wanting them to take a look at a big if someone like Kelly Olynyk, Cody Zeller or Rudy Gobert are still there I think they are better off taking Dennis while they have a shot at him at 14 I just don't see them getting anything close to him at PG with the 21st pick .

With the 21st pick I think they take either Steven Adams or Mason Plumlee if they are still there I really like the potential these two would bring to the team then I think the Jazz with the 2nd round pick take Myck Kabongo, if they could come out of the draft with these 2 PG's and one of these big's then I think this would be a very good draft for them.

If the Jazz where to resign Paul Milsap I would not have any problem with that at all but if the talk going around just after the season ended about Milsap being a problem in the locker room after the all start brake has anything to it then I am not so sure that the Jazz would be looking to bring him back. When they have a player doing something like this in the past they look to ship them out as soon as they can.
Back to top Go down
TheMagnus
Admin
TheMagnus

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:12 am

dongibby wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

Looking around at all of the different mock draft's it is looking like Dennis Schroeder should still be on the board for the Jazz at the 14th pick even with me wanting them to take a look at a big if someone like Kelly Olynyk, Cody Zeller or Rudy Gobert are still there I think they are better off taking Dennis while they have a shot at him at 14 I just don't see them getting anything close to him at PG with the 21st pick .

With the 21st pick I think they take either Steven Adams or Mason Plumlee if they are still there I really like the potential these two would bring to the team then I think the Jazz with the 2nd round pick take Myck Kabongo, if they could come out of the draft with these 2 PG's and one of these big's then I think this would be a very good draft for them.

If the Jazz where to resign Paul Milsap I would not have any problem with that at all but if the talk going around just after the season ended about Milsap being a problem in the locker room after the all start brake has anything to it then I am not so sure that the Jazz would be looking to bring him back. When they have a player doing something like this in the past they look to ship them out as soon as they can.

I don't think Adams will be around at 21, Plumlee might.

Kabongo would be nice in the second round.

I think there is going to be some really solid talent on the board at #14, and I expect the Jazz to draft the best player available (according to their draft board) in that spot. There is almost guaranteed to be a good PG available in that spot. Larkin, Schroeder, and MCW are not all going to go that early, no way, but at the same time I could see them passing on any of those guys for a guy like Olynyk or Adams at 14 if they felt good enough about them.
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:21 am

TheMagnus wrote:
dongibby wrote:
Mutangclan wrote:

I don't think Adams will be around at 21, Plumlee might.

Kabongo would be nice in the second round.

I think there is going to be some really solid talent on the board at #14, and I expect the Jazz to draft the best player available (according to their draft board) in that spot. There is almost guaranteed to be a good PG available in that spot. Larkin, Schroeder, and MCW are not all going to go that early, no way, but at the same time I could see them passing on any of those guys for a guy like Olynyk or Adams at 14 if they felt good enough about them.

Ugh, not Olynyk. I think he screams journeyman at best.
Back to top Go down
zero24gravity
Admin
zero24gravity

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Mutangclan wrote:
Ugh, not Olynyk. I think he screams journeyman at best.

Good thing about Olynyk is that he has a different skill set than the Jazz' current big-duo. Also, the team does need another big, even if they do sign back Millsap. That being said, I think there with be a PG with just as much skill (or more) available, and the point position really should be the team's focus.
Back to top Go down
Drive"N"Kick
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:22 pm

I hope the jazz make the right moves this offseason. One thing I think the jazz could really use is a legit 7 footer.when was the last time the jazz had a legit 7 footer? Koufus? Fesinko? All I know is size matters a lot and I think getting a legit 7 foot body on the court at times would be very helpful, I also don't know if he is a FA, but I would like to get Boris Diaw from the spurs, I don't know what it is, but I like his game and think he would be a nice pickup for the jazz as a 3rd or 4th big.
Not to be a bummer here, and stray away from the jazz motto. But would you guys mind if the jazz took a tank year this year to get Jabari Parker? The kid is crazy good
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:22 am

Drive"N"Kick wrote:
I hope the jazz make the right moves this offseason. One thing I think the jazz could really use is a legit 7 footer.when was the last time the jazz had a legit 7 footer? Koufus? Fesinko? All I know is size matters a lot and I think getting a legit 7 foot body on the court at times would be very helpful, I also don't know if he is a FA, but I would like to get Boris Diaw from the spurs, I don't know what it is, but I like his game and think he would be a nice pickup for the jazz as a 3rd or 4th big.
Not to be a bummer here, and stray away from the jazz motto. But would you guys mind if the jazz took a tank year this year to get Jabari Parker? The kid is crazy good

I do! If we're tanking i'm taking Wiggins!
Back to top Go down
Richardale
All Star
Richardale

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:23 am

Andrew Wiggins F 6-8 Kansas A gift from the basketball gods. Wiggins was born to play basketball. His ability is off the charts and his potential limitless. He is a different player than Lebron James in that Lebron is a more natural passer and Wiggins is a more natural scorer but he could be the next King of the NBA. Kobe/LeBron
2 Julius Randle PF 6-9 Kentucky Well built and fluid athlete with legit power forward size and strength. Very nice looking shot out to 18 feet and shoots with a lot of confidence. Great handle for a big guy (lefty) and surprisingly good hesitation dribble and quickness with the ball. Skilled enough with the ball to run the fast break. Doesn't project as a great shot blocker but could develop in this area. Chris Webber
3 Jabari Parker SF 6-8 Duke Parker is a very skilled and versatile player who excels in all aspects of the game. Good handle, court vision, understanding of the game and scoring ability. A powerful athlete who is strong and well built for the pro game. Carmelo Anthony
Back to top Go down
Mutangclan
Hall Of Famer
Mutangclan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:13 am

Drive"N"Kick wrote:

Yea, every year since we didn't resign Fesenko, I've wanted him back. Massive man, surprisingly agile, blocks shots, rebounds. I'm surprised he's not in the league.

I can tell you I would bet any amount of money that Diaw would fail miserably in Utah. He was a frustrating player everywhere he went, until he went to the Spurs, was the last option on offense and defense, had 3 extremely talented professional player/leaders and a no nonsense and highly respected coach. Utah has none of those right now. Diaw has soared, so to speak, because he finally found the right situation.
Back to top Go down
dongibby
Starter
dongibby

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:06 am

Drive"N"Kick wrote:

I agree 100% a true 7 footer to protect the paint and rebound is something every NBA team needs, I keep looking back at the Eden, Ostertag day's where their size was a big part of what the Jazz did on the defensive end. These two was not looked to for scoring but to rebound and defend the paint and if the Jazz could find a 7' that could do this I think it take's them up to a new level of ball.

I would not be mad at all if the Jazz was to go with the Young Gun's next season and if they end up with a top 3 pick at the end of the day that would only help the Jazz in building for the future. I myself would be OK if the Jazz was to do this for the next 2 season this is one proven way to land a star quality player.
Back to top Go down
Drive"N"Kick
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:33 am

Very true Mu. I wasn't thinking about Diaws lack of success before he was a spur. He was the last option on the bench for the bobcats, an I've said since Mj took over the bobcats, that if you can't start on the bobcats, then you aren't good enouph to be a rotational player for a decent team ( with the exception of Kemba) I just got caught up in what I see him doing for the spurs. Space the floor, can handle the ball, gets 1 or 2 suprising boards/ putbacks a game and is actually hustling and trying to play D for the spurs. I do rethink what I said before, if he was to come to Utah he would have problems and probably wouldn't play with the hustle/passion he is playing with on the spurs.
On another note, we need to get a lockdown defender out there in the perimeter, I know GH is a good defender and DemarrDog is a really good defender because of the extreme hustle he plays with, but we don't have a lockdown defender. And since defense is not looked at near as much as offense on the wings, we could get a very good defender with our late picn or our 2nd pick. How sweet would it be if we got a player like Jimmy Butler with our late pick, with the superstar talent at SF in the league today, having a guy like Jimmy Butler is essential if you don't have a superstar SF.
The way I am looking at it, the Jazz gave too many holes to fill this offseason thatwe couldn't possibly fill. Unless we were to sign CP DH and Tony Allen. And really don't see us getting any of those guys. Toby Allen would be the most likely, but he is 30 so he will most likely be pushing to stay in memphis or go to another contender. It sucks that we are such a small market and can get guys like CP on board. We have to get superstars in the middle of the draft almost every year. The jazz have only drafted in the top 5 like 4 or 5 times in the history of the franchise, and 2 of those were were picks we traded for.
We got Stockton at 16 or 18, let's hope we can get a Stockton like talented Pg at 14.
Back to top Go down
MTJazz
All Star
MTJazz

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Drive"N"Kick wrote:
VWe have to get superstars in the middle of the draft almost every year. The jazz have only drafted in the top 5 like 4 or 5 times in the history of the franchise, and 2 of those were were picks we traded for.
We got Stockton at 16 or 18, let's hope we can get a Stockton like talented Pg at 14.

One word, one player: Schroeder. Make it so.
Back to top Go down
outerspacefan
Starter
outerspacefan

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 6:54 pm

MTJazz wrote:
One word, one player: Schroeder. Make it so.
Yeap, I'm sold on this guy too. Problem is so many dudes around the league seem to be sold on him too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 draft   2013 draft - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 draft
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next